Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Electric Phantasm posted:

quote:

Salt Sanctuary
It mentions it though and is tagged PS Vita. Although they could have updated it when I checked on it.
Mind, i still don't trust them until they make clear statements (how many months later, why later), given what a clusterfuck the Dragon Fin Soup situation has been. There's still all likelihood that they find out that their engine doesn't port trivially to Vita and go "eh, oh well". Or that they're working through a third party who just doesn't give a gently caress, leaving them unable to do anything.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ciaphas posted:

Huh, that was it indeed, the PS4 was interfering. Which doesn't make any sense, since the left stick and PS button were still clearly working on the PSTV, but unplugging the PS4 made the problems stop.

Thanks? :confuoot:
Tech motto: When it shouldn't work, do it anyway and it does

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
That's a shame, looked pretty interesting.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

the truth posted:

Steins;Gate is some good poo poo. Can't wait to see how crazy things get in the last few chapters.

Just completed Platinum on Steins;Gate.
Two of them are a little more tricky than they need to be, but overall they are worth the experience.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

CrashCat posted:

Tech motto: When it shouldn't work, do it anyway and it does

You'd think being a programmer for my job I'd have learned this a long goddamn time ago, yeah

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Retcon posted:

I didn't realize I was on Suzuha's ending route until the end of that route and I kept thinking "this is some heavy stuff, how the hell can the story go on after this?".

I got that one last night. Yikes. poo poo got very real very quickly in the chapter leading up to it. I have an idea of what the rest of the game will be like (I like how relatively predictable things were in the first half of the game because it allowed a lot character development), but I'm looking forward to seeing how stuff gets ?resolved. The writing is also pretty good (and there is a LOT of it - it's a long game). The only anime I ever watched was DBZ almost 20 years ago, and I usually find over the top hyper-anime/otaku bullshit grating and distracting, but I'm still hooked. Most of the characters are surprisingly well-rounded, and even the female friend with the annoying voice in the prologue grew on me.

ayukawa posted:

Just completed Platinum on Steins;Gate.
Two of them are a little more tricky than they need to be, but overall they are worth the experience.

Looking forward to it. I think the text skipping feature should make replaying old chapters a breeze.

the truth fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 27, 2016

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i like the Suzuha route a lot because it's not something i ever saw explored in a time travel story, or considered myself.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I am happy to hear that you never considered ummmm.... any of that stuff :negative:.

Overall the game has several really interesting takes on time travel.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

obviously i meant the general idea of losing concern for loved ones and having no concept of consequence for your actions, not the specific implementation. don't make this weirder than it has to be.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

It was a joke. Sorry

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it's cool we are friends here

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So after I finally beat Persona 4: Golden, I've started Ys: MoC. So far it is good. It doesn't seem as it will be as good as say Origin, but it definitely feels more traditional and seems like how I imagined the series would play the first time I've heard about it. Exploration focused, overworld, quests, and party based.

I will miss me "ultimate action-RPG dungeon crawler" games though. But then again, Falcom probably realized they couldn't top Origin so...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

punk rebel ecks posted:

But then again, Falcom probably realized they couldn't top Origin so...

Which is odd, when you think about it, because Felghana was better than Origin.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Lots of Ys games are better than Origin

Does anybody actually like playing as Hugo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I didn't hate it but he made it a bit easy. Yunica more than makes up for it though.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Which is odd, when you think about it, because Felghana was better than Origin.

Nah.

voltcatfish posted:

Lots of Ys games are better than Origin

Does anybody actually like playing as Hugo

He was alright after playing with the superior Yunica and Toal.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
felghana and origin are both awesome, though i feel like the first half of felghana kinda loses out when it comes to boss design cause it doesn't have anything quite as impressive or fun until the second half

i think nayuta no kiseki is actually kinda better than both of them though, tbh, all it really needs is a comparable framerate

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 27, 2016

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Origin and Felghana are both extremely good. I prefer Origin though, because Toal is such a great character to play as. Haven't actually played Origin as Yunica or Hugo in a long time.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What is and how good is this Aegis of Earth game that is coming out soon? Base has it for £20 which is the cheapest price in Europe so far.

Also, I'm finally playing Trails of Cold Steel. So far Towa is best girl.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

From videos on YT it looks like some sort of mix between a city builder and a tower defence game? It look odd anyway, and not the good kind.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
They're discontinuing the Vita TV.

https://t.co/0pV1uqgXGz

I still mostly use mine over my Vita itself so i hope this doesn't lead people to dropping support entirely.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Megalixir posted:

*lone violin plays*

Today we mourn the misguided younger brother of our already abandoned Sony Playstation Vita game handheld console. May it rest in peace.

