Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

darealkooky posted:

lay it on me yall

street fighter V: yes, or no?

Bnllleeerrrghhhhhghppppffffblblvk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

darealkooky posted:

lay it on me yall

Yes, though if you want to wait until March nobody would blame you.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

darealkooky posted:

lay it on me yall

If you care mostly about multiplayer, yes. If you care mostly about single player, no.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I feel like there have been way more than V street fighters. Can anyone confirM?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Idk man, it says V right there in the title.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sharzak posted:

I feel like there have been way more than V street fighters. Can anyone confirM?

there are 5 street fighter 2s at least

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

darealkooky posted:

lay it on me yall

Eh.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

darealkooky posted:

lay it on me yall

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

darealkooky posted:

lay it on me yall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juf6dPHLhc8

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

darealkooky posted:

lay it on me yall

pants

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

FlashMetroid was very nice in person

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

darealkooky posted:

lay it on me yall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

bhsman posted:

Yes, though if you want to wait until March nobody would blame you.

... March 2017 Haha!

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Okay I tried out Ryu and he's good and familiar so I guess I'm "going back to the basics" freakout averted. I may have sounded bad there but i think it's a Good Thing that capcom changed up the game so much, I got that same fresh faced excitement with characters I had with SF3 where everything is new and exciting.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Yes.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Do as I say, not as I do.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

:lol:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I don't get it, what's funny about that.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I was super pumped for this game the whole time and I've "only" put in 17 hours.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i have to admit, im having a great time queueing for matches then going afk

people just spazzing out so afraid to lose, some people seem to have no clue they just beat a guy watching tv

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
It's a flagship game with lots of competition so even people that hate the game are playing the game with the intention of wanting to get good at it.

Take me, for instance.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's not like any other fighting game is alive for the next month

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Goodpart posted:

It's a flagship game with lots of competition so even people that hate the game are playing the game with the intention of wanting to get good at it.

Take me, for instance.

Putting a lot of your personal time into something you don't like is pretty insane.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 28, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Canadian posted:

Putting a lot of your personal time into something you don't like is pretty insane.

I keep trying to enjoy sfv because I'm mentally ill, yes

cams
Mar 28, 2003

MUSTARD

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Evil Canadian posted:

Excuse me, I don't think you were listening.

Goodpart posted:

It's a flagship game with lots of competition

Flagship. Flagship!

Play the games you like you fuckin' nerds. Maybe you'll complain a little less in the bargain.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Goodpart posted:

I laughed. "gently caress this horseshit game, but I'm still gonna get good at it."

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
literally everyone who was really good at sf4 loved sf4 right

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I like SF4 and SF5 too but I'm not very good at them.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Goodpart posted:

literally everyone who was really good at sf4 loved sf4 right

Probably not. Unless you have a solid chance at getting that CPT tourney money, investing your free time into something you really dislike just seems funny to me is all :shrug:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yeah i feel like if i didn't enjoy this game a lot i probably wouldn't play it. in fact, that'd be pretty loving weird imo

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I loving hate ARK but all my friends play it so I do too so I don't get left out. Maybe it's like that?

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
I know of several people in my local scene that hated SF4 and especially the kind of people that play SF4, so they got good at SF4 to take their money every chance they got. I would agree if you think it's weird and I don't really want anything to do with those dudes, but there you are.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Night 1 of SF V ownership. Beat easy and normal survival with Ryu, hopped into some casual matches thinking I'm gonna get destroyed by all these lvl 100+ people. So far I'm 4 for 4. No one activated v trigger in any matches. 1 guy used any ex attacks. This is the real training mode!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I don't know what I expected since FG threads here have turned into a huge scrub hugbox but people who play fighting games generally have opinions on them past "have fun is good." Almost every fighting game inherently has something I find fun about it, and I can enjoy myself momentarily playing the biggest piece of poo poo games if I'm learning something new and applying it against another person. I can enjoy a game overall and also poo poo on it for the things I don't like about it because those are the things that will eventually keep me from playing it long-term.

I think it's weirder to post a screenshot of my steam profile because I posted a joke vid in reply to a post designed to elicit such a response.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

huge scrub hugbox

Welcome to ESPORTS.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I don't know what I expected since FG threads here have turned into a huge scrub hugbox but people who play fighting games generally have opinions on them past "have fun is good." Almost every fighting game inherently has something I find fun about it, and I can enjoy myself momentarily playing the biggest piece of poo poo games if I'm learning something new and applying it against another person. I can enjoy a game overall and also poo poo on it for the things I don't like about it because those are the things that will eventually keep me from playing it long-term.

I think it's weirder to post a screenshot of my steam profile because I posted a joke vid in reply to a post designed to elicit such a response.

:glomp:

Mods change the thread to Street Fighter V: Huge Scrub Hugbox

There's nothing wrong with what you said, I guess we're still surprised to see you invest time if the game's direction bothers you so much. It's better than Necromonster making vaguely creepy posts every once in awhile, though.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
edit: nm

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Your name starts with a B, and I sort my friends list alphabetically. You're always up there on top playing SFV and complaining about it. It struck me as funny, is all, I wasn't actually trying to joust with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sarchasm posted:

Your name starts with a B, and I sort my friends list alphabetically. You're always up there on top playing SFV and complaining about it. It struck me as funny, is all, I wasn't actually trying to joust with you.
now go home and your fuckin' hugbox