Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Bebop is a cool guy with coherent opinions. He likes fgs a lot, so playing the newest one for many hours on end, even if he hates it, isn't really unusual. New FGs are always fun for a while, even if you're just a training mode monster, no matter how bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phaelog
Jun 27, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I don't know what I expected since FG threads here have turned into a huge scrub hugbox but people who play fighting games generally have opinions on them past "have fun is good." Almost every fighting game inherently has something I find fun about it, and I can enjoy myself momentarily playing the biggest piece of poo poo games if I'm learning something new and applying it against another person. I can enjoy a game overall and also poo poo on it for the things I don't like about it because those are the things that will eventually keep me from playing it long-term.

I think it's weirder to post a screenshot of my steam profile because I posted a joke vid in reply to a post designed to elicit such a response.

That is wierd. That is because you're a myopic wierdo.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if we didn't play games we thought were bad nobody would play marvel

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Pomp posted:

Nobody plays marvel though :confused:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
that is not dead which can eternal lie

cams
Mar 28, 2003

marvel is dead. long live marvel.

i really don't care for this non-sfv talk, though. it is a real bummer that pr balrog will not be attending a ton of majors this year. he has the best vega, necalli, and laura that i have seen. his laura is an education.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Pomp posted:

if we didn't play games we thought were bad nobody would play sf4

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Jmcrofts posted:

His stick is definitely messing up

I noticed this today playing local. I think the legacy controller implementation is screwy. My stick would randomly stop holding down back as well. I was noticing it in online matches but thought it must be lag or something.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
I don't see the disconnect here. Bad and not fun aren't mutually exclusive as you can still derive enjoyment out of a game despite having misgivings about its direction and mechanics. Although "BUT WELL ITS FUN!!" is not invalid, it is shallow criticism.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Phaelog posted:

That is wierd. That is because you're a myopic wierdo.

Omg get out

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Carew posted:

I don't see the disconnect here. Bad and not fun aren't mutually exclusive as you can still derive enjoyment out of a game despite having misgivings about its direction and mechanics. Although "BUT WELL ITS FUN!!" is not invalid, it is shallow criticism.

Well sure okay playing stuff like bad rats or two worlds can be "so bad it's good" entertainment, where the jankyness or buggyness or insanely bad voice acting or whatever are their own forms of entertainment but sitting there seriously learning about frame data and matchups and strings for individual characters and practicing for hours on end for a game you don't even find fun in any way? Unless you're hardcore FGC and money is on the line, nah that's brokebrains. I'm not judgin' I'm just saiyan.

Also I'm glad i got caught up in the winter brawl hype because I'm having so much fun i don't wanna go to sleep even though picking up anyone other than ryu is gonna take me the aforementioned hours. Not that i can even link anything out of ->HK LK ugh such scrub tier right now. Thanks capcom for letting ryu be such a fundamentals beast.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I found a Hori Fighting Commander 4 at a local electronics shop for like 3500 yen(~32USD) and picked it up. Now I have one less excuse to be as bad at this game as I am. I saw the advice on Zangief and appreciate the input. Maybe I will give Chun Li or someone a go as a learning character. I can pull off all of her special moves pretty easily. She just seems to be really fragile when it comes to taking damage. I don't know if different characters take more damage or not but once she starts getting hit, it seems more difficult for me to recovery from than with someone like Zangief.

That probably sounds dumb but I really don't know anything about fighting games. It seems fun enough though and even though I am losing constantly it still feels rewarding to get one or two moves off a match.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I read the Simone issues of Deadpool and also Agent X, I would've posted Outlaw or something instead of that guy, mix it up a bit

Laura would beat up Skull head guy.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Heavy Metal posted:

I read the Simone issues of Deadpool and also Agent X, I would've posted Outlaw or something instead of that guy, mix it up a bit

Laura would beat up Skull head guy.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

You need to get on that SFV like that mustard is getting on whatever Pool is eating there,

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I found a Hori Fighting Commander 4 at a local electronics shop for like 3500 yen(~32USD) and picked it up. Now I have one less excuse to be as bad at this game as I am. I saw the advice on Zangief and appreciate the input. Maybe I will give Chun Li or someone a go as a learning character. I can pull off all of her special moves pretty easily. She just seems to be really fragile when it comes to taking damage. I don't know if different characters take more damage or not but once she starts getting hit, it seems more difficult for me to recovery from than with someone like Zangief.

