Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Tyree posted:

I like how Pike massacres the treekru, lucks out with lexa calling a cease fire, then immediately decides to murder more people. If they just went along with the Commander, they could have gotten food thru them or at least been on good terms and been able to farm on that soil anyway.

pike more like puke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Grounder village fights dirty and I love. Monty your mom is cold as gently caress and I will laugh when she dies.

I am liking the Titus char a lot. Tried to reason with Clarke using logic and not just rawr grounder murder her.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Now that is good story telling. This AI plot is a lot more interesting than I thought it was going to be. And better written. There is no need for the contrived Pike bullshit, this would have been good as the A story.

This guy gets it. Jaha plot is always the best plot. Suck it doubters :colbert:

The AI Becca, the Murphster and the reveal of what Polis stands for. A good ending.

muscles like this? posted:

I wonder if this means the Commander stuff is more literal than we thought seeing as it could be some ALIE 2.0 poo poo.

Maybe the Nightblood is the side effect of eating the AI coins or whatever. Either way, poo poo is gonna own.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Tyree posted:

I like how Pike massacres the treekru, lucks out with lexa calling a cease fire, then immediately decides to murder more people. If they just went along with the Commander, they could have gotten food thru them or at least been on good terms and been able to farm on that soil anyway.

Relying on Lexa for food is a good way to get your people exterminated. There is also no chance they would been able to farm that soil. Most grounders wanted to kill the Ark people, even before Pike's massacre. I don't think Lexa would be commander for very much longer if she told grounders to move their villages out of the way, so that the Ark people could farm their land.

It hadn't even occurred to Kane to plan for Arkadia's food or water needs. Sitting in your camp and expecting Lexa to take care of you because she has a thing for Abby's daughter is such weak leadership. Pike may be a hard rear end, but he is the first person from the Ark actually think about the big picture for Ark people resettling the Earth. Lexa could suffer from a ruptured appendix tomorrow, and then what? The brand on Kane's arm isn't going to stop the other 11 clans from burning Arkadia to the ground.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
LOL all of a sudden Pike needs proof to arrest/assassinate Kane?

C'mon Pike.

Also RIP Monroe, how did she get roped into this stupid Pike poo poo when she and Harper and Lincoln basically stood up to Pike's first shooting spree squad 2 episodes ago?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Sober posted:

LOL all of a sudden Pike needs proof to arrest/assassinate Kane?

C'mon Pike.

Also RIP Monroe, how did she get roped into this stupid Pike poo poo when she and Harper and Lincoln basically stood up to Pike's first shooting spree squad 2 episodes ago?

No she didn't. Munroe allowed Pike's Einsatzgruppen to pass through the gate. Remember she literally says sorry and then walks away.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I was just thinking if the AI is connected to the commander it would explain lexa's infinity neck tattoo and maybe her nightmare was more than a nightmare. might have been the AI talking to her trying to get her to follow orders!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

also lol if you think that Arkadia would stand a chance or even win against the grounders after tonight's episode

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

also lol if you think that Arkadia would stand a chance or even win against the grounders after tonight's episode

Yeah there's a ton of "Smart" ways for a technologically inferior nation to deal with invasions from something more advanced, such as the technique demonstrated in tonight's episode. Typically the great empires of history got around that problem by throwing sheer numbers at it, but Arkadia does not have that luxury :mil101:

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Pike fought a guerilla campaign for a year against the Ice Nation, that tribe all the other grounders fear. He lost some women and kids.

We'll be back to that patented Pike grounder-killing perfection right after he puts a bullet in Kane's head. Blood may not demand blood anymore, but treason does.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

jfood posted:

Pike fought a guerilla campaign for a year against the Ice Nation, that tribe all the other grounders fear. He lost some women and kids.

We'll be back to that patented Pike grounder-killing perfection right after he puts a bullet in Kane's head. Blood may not demand blood anymore, but treason does.

