Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

You know long term, teaching Goku that there is always someone stronger may have given him a pathological obsession.

So whats the deal with Goku losing? Did Frost poison him or something? It wasn't exactly clear, and Frost doesn't seem the type.

Frost seemed to expect it however. It may be an ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

MonsterEnvy posted:

Frost seemed to expect it however. It may be an ability.

I know what needs to be a Freeza clan attack in xenoverse 2!

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I figured Goku threw the match. But it was probably a technique.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Rutibex posted:

You know long term, teaching Goku that there is always someone stronger may have given him a pathological obsession.

So whats the deal with Goku losing? Did Frost poison him or something? It wasn't exactly clear, and Frost doesn't seem the type.

It really looks like Goku threw the match

Rudoku posted:

That amazing throw Frost did?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Did Goku go regular SSJ or SSJBlue?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Burkion posted:

Did Goku go regular SSJ or SSJBlue?

Regular.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Rudoku posted:

You know, they already so have a kind of stunning ki blast in regular Xenoverse. Maybe Frost's skill is related to that. :tinfoil:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Andrast posted:

Regular.

Holy poo poo they're pulling their punches so hard.

You think Goku just felt bad about beating up a bunch of losers?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

obviously he took a fall so the others could get a turn, like how screws around with kid buu for a while just so vegeta can have his turn

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tokelau All Star posted:

I figured Goku threw the match. But it was probably a technique.

Yes, I'm sure he purpousefully made himself dizzy and faint to throw the match.

Seriously, the episode makes it drat clear that whatever beat Goku, it wasn't Goku himself. He completely lost consciousness after a bout of heavy dizziness. Whatever Frost used, it had a delayed effect that took Goku down in spite of the massive difference in strength. And I'm glad because Frost is such a nice guy and Champa will help him help the universe and Universe 6 will be an even better place.

Somehow every episode proves even more that Universe 6 is the good twin.

Burkion posted:

Holy poo poo they're pulling their punches so hard.

You think Goku just felt bad about beating up a bunch of losers?

Goku wanted to hold back to check the enemy's strength. He also complained that Frost did the same, hilariously enough pointing out (by the second time) that he knew because he was doing the exact same thing. That said, Frost actually took his Final Form, while Goku didn't use Super Saiyan Blue...but he had such a massive power advantage that it'd be dumb even for Goku to reveal his trump card. Even if he lost, it's still a trump card for Vegeta.

On that topic, Cabba can't use Super Saiyan at all. I wonder how he'll give a fight. Both Botamo and Frost seem to be far weaker than the U7 guys, so maybe the whole team sans Hit is a joke, who knows.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
in the episode preview goku said it was some sort of technique

edit: i'm gonna guess that universe 7 is stonger and eventually universe 6 recruits them to help stop the wars

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I do think Vados is more nefarious than Whis, though.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm curious what Heat/Hit is going to be like. Dude screams "Actual Threat"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder if Universe 6 has their own versIon of Cell and Buu like they have their own Frieza.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if Universe 6 has their own versIon of Cell and Buu like they have their own Frieza.

Cell was made on Earth, though.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Blaze Dragon posted:

On that topic, Cabba can't use Super Saiyan at all. I wonder how he'll give a fight. Both Botamo and Frost seem to be far weaker than the U7 guys, so maybe the whole team sans Hit is a joke, who knows.

It's entirely possible that after seeing Goku & Vegeta use the technique, he's able to figure out how to go Super during the fight, elevating him into serious fight level as well.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Im guessing its the Egg that Champa gave him. Beerus finds out argues they're down a man anyway and lets Goku back in and he beats up Hit with SSJBLue.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

I'm curious what Heat/Hit is going to be like. Dude screams "Actual Threat"

His name was chosen to signify danger, he's been by far the meanest of Universe 6 (which isn't saying a lot, he's just been cold and stoic instead of being super friendly because Universe 6 is the good one), and while the manga has put a lot of focus on him in comparison to the rest, the anime has very suspiciously ignored him, beyond the opening giving him a far cooler moment than what it gives the other five.

There's no way in hell he isn't pulling a Piccolo Jr. and being actually evil in a tournament. Plus it's going way too fast, like the series wants to get into the actual plot, and he's almost definitely the final fight (as Heroes basically spoiled that Magetta is third, so Cabba is likely fourth). I wouldn't be surprised if this is just the prologue and the actual U6 arc is a team-up between the U7 and U6 fighters against Hit and his evil minions as they search for the final Super Dragon Ball or something to that extent.

