Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I am actually happy with both PS4 plus games

Edit: but that's because my standards have fallen so low, in the past I had months where the ps+ game was something I played for months after like Sleeping Dogs

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Feb 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Real hurthling! posted:

Alundra is loving amazing. idk how i missed this game 20 years ago. I beat the first dungeon and other than the slime boss requiring a few dozen too many hits to kill for my tastes it was epic as gently caress. did they ever make a sequel? who owns the rights? Get on it sony!

I remember buying Alundra back when it did come out, it came with a rad map and everything. It has a sequel but you're best off pretending it doesn't.

Fun fact, Alundra was the first game made by Matrix Software who nowadays are mostly infamous for their average-to-terrible mobile and DS ports of Final Fantasy games. They peaked real early.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Get used to bosses taking a million hits to kill, it's the worst thing about the game. Amazingly it's actually toned down from the original Japanese release, they had even more health.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Awesome! posted:

those games suck

dunno why people keep asking for retail games of literally any quality. id much rather keep getting solid indie titles than loving knack or whatever.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

katkillad2 posted:

Another indie game bullshit month am I rite. When will they give us Knack and that lovely launch shooter I can't even remember the name of anymore?

Resogun's been a free PS+ game twice now.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Edit: Nvm I was really bad at reading the store page.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 27, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Mister Macys posted:

Resogun's been a free PS+ game twice now.

gently caress off

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

dunno why people keep asking for retail games of literally any quality. id much rather keep getting solid indie titles than loving knack or whatever.
thing is you're much more likely to get a Whoa Dave than a Rocket League

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CrashCat posted:

thing is you're much more likely to get a Whoa Dave than a Rocket League

every month since rocket league has had decent games in it. unless ur complaint is that not all 6 games have been incredible every month

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

every month since rocket league has had decent games in it. unless ur complaint is that not all 6 games have been incredible every month
you said you'd rather have solid indie games and i just said you're more likely to get a Whoa Dave than a Rocket League.

to be fair that's a little cruel, it's probably less than half of the indie games that are stinkers (depending how you define indie) but there's very frequently some real duds that would be a better slot for even a mediocre game :shrug:

not like it matters, I would keep buying Plus anyway

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
they should give out real, solid, disc based games because we the consumers demand it. they're just setting themselves up to be the next microsoft in the next hardware cycle because sony execs are myopic idiots

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CrashCat posted:

you said you'd rather have solid indie games and i just said you're more likely to get a Whoa Dave than a Rocket League.

to be fair that's a little cruel, it's probably less than half of the indie games that are stinkers (depending how you define indie) but there's very frequently some real duds that would be a better slot for even a mediocre game :shrug:

not like it matters, I would keep buying Plus anyway

youre more likely to get rocket league and woah dave

Yoya posted:

they should give out real, solid, disc based games because we the consumers demand it. they're just setting themselves up to be the next microsoft in the next hardware cycle because sony execs are myopic idiots

ps+ on ps3 didnt give out any retail games until 4 years after the consoles release (cos it didnt exist). the vita got them within the first year because it was DOA and they needed to give it a boost. the ps4 is the fastest selling console ever and destroying this gen. there has never been any reason to expect retail ps4 titles until a while after launch unless the console cratered.

I Would Still Prefer These Games To lovely Retail Launch Titles Thanks.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Why would anyone want knack

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Because it's a game that originally cost $60 instead of a game that originally cost $15-20 I guess.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
what if games better than knack existed and they give those out. these are some I could come up with that are lovely or old enough to be freebies instead of tower of guns or whoa dave, if sony gave half a gently caress:

USF IV
Dark souls 2
Rayman whatever it was
Wolfenstein
FFX
Xrd sign base game
second son
borderlands collection
one of the dozens of ubisoft open world games, although i wouldnt even wish this on my enemies
god of war 3 wow this got really dire
uhhh saints row i guess
DMC ugh

... and many other half assed remasters and half baked ps4 titles that have defined this generation. not that these games are good, but theres actually an audience for them instead of the maybe 17 people who played aaru's awakening.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i don't want knack, i want good games. idk why this thread thinks that not wanting the random garbage they give out always equals wanting lovely retail games. something like crypt of the necrodancer would have made me happy too

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

i don't want knack, i want good games. idk why this thread thinks that not wanting the random garbage they give out always equals wanting lovely retail games. something like crypt of the necrodancer would have made me happy too

It would have enraged all the people that just bought it seeing as it's less than a month old though.

Also it's not like Broforce and Galak-z are badly regarded bottom of the pile indie games.