Your gimmick sucks

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Tyree posted:

I like how Pike massacres the treekru, lucks out with lexa calling a cease fire, then immediately decides to murder more people.

And it's not at all needed. The Ark has tons of technology to set up manufacturing, they could simply buy scrap metal and sell knives, nails and other poo poo and they'd be swimming in food in no time. But no, Mr. Lebensraum just has to cleanse the Ostland of its subhumans so they can go farming there and be in touch with the land like it's meant to be. As much as Pike is a poo poo I like how his motivations are Darré's Blood And Soil ideology. Eugenics and selective breeding are probably not for away under #Pike2016.

Things are really starting to fall into place and I'm totally over my reservations of the start of the season. Are the Commanders linked to the other Polaris AI through their black blood ? Is Roger Cross talking in Lexa's head and does he want to save or destroy Arkadia ? Or it is Titus who is linked and who has been manipulating the Commanders as a Grand Vizier ?

And is that Titus with a gun in the promo shooting at Clarke, Lexa or both of them ? Goddammn, why do I need to wait a week ?

Top moment: Finn got a posthumous kick in the balls now the only person who cared for him at the end has forgotten she ever knew him.

CeeJee fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Feb 26, 2016

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So those grounders have access to the acid fog stuff. Did Emerson give it to them? Is that whats going on?

Jesus Christ really man?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
This is basically the sequel to Person of Interest.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Show needs to spend more time with Monty and his mother. Two and a bit seasons as a regular and he's still a barely developed character. I think his mom's been in more episodes this season than he has.

That said, I'm guessing the solution to that situation is going to involve someone slipping AI wafers to the lot of Pike's gang and deleting the motivation behind their aggression.

I also wonder if installing ALLIE into the Arkadian mainframe is going to have repercussions down the road, or if she can only access the computers when she's directly linked to them through her jackpack.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Anyone else pick up that in the show-provided subtitles that "Skaikru" will sometimes appear as "Skaikru" but other times appear as "Sky People"? It's minor and inconsequential, but weird.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I really liked Octavia for the first of this episode. Scouting the Pikemen, saving the kid, warning the village, "Couldn't have spoken up before I got kicked in the face? *spits blood*" But then she gets knocked out by an old man and just starts getting tugged along by the tide of plot convenience...

I still feel like the show isn't treating the outright murder with the severity it deserves. It's absolutely Finn all over again. But I mean what Pike and his soldiers did was on or near the scale of Mt Weather, right? Bellamy is completely irredeemable to me, and it sucks, because he was one of my favourite characters in season 2. Now he's a complete villain who deserves to die and I'm not even sure WHY he's being like this.

Kane and Abby is a better potential relationship than any other in the show. The actors have good chemistry. But I still feel like Kane deserves someone better. Abby kinda sucks. He is maybe the only remaining sensible person in the show.

Speaking of formerly sensible characters, as a big Raven fan, seeing her all culty like this is too creepy! :smith:

Emerson doesn't feel like a real, consistent character. With all his dramatic screaming and grinning, he just feels like a sockpuppet of the writers to give Clarke some manufactured drama. Titus is much better. His respectful sitdown chat with Clarke where he made reasonable points was a more powerful scene than all Emerson's yelling. But then they kinda hosed that up by having him torture Murphy just to show what an Evil Bad Guy he is.

And goddamn, you goons nailed the prediction that the 13th Colony was going to come back in a big way!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Cool, so now these genocidal assholes are going to be up in arms "ARGH the grounders murdered one of our own I told you they were all savages ARGHH" when they were only there in the first place because they were going to literally massacre the village.

What I'm saying is Octavia should have let the whole strike team die.
Agreed!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I will say, Lexa's actress is actually doing a decent job in this episode. It's weird.
She still feels super out of place to me. There's all these tough-rear end barbarians and when she steps up to command them it still feels like she walked in from the set of Gossip Girl or some poo poo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

So my money is on night blood dreams being ALIE 2.0 in some way, and if the 13th colony itself didn't become one of the grounder clans I feel like Beca was still somehow the first commander.

