Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
Hello forum,

Be gentle to a new guy or poopoo on me from a great height.

Have nothing to contribute except 1 of my cattys

oh wait I do

Beexoffel posted:

I prevent overshooting by watching the 'time to destination' counter next to the targeted planet or station. When it gets under 0:15, I slow down to halfway the blue zone and then calmly get there, slowing down some more when it gets really close.
But I still overshoot often after a year hehe.

in controls u will find thrust @ 75%. bind it to a button. Your are big boy find a spare button, I use space. When you fly at a station\planet\poo and see the timer hit 7 seconds hit said button and you will never overshoot your chariot again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Gradis posted:

Hello forum,

Be gentle to a new guy or poopoo on me from a great height.

Have nothing to contribute except 1 of my cattys

oh wait I do

in controls u will find thrust @ 75%. bind it to a button. Your are big boy find a spare button, I use space. When you fly at a station\planet\poo and see the timer hit 7 seconds hit said button and you will never overshoot your chariot again.

You can say poo poo and gently caress here, the word filter is for people that aren't registered.

Other than that, nice catte and welcome to the stimpire.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

This one, obviously. We need to optimise for maximum parp.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Which one is sarcastic :psyduck:

The second one is a sarcastic reply, but the third one replies to the second one as if it was dead serious. So deluded they can't tell anymore, and any hint of dissidence is met with rage.

I specially like that he says that it has more "fidelity" than any other game ever as if it was something that is written on a whiteboard during any game's development and is anything anyone gives a poo poo about.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Daztek posted:

Hello, do you have cats, if so post cats

I posted my catte, no one said a word. So, no more catte posts from me.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Samizdata posted:

I posted my catte, no one said a word. So, no more catte posts from me.

Same.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
Muh cattes do not approve of CIG business ethics.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
I have yet to see a cat that believes in the concept of crowd funding.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Samizdata posted:

Crap. I keep meaning to post this, and keep forgetting. My little buddy, Mr. J. Yeah, he's a dork just like me.

That's a pretty good cat. You're right though, he is pretty dorky looking.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Moar platforms for cattes. They enjoy them.

Edit: bonus cattes:

darkarchon fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Feb 28, 2016

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
question for you cat havers, have you put your cats on youtube

question 2 how much money are they making you

question 3 if not why havent you

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Not really intended to be a dig on Jared, but what a contrast.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

that is a serious pussy palace

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

Alan Smithee posted:

1. no
2. none
3. not the stimpire here

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Toops posted:

Many pages back, but just wanted you to know this ship has now been officially "inserted" into the highly refined/streamlined/genius ship "pipeline".

Working title is "The Goonrathi Buttle." Open for suggestions.

https://trello.com/c/0vCvWSxe/62-goonrathi-buttle

I don't know how much has been done yet but I quite like the idea of all the ships being household stuff glued together by a 4-year-old, that would be a pretty rad aesthetic

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Wrecked Angle posted:

Dude, do you not know anything about game development? You don't just go around showing off progress 'willy-nilly'. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't show off some of the stuff they've come up with..like, EVER! They'll decide it's too advanced for our feeble little minds and be forced to destroy it, that's the kind of technological advancements we're talking about here.

Have you not seen this.. https://i.imgur.com/nbIsaKt.png ?
To me, that shows that the salvaging mechanics are basically completed. And if the salvaging mechanics are finished then that must mean the inventory system is done too. And being as they have a functioning item system that means they will have crafting and trading mechanics all in place and just requiring the final level of polish.

Also take a good look at that image 'Medium Shield Generators', don't you see what that means? That means that they've got ship fittings all worked out and ready to go. I mean why would you have shield generators if you can't fit them to the ships? I bet in two weeks we'll start to see all different types of these 'placeholders' for armor plating and cloaking devices and tracking disruptors and then one day they'll just flip the magic switch and *bing* the finished game will be released.

Is that seriously what they're getting excited about? The video game equivalent in seeing Jesus on a piece of toast.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Wrecked Angle posted:

You can say poo poo and gently caress here, the word filter is for people that aren't registered.

Other than that, nice catte and welcome to the stimpire.

And piss!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

My cat is black and light photons refuse to bounce off his coat. This means that it's impossible to capture decent videos of him.

I don't want to sound racist, but if he wasn't black, he'd have been a youtube star a long time ago.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Not really intended to be a dig on Jared, but what a contrast.

I thought consoles were the devil, and all need to be burned in a big heap as a silicon sacrifice to the almighty PC god, cRobinkles.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Star Citizen and SQ42 are so far along in secret development (as a part of what is clearly the most open development process ever) that CIG purposefully avoided showing PCGamer any gameplay a couple months back!

