Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone managed to catch the small crown-wearing fucker of a fish that lives off the eastern pier on the beach during the summer?

i was trying to get that shithead but it kept escaping every time. i guess because i didn't have the third tier rod. is it really summer-only? kind of a bummer, because it just hit fall for me. i'm hoping there's multiple cool fish hidden around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Khorne posted:

The new detection code seems broken. I have two hoes now.

Your harem simulator begins.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Anyone know where to find the mayor's pants for the quest he gives you?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Your Computer posted:

I wish the game didn't put your cursor in the top left corner during cutscenes/talking/fishing/etc. I have two monitors, so it puts the cursor 1 pixel away from the [X] in whatever window I have on my other screen and I've already closed so much stuff because of this :negative:
Fullscreen does nothing to help this either, as it never constricts the cursor to the game window.

I had this problem too. It is because you have a controller plugged in. Unplugging it resolves the issue.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Revol posted:

I had this problem too. It is because you have a controller plugged in. Unplugging it resolves the issue.

No way :aaa:

I don't think I would have figured that one out myself, thanks friend :3:

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit

Fans posted:

I AM LEGEND

Some people say it isn't size that matters, but you know.

:smuggo:

the angler is 100x cooler

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

... opening and playing the games seems like less of a hassle.

lol

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
So, two quick questions:

1) I'm presuming the meta for this game still basically boils down to 'get lots of bux, then worry about making friends'. Is that about right? I realize that there's probably exceptions (nobody seems to hate flowers, so whatever bullshit you pull out while foraging is probably good for someone's birthday) but I've basically been spending most of my energy foraging and clearing the farm, planting beans and supplementing with whatever mixed seeds I can cut out of grass since that's pure profit.
2) Is the rainy day ambient noise (at least in spring) kind of creepy with low howls and groans? I asked a friend this morning and he claimed he had no idea what I was talking about, the rainy day music was quiet but sedate. I don't know if he's loving with me or if I named my farm "arkham" at my own peril.

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

Abigail is definitely the daughter you do not want ....

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I feel like I'm the only person who bought this on GOG and not Steam. What are the advantages of buying it on Steam instead of GOG? If I have a choice I'll always go GOG because opening and playing the games seems like less of a hassle.

i bought it on steam because i like it when opening my games is a challenge

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Coolguye posted:

So, two quick questions:

1) I'm presuming the meta for this game still basically boils down to 'get lots of bux, then worry about making friends'. Is that about right? I realize that there's probably exceptions (nobody seems to hate flowers, so whatever bullshit you pull out while foraging is probably good for someone's birthday) but I've basically been spending most of my energy foraging and clearing the farm, planting beans and supplementing with whatever mixed seeds I can cut out of grass since that's pure profit.
2) Is the rainy day ambient noise (at least in spring) kind of creepy with low howls and groans? I asked a friend this morning and he claimed he had no idea what I was talking about, the rainy day music was quiet but sedate. I don't know if he's loving with me or if I named my farm "arkham" at my own peril.

Make friends while makin' da bucks, it gives you recipes and junk and the little scenes are well and fun. Sometimes they mail you things, too. Flowers work on most people and once you start mining a lot you can dump some Gemstones on them too. I put aside Emeralds/Rubies/Diamonds and basically tossed them to whoever was having a borthday for some quick gains

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Is there some trick to removing crab pots or are they still just bugged as poo poo? I get infinite duplicates if I right click on them.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Coolguye posted:

It's the sewer monster, most likely. (not joking)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

I'm definitely hearing a lot of noises that could be straight out of Earthbound. Some of them sound kinda like whale noises, too.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Is there a list for people's event locations yet? Took me a while to get Penny's 4<3 one (didn't find til I had 8) and then I basically got a bunch at once, and now I can't find her 10<3 one either :<

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Small patch just went through a few minutes ago, here are the notes.

quote:

Released a little patch at 9:40am PST that fixes a few more problems:

Tools being upgraded no longer erroneously considered "missing"
Clay duplication bug fixed
Pet cutscene won't refer to the "cat" as a "dog" anymore.
Leah's 10-heart event fixed
Pepper Popper recipe now requires cheese.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Coolguye posted:

So, two quick questions:

I thought it was creepy too, but I'm pretty sure those weird moaning noises are supposed to be frogs croaking. I work with amphibians in real life, they often make noises like that after lights out.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Emalde posted:

It's the sewer monster, most likely. (not joking)

Yeah this was my guess. The first time it rained after that cut scene with the kids was when I started hearing those sounds.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Is it worth it to use the water-retaining soil mixture? I'm at the cusp of summer and it seems like a good idea to use that for my corn. But if it won't last as long as the plant does, or it's better to use enhancing fertilizer and just water it every day, I'll do that.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

For anyone who wants a lot of cheap energy refills: Hops.