I dunno whenever this comes up people talk like Sony just doesn't bother asking or whatever and not that getting a publisher to give away a game for free on a service that most of the people that own the system have is pretty much saying "I think this will make less in total sales in the next year or so than whatever amount Sony is offering". Most would rather just put it on Sale.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Yoya posted:

what if games better than knack existed and they give those out. these are some I could come up with that are lovely or old enough to be freebies instead of tower of guns or whoa dave, if sony gave half a gently caress:

USF IV
Dark souls 2
Rayman whatever it was
Wolfenstein
FFX
Xrd sign base game
second son
borderlands collection
one of the dozens of ubisoft open world games, although i wouldnt even wish this on my enemies
god of war 3 wow this got really dire
uhhh saints row i guess
DMC ugh

... and many other half assed remasters and half baked ps4 titles that have defined this generation. not that these games are good, but theres actually an audience for them instead of the maybe 17 people who played aaru's awakening.

I'd be really happy if the gave The Last of Us: Remastered as a PS+ title. It's getting to be cheap is you want a key, which go for $10-$15 online now if you look. They still sell regularly for $20-$30. I'd buy the game but I have a feeling it will be a PS+ game one day.

Billy Elliot fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 28, 2016

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
On the upside Sony is making it really easy to say "I'll wait one more month" over and over again when it comes to resubbing to PS+. Mine expired around Black Friday and I can't say I miss it any.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

As someone who has beaten Knack, please do not play Knack.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BGrifter posted:

On the upside Sony is making it really easy to say "I'll wait one more month" over and over again when it comes to resubbing to PS+. Mine expired around Black Friday and I can't say I miss it any.

ps3 owner? not much choice on ps4 unless you're an uncool non friend haver

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Yoya posted:

the maybe 17 people who played aaru's awakening.

i don't think that many people played that game

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Real hurthling! posted:

ps3 owner? not much choice on ps4 unless you're an uncool non friend haver

Nah, just playing online games on my PC instead for a while and doing other things like going to the pub with friends. The PS4 sits there collecting dust till I snag something new to play/a PS+ lineup appeals to me enough to resub.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Davincie posted:

except every month has solid indie offerings. there hasn't existed a month with nothing good in it. like ur gonna complain about galak-z and broforce idgi

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey Yech I got a question and I think I've seen you dig up similar things before. Can you check to see if Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours is cross buy? Because Sony's web store says it's PS4/Vita cross buy when I've never heard of it being so.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Policenaut posted:

Hey Yech I got a question and I think I've seen you dig up similar things before. Can you check to see if Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours is cross buy? Because Sony's web store says it's PS4/Vita cross buy when I've never heard of it being so.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765363&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post456552192

:(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

It's not, I have the PS4 version but it still wants me to buy the Vita one.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

God damnit

I guess it's not like anyone could argue that he wasn't too good for this forum,

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'll never forget the time someone asked him something and then proceed to reply in gratitude with a three panel photography comic of drinking juice with a mask on and then raising a "Thanks Yechezkel" card. And then Yechezkel replied in kind with his own orange juice, mask, and "No problem" card. Glorious.

e: I actually saved the first image, now I'm kicking myself for not saving the reply

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 28, 2016

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Speaking of "this place sucks," it does seem like there are a lot fewer posts all over the place.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

BGrifter posted:

Nah, just playing online games on my PC instead for a while and doing other things like going to the pub with friends. The PS4 sits there collecting dust till I snag something new to play/a PS+ lineup appeals to me enough to resub.

You're missing out with Helldivers.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Pouring a forty

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Billy Elliot posted:

You're missing out with Helldivers.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/394510/

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

axleblaze posted:

God damnit

I guess it's not like anyone could argue that he wasn't too good for this forum,

Indeed. If you're reading this Yez, happy trails!

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Shiiiit. He was the best of us.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Who will be bored enough at work to copy paste the ps blog drop posts for all regions now ?? :negative:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I don't see what the problem is with wanting better from PS+ and I say this as someone who hasn't minded what they've released so far. As it is right now it's just Indie Game Subscription. It's not one thing or the other. It's not either Indie games or lovely launch titles. There should be a mix between retail and indie though, and that's certainly not the case. Right now, once my sub is up I can't think of a reason to continue it.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
To be honest, as a vita user i don't even stay subscribed for the games, but for the savegame backups. The games are just a little extra.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

DrVenkman posted:

I don't see what the problem is with wanting better from PS+ and I say this as someone who hasn't minded what they've released so far. As it is right now it's just Indie Game Subscription. It's not one thing or the other. It's not either Indie games or lovely launch titles. There should be a mix between retail and indie though, and that's certainly not the case. Right now, once my sub is up I can't think of a reason to continue it.

The problem is it's the least interesting possible poo poo to read and there's absolutely no discussion to take place about it. Nobody cares if some other person doesn't want to subscribe to ps+ or what it will take to get them to, unless that person explicitly works for Sony on ps+ new subscriptions and retention rates.

I think everybody wants good games, and I doubt a single person has ever said "whoa this random goon is happy they didn't resubscribe to ps+? poo poo I am glad I found out!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

DrVenkman posted:

There's nothing wrong with wanting it to be better but every month it's the same parade of people acting like a lineup of decent indie games is a personal slap in the face and acting like Sony are just deliberately holding back the good games. It just gets tiresome.

• Locked thread