Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR
oh god. I enough command points to buy a legendary token and instead of a 4 star it gave me yellow old man logan. I dont have anyone over level 104 and he is level 250 or something nuts. My scaling is going to be all sorts of screwed up now :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I found the same OML cover with dudes at around 120 and it wasn't too bad. Finding a second 5* hosed me bad, though, I had to chuck Phoenix.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
OML is legit, even with the scaling issues; his healing is phenomenal for PvE and has saved me from using so many health packs.

ninja alamode
Apr 20, 2004

Dr_Gee posted:

Speaking of Pizza Dogs, I haven't been on for a couple days (my name there might be Dr_Ooze) because my old phone bit it and I haven't had the willpower to force myself through the tutorial for the 3rd time until I get my new phone up and running. I will, however, be back to give everyone those 10 sweet ISO per day soon.

Good news, in the next patch, probably in the next few days, they're finally updating it so you can connect to facebook and restore before going through the entire tutorial.

And yes, if there's any single 5* cover to have, it's OML yellow, it makes going through the easy PVE and early lightning rounds so much faster and cleaner.

DPD edit: Didn't pay much attention until the end of Enchilada, but make sure you have all the AP saved up you can and end wave 3 on a power or crit; first wave was (I think) just three random goons, second was Ragnarok and 2 goons, third was Switch and 2 goons, and the last wave was Carnage, Ant-man and Kamala. Not too bad until the end, but those three can get brutal.

ninja alamode fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Feb 27, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

evil_cheese posted:

oh god. I enough command points to buy a legendary token and instead of a 4 star it gave me yellow old man logan. I dont have anyone over level 104 and he is level 250 or something nuts. My scaling is going to be all sorts of screwed up now :negative:

I have a few of my 2* championed up around 119 or so, I think they were hovering about 114 when I pulled my OML. The scaling can be annoying sometimes now, if an event powers up a few characters I have that are not covered well it can be tough to take down some stuff but I haven't noticed a huge difference.

I see more champion 3* teams in pvp now but that just means I have to skip more. I take way less losses on defense in pvp, although I found OML red who is probably better on defense than yellow is.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

ninja alamode posted:

DPD edit: Didn't pay much attention until the end of Enchilada, but make sure you have all the AP saved up you can and end wave 3 on a power or crit; first wave was (I think) just three random goons, second was Ragnarok and 2 goons, third was Switch and 2 goons, and the last wave was Carnage, Ant-man and Kamala. Not too bad until the end, but those three can get brutal.

Just FYI, if you finish off wave 3 with a power it'll trigger Carnage's attack tiles.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Big thanks to everyone posting help for these new DPDs. You all rock.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

My DPD advice is *** bullseye. He carries that event so hard.

Failing that, another source of strong attack tiles like grocket or tchalla. If I'm talking ** I would put my faith in either MMags+Cstorm or Wolvy+OBW

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Opened a PvP 10 pack. Rocket and Groot was the only thing above 2 star. Woo.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Mine had a Sentry and a CMags along with the 2*s. Not terrible, but far from good.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Today's DPD is: IM35 + 1* Spidey + Yelena (yes, all three) / Thing + Officer + Spy / Ragnarok + 2 Criterions / Black Panther + IM40 + CMags. Not too bad if you can get past the first wave quickly.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I almost have enough command points to pull a legendary. I also have three 3 star characters (Spiderman, Grey Black Widow, Iron Man 40) one cover short of being maxed. Which is the better move?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

ghostwritingduck posted:

I almost have enough command points to pull a legendary. I also have three 3 star characters (Spiderman, Grey Black Widow, Iron Man 40) one cover short of being maxed. Which is the better move?

do NOT spend CP to level a 3* hero's powers. especially someone like spider-man who is trash tier. for 20/25 CP you should be pulling LT exclusively, because you can get an infinite amount of 3* covers thru dpd (as long as you're patient).

what's the cost to level a cover for a 4* hero? 120 CP! spending 20/25 is a much better deal, although with the handicap that you can't choose the cover you'll get at 20/25 CP.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

homeless poster posted:

do NOT spend CP to level a 3* hero's powers. especially someone like spider-man who is trash tier. for 20/25 CP you should be pulling LT exclusively, because you can get an infinite amount of 3* covers thru dpd (as long as you're patient).

what's the cost to level a cover for a 4* hero? 120 CP! spending 20/25 is a much better deal, although with the handicap that you can't choose the cover you'll get at 20/25 CP.

