Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:quagmire:

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

LibbyM posted:

Cool. This seems like a good relaxation kind of game. It's such a silly minor thing, but when I was a kid playing Harvest Moon 64 I used to stress out about how the dad would come and judge you after a few years or whatever.
And to clarify, that time limit applies to the randomly generated noteboard quests like the .jpg above, and there is no penalty if you 'fail' them.

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jul 14, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's marriage simulator, maybe there isn't a right choice

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Nevermind

Jesto fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jul 14, 2017

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Can you store wheat and hops in the storage chests indefinitely? I'm wondering if I can start growing and storing the stuff for brewing in summer, so I can keep a steady supply of beer and pale ale going all Fall and Winter.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V
Hae is bae.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Some fish only show up in certain seasons. I miseed my chance at a sturgeon in spring/summer so I can't finish up the aquarium parcels.

I had my first crash today, which sucks because it happened just before I was going to bed. Money is tighter than I expected in winter but I think I'll be able to get all my tools to gold before spring hits.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
As far as I can tell nothing spoils; if not, I'm gonna be pissed when all my hops go bad.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
I've been on the fence about buying this since the Steam page first appeared. The biggest thing stopping me from grabbing it is my experience with bugs in other games I bought immediately after release. How many game breaking bugs does this have right now on a scale of New Vegas to Arkham Knight?

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Tyrone Biggums posted:

I've been on the fence about buying this since the Steam page first appeared. The biggest thing stopping me from grabbing it is my experience with bugs in other games I bought immediately after release. How many game breaking bugs does this have right now on a scale of New Vegas to Arkham Knight?

Nothing to bad so far. Their was a bug where if you leveled up for the day it wouldn't save that days progress but that got patched a few hours ago. The Dev has been pretty responsive to anything that comes to his attention and he's put out at two patches already to fix some bad bugs. So I would have to say New Vegas.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Tyrone Biggums posted:

The biggest bugs right now have to do with saving, though there have been others popping up. The guy who made the game has been spending a lot of time fixing bugs and updating the game, but he's still one guy so it might be awhile for some bugs to be fixed. So there's some risk, but from what I understand some of the most annoying bugs initially (the game not saving after you level up) seem to be fixed (at least it hasn't been an issue for me, could still be a thing for others though).

You may want to wait a week or two for other bugs to get ironed out, but it's nowhere near as buggy as your usual modern AAA game and still very playable right now.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V
I haven't played those games but there are a few ways to break your game completely plus some annoying things that just don't work right. I've still found it quite enjoyable, and CA is patching very diligently so I'm not too worried about it. The only version of a game breaking bug I experienced was I didn't receive a pet on my first save. I could have played through anyway (the pets don't do anything), but I restarted because I wanted to use my new knowledge to make a more efficient farm anyway.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

:raise:

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Does anyone know if the wiki fishing information is actually accurate? Despite it being the correct season according to the wiki I've had a hell of a time catching some of them. I'm not sure if you need to stand in different places or what.

Also, in case anyone hasn't noticed, sometimes there are little areas of the water that look like a disturbance or raindrops or something, and if you fish in those your bobber will sparkle a little and fish will bite far, far faster. They seem to spawn all over the place, so it's worth keeping an eye out for them.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i filled out the bundles in the boiler room of the community center and the junimos repaired the minecarts.

the minecarts are at the bus stop, the mines, and by the blacksmith, and you can travel between them

it's amazing

There's also a totem you get from one of the fishing rewards that teleports you directly to the beach. Unfortunately you only get five of them—hopefully there's a way to make more.

Gamerofthegame posted:

You need so much wooood it's to much wood.

You can buy wood at the construction store if you don't want to cut it down. It's fairly inexpensive.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Where the loving snow yams at? Last thing I need to find out where this tantalizing bridge leads to.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Fish wiki is very bad. They list Sturgeon as Spring/Summer and I am reasonably sure I caught mine in Winter

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

MotU posted:

Fish wiki is very bad. They list Sturgeon as Spring/Summer and I am reasonably sure I caught mine in Winter

Where did you catch it and what is your fishing skill? I'm only getting pike's atm.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Most game wikis are hilariously inaccurate for the first week or so as people straight up make poo poo up in order to be early contributors.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Demiurge4 posted:

Where did you catch it and what is your fishing skill? I'm only getting pike's atm.

east section of the lake Lake(idk if this matters?), 7 Skill, I think I only had Fiberglass Rod but I don't remember fully

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

MotU posted:

east section of the lake Lake(idk if this matters?), 7 Skill, I think I only had Fiberglass Rod but I don't remember fully

Forest or the lake by the mine? I'm only missing that one.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Demiurge4 posted:

Forest or the lake by the mine? I'm only missing that one.

mine lake

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

MotU posted:

mine lake

Nice! I got it.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
How do you get the beer keg blueprints? Time? A skill reward? Becoming buddies with the bartender?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Going to stream some more. My pick is currently being upgraded and I'm nearing the bottom of the mine (I think) so I'll probably end up doing more non-mine stuff for a couple days and then in another game week or two.

http://hitbox.tv/suzera

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

Anyone knows how to get refined quartz?
Recycling Machine turns broken cds/glasses into refined quartz. I got almost all of mine this way and have a massive excess.

quote:

Linus' Basket
I never found this either.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 28, 2016

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Archenteron posted:

How do you get the beer keg blueprints? Time? A skill reward? Becoming buddies with the bartender?

Archenteron posted:

Level 8 or 9 farming is the only requirement I'm aware of. They look pretty inexpensive to build. You can make wine in them using fruit as well.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Khorne posted:

Recycling Machine turns broken cds/glasses into refined quartz. I got almost all of mine this way and have a massive excess.
I never found this either.

You go to the Bus Stop and walk left

Legit blew my mind

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010

Is there anyplace you can set crab pots so they don't return 90% trash?

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Are fruit trees worth buying? Can I plant spring blooming ones in winter?

kickascii posted:

Is there anyplace you can set crab pots so they don't return 90% trash?
I don't know if it's fixed yet but if you place them all, wait a day, pick them all up, then place them without transitioning scenes (not sure if this is important) then save+reopen the game every pot will return the same item. You get trash maybe 1/3 days.

The latest latest patch said they fixed them again, but all of my placed pots are still giving the same item.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 28, 2016

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I feel like I'm the only person who bought this on GOG and not Steam. What are the advantages of buying it on Steam instead of GOG? If I have a choice I'll always go GOG because opening and playing the games seems like less of a hassle.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I feel like I'm the only person who bought this on GOG and not Steam. What are the advantages of buying it on Steam instead of GOG? If I have a choice I'll always go GOG because opening and playing the games seems like less of a hassle.

I bought it on GOG as well.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Where the gently caress does Leah hang out on weekdays?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
There's no particular advantage to buying it on Steam.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Man, I can't wait to find out what's in this meteorite that landed in my tomato patch.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Steam has automatic patching.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Ddraig posted:

Steam has automatic patching.

That's sweet.

Does GOG Galaxy do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002
The new detection code seems broken. I have two hoes now.