XboxPants posted:

It's entirely possible that after seeing Goku & Vegeta use the technique, he's able to figure out how to go Super during the fight, elevating him into serious fight level as well.

I wouldn't be surprised, but if he's to fight Vegeta (and the series has hinted hard at it), then it'd take Vegeta really holding back for that to be even slightly a problem. Poor Cabba.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kild posted:

Im guessing its the Egg that Champa gave him. Beerus finds out argues they're down a man anyway and lets Goku back in and he beats up Hit with SSJBLue.

That was over 3 years ago in Goku time thanks to the time chamber, seems a stretch for it to be the egg.

I have a feeling that Goku threw the match too, despite the wooziness but it'll be interesting if it was legit. I like Frost a lot, so I'm glad about all this turned out but I do wish he didn't sound like Frieza.

Hit is a literal dickhead. His head looks like a dick.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The slurs really nail the whole "idiot deviantart child" aesthetic.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That was over 3 years ago in Goku time thanks to the time chamber, seems a stretch for it to be the egg.

I have a feeling that Goku threw the match too, despite the wooziness but it'll be interesting if it was legit. I like Frost a lot, so I'm glad about all this turned out but I do wish he didn't sound like Frieza.

Hit is a literal dickhead. His head looks like a dick.

Then you'll find out it was a wait 3 years to kill you egg.

But yeah you're right the egg isn't likely but I do suspect foul play and Beerus arguing to Goku to fight a 2nd time. Hit probably did it.

Kild fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Feb 29, 2016

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Counterpoint: Frieza's english and japanese voice actor are great and get more work.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Id like if umiverse 6 was not SPEED POWER obssessed like 7.
But instead obssessed with skill and technique.

Firstkind
Apr 10, 2015

by 2017 exmarx
Is Dragon Ball Super worth watching or should I just stick to watching the new movies?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Firstkind posted:

Is Dragon Ball Super worth watching or should I just stick to watching the new movies?

I'm waiting on the western release, but there's enough interesting stuff coming out of it now that it's definitely worth catching sooner or later

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Firstkind posted:

Its worth watching, what do you think we do in this thread :getin:

It feels weird to look forward to some new Dragonball, and not to have it spoiled 100 episodes ahead of time by info from Japan.

Repster
Nov 29, 2014

Firstkind posted:

1,2, then skip to 30, and your good with just the movies.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Repster posted:

1,2, then skip to 30, and your good with just the movies.

Don't forget to watch episode 15 for Super God Satan action.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Firstkind posted:

Super isn't just a remake of the movies. It goes: slice of life, Battle of Gods, slice of life (with GOD SATAN), Resurrection "F", completely new material (where we're now, the Champa Arc).

I'd recommend watching the slice of life bits and the current arc. You might want to watch the Resurrection "F" arc since it improves some things from the movie, but honestly the movie alone works if you want something faster. Skip the BoG arc, it's bad. Watch the movie instead, it's good.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The BoG arc has a couple of good things in it, like the first half of the Goku/Beerus fight that fleshes out a few things better, and chef Vegeta, but yeah, the movie is generally better.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Id like if umiverse 6 was not SPEED POWER obssessed like 7.
But instead obssessed with skill and technique.

They seem to be just that. Pooh has his gimmick and Frost talked about how he's a lightweight so he has to use that fighting style.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Super OC has been genuinely good so far.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Darko posted:

The BoG arc has a couple of good things in it, like the first half of the Goku/Beerus fight that fleshes out a few things better, and chef Vegeta, but yeah, the movie is generally better.

Also it has Super Saiyan Videl.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
A lot of I guess you could call it grappling in this tournament which is cool. I'm hyped as gently caress to see Piccolo fight though.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

They seem to be just that. Pooh has his gimmick and Frost talked about how he's a lightweight so he has to use that fighting style.

I think Frost was just being sneaky when he said he was a light weight, to throw Goku off that he could transform.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

I think Frost was just being sneaky when he said he was a light weight, to throw Goku off that he could transform.

He still did "technique" that Goku was unprepared for.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Firstkind posted:

watch GT instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bRDP24T7NE

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kild posted:

He still did "technique" that Goku was unprepared for.

I think it was more goku expecting him to fight like frieza

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I really want to hear Chris Ayres politely greeting everyone and feeding the orphans now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Grand Tour?

• Locked thread