As stupid and delusional as the cultists have demonstrated themselves to be it's still mildly surprising to me that they're all embracing this PU criminal level bullshit as some amazingly fun and worthwhile addition. Not a whiff of persistence, hardly a hint of any typical space sim gameplay, still just one stretched out multiplayer map that holds 16-24 people, but throw in some basic capture point/GTA wanted level mechanics with the excuse that it's for testing systems and these imbeciles eat it up.

IANAGD but wouldn't an alpha for a real MMO with a significant focus on commerce and exploration and simulating millions of NPCs involve the testing of systems involving commerce, exploration, and simulating millions of NPCs?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Xaerael posted:

I thought consoles were the devil, and all need to be burned in a big heap as a silicon sacrifice to the almighty PC god, cRobinkles.

He's on an emulator, obviously. PCs have so much fidelity that they can simulate every individual electron in some peons console.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

fuctifino posted:

My cat is black and light photons refuse to bounce off his coat. This means that it's impossible to capture decent videos of him.

I don't want to sound racist, but if he wasn't black, he'd have been a youtube star a long time ago.

Black cats are the superior cat.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
I hope the FBI have an ongoing investigation into the the business practices of CIG. Unfortunately, because it's ongoing, we'll never know until the day their offices get raided.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
black cats matter

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ponzi posted:

I hope the FBI have an ongoing investigation into the the business practices of CIG. Unfortunately, because it's ongoing, we'll never know until the day their offices get raided.

They only good way this ends is with Crobberts in prison

Maybe Ben gets tazed too

But I know the citizens will just crowd fund their bail

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

Black cats are the superior cat.

Black cats tend to be serious psychopaths though.
I personally believe that all black cats can be traced back to one single first black cat, and that was a fiend from another dimension in which cats have conquered earth.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Black cats tend to be serious psychopaths though.

I've found the opposite, there are two random cattes that come and see me when I'm waiting for a bus in two different parts of the city, both are super loving and friendly and love being picked up and cuddled, and both are black. My own black cat is more friendly than her black and white brother, and the other four black cats I've owned or lived with in my life have all been sweethearts. The only *un*friendly black cat I ever met had three legs and was blind in one eye following a major traffic accident so that's kinda understandable, and apparently even that one was very friendly with her owners and only wary of strangers.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I personally believe that all black cats can be traced back to one single first black cat, and that was a fiend from another dimension in which cats have conquered earth.

Maybe it's a UK/US thing, there were actually two progenitors and we have the good black cat lineage, you got the mirror universe one

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
I haven't posted my catte yet in this thread because he's horribly deformed, I think it's some sort of birth defect but I love him all the same...

(I woke him up to photo him)

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 28, 2016

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Wrecked Angle posted:

Dude, do you not know anything about game development? You don't just go around showing off progress 'willy-nilly'. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't show off some of the stuff they've come up with..like, EVER! They'll decide it's too advanced for our feeble little minds and be forced to destroy it, that's the kind of technological advancements we're talking about here.

Have you not seen this.. https://i.imgur.com/nbIsaKt.png ?
To me, that shows that the salvaging mechanics are basically completed. And if the salvaging mechanics are finished then that must mean the inventory system is done too. And being as they have a functioning item system that means they will have crafting and trading mechanics all in place and just requiring the final level of polish.

Also take a good look at that image 'Medium Shield Generators', don't you see what that means? That means that they've got ship fittings all worked out and ready to go. I mean why would you have shield generators if you can't fit them to the ships? I bet in two weeks we'll start to see all different types of these 'placeholders' for armor plating and cloaking devices and tracking disruptors and then one day they'll just flip the magic switch and *bing* the finished game will be released.

You're right, I am not a Game Developer. Thank you for setting me straight, commando o7

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Wrecked Angle posted:

I haven't posted my catte yet in this thread because he's horribly deformed, I think it's some sort of birth defect but I love him all the same...

I had one of them strange cattes too, it must be some sort of subspecies...

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Xaerael posted:

I had one of them strange cattes too, it must be some sort of subspecies...

That must be one of those Siberian cattes I keep hearing about.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Wrecked Angle posted:

lol. Jack Russell corgi or fat jack Russell?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Fatkraken posted:

I've found the opposite, there are two random cattes that come and see me when I'm waiting for a bus in two different parts of the city, both are super loving and friendly and love being picked up and cuddled, and both are black. My own black cat is more friendly than her black and white brother, and the other four black cats I've owned or lived with in my life have all been sweethearts. The only *un*friendly black cat I ever met had three legs and was blind in one eye following a major traffic accident so that's kinda understandable, and apparently even that one was very friendly with her owners and only wary of strangers.

