Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

the context is that there are rich people and poor people and no one in between

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
litigation wars XX:samsung strikes back

quote:

SAN FRANCISCO: A US appeals court on Friday handed Samsung a win over Apple in a long-running patent fight, overriding a jury verdict ordering it to pay $119.6 million to the iPhone maker.

hire more lawyers next time timb, your team is slipping up

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Smythe posted:

Actually guys, it's just as easy to have your friends send you their tracks beforehand and just throw them into QLab. Hell, hook some dmx into your Mac and feed it to some led pars with some some python interpreting Nullsoft Winamp's Milkdrop. Just as simple as plugging into the headphone hole.

i love milkdrop, sounds gud 2 me

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Sudo Echo posted:

i love milkdrop, sounds gud 2 me

milkdrop owns, i've got the thing that lets it run in foobar, for nostalgia

CraigK fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Feb 27, 2016

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
it would be a cool script actually to have some python interpret milkdrop and spit it out to lxconsole to do your pars or whatever. that would be sick as hell. monoprice actually sells some lights on gimbals that you can just feed music into and they do rave lights or whatever in sync with the music all by themselves. thats cool in my book

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Smythe posted:

it would be a cool script actually to have some python interpret milkdrop and spit it out to lxconsole to do your pars or whatever. that would be sick as hell. monoprice actually sells some lights on gimbals that you can just feed music into and they do rave lights or whatever in sync with the music all by themselves. thats cool in my book

when i was in high school i got to play with a sweet as heck high end systems lighting system because someone's dad owned the company and donated new lghts to the high school every couple years, it was very cool

at the time i think the cyberlight was their main product

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY1OA92Lm9I

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i think thats a later one that has spinning gobos, i don't remember ours having spinning gobos.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

kwinkles posted:

when i was in high school i got to play with a sweet as heck high end systems lighting system because someone's dad owned the company and donated new lghts to the high school every couple years, it was very cool

at the time i think the cyberlight was their main product

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY1OA92Lm9I

this is so sick

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
looks like they are still doing it with new lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NtzcwC3k1U

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

kwinkles posted:

looks like they are still doing it with new lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NtzcwC3k1U

lmao look at this fuckin theatre and their gear. christ almighty.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
look the vl

(this vid has cool command and conquer music)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeEkLHayHxA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w3N8QQhmAU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Smythe posted:

lmao look at this fuckin theatre and their gear. christ almighty.

thats actually not even the silliest part of the theater, the house is actually 3 rooms and there are two sections that rotate so that you can have all the seats in one house facing the main stage, or you can rotate the nosebleed sections on either side in the back of the house to make two smaller stages facing the opposite direction. not just rotating the chairs, the whole room is motorized and rotates around.

those round parterres each have 200 seats and can spin around and put a wall between them and the main house, so they face other small stages.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

someday i will put these in my kitchen, they can be hooked up to a motion tracking system to light whatever part of the counter you are looking at, and it will be sick as heck.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

kwinkles posted:

thats actually not even the silliest part of the theater, the house is actually 3 rooms and there are two sections that rotate so that you can have all the seats in one house facing the main stage, or you can rotate the nosebleed sections on either side in the back of the house to make two smaller stages facing the opposite direction. not just rotating the chairs, the whole room is motorized and rotates around.

those round parterres each have 200 seats and can spin around and put a wall between them and the main house, so they face other small stages.

wow!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
huh i just looked up the lights they have now and they're like 10 grand each used if you buy the version from 2008 gently caress i won't be able to get them for my kitchen until like 2050.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
they have one with like 6k lumens that outputs 1080p video and will warp it to project on any 3d surface, i am getting one of those used instead of a loving smart tv with ads on the volume control next time i buy a tv.

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Feb 27, 2016

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

kwinkles posted:

:pwn:

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana
nice apple thread u spergs

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

THC posted:

i got nice in ears and I honestly like using them more than my $500 sennheiser cans. but they do get tiring after a while and I wanna yank them out. then the rubber piece pops off and stays lodged in my ear hole

kwinkles posted:

you can get a nice-ish in ear pair of headphones for like 30 bucks. i buy a couple sets of the same ones each year because i wear them while i run and eventually i short them out with all my gross sweat and ear wax or wear out some part of the cables the cables.

if it has to have a lightning connector i know its gonna go up to $100 a pair for a moderately nice set of in ear earbuds

i hate in ears and was ususuing them brgrudgingly the whole time until tim released the glory that is earpods. now i will never use anything else in the form factor.

thanks tim.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
earpods don't fit in my ears and probably wouldn't unless I let wax buildup for like a decade or something

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ur inserting them wrong

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana
unlike youre mum

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Stux posted:

ur inserting them wrong

there are no wrong ways to insert, only wrong was to receive

-- anal dawg

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

kwinkles posted:

jesus

meanwhile the brown school district in the next town over probably doesn't even have enough textbooks for every student

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

THC posted:

use bluetooth for audio obviously

actually you would use AirPlay

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
I can't wait for apple to remove the lightning connector too

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

mishaq posted:

jesus

meanwhile the brown school district in the next town over probably doesn't even have enough textbooks for every student

my high school was some country bullshit and had something similar, this specifically apparently

http://www.macton.com/turntables/divisible-auditoriums.htm

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

I bought a non-smart Vizio TV and a new Apple TV

seems good to me

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Blue Train posted:

my high school was some country bullshit and had something similar, this specifically apparently

http://www.macton.com/turntables/divisible-auditoriums.htm

yeah it's good for schools because they can use it as 3 lecture halls or 3 stages for simultaneous rehearsals and things during the day

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

the new Apple TV is buggy as poo poo the remote sucks the onscreen keyboard..... someone should be disemboweled honestly

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

AWWNAW posted:

the new Apple TV is buggy as poo poo the remote sucks the onscreen keyboard..... someone should be disemboweled honestly

sorry, steve's dead and timb's a pussy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
nice word filter there^^^^

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
xbone timb sharktank

e: cuck

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cuckservative

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Larry Parrish posted:

cuckservative

no way was "cuckservative" used often enough to warrant that word filter.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Wheany posted:

no way was "cuckservative" used often enough to warrant that word filter.

I see you don't venture into politics threads much then

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

uncurable mlady posted:

the world is berning

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
wait why is shark tank filtered

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

A Pinball Wizard posted:

wait why is shark tank filtered

So they don't get sick from the debris??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

uncurable mlady posted:

oh boy, well now i definitely want to

• Locked thread