Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

I missed it in the cinema (threw a hissy-fit over the terrible website of the local cinema and swore never to watch a movie there)

I very carefully avoided reading or watching anything that might give away the plot for all the time until it came out on disc. It was with great excitement and anticipation that I put it on the TV tonight.

and....

Good god, it is a such a dull movie. At least Question of Sport had some good explosions in it.

EDIT: this imdb review sums it up so well:

quote:

This is the worst Bond movie ever, filled with emotionless characters that I couldn't care less about. The pace of this film after a predictably exciting start is slow and boring. Unlike his fellow actors, Ben Whishaw as Q manages to portray the only believable human in this whole fake production. Why couldn't JB have been given a touch of Q's wit, humour or vulnerability? No wonder Daniel Craig wants out of this franchise - it's beneath his talent. Such a cacophony of totally forgettable dialogue, people and silly stunts is hard to imagine in a single movie and yet here it is. During one of the 'action' fights when James was being hammered by the evil assassin I noticed the person next to me had fallen asleep and was snoring. That person was an exceedingly eloquent critic.

spog has a new favorite as of 02:18 on Feb 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Spectre also has the dullest unremarkable car chase in recent memory. Everyone phoned it in for the movie to finish out their contract I guess.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I don't understand why everyone hates spectre. It's the greatest, most exciting, Bondest film we have gotten since Die Another Day. Seriously, I love Craig as bond, but everything else about his movies has been dull, disappointing, garbage. Except for Spectre, which was god damned amazing.

CONTENT:
I needed a new compact phone, and this was just about the smallest good one I could find. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

I got a monitor for my vidja games. So far, I'm a fan.

BenQ RL2455HM

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PleasusChrist posted:

I got a monitor for my vidja games. So far, I'm a fan.

BenQ RL2455HM

Do you choose to oscillate?

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

Do you choose to oscillate?

Nah. Steady stream. Steady breeze? Idk what that setup is called....

Edit: Stationary?

PleasusChrist has a new favorite as of 13:02 on Feb 28, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wedemeyer posted:

Why don't you go ask this in the lasik thread instead of the pyf purchases thread? OR better yet, an actual doctor so goons don't tell you to get death laser eyes.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3179993

But also, given the opportunity, always get death laser eyes.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Coydog posted:

CONTENT:
I needed a new compact phone, and this was just about the smallest good one I could find. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

I've had one of these phones for the last year or so and it's amazing. The camera is top-notch and battery life is amazing.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Thank you for the reassurance. Battery life and camera were at the top of my reasons to choose it. Cannot wait!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

cyberia posted:

I've had one of these phones for the last year or so and it's amazing. The camera is top-notch and battery life is amazing.

I can't speak to the compact but the regular Z3 has been fantastic. The only time I appreciate the screen size is when watching youtube videos. The rest of the time I kind of wish it were smaller.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I got this thing:

And this thing to put on it:

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
I bought a thing.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Weird flesh light

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

FishBulb posted:

Weird flesh light

So glad everyone who sees this thing thinks that, warms my heart. But for real don't stick you dick in it there's a razor blade down there.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Toast Museum posted:

I got this thing:

And this thing to put on it:

Let me know how this works out. I'm thinking of replacing an old king size with a memory foam, but I live in La and I think the heat retention would kill me.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Hrvstmn31 posted:

So glad everyone who sees this thing thinks that, warms my heart. But for real don't stick you dick in it there's a razor blade down there.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to stick my dick in that either. Poor buy.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Hrvstmn31 posted:

pls dont kinkshame tia

What is it? Image search says something to do with shotgun shells?

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

Teach posted:

pls dont kinkshame tia

What is it? Image search says something to do with shotgun shells?

It's a "Shell Prepper" if you click the picture it will take you to a video of the creator talking about it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Hrvstmn31 posted:

HA HA HA

nerox
May 20, 2001

Your avatar sums it up nicely.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I pre-ordered a Galaxy s7 Edge because my old HTC One is dying. Also I get a free Gear VR headset so I can live in ~teh future~

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Let me know how this works out. I'm thinking of replacing an old king size with a memory foam, but I live in La and I think the heat retention would kill me.

I won't be using it until later this month, but I'll post a trip report. In the meantime I'm on an 8" standard memory foam mattress with a down topper, which sleeps hotter than I'd like but it fine if the room is kept reasonably cool. The new mattress is gel foam, which is supposed to wick away heat better, so fingers crossed for that. I'm also digging around for decent percale sheets, which are supposed to keep cooler than other weaves.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

overdesigned posted:

I pre-ordered a Galaxy s7 Edge because my old HTC One is dying. Also I get a free Gear VR headset so I can live in ~teh future~

Which gen HTC One are you replacing? I've been using my M8 for exactly two years this month and it is kind of falling apart (case is bent), it's slow as hell, but it still works great.
I've been considering replacing it, but I cannot make up my mind between a small Android replacement (like the Sony Experia Z5, unfortunately not available for Verizon) or a larger one like a Galaxy Note so I can get rid of my tablet, also getting old.
I guess as long as the M8 keeps ticking, I'll use that.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I just put a new battery in my 2013 Moto X on Friday and now its battery life is back to being fantastic :toot: Going to keep using this phone until it literally falls apart and/or someone makes another reasonably sized phone.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You know what's fun? When your fridge gives up the ghost in the afternoon and you spend a few hours working on it just to find out the part that broke would take a week to replace so you just order a new fridge to be delivered tomorrow. Every cloud has a silver lining I guess: it's Winter but not that cold so all the poo poo will keep over night on the veranda.