Maybe it's a UK/US thing, there were actually two progenitors and we have the good black cat lineage, you got the mirror universe one

My blacke catte was visited by her mother when she was about 1 year old and beat the loving poo poo out of her. My hands and lower arms a re mesh of scars from her love-bites. She sits on my lap, purrs, getting her back petted until she grabs my arm with both paws, claws extracted, and slams her jaws into the meat. That means "thank you human, thats enough for now" in back-cat-speech.

e: also neither me, nor my demon cat are from the us. They are closer than you think. Send help.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 28, 2016

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I have a question for some of the recent CIG refugees: was it a huge surprise after being surrounded by hostilities, and the constant yammering about how evil SA is trying to destroy everything etc., to come here and find out that all that poo poo is totally wrong? That you're welcomed and are completely free to say anything you want, and that this is one of the only places on the internet where you can actually have a calm, reasoned discussion? I'm genuinely curious how many of you were surprised by how chill it is here when compared to the cultist narrative.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

The Walrus posted:

lol. Jack Russell corgi or fat jack Russell?

Hey, come on now! You know we don't weight-shame in this thread.

Yeah, he's just a Jack Russell that is currently on a strict diet, though that isn't a flattering photo to be fair to the little fella.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

G0RF: you're an extremely talented writer. You take the time to research and reflect before posting, and your tone is professional and eloquent. You write clearly and have an excellent grasp of vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation.

Serious question: have you thought about writing up a massive expose based on known facts or things which can be conclusively researched and submitting it to a news organization for review and publication?

I'm honestly shocked that nothing further has come from the escapist, given that the allegations against Sandi are patently true, and because their follow-up/addendum stated that CIG invited them to visit their offices to see what it is "really like". I can only assume that never took place...

Where's @lizzyf620 at? Someone invite her to join SA (I don't use twitter) and I'll buy her an account.

Thanks!

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

EightAce posted:

...... Come on now, don't blow my cover

Lots of v important people making serious exit plans ....

CV in the U'

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Toops posted:

Many pages back, but just wanted you to know this ship has now been officially "inserted" into the highly refined/streamlined/genius ship "pipeline".

Working title is "The Goonrathi Buttle." Open for suggestions.

https://trello.com/c/0vCvWSxe/62-goonrathi-buttle

Hamburger with a side of olive cockpit.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

I have a question for some of the recent CIG refugees: was it a huge surprise after being surrounded by hostilities, and the constant yammering about how evil SA is trying to destroy everything etc., to come here and find out that all that poo poo is totally wrong? That you're welcomed and are completely free to say anything you want, and that this is one of the only places on the internet where you can actually have a calm, reasoned discussion? I'm genuinely curious how many of you were surprised by how chill it is here when compared to the cultist narrative.

Although I'm not a CIG refugee, I'll give you my impression of the SA forums...

I'd previously heard about SA, and it's association with Goons. Like others I'd previously been a bit wary and looked at a few threads. The topics weren't anything that interested me though, and were about things of which I had little experience, so I couldn't really form a knowledgeable opinion one way or the other.

It was this thing about Star Citizen that drew me back here, after Dereks Smart's series of blogs. I'd been following SC from afar, and had thought for a long while that something didn't seem quite right. It all felt a bit too good to be true - a pretty slick marketing campaign with fantastic artwork, but little tangible evidence to prove that it was going to be all that it was cracked up to be.

I followed the discussion here without an account for a while, and time and time again kept reading things that reflected exactly what I was thinking. OK, there are plenty of 'ya boo Ben's fat' posts, pictures of cattes, and low effort shitposts, but plenty of intelligent thought-provoking posts too. Some wicked senses of humour as well, which is never a bad thing.

So I thought 'ya know, there are some very clever people on that forum. People who aren't easily fooled by all the bullshit coming out of CIG. It's a place where I can actually speak my mind without the rabid horde descending to drown out my heresy and downvoting my posts into oblivion'. So I finally took the plunge and bought an account. To me, it wasn't a huge financial investment, and I can't say I've got a great deal to contribute, but being able to post on the few occasions where I feel inspiration makes it worthwhile to have an account.

And on the other occasions, I can just make a low-effort shitpost (I have no cattes).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Romes128 posted:

"Your mom is a stretch goal" is still one of the best things to come out of this thread

• Locked thread