Like it looked like that may have just been a tiny dropship. I feel like Beca may have been the only person to survive the 13th colony. Either that or it was only her and a small handful. However it happened this poo poo is interesting as gently caress and I continue to be surprised in the direction they've taken ALIE/City of Light. When Erica Cerra showed up last year as sexy Skynet I was super concerned her story would be dumb as gently caress.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
They aren't treating it as murder because they literally don't consider grounders to be people. Literally. Not like figuratively or subconsciously.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

VagueRant posted:

Kane and Abby is a better potential relationship than any other in the show. The actors have good chemistry. But I still feel like Kane deserves someone better. Abby kinda sucks. He is maybe the only remaining sensible person in the show.

I like Abby a lot. She wasn't the best Chancellor and made some bad decisions, but she's smart and rational and doesn't take poo poo from anyone.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
... So are we supposed to think that the 'night blood' stuff is actually the AI 2.0 suspended in blood? And perhaps the 'First Commander' was this Becky that went into space to get away from ALIE?

Because holy drat that last scene. :catstare:

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Snak posted:

They aren't treating it as murder because they literally don't consider grounders to be people. Literally. Not like figuratively or subconsciously.
I mean even Clarke and Kane and co. aren't treating it seriously enough.

WarLocke posted:

... So are we supposed to think that the 'night blood' stuff is actually the AI 2.0 suspended in blood? And perhaps the 'First Commander' was this Becky that went into space to get away from ALIE?

I forget where I've seen this mentioned, but it seemed like Becky (BECKIE?) or whatever is the name of the second AI, equivalent to ALIE.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

VagueRant posted:

I forget where I've seen this mentioned, but it seemed like Becky (BECKIE?) or whatever is the name of the second AI, equivalent to ALIE.

I wonder if Clarke is infected/carrying it now.

I mean, that blood was all over her face, and there's mucous membranes around the eyeballs...

:catdrugs:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Why is the 13th Tribe Colony such a secret? I thought it was common knowledge among the Arkers? Or am I confusing off air exposition from the creators with stuff that actually happened on screen?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Astroman posted:

Why is the 13th Tribe Colony such a secret? I thought it was common knowledge among the Arkers? Or am I confusing off air exposition from the creators with stuff that actually happened on screen?

The 13th Station is kind of a legend type thing - people know about it, but it's not polite to mention that Unification Day came about because 1/13 of the human population (that they knew of) got nuked.

Jaha mentions that data on the 13th Station was scrubbed from the Ark's computers because nobody wanted that inconvenient reminder.

So it's something that people might 'know', but they're not going to make the leap to thinking that it's relevant now unless they have a reason to (like Jaha's leap of inspiration).

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I think the station being blown up is known. What's a secret is that that station was originally intended to join the Ark.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

VagueRant posted:

Becky is, I believe, the girl that Murphy saw in the video brought in by the guy (who ended up killing himself) to meet ALIE. You know, the one who ALIE looks like. She got all mad about it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Astroman posted:

Maybe the whole colony were blue pillers.... gone space mad.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Snak posted:

I think the station being blown up is known. What's a secret is that that station was originally intended to join the Ark.

Were they actually intending to join up though?

I was kind of surprised that ALIE didn't know about the 13th Station given she was pre-war.

I think the implication about what's happened so far is:

Chris, Becca and whoever the guys were that moved Chris' body created an AI to help people/solve a problem.

ALIE determines that the best course of action is just to wipe out humanity. Becca locks her up and then fucks off to space station 13 to restart the project and find a way of stopping ALIE.

Chris gets tricked by ALIE's City of Light stuff, frees her and nukes fly everywhere. The other stations want to hook up but Becca isn't sure that they're under ALIE's influence so she convinces a bunch of astronauts to blow up the station and fly back to earth.