I'm the müsli in the freezer section, by the by. I'm also the open jug of milk that's going to absorb all the aromas from the other foodstuffs.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Feb 29, 2016

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is that the fridge you bought? It looks tiny.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Is that the fridge you bought? It looks tiny.

That's the most popular configuration and size in Finland :shrug: It's called a yankee fridge for some reason. 184l fridge, 44l freezer. I live alone so I could've gone for a smaller one.

e: It's a Rosenlew RJPK2600 which is kind of like Atari 2600 so it must be the best.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Is that the fridge you bought? It looks tiny non-american

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

That's the most popular configuration and size in Finland :shrug: It's called a yankee fridge for some reason. 184l fridge, 44l freezer. I live alone so I could've gone for a smaller one.

e: It's a Rosenlew RJPK2600 which is kind of like Atari 2600 so it must be the best.

Gotcha. In that case, it's just the name that's confusing.

If my math is right, that's about 8 cubic feet, which is about half what an average apartment has in the states, and a third the size of what I have in my kitchen.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think it's just a matter of not having shitloads of soft drinks/beer, eating a lot more fresh stuff, and drinking tap water because it's cleaner than bottled water anyway.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gotcha. In that case, it's just the name that's confusing.

If my math is right, that's about 8 cubic feet, which is about half what an average apartment has in the states, and a third the size of what I have in my kitchen.

How much does a fridge like that pull? This one's rated for 227 kWh which isn't terrible* (it's only class A+ because A++ are usually a lot louder).

*) Terrible for a fridge but you have to account for the freezer as well.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Where do you keep your seven different kinds of mustard?

The fridge in our rental is making a noise that is like....whatever comes before a death rattle. I kinda hope it dies so I have an excuse to buy a super fridge and just take it when I leave.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bongwizzard posted:

Where do you keep your seven different kinds of mustard?

The fridge in our rental is making a noise that is like....whatever comes before a death rattle. I kinda hope it dies so I have an excuse to buy a super fridge and just take it when I leave.

The only condiments I have are a bottle of sriracha (:goonsay:) and a bottle of "Greek" (Swedish) garlic sauce. They go really good together on fries :yum:

And yeah I should've known the thing was dying from the sound but I had hope :negative:

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
American fridge / freezer combos are usually 16 - 30 cubic feet and pull about 600 - 800 kWh of freedom a year

With 8 cubic feet, how do you drop $150 at Costco to cover 2 weeks of groceries at a time?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Judge Schnoopy posted:

American fridge / freezer combos are usually 16 - 30 cubic feet and pull about 600 - 800 kWh of freedom a year

With 8 cubic feet, how do you drop $150 at Costco to cover 2 weeks of groceries at a time?

Do you have any idea how many potatoes I can fit in 184l?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
For real I think a smaller fridge would cut down on the amount of food that we waste just by forgetting what is in there, but I was not kidding about the mustards. I also really want a dedicated beer fridge so I can keep beers around 45-50, but I can't find the space for it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bongwizzard posted:

For real I think a smaller fridge would cut down on the amount of food that we waste just by forgetting what is in there, but I was not kidding about the mustards. I also really want a dedicated beer fridge so I can keep beers around 45-50, but I can't find the space for it.

45-50 beers sounds like a good amount to keep around.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Jerry Cotton posted:

The only condiments I have are a bottle of sriracha (:goonsay:) and a bottle of "Greek" (Swedish) garlic sauce. They go really good together on fries :yum:

And yeah I should've known the thing was dying from the sound but I had hope :negative:

I'm Asian and and know lots of Asian people and eat at Asian restaurants all the time. I have never even heard of anyone putting sriracha in the fridge. It basically keeps itself from spoiling with the spices or whatever.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm Asian and and know lots of Asian people and eat at Asian restaurants all the time. I have never even heard of anyone putting sriracha in the fridge. It basically keeps itself from spoiling with the spices or whatever.

I've got to keep it somewhere. It also doesn't go bad in the fridge unlike some things so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My fridge is about 26 cubic feet and my wife constantly bitches it's too big for the kitchen.

MAYBE YOU'LL COME APPLIANCE SHOPPING WITH ME NEXT TIME, HUH?

(On the flipside, she does not mind the giant chest freezer in the basement since she never has to look at it)