That probably sounds dumb but I really don't know anything about fighting games. It seems fun enough though and even though I am losing constantly it still feels rewarding to get one or two moves off a match.

Yes characters have different health totals. So it is indeed easier for Zangief to soak up some damage to do what he wants.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Are you all seriously surprised that Bebop it's playing a game he thinks is poo poo while uploading tech for it like mad, he does this with like every game including Yatagarasu and MKX

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Are you all seriously surprised that Bebop it's playing a game he thinks is poo poo while uploading tech for it like mad, he does this with like every game including Yatagarasu and MKX

bring on the bebop kumite for posting rights

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

SFV solo tourney for CPT ranking points at Cannes Winter Clash is starting soon http://www.twitch.tv/gameline

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I don't know what I expected since FG threads here have turned into a huge scrub hugbox but people who play fighting games generally have opinions on them past "have fun is good." Almost every fighting game inherently has something I find fun about it, and I can enjoy myself momentarily playing the biggest piece of poo poo games if I'm learning something new and applying it against another person. I can enjoy a game overall and also poo poo on it for the things I don't like about it because those are the things that will eventually keep me from playing it long-term.

I think it's weirder to post a screenshot of my steam profile because I posted a joke vid in reply to a post designed to elicit such a response.

The people in this thread are horrible

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Pomp posted:

marvel is good, actually

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Golem II posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia1KAi01IfQ

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Golem II posted:

I agree

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Can't make lobbies anymore, battle lounge in general seems to be broken, thanks for rushing your game Capcom.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Golem II posted:

The people in this thread are great and I love every one of you!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Cool, I can't get any matchmaking this morning. Sat in "waiting for opponent" for like 15 minutes and gave up :v:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

It's highly unlikely I would every be matched up with anyone outside of Japan because of my lovely ping back to the US right? I imagine fighting games are pretty sensitive to connection speeds.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

It's highly unlikely I would every be matched up with anyone outside of Japan because of my lovely ping back to the US right? I imagine fighting games are pretty sensitive to connection speeds.

As long as you make sure to set your connection rating before queuing, yeah.

If you keep it as "any" you could get matched with anyone anywhere in the world

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Yeah, I tell mine to filter on quality 4-5, and my mileage varies a lot. Sometimes I get a match within a minute, sometimes I just never get a match and give up.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Combofiend is nice in person too

Most of the people I met were nice to talk to

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

ZenVulgarity posted:

Combofiend is nice in person too

Most of the people I met were nice to talk to

I walked past Mike Ross one time at CEO and he nodded at me like I had earned his respect walking past him to get to the ATM.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Agoat posted:

I walked past Mike Ross one time at CEO and he nodded at me like I had earned his respect walking past him to get to the ATM.

He knows you're gonna lose that money betting on him and he appreciates it

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Agoat posted:

He respects that someone in the FGC has enough money to use an ATM.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Anyone interested in an SA SFV tournament?

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

AnonSpore posted:

I have MKX and Injustice on my rap sheet; I make no apologies for myself

Golem II posted:

at fighting games? definitely

Beautiful Ninja posted:

He respects that someone in the FGC has enough money to use an ATM.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Snake eyez on verge of tears talking about how everyone abandoned Gief :smith:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

What a coincidence! I just uploaded pt2 of my footsies series, and it's about shimmying!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhlN-d6rN-A

This is cool and good.

If you're open to requests, it'd be awesome if you could do a tutorial video on pressuring knocked down opponents. I know the "how to punish wakeup DP" video covered some options, but it'd be nice to see a more in-depth video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Flinger posted:

Snake eyez on verge of tears talking about how everyone abandoned Gief :smith:

What? Where?