Their prolonged exposure to radiation allows them to survive the new Earth and with their gear, they build and establish the 12 clans making sure to keep their weapons and society low tech to ensure that ALIE will no longer be able to control them. Becca becomes the first Commander and starts a cult/society of advisors like Titus who will always know the full truth.

The initial astronauts that came down with Becca are all inoculated against ALIE and their descendants become the Nightbloods. I don't think they're plugged into the City of Light 2.0 but I think Titus is and we'll see an episode from his perspective (such as when he confronts Clarke) where he's holding two conversations at once.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WarLocke posted:

That's my theory too.

Kegslayer posted:

Were they actually intending to join up though?

I was kind of surprised that ALIE didn't know about the 13th Station given she was pre-war.

I think the implication about what's happened so far is:

Chris, Becca and whoever the guys were that moved Chris' body created an AI to help people/solve a problem.

ALIE determines that the best course of action is just to wipe out humanity. Becca locks her up and then fucks off to space station 13 to restart the project and find a way of stopping ALIE.

Chris gets tricked by ALIE's City of Light stuff, frees her and nukes fly everywhere. The other stations want to hook up but Becca isn't sure that they're under ALIE's influence so she convinces a bunch of astronauts to blow up the station and fly back to earth.

Their prolonged exposure to radiation allows them to survive the new Earth and with their gear, they build and establish the 12 clans making sure to keep their weapons and society low tech to ensure that ALIE will no longer be able to control them. Becca becomes the first Commander and starts a cult/society of advisors like Titus who will always know the full truth.

The initial astronauts that came down with Becca are all inoculated against ALIE and their descendants become the Nightbloods. I don't think they're plugged into the City of Light 2.0 but I think Titus is and we'll see an episode from his perspective (such as when he confronts Clarke) where he's holding two conversations at once.

From what I understood, the one of the 12 stations blew up the 13th one as a statement to the rest of the group. Join up or get hosed.

"Blowing a space station out of the sky to get others to join isn't exactly an inspirational unity day story" - Jaha

Rest of the post is speculation so who knows.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 28, 2016

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

WarLocke posted:

That makes the most sense right now. If you remember the scene where Claire tried to poison the Ice Queen, the nightblood girl sounded the alarm and intervened, even though she was standing at the back of the room. My guess is that her ALIE 2.0 warned her.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So those grounders have access to the acid fog stuff. Did Emerson give it to them? Is that whats going on?

hahahaha :patssay:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think he's trying to say...
"Way to pay attention, two eyes."

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

The grounders are Treekru and have their own weapons. They opted to salt their homes to kill the invading force as a big gently caress you to Skykru.

Emerson was captured by the Ice Nation and sent in a box to Lexa.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

The grounders are Treekru and have their own weapons. They opted to salt their homes to kill the invading force as a big gently caress you to Skykru.

Emerson was captured by the Ice Nation and sent in a box to Lexa.

I know that. But they used some type of the Acid Fog from Mt Weather. So I wondered where they got it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They burnt some weird toxic sap dude... no one had any acid burns...

We all saw the same thing.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Other big question is what should Clarke have done with Emerson?

I think she should have refused the revenge, but the grounders should've swiftly executed him for his part in working against the Commander.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

VagueRant posted:

Other big question is what should Clarke have done with Emerson?

I think she should have refused the revenge, but the grounders should've swiftly executed him for his part in working against the Commander.

Not to mention, Emerson has probably murdered/enslaved way more grounders than Skypeople considering he was Chief of the Mountain Men security Death Squad

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I know that. But they used some type of the Acid Fog from Mt Weather. So I wondered where they got it.

I know it was said earlier, but jesus christ come on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That's not even the biggest question. We saw the grounders using some sort of device that allowed them to propel sticks over great distances. It looked like a bigger flexible stick that was curved in a crescent shape. There was a piece of string connecting the two ends. Not only that, but these sticks that they were launching were on fire.

Just how much technology did Emerson give them?

• Locked thread