Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

The White Dragon posted:

You should save the wood because your ghetto house takes 450 wood and 10,000gp to upgrade.

Yeah, you should be absolutely flooded with stone if you've been fighting/mining so you can make the sturdier stone fences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Jesus I gave Penny a Diamond on her Birthday and she immediately jumped from barely 5 Hearts to 8 Hearts :stare:

I've only seen 1 event with her so far though, with George, which seems weird

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Trainmonk posted:

Anyone know what the skull key does? I thought it just went to the arcade game but i still have the quest after playing it.

There's a cave out in the desert with a Skull on it when you can afford to get the bus up and running, that might be it.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

What is the use for slime that I apparently haven't come across? It's apparently useful enough to necessitate an entire slime breeding facility.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
1.02 out!

quote:

Fixed a few more issues today:

If you never received your pet, you will now have another opportunity.
When you go to sleep, the game now checks if any of your essential tools are missing. If so, they will appear next to your bed in the morning.
The game now properly saves on level-up nights.
Eating skill food and then going to bed on a level-up night works properly now.
Fixed problem where completing the Crafts Room while standing in certain locations causes your character to get stuck.
Player character should now walk correctly while in a cutscene after drinking coffee.
Removed an item duplication exploit.
Forage items should no longer spawn in the woods above the beach.
Fixed Crab Pot problem (again)
Fixed exploding armchair bug.
Relaxing in the spa with your menu up no longer restores energy.
Removed Leah's doppelganger.
Debris should no longer spawn in the pathway between farm & forest.
Fixed disappearing tapper problem.
Fixed a few minor graphics problems & dialogue typos.
Other minor issues (spoilers)

I wonder if that forage items should no longer spawn in the woods above the beach refers to all the easy foraging at the beach or not :(

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Sage Grimm posted:

Hey now, recent Harvest Moons let you date someone by giving them a ring at blue and then at red hearts you give them a blue feather because
:goonsay:

Good point! Anyone know if this game lets you do that?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i filled out the bundles in the boiler room of the community center and the junimos repaired the minecarts.

the minecarts are at the bus stop, the mines, and by the blacksmith, and you can travel between them

it's amazing

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

dmboogie posted:

Good point! Anyone know if this game lets you do that?

There's this mysterious npc who appeared on the beach while it was raining who wanted to sell me an amulet but told me I wasn't ready yet, combined with what a particular bit of tv trivia says I'm betting they're the key to being able to get married.

Unrelated, but the number one mod I'd like right now is for someone to figure out how to add a manual save function, I'm getting pretty sick of losing progress if I happen to get a level up the night before and don't want to skip an entire day just to get a save in.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Feb 28, 2016

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Eopia posted:

Unrelated, but the number one mod I'd like right now is for someone to figure out how to add a manual save function, I'm getting pretty sick of losing progress if I happen to get a level up the night before and don't want to skip an entire day just to get a save in.

Good News! That literally just got patched.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Little Abigail posted:

Good News! That literally just got patched.

So it did! My eyes completely skipped over that line in the patch notes posted earlier.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

The part of the patch that gives back missing tools gave me a duplicate axe while I was waiting to pick up my upgraded one, maybe I should upgrade my watering can now to skip the gap before that's fixed.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Emalde posted:

There's a cave out in the desert with a Skull on it when you can afford to get the bus up and running, that might be it.

How do you get the bus running?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I just broke down and wrote out a daily schedule for who I should socialize with, based on who's easy to find together and what things I'll have been doing that day. God save me from anime asperger's.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

DoubleNegative posted:

How do you get the bus running?

there's a room in the community center that asks for gold to complete its bundles, looks like it has a big safe in it. once it's filled out the sprites repair the bus.

overall gold cost is like, more than 40k, though.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Johnny Joestar posted:

there's a room in the community center that asks for gold to complete its bundles, looks like it has a big safe in it. once it's filled out the sprites repair the bus.

overall gold cost is like, more than 40k, though.

"Gifts from the forest" my rear end. We get the bus after their all expenses paid vacation is over.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
How do you get seeds from crops?

