Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/23/finland-health-system-failing-welfare-state-high-taxes

What is happening in Finlandland? The Brit is not pleased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

The Guardian dosen't get to say other countries health care is bad when ours is literally near the loving death bed.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
"Many parents see private health insurance for their kids almost as mandatory."

Mainly so they can have their kids seen by a doctor for every fever and sniffle and then prescribed panadol. Just so a DOCTOR has seen their kid. that's basically what the private clinics are for, so the parents can have comfort of mind that their kid was looked at by a DOCTOR! Anything serious and it's off to public side.

Now we have two kids (twins) and they had serious medical problems so we've been throught he medical apparatus. Born 2 months early, one needed heart surgery. Needless to say all this was handled by the state and it was handled well and with all due haste and the followups have been regular and we feel we've gotten excellent care in all the places we've been (Vaasa, Tampere and Helsinki).

We've had private insurance since before they where born and the first year it was good we had it, not so we could see any private doctors because our kids had actual medical problems worse than a flu, but it allowed us to get back a lot of money spent on medicines and hospital fees. One of the heart medicines was quite expensive and we easily went over the 600 something limit, we got that back thanks to the insurance.

In the first year it paid to have the insurance, in the 2nd, not so much, not sure we'll bother with it for the 3rd. I've been to multiple hospitals myself and the descriptions in the article don't ring familiar to me at all and I've been to the three hospitals, as well as eye surgery for myself in Seinäjoki.

Ofcourse with the SOTE reforms I'm sure we can except it to become more true over time.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Don't worry, Captain Stubukka has the Iron Lady in his heart. Sort of.

:shrug:

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

doverhog posted:

The position makes perfect sense. Why should the state decide who are allowed to be married? Social liberties are at the core of the green movement.

*the state obviously protects people so no marrying your infant kid or anything crazy like that, do no harm and all that

Marriage is a legal contract with considerable consequences. It isn't just some government stamp of approval for your social arrangements. That's why they ask you about it in every form you have ever filled.

Want to know the only really easy way to transfer even a great deal of your earned wealth to another person while paying no taxes? First marry them, then divorce them. Gifts and inheritances are both taxed.

It is safe to say that not a moment's thought has actually been put to the consequences of that "idea", which makes it perfectly in sync with everything else that all the political youth organizations put out.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
That might all be true but it's a question of ideology, not of tax law. There's time for specifics later once the principle of the issue has been accepted.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

vuohi posted:

Marriage is a legal contract with considerable consequences.

This, by the way, is the best argument for why religions should not be allowed to make official marriages. It should be strictly a civil matter with the government.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Darkest Auer posted:

This, by the way, is the best argument for why religions should not be allowed to make official marriages. It should be strictly a civil matter with the government.

You filthy statist scum! Keep government out of the bedroom! :argh:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Who doesn't want Soini in his bedroom? Imagine all the faces stubb must make during sex.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Rexroom posted:

You filthy statist scum! Keep government out of the bedroom! :argh:

I was going to say "Better Sipilä or Soini than Jesus", but then I realized both of those belong to insane cults. What the hell is going on? At least Stubbeli isn't a jeesushihhuli, right? Reptilians aren't secretly papists?

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

His Divine Shadow posted:

Who doesn't want Soini in his bedroom? Imagine all the faces stubb must make during sex.

Now I want this picture in large size framed on my wall

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

hillo posted:

Now I want this picture in large size framed on my wall

I'm the nose hairs sticking out.

E: Just because marriage is intertwined with a whole lot of laws, doesn't mean that it should be set in stone. People should have the kinds of relationships they want to have and the legal system should support those relationships.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

doverhog posted:

That might all be true but it's a question of ideology, not of tax law. There's time for specifics later once the principle of the issue has been accepted.

I'm not convinced that you have actually considered the legal can of worms that you are waving around.

Have you ever seen a divorce that was difficult property-wise? Imagine a marriage of four people, so that Ann is married to Bob, Bob is married to Ann and Cecil, and Cecil is married to Bob and Diane. Bob and Cecil want to divorce each other. Considering the special burdens of marriage, what are the liabilities that will arise out of it, and how easy are they to settle out? If you want an even worse example, imagine that Ann, Bob, Cecil and Diane are all married to each other, so that everyone is married to three other people, and one of them wants out. Maybe you would setup a marriage share system, like in corporate law.

There is a reason why the state has opted to grant certain special duties and privileges to unions of two people, and two only. Whatever you think about it, those simply cannot be easily extended to 2+n people, they are not just details to be worked out later. Nobody is currently stopping anyone to live in whatever relationship settlement they desire anyway.

Those duties and privileges of marriage are also the most important reason why it is important that gay couples have access to them, but instead people just enjoy to endlessly bicker about the word "marriage" and what it constitutes or should constitute.

Darkest Auer posted:

My proposed solution is still "erase the word marriage from legislation, call all of them unions, let people decide themselves what they consider a marriage". It would take just one generation of people for this to become a completely unquestioned norm.

