Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wagrid posted:

I've always liked to think those finales take place during the same Dark Council meeting. I have no reasoning for this beyond it being a funny mental image.

More funny because the SI joins the Dark Council as a result of the fight, while the SW just gets a "go gently caress things up" card as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Now that Operatives have exfiltrate time to travel to node is non existant.

Exfiltrate still uses a GCD so standing 30m away will make an Op spend at least 3 seconds activating Exfiltrate. Against a good Op that gives you 1-2 GCDs to react which is all you should need. The exception is PT who should stand right on the node if you have Shoulder Cannon up. Remember don't use your CC break on a sap (you should never break a sap period unless white barred anyways) unless the Op or Sin actually starts capping and you won't make it in time.

Then once that's done where a lot of node guards mess up is trying to 1-on-1 a capper instead of calling for help and using delaying tactics.

Also when I don't trust our node guard I always keep them as my focus target so I can immediately see the sap debuff and know they need help.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Then once that's done where a lot of node guards mess up is trying to 1-on-1 a capper instead of calling for help and using delaying tactics.

When I'm involved, there is no difference between "1-on-1" and "delaying tactics". :)

(Because I'm going to lose, you see.)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Exfiltrate still uses a GCD so standing 30m away will make an Op spend at least 3 seconds activating Exfiltrate. Against a good Op that gives you 1-2 GCDs to react which is all you should need. The exception is PT who should stand right on the node if you have Shoulder Cannon up. Remember don't use your CC break on a sap (you should never break a sap period unless white barred anyways) unless the Op or Sin actually starts capping and you won't make it in time.

Also when I don't trust our node guard I always keep them as my focus target so I can immediately see the sap debuff and know they need help.

Shoulder cannon be used while sapped? I know it can be used while stunned, didn't know sap counted as a stun for that. Nice.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Wagrid posted:

I've always liked to think those finales take place during the same Dark Council meeting. I have no reasoning for this beyond it being a funny mental image.
You'll be pleased to know that the general consensus was that they do and that the Warrior has literally just left when the Inquisitor comes in and interrupts Thanaton's appeal to the council that he starts after Baras is no longer in the way by pretending to be the voice of the Emperor.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Mercurius posted:

You'll be pleased to know that the general consensus was that they do and that the Warrior has literally just left when the Inquisitor comes in and interrupts Thanaton's appeal to the council that he starts after Baras is no longer in the way by pretending to be the voice of the Emperor.

It's even better since according to the entirely useless Legacy Family Tree, my Warrior and Inquisitor are brothers.

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 26, 2016

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.
This makes me curious since I stopped playing my Juggernaut after finishing the class story: how do they get around the whole Emperor's Wrath thing, considering the Empire stops acknowledging the Emperor as their overlord at the end of Makeb?

Wagrid fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 26, 2016

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Not everyone believes that, and in Shadow of Revan, even, they get in to that pretty heavily.

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Yeah, but your main contact within the Empire, Marr is leading that particular charge and he surely brings it up, right? When I played through that content on my Sorcerer he had loads of class specific lines.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Wagrid posted:

Yeah, but your main contact within the Empire, Marr is leading that particular charge and he surely brings it up, right? When I played through that content on my Sorcerer he had loads of class specific lines.

Here. Skip to 13:30 or so.

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Here. Skip to 13:30 or so.

Thank you. Man, Darth Marr is the best.

Also, this was in up next and I dare not watch it.

Wagrid fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 26, 2016

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

To any SWTOR devs reading this thread: Make playing pretty princess part of conquest. TIA

We'd be an unstoppable force of fashion with a fully unlocked space-harem guild ship in no time.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Also we need a playable Kowakian Monkey-Lizard race

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FYI if you have toons you don't have decent relics on but don't want to spend big money, the new craftable 208 ones sell for under 50k.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Why is it that I did a couple random flashpoints including one for the daily reward(all FPs selected) and I didn't get any conquest points for it?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

The agent story is funny already. Lightside points for boning Gratham's daughter to get information. Haha..

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The Locator posted:

The agent story is funny already. Lightside points for boning Gratham's daughter to get information. Haha..

Make love not war

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Wagrid posted:

I've always thought about it that way. I mean, they don't hold meetings often, right? Especially in a such a time of war with Corellia and all.

Actually, thinking about it, it would pretty much have to be. With what Mercurious was saying, Thanaton is there. But before that, he's physically at Corellia with the Inquisitor.

So it would go something like this

Inquisitor on Corellia > Thanaton flees back to Korriban.
Warrior on Corellia > Warrior and Vowrawn return to Korriban.
Inquisitor follows Thanaton back to Korriban and you could joke that they walk past the Warrior on their way out.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Bob NewSCART posted:

Why is it that I did a couple random flashpoints including one for the daily reward(all FPs selected) and I didn't get any conquest points for it?

You can only earn points if you are eligible for the daily reward (i.e. one a day) but as it's repeatable it won't flag as complete in the conquest pane. You should have received the points for that daily reward one though.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

So I'm not eligible for any of those things apparently, because while the thing says I'm eligible for the daily reward, there is no actual reward showing. This is on all my characters.