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

okay so whats the best way to go about getting a huge stack of refined quartz? I seem to rarely get one if any per trip to the mines and im not getting any CDs to throw in the recycler.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Chantilly Say posted:

You don't.

Sometimes you get recipes which require crops and poop out seeds.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Chantilly Say posted:

You god-damned commie scum! You expect to get seeds from your own crops?! Monsanto and the government disagree. They are going to take your farm and sue you into the ground for daring to have your own seeds. God help you if they find a seed separator on your property!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
anyone find Linus's Blackberry Basket I scoured but was unable to find it

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Following Jenny around, hope she doesn't see me! #juststalkerthings

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Baller Time posted:

Following Jenny around, hope she doesn't see me! #juststalkerthings

You're a pretty bad stalker considering her name is Penny.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Say, those "patches" like the slower clock and faster diagonal movement.. I assume the updates like 1.02 affect the .exe meaning they'll have to be rebuilt every patch? :(

This thread moves so fast so I can't remember who made them, but whoever it was; I'd love to hear how you do it so I could just change it myself whenever an update comes out (if they affect the .exe, that is).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone managed to catch the small crown-wearing fucker of a fish that lives off the eastern pier on the beach during the summer?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Anyone knows how to get refined quartz?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Tired Moritz posted:

Anyone knows how to get refined quartz?

Melt quartz in a furnace.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Don't get knocked out in the mines it is garbo. You lose 500 gold, several random items, and 10 levels from your elevator progress.

I'm catching up so I don't know if anyone has responded to this, but I got swarmed on level 19 and lost ~2800 gold, 1 item, and forgot 8 floors. The layout was a big spiral too, so when the 3 bugs I was fending off were joined by another 6 I couldn't even hope to run away. Bleh.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Ok, I see in the patch notes that the exploding armchair bug was fixed and I must know what I missed.

In other subjects, have a little something I whipped up yesterday:

e: hopefully it's not out of date :ohdear:

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Anyone manage to get a dance partner during the first flower dance festival? I fed Leah salads the entire season and she was at 3 hearts and refused to dance with me.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
You need so much wooood it's to much wood.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Do these heart events have fake 50's love music? That poo poo owns. Also not having a full wiki for a game like this is disorienting.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I wish the game didn't put your cursor in the top left corner during cutscenes/talking/fishing/etc. I have two monitors, so it puts the cursor 1 pixel away from the [X] in whatever window I have on my other screen and I've already closed so much stuff because of this :negative:
Fullscreen does nothing to help this either, as it never constricts the cursor to the game window.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Where the hell are the grapes? I see bushes with purple in them during Summer, but interacting with them does nothing.

e: Also how do you use fishing tackle? Just have it in your inventory?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rookersh posted:

Where the hell are the grapes? I see bushes with purple in them during Summer, but interacting with them does nothing.

they're on the ground like all the other forage items

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Does this game have any kind of long term time constraints, like having to accomplish something by the end of the third year or anything like that?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Chump Farts posted:

Also not having a full wiki for a game like this is disorienting.

I plan to (partially) solve this problem with a listing of everything everyone sells. It can and probably will get dumped out in the xml more completely and easier but where's the fun in that???

e:

LibbyM posted:

Does this game have any kind of long term time constraints, like having to accomplish something by the end of the third year or anything like that?

An earlier report in the thread claimed that if you completed a quest but did not turn it in by the deadline you'd fail it, but otherwise no.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 28, 2016

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

An earlier report in the thread claimed that if you completed a quest but did not turn it in by the deadline you'd fail it, but otherwise no.

Cool. This seems like a good relaxation kind of game. It's such a silly minor thing, but when I was a kid playing Harvest Moon 64 I used to stress out about how the dad would come and judge you after a few years or whatever.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I have 3/4 items for the fall forage bundle and it's driving me nuts. Where are the plums???

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Rookersh posted:

Same way as you use bait - get it on your cursor and then right-click on the pole. You need the better fishing rod to use it though (not the fiberglass one, the one after - indurium or whatever).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Are there any really big expensive projects beyond the 50,000g house upgrade? I could really use a reason to earn millions of dollars besides achievements.