Sakurazuka posted:

From videos on YT it looks like some sort of mix between a city builder and a tower defence game? It look odd anyway, and not the good kind.

That sounds like a throwaway digital game. Weird that it's getting a retail release.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Megalixir posted:

I still mostly use mine over my Vita itself so i hope this doesn't lead people to dropping support entirely.

If the Japanese developers no longer are required to support it, they'll probably drop it fast and start doing games using the touch panels again. What a great day for titty games.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Dehry posted:

If the Japanese developers no longer are required to support it, they'll probably drop it fast and start doing games using the touch panels again. What a great day for titty games.

Monster Monpiece works fine on the Vita TV though, according to GameFaqs and Youtube.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Monster Monpiece works fine on the Vita TV though

But what would be the point, Mithaldu, what would be the point?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mithaldu posted:

Monster Monpiece works fine on the Vita TV though, according to GameFaqs and Youtube.

But apparently only in the English release, I think.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Takoluka posted:

But apparently only in the English release, I think.

They know that only the west doesn't value portability and must have consoles hooked up to a tv.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Megalixir posted:

if sony isn't making them anymore, people aren't gonna make their games work on it either

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think for the next year Vita TV compatibility won't be a problem, and more the localization companies just skipping the Vita altogether will be the issue. There's always that year lag due to various issues and last year's stuff in Japan had a PS4 version as well.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
RIP my vita TV that I got for 50 bucks in a bundle (and most of it was for the memory card), the legend will never die.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I can't believe the vita (tv) is loving dead

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Ruggington posted:

I can't believe the vita (tv) is loving dead

Has it ever been alive? It was a proof of concept that came out when Ouya was still making the news and several other Android competitors were rumoured to be deployed (Nvidia and MadCatz had their own).

If anything when someone from venturebeat will write "mobiles will crush consoles" you can point "if It's automobiles on the highway then ok because there is no market for ultracheap devices" (and Ouya and PSTV failures remind us of C16 and the Sinclair going against the C64).

I seriously doubt it made Sony money but I doubt it cost them a lot since basically It's a vita without the pricey parts and selling you more memcards and joypads.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

limaCAT posted:

Has it ever been alive? It was a proof of concept that came out when Ouya was still making the news and several other Android competitors were rumoured to be deployed (Nvidia and MadCatz had their own).

If anything when someone from venturebeat will write "mobiles will crush consoles" you can point "if It's automobiles on the highway then ok because there is no market for ultracheap devices" (and Ouya and PSTV failures remind us of C16 and the Sinclair going against the C64).

I seriously doubt it made Sony money but I doubt it cost them a lot since basically It's a vita without the pricey parts and selling you more memcards and joypads.

Regardless of everything stacked against it (and I don't think it's a awful idea in theory), the thing was never going to succeed the way it was actually implemented. And it deserved to fail. 720p output, anaemic app support, and the real killer, a large chunk of the Vita library being incompatible (and what worked and didn't not being as transparent as it should've been).

I think it's a shame. Any 2 of those fixed and I probably would've picked one up.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
This will probably seem like a no-brainer... but I'd rather ask and seem foolish than not ask and regret it.

The 3G version of the Vita is the same as the Wi-Fi version, right? It just has a 3G cell radio added to it, and everything works identically otherwise?

I'm considering picking up a Vita for Remote Play, and I just want to make sure it's okay to get a 3G model, since there are some relatively cheap ones around here on Craigslist.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I wonder if the 3G Vita would work with a Project Fi data SIM, despite being an AT&T thing.

e: A little research shows I can get an unlock SIM, so yes, that is a thing, apparently!

Takoluka fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 29, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
3Gs are the launch models, which were the first thing Sony and AT&T dumped. The features aren't really useful at this point since online games or downloading from the store over 3G never worked and the GPS functionality is useless since they removed all the location based services.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

MisterAlex posted:

This will probably seem like a no-brainer... but I'd rather ask and seem foolish than not ask and regret it.

The 3G version of the Vita is the same as the Wi-Fi version, right? It just has a 3G cell radio added to it, and everything works identically otherwise?

I'm considering picking up a Vita for Remote Play, and I just want to make sure it's okay to get a 3G model, since there are some relatively cheap ones around here on Craigslist.

I heard that the 3G models had some problems with the battery drain, because it wanted to use the mobile card and couldn't/would, and so would remain active at all times or somesuch. Other than that, they should be the same, but I think 3G is virtually useless, there has even been a lawsuit directed at Sony about that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's so strange that they thought the 3G Vita would be a good idea

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

It's so strange that they thought the Vita would be a good idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009