Another thing: it used to be that if my companion popped out (when exiting a mount) he/she would activate my class buff but that is no longer the case.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Alter Ego posted:

We could, but we'd have less time for pretty princess dressup, and you know how that is...

Pretty princess dressup is a lot more fun than endgame loot treadmill, whether in this game or elsewhere.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

mastajake posted:

So I'm not eligible for any of those things apparently, because while the thing says I'm eligible for the daily reward, there is no actual reward showing. This is on all my characters.

Another thing: it used to be that if my companion popped out (when exiting a mount) he/she would activate my class buff but that is no longer the case.

This is bugged at the moment. You can't get daily rewards from group finder. Group PvE content is basically a no-go area until 4.3 in a few months.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

This is bugged at the moment. You can't get daily rewards from group finder. Group PvE content is basically a no-go area until 4.3 in a few months.

It's gotta be only for a few flashpoints because I did it a couple times and got credit for it for conquest. Don't think it the daily rewards but eh

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

It's gotta be only for a few flashpoints because I did it a couple times and got credit for it for conquest. Don't think it the daily rewards but eh

It seems to only be ok when there's a specific FP listed in conquest, not when it's the generic "run group finder - any FP".

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Palladium posted:

Pretty princess dressup is a lot more fun than endgame loot treadmill, whether in this game or elsewhere.

I agree with this...

Kind of a tangent, but I felt like this more than anything else killed Elder Scrolls Online for me. Character customization sucks in that game. On the surface it seems like you get a ton of options, but you get a ton of extremely similar options. You get a dizzying number of sliders in character creation that just churn out weak variations on the same weird pinched face, and a dizzying number of pieces of armor that look pretty much identical. I saw later they added a "costume" slot where you can put on a pre-built outfit, but where's the fun in that?

This is an area where SWTOR really shines. You can make some really crazy-looking characters and outfits in this game. It never gets old!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Assassin assessment assistance

Hakarne posted:

Assassin assessment assistance

Thanks!

That was exactly the kind of information i was looking for and was hoping someone would say.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Maaaaan gently caress this game and their stupid bullshit gamble packs. What's the point of whaling hard if it's just throwing loving money down the toilet for no results. :argh:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Catsworth posted:

What's the point of whaling hard

Catsworth posted:

throwing loving money down the toilet

Answered your own question there honestly

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I'm getting rewards on one character but not another. Is there any conceivable reason for this?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

BrianWilly posted:

I'm getting rewards on one character but not another. Is there any conceivable reason for this?

Bioware

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
Do the crafted war supplies have any purpose beyond completing the associated Conquest crafting objectives?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Way to go, Bioware--all of a sudden the class quests on my BH have stopped giving me XP.

I suddenly feel a powerful urge to write an angry post on the SWTOR forums.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jan posted:

Do the crafted war supplies have any purpose beyond completing the associated Conquest crafting objectives?

Nope, other than for crafting Dark Matter Projects which are used to buy Starship decorations

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Alter Ego posted:

Way to go, Bioware--all of a sudden the class quests on my BH have stopped giving me XP.

I suddenly feel a powerful urge to write an angry post on the SWTOR forums.

Put in a support ticket. I had a much less urgent issue on my BH and had it fixed within a week, plus I got some free cartel coins for my trouble.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Welp, went a resubbed for the first time in years, and played a few classes through Corellia. And then thought to check where the goon spergs are playing.

Not on my server.

If I transfer my dudes to Jedi Covenant, will that unlock the same poo poo I had in my legacy on the old server?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Zelmel posted:

Put in a support ticket. I had a much less urgent issue on my BH and had it fixed within a week, plus I got some free cartel coins for my trouble.

Yeah, support just refunded the mats I lost when I tried to disassemble half a stack of components using the slider instead of just splitting the stack up first. That one did take them awhile (I think it happened a month or so ago), but it was a pretty minor issue that I wasn't expecting a response on to begin with, I was just making sure they knew about the bug, so the fact that they eventually mailed me my materials back was cool.

rizzen posted:

Welp, went a resubbed for the first time in years, and played a few classes through Corellia. And then thought to check where the goon spergs are playing.

Not on my server.

If I transfer my dudes to Jedi Covenant, will that unlock the same poo poo I had in my legacy on the old server?

Yep, your legacy carries over (if there are two then I think it takes the highest one).

Medullah posted:

Yep, and you can transfer one toon for free by clicking a referral link (conveniently one mine is in the OP!).

Crindee fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 28, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

rizzen posted:

Not on my server.

Yep, and you can transfer one toon for free by clicking a referral link (conveniently one is in the OP!).

Legacies merge when you transfer so any unlocks you bought carry over.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Medullah posted:

Yep, and you can transfer one toon for free by clicking a referral link (conveniently one is in the OP!).

Legacies merge when you transfer so any unlocks you bought carry over.

Excellent. The 90 spacebux price after the first character is much lower than I remember it to be as well.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

rizzen posted:

Excellent. The 90 spacebux price after the first character is much lower than I remember it to be as well.

Yeah that's the sale price, but it's been the sale price for like 6 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
So who won the Unstable Glowstick contest?

I've been too busy making junk to check.

• Locked thread