That was my gut feeling. Didn't realize Spiderman was considered trash though. The combo of him and Widow usually make it so I'm shielded from most damage until I charge up the sniper rifle.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

He's not horrible if you're rushing pink mana but he's pretty bad.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

One thing I can't figure out about these mega whales is that not only do they have to spend literally thousands of dollars to get the characters all fully maxed, they still must have to play the game for many hours each day in order to place top on everything. Even if you have a maxed 5* roster that that one King Dreadnought guy, it still takes a good chunk of time to get the points, and as they are so keen on the game they want to score 2000+ points in every event.

I just don't get who has that kind of money AND time in combination.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

GTO posted:

Seriously. Whoever does have both could travel to awesome places and do interesting, unique things that would be far more memorable than being god-king of a match-3 game.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

GTO posted:

Trust Fund Babies, we'll make our dreams come truuuuuuuue...

Imagine Jeb Bush as a kid, or maybe one of Mitt Romney's grandkids. You know, "job creators".

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i'm really starting to feel the iso crunch. i have five 3* heroes that are either ready to champion or one cover away from championing, and i'm looking at like 400k iso to level them all. considering only the 3700 iso you can get from the dpd, that's only 109 days to go!

heaven forbid i start getting enough covers for a single 4* hero to actually want to level them

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

homeless poster posted:

i'm really starting to feel the iso crunch. i have five 3* heroes that are either ready to champion or one cover away from championing, and i'm looking at like 400k iso to level them all. considering only the 3700 iso you can get from the dpd, that's only 109 days to go!

heaven forbid i start getting enough covers for a single 4* hero to actually want to level them

Focus on one character at a time. DPD, one round of PVE and tournament action add up quickly, especially after you sell all the garbage 1/2* covers you get from fighting and tokens. Once you champion, you start getting iso back out when you add covers. Even 2* champions help.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Eh, you earn iso faster than you think you do. It's another hundo for every 1* that drops in pvp, plus all the piddling iso rewards do seem to add up. If your 2* dudes are champed then you'll be making more iso from 2* covers than you would selling them, too. You've also got another 200 per day from your clan. If you're playing regularly you should probably be able to champ a couple dudes a month. What level are they softcapped at now?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Ignite Memories posted:

Eh, you earn iso faster than you think you do. It's another hundo for every 1* that drops in pvp, plus all the piddling iso rewards do seem to add up. If your 2* dudes are champed then you'll be making more iso from 2* covers than you would selling them, too. You've also got another 200 per day from your clan. If you're playing regularly you should probably be able to champ a couple dudes a month. What level are they softcapped at now?

no, i mean i barely get to play more than the dpd each day. i don't think i've come in higher than 300 in a pve in forever, and even that finish was for a week i was sick and off work. i'm typically hitting 200-300 points in pvp events. i know that in theory i could grind out all the iso i need faster than 109 days, but i don't get the chance to play the game optimally

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I've pulled 3 red Hulk Covers in the last couple of days, and now he's 0/4/4. Thinking of saving up 240 HP to finish him out.

Also have Jean Grey at 3/1/5 as an option as well.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Yeah that's a lot of cp to have to save up but I'm thinking of doing the same with my 4/5/3 iceman. If I don't get another cover for him by the time I've levelled him up then I've got 120 cp saved up to buy the last one.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
The very same moment I got my first few fully covered and leveled 3's everyone has championed 3's. I think by the time I get useable 4's I'll be going against well champed 4's.

Turtle pace but it's all I have time to dedicate.

I'm tanking pve's til the rewards look good enough to go for.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding whether to tank PVE or play enough to grab the command tokens. So far I've been going for the command tokens, but I haven't finished close to top 100 even when sort of trying.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Tank for a few then you'll be paired with people who aren't trying and staying above 10 is as easy as doing the sub twice usually.

I got black goblin from champing doom.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Wound up getting OML from a legendary draw, but I got his red. He's strong as gently caress but because of that power, he loses something like 600HP every time an ally fires a power. It's not THAT big of a deal considering he has over 10000HP, but it's still annoying.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I team him up with OBW to mitigate it somewhat. I bet KK would be even better but I have her at exactly one purple cover.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wound up getting OML from a legendary draw, but I got his red. He's strong as gently caress but because of that power, he loses something like 600HP every time an ally fires a power. It's not THAT big of a deal considering he has over 10000HP, but it's still annoying.