Hops grow in summer, and spend a couple days growing, but once they're mature they'll regrow every day.

And each one gives +45 energy, which is the same as that snack made out of tree seeds. Also you can make pale ale? with the leftovers.

On that note:
Can artisanal goods have quality?
It feels like I've dropped a lot of silver and gold star things into the preserves jar, but everything ends up at default quality.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

aww yeah time to become one with the forest :2bong:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

YES bread posted:

aww yeah time to become one with the forest :2bong:

Oh man nothing cool ever happens to me :( The first weird thing I got was the meteor in winter.

I just got the rusty key though :getin:

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

inthesto posted:

Where the gently caress does Leah hang out on weekdays?
She usually hangs out on the shore of the lake to the west of her cabin if it is not raining. She also hangs out in the saloon around 6pm some days.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What's so complicated about opening games through Steam? I've never had any issue with it.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

MotU posted:

anyone find Linus's Blackberry Basket I scoured but was unable to find it

If you go to the bus and walk down the road to the left it's down there.

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

Would you like to peruse my wares?
I just noticed that in the crafting window, above the trash icon, is another orange icon that lets you turn in stuff to the community center. Saving you a walk and making it easy to access your numerous chests at home to quickly turn things in, or turn things in on the fly.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Joiny posted:

I just noticed that in the crafting window, above the trash icon, is another orange icon that lets you turn in stuff to the community center. Saving you a walk and making it easy to access your numerous chests at home to quickly turn things in, or turn things in on the fly.

nope, you can't turn in stuff using that. it IS, though, a handy reference.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Joiny posted:

Pretty sure its only to check if you have turned in something yet? When I tried to add stuff it told me I had to deposit it at the community center

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Joiny posted:

As said, you can't put things into it from there.

However, you also don't need to immediately complete a bundle; you can actually throw items in it, leave it partially done and it'll stay locked in and you don't have to keep however many items hanging around in your storage to do it at once.

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
edit: nm, not a bug, I'm just a dummy

Mondlicht fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 28, 2016

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Someone said they had a sprinkler that covered a 5x5 area? Where's that attainable at?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Emalde posted:

There's a cave out in the desert with a Skull on it when you can afford to get the bus up and running, that might be it.

Just got to this, it's the next series of mines once you've completed the first one in the valley. With the space boots and obsidian sword I'm getting shredded down here, so bring healing when you start venturing out.

I did get a rabbit's foot off of the thing that replaces the standard Bat enemy though, so that's cool?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
23,641 people playing Stardew at once. I guess ConcernedApe is rich now. I like how it is at the top of the sales chart despite almost zero press coverage, especially compared to the way SUPERHOT was hyped.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

people have wanted a competent harvest moon clone on pc for forever

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

StrangeAeon posted:

Someone said they had a sprinkler that covered a 5x5 area? Where's that attainable at?

I've seen it a few times at the traveling vendor guy who shows up outside the southern entrance to the farm, maybe you can craft it at some point but it requires Iridium. Not sure how to reliably get that yet.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

grrarg posted:

23,641 people playing Stardew at once. I guess ConcernedApe is rich now. I like how it is at the top of the sales chart despite almost zero press coverage, especially compared to the way SUPERHOT was hyped.

So many people playing that Chucklefish mentioned that the Starbound and Stardew wikis are down due to high traffic.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Johnny Joestar posted:

people have wanted a competent harvest moon clone on pc for forever
I know I have for many years.

Of course, now I have a 3DS with Rune Factory 4, Story of Seasons, and Fantasy Life. I'm still trying to make up my mind about whether I want to pick up ANOTHER farming sim or put Stardew off until I've played more of the ones I have. How does this hold up compared to those?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Linus taught me a new bait recipe. He said it's so good he'd eat it himself :frogdowns:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Meldonox posted:

I know I have for many years.

Of course, now I have a 3DS with Rune Factory 4, Story of Seasons, and Fantasy Life. I'm still trying to make up my mind about whether I want to pick up ANOTHER farming sim or put Stardew off until I've played more of the ones I have. How does this hold up compared to those?

Significantly better than the current Story of Seasons out in the west, Fantasy Life doesn't even have farming, but RF4 is still real good (Stardew has less anime though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

Would you like to peruse my wares?

Johnny Joestar posted:

nope, you can't turn in stuff using that. it IS, though, a handy reference.

My bad, I thought it would allow you, though I guess you'd miss out on little cutscenes if it did.