Obviously almost everyone opposes this idea for different reasons. The traditionalists think that the state MUST protect the sanctity of marriage (even if it has failed to do so under the recent godless homo assault), and people obsessed with symbolic gestures and identity politics hate it because... well you know.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

vuohi posted:

My proposed solution is still "erase the word marriage from legislation, call all of them unions, let people decide themselves what they consider a marriage". It would take just one generation of people for this to become a completely unquestioned norm.

This is basically the same as defining avioliitto as rekisteröity parisuhde. So it's just semantics over what to call the """new marriage""".

Edit: I don't care what it's called, as long as religion has no part in legal procedures.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004
Yes, that's true.

Also an edit: The church held important societal functions in Finland for centuries, and keeping up with most births and deaths was something that it did up to the 70s. Only then was it transferred to civil authorities. I don't particularly like any religions, but it requires some historical knowledge to understand why some of the church's institutions are so deeply ingrained to the general society.

vuohi fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Feb 26, 2016

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

vuohi posted:

Obviously almost everyone opposes this idea for different reasons. The traditionalists think that the state MUST protect the sanctity of marriage (even if it has failed to do so under the recent godless homo assault), and people obsessed with symbolic gestures and identity politics hate it because... well you know.

I personally agree with your solution, but it's not the only option. Creating legislation for group marriages would be hard, sure. However we as a society do things that are hard all the time.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

doverhog posted:

I personally agree with your solution, but it's not the only option. Creating legislation for group marriages would be hard, sure. However we as a society do things that are hard all the time.

Like tolerate this government arrghgh!

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Darkest Auer posted:

Has any nuorisojärjestö ever had a sane proposition or idea?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/incest-and-necrophilia-should-be-legal-youth-swedish-liberal-peoples-party-a6891476.html

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ligur posted:

He will just quote a wall of text and add something like ":v:"

The pygmy has nothing to say.

:flip:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

they sound like swedes and liberals alright

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrS_Q8qpvGk

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

I didn't mean anything though, just joking, you know I like you.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Why isn't there a ligur store in my suburb? It's like the government wants me to order alcohol from abroad.

E: Jakomäki of all places!!!!

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

SnowblindFatal posted:

Why isn't there a ligur store in my suburb? It's like the government wants me to order alcohol from abroad.

E: Jakomäki of all places!!!!

Isn't the Kontula ligur store closest to you, brah? Not that it's open on Sundays but anyway a drat shame I tellya!

The gub'mint wants us to go to abroad to buy vodka yes.

e: I could really use a bottle right about now, please send me alcohol

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Ligur posted:

Isn't the Kontula ligur store closest to you, brah? Not that it's open on Sundays but anyway a drat shame I tellya!

The gub'mint wants us to go to abroad to buy vodka yes.

e: I could really use a bottle right about now, please send me alcohol

Probably Malmi or Viikki is the best bet since there's a straight bus connection there.

Luckily Jakomäki has ample of other intoxicating substances around.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Kontula has become such ghetto that even Mäkkäri has abandoned it. Thank gott I'm moving to Laajasalo next month.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol@all you plebs living in suburbs

I guess it's ok if you have kids, but not really if you want to have a social life

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Geriatric Pirate posted:

if you want to have a social life

Mamu spotted

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
One of the best Quake 2 teams from Finland was named Kontula!

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rappaport posted:

Mamu spotted

Disappointed, was expecting goon joke

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Geriatric Pirate posted:

I guess it's ok if you have kids, but not really if you want to have a social life

lähiöissäkin voi saada käsitöitä kodittomilta

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Geriatric Pirate posted:

I live in Herttoniemi is that a pleb suburb? I think it's awesome here, not too many bars close by from my front door, which can be problematic for alcoholists, but you can get to Piritori and Vaasankatu to buy drugs in about 20 minutes. All hail the metro.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
yes it is

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Speaking of Piritori, I live next to it and saw a Piraattipuolue ständi there just now as I was going to buy my piri the shop

Didn't sign a kannattajakortti though, sorry goons :(

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Ligur posted:

I live in Herttoniemi is that a pleb suburb? I think it's awesome here, not too many bars close by from my front door, which can be problematic for alcoholists, but you can get to Piritori and Vaasankatu to buy drugs in about 20 minutes. All hail the metro.
Herttoniemi is pretty awesome, but living at the corner of 2 big thoroughways sucked because of the traffic.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I actually live in Sörnäinen by like 100m but I tell chicks I live in Kallio because that sounds more cool and 75% of Finns can't tell the difference especially while drunk :cheers:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

I actually live in Sörnäinen by like 100m but I tell chicks I live in Kallio because that sounds more cool and 75% of Finns can't tell the difference especially while drunk :cheers:

Probably not even 75% of the people in Helsinki can tell the difference when sober. And you once again showed that it's the Savolaiset maaltamuuttajat who are the smug cunts in Helsinki. Also technically you are telling the truth, Kallion peruspiiri includes Sörnäinen:

Kallion kaupunginosa is Linjat, Torkkelinmäki and Siltasaari.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

*updates finngoons.xls*

*starts moving pins on the big map on the wall*

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

brakeless posted:

*updates finngoons.xls*

*starts moving pins on the big map on the wall*

*map only covers kehä 3*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Triple A posted:

*map only covers kehä 3*

Well he never said it was a map of Finland.