I quite like his red for the required character part of the daily. I just use him, Deadpool (for the whalepoints) and whoever. He's quite nice for wrecking PvP seed teams as well, and weak PvE fights.

I do get the feeling it probably works better if you have his heal too, but I haven't.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

I team him up with OBW to mitigate it somewhat. I bet KK would be even better but I have her at exactly one purple cover.

drat and I had KK with whatever color it was that would heal when a power fired.

I gave her up to make space because I never used her

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
KK+Hood+anyone with shields is so incredibly annoying to face in PvP; it's hard to fire off any abilities, you can't do any damage and KK is healing every other turn. KK's yellow is worth it just for the deterrent factor, IMO.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I'm starting to transition from 3* to 4*, and I'm weighing between leveling up 3*s that I don't use to champion levels (like Beast, Storm, Gamora), or putting ISO into the the few 4*s I have that are worth leveling (Nick Fury, Kingpin).

Improve Level 3*s: Don't lose out on HP and CP bonuses for covers, but sink iso into rarely used characters and leave 4*s relatively weak
Improve Level 4*s: Get more immediate benefit, but lose out on additional bonuses from extra covers and potentially mess up seeding

What are people in the same situation doing at this point?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Anals of History posted:

I'm starting to transition from 3* to 4*, and I'm weighing between leveling up 3*s that I don't use to champion levels (like Beast, Storm, Gamora), or putting ISO into the the few 4*s I have that are worth leveling (Nick Fury, Kingpin).

Improve Level 3*s: Don't lose out on HP and CP bonuses for covers, but sink iso into rarely used characters and leave 4*s relatively weak
Improve Level 4*s: Get more immediate benefit, but lose out on additional bonuses from extra covers and potentially mess up seeding

What are people in the same situation doing at this point?

thanks to championing you don't have to spend iso leveling 4* heroes that you would normally never use. fury and kingpin aren't the worst, but you aren't missing anything if you save your iso and don't level them. you'll need hundreds of thousands of iso to max level a good 4*, so its okay to bank your iso while you get more covers for HB or jean or iceman or whatever.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Is red hulk a usable 4*? Beyond Jean and Hulkbuster, who are the next tier of "good" 4*s?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

As I understand it rhulk is up there in the top tier of 4*

idk about the newer ones that have come out but it seems like it's one of IMHB/Cyclops and then Teen Jean/Iceman/RHulk for the top tier 4* teams.

xXx_darkJerryFalwell_xXx
Jun 30, 2006

It's time to play the game, Jeff. It's all about the game.
Is it just me or did they increase the ISO required to level 3* characters? Mystique needs over 80k to level from 130 to 165. I could swear it was lower than that.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Angelic Diablo posted:

Is it just me or did they increase the ISO required to level 3* characters? Mystique needs over 80k to level from 130 to 165. I could swear it was lower than that.

It's ~94K for a 3* to go from 120 to 166 so that sounds about right. Pretty sure nothing has changed.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Angelic Diablo posted:

They did re-balance it at some point a while ago so that the total cost went down a bit, but it was also a lot more back-loaded; leveling up to 120 took virtually chump change, but from there on you have to really work for it. It was enacted so as to make newly-collected 3* heroes more immediately usable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

rabidsquid posted:

As I understand it rhulk is up there in the top tier of 4*

idk about the newer ones that have come out but it seems like it's one of IMHB/Cyclops and then Teen Jean/Iceman/RHulk for the top tier 4* teams.

the official d3 mpq forums just finished a user driven character ranking where over 1000 people ranked every character within each star tier. they haven't released all the data yet, but from the last character ranking, the pro-tier 4* were (in no particular order):

iceman
hulkbuster
jean grey
saturday cartoon cyclops
red hulk

someone did the math and it's possible for iceman to deal more damage on his green than red hulk, but it requires a very unlikely board of like 19 blue tiles or something. it's easier to hit red hulk's bonus damage on his green because his purple feeds it very well.

CidGregor posted:

They did re-balance it at some point a while ago so that the total cost went down a bit, but it was also a lot more back-loaded; leveling up to 120 took virtually chump change, but from there on you have to really work for it. It was enacted so as to make newly-collected 3* heroes more immediately usable.

which is hilarious, because the number of covers you have for a hero is way more integral to the hero's functionality than their level.