Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Did you find a spare Eye?

Yeah, my buddy loaned me one. Didn't really help though haha. It wasn't my best showing. The deck was right, matchups were just horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=11646&d=266399&f=MO The meta's warping

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

My Jund deck has a good win percentage against Eldrazi. Mostly because it's all removal and surgicals/extirpate and wins with manlands and goyfs.

It's very dumb.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
These SCG commentators are so wrong so frequently that it actually makes it harder to follow the game

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
The Pauper GB Delve deck mentioned a page or so back is likely some variant of Tortured Existence, aka my favorite deck if only GB could protect Tortured Existence.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PJOmega posted:

The Pauper GB Delve deck mentioned a page or so back is likely some variant of Tortured Existence, aka my favorite deck if only GB could protect Tortured Existence.

Yes the Pauper community and it's obsession with trying to make "Dead Dog" a thing certainly is baffling.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

stinkles1112 posted:

These SCG commentators are so wrong so frequently that it actually makes it harder to follow the game

I had to switch to the GP. I can't listen to them anymore.

I also hate 4 color rally and can't wait for it to die.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Only a month to go, mercifully. The fetchlands and battlelands were a really dumb mistake by development, in my opinion.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Angry Grimace posted:

Only a month to go, mercifully. The fetchlands and battlelands were a really dumb mistake by development, in my opinion.

Yeah it was pretty stupid.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

It's happening everywhere too :)

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=11667&f=LE

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

These are just deck reporting errors, its like calling everything Force of Will decks!!!!!!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This card art went from meh to absolutely amazing in one two sentences.

All those early Magic illustrations by Dan Frazier with those weird swirly backgrounds are on marble paper or other handmade papers.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Rally is obnoxious insofar as every deck that spends five full minutes per game shuffling is, and it's compounded by pilots who have to think about every single interaction for several seconds. The deck itself isn't too bad imo if the person playing it is experienced with it.

In summary, gently caress fetch lands, may they rot in eternal formats forevermore.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Star Man posted:

All those early Magic illustrations by Dan Frazier with those weird swirly backgrounds are on marble paper or other handmade papers.

Frazier is the best still living magic card artist :colbert:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Skyl3lazer posted:

Frazier is the best still living magic card artist :colbert:

You'll also noticed that he hasn't done any Magic illustration since Time Spiral. He's moved on to being a gallery artist. He just shows up at events in Denver and makes a killing redrawing Moxen and Jester's Cap on playmats.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

rabidsquid posted:

These are just deck reporting errors, its like calling everything Force of Will decks!!!!!!

E(ldrazi) MUD and WE MUD.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

suicidesteve posted:

And yeah, Eli Kassis has the stupidest looking cards I've ever seen.

He had an Unlimited (I think?) Volcanic that he was playing yesterday and it made me very sad to see such a beautiful card in that shape but It's not my money so whatever. At least it isn't MLP Power

mcmagic posted:

Lossett just never loses with Miracles...

I sat next to him yesterday, and he was very impressive. It makes sense that he destroys all the SCG IQs he is in. He knows every interaction and his table presence must be very intimidating to someone that doesn't have absolute assurance in their own game

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Angry Grimace posted:

It always cracks me up when they gently caress mana bases for standard up. Last time it was this bad was with the Storage Lands and Vivid Lands in the same Standard.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Honestly wotc should have known better than to print a card as powerful as Calciform Pools but that doesn't mean I won't take advantage of it

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

rabidsquid posted:

Honestly wotc should have known better than to print a card as powerful as Calciform Pools but that doesn't mean I won't take advantage of it

Did you see LSV playing Calciform Pools in his Modern Bant Eldrazi deck? It was a pretty impressive piece of tech that will likely get the deck a ban.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

suicidesteve posted:

Did you see LSV playing Calciform Pools in his Modern Bant Eldrazi deck? It was a pretty impressive piece of tech that will likely get the deck a ban.

It's about time he stopped loving around with these rogue brews and started to play with powerful rabidsquid approved cards.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Gaby is bringing up a good point, which is that the Hardened Scales deck kind of sucks without Hardened Scales in play. The answer to this to me seems to be "play Gideon." I mean, "well he costs 4" seems like a not terribly amazing rebuttal because he just wins the game by himself all the time because he's the best card in Standard.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 28, 2016

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AgentSythe posted:

He had an Unlimited (I think?) Volcanic that he was playing yesterday and it made me very sad to see such a beautiful card in that shape but It's not my money so whatever. At least it isn't MLP Power

I sat next to him yesterday, and he was very impressive. It makes sense that he destroys all the SCG IQs he is in. He knows every interaction and his table presence must be very intimidating to someone that doesn't have absolute assurance in their own game

He's actually a very nice dude who will smile and be very nice and tell you how well you're playing while he smashes your loving face in.

Speaking of dumb decks, I played against Bryant Cook yesterday and how about this, if your deck is worth so much that you need to triple sleeve it and it's a foot high and impassible to shuttle, play with different cards.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
God a giant douche playing a giant douche deck.

Rally was made for Turtenwald.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

mcmagic posted:

He's actually a very nice dude who will smile and be very nice and tell you how well you're playing while he smashes your loving face in.

yeah that's what I mean by table presence. it's clear he has the utmost assurance in his game and he knows what you are going to do before you do it. he was a cool dude, I had a chat with him

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AgentSythe posted:

yeah that's what I mean by table presence. it's clear he has the utmost assurance in his game and he knows what you are going to do before you do it. he was a cool dude, I had a chat with him

Howd you end up doing and what did you play?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Howd you end up doing and what did you play?

scrubbed out at 5-3 on Grixis Delver. First round of the tournament I got Infect with a turn 2 Dreadnaught

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AgentSythe posted:

scrubbed out at 5-3 on Grixis Delver. First round of the tournament I got Infect with a turn 2 Dreadnaught

That's what I should've played. Even x-2-1 wasn't good enough to make day 2 heh.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Gaby is a thousand times better than than Van Meter and his buddy. SCG hire Gaby.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
andrew boswell is like randy buehler levels of wrong on calling lines here why did they get him back on commentary after the first time

gerry's at 7 and he says to kill a pyro instead of a strix :laffo:

although the actual right play in that situation was to save the charge (to gain 2 life later) b/c iirc killing the strix gave the guy exactsies for his angler. Even GerryT misplays!

Zoness fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 29, 2016

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Zoness posted:

andrew boswell is like randy buehler levels of wrong on calling lines here why did they get him back on commentary after the first time

gerry's at 7 and he says to kill a pyro instead of a strix :lmao:

With a Jitte in play. Also there's a Delver out.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Did Owen gain a bunch of weight?

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 29, 2016

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lol loving Set Adrift is in Eli Kassis's deck

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Angry Grimace posted:

He looks fat in all the wrong places.

Full disclosure: I'm fat in all the right and wrong places

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Angry Grimace posted:

Who knows. I only know I would rather see him hit by a truck then to win another GP.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
Ugh. He won. Get hosed you douchebag.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Who knows. I only know I would rather see him hit by a truck then to win another GP.

owned idiot

sponszi
Dec 15, 2013
Great player, great deck, great GP

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

AgentSythe posted:

owned idiot

I think you mean.....

...Owened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
https://twitter.com/OwenTweetenwald/status/703659005105688577

• Locked thread