Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Rudoku posted:

He does this in Unova, too. Then gets beaten by a retard that deliberately used less pokemon. That season got bad after the earthquakes.

...I'd suppressed the memories of that season.

T_T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Aithon posted:

Eventually they'll release Mega Raichu and it'll just be a Pikachu.

Or just make a Mega Pikachu so that Pikachu can power up for big fights without having to evolve from the series icon.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

So, ORAS any good or should I just get XY if I dropped out with Black 1? I'm a Pokemon casual. Oh also I never really did the Black post game stuff. What was it and should I go back and finish it off if i''m not a big 'gotta catch them all' guy?

I played the originals a long time ago and forgot basically everything about them except that diving was pretty cool. If it helps, I do enjoy a bit of a story in my Pokemon games for some reason ( it's one of those things I wish they did a bit more work on in general in Pokemon games)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

xy is better than oras but oras does have a few cool features not present in xy

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Manatee Cannon posted:

xy is better than oras but oras does have a few cool features not present in xy

Like any postgame at all. ORAS has plenty to do in the postgame, especially if you like legendary-hunting. In general though, for a more casual player, X/Y is the better example of Gen 6. Though I will say that holy GOD they hand you a lot of powerful pokemon for free.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
Basically decide if you want to play dress-up or interior decorator. I'd go with XY though, it seems better overall. It's been a while since I played it, but I think they even cut down heavily on HM use. And the central hub city is great and feels like an actual city rather than the mall thing you get in ORAS.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
The Twitch Watches Pokemon stream is going through Pokemon Chronicles right now and it's baaaad.
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchwatchespokemon

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

horriblePencilist posted:

The Twitch Watches Pokemon stream is going through Pokemon Chronicles right now and it's baaaad.

It's 100% the worst Pokemon dub ever as well, which doesn't help.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Ziddar posted:

At the very least, he got a group shot with almost all of his pokemon (including the Tauros) before heading off to Kalos:

if there was an anime season consisting of Ash rampaging through the countryside with his 30 Tauros murdering every trainer in his path I'd actually watch it again

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
Chronicles is the most entertaining the Pokémon anime's been, and not for the intended reasons. I would be down for more adventures of Dan Green and Goku and everyone else I suppose.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Waterfall of Salt posted:

Chronicles is the most entertaining the Pokémon anime's been, and not for the intended reasons. I would be down for more adventures of Dan Green and Goku and everyone else I suppose.

I lost it when Dan "Eugene" Green sent out Alakazam and chat exploded with "DARK MAGICIAN"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats a good HM bro for yellow

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there's only 5 just spread them out over your team

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

whats a good HM bro for yellow

The slow one.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Well... four. Flash is unnecessary. Unless they changed it, the walls aren't even hidden in the dark, just the trainers and any items.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Don't give any of your team Flash, since you only ever need it for Rock Tunnel and it's pretty linear, so you might not even need it. Just remember that if you do teach a Pokemon a HM move, you cannot get rid of it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can anyone do all of them except flash. theres not a good tool for a game this old

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

can anyone do all of them except flash. theres not a good tool for a game this old

I don't know about the original games, but when I went through Firered the first time, Nidiking was my HM beast. All of his moves we HMs.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

According to this tool, the only thing that can learn all of Cut, Fly, Surf, and Strength in Yellow is Mew.

Surf is actually useful to use elsewhere, though, so if you want just Cut, Fly, and Strength you can also get a Charizard.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

Mew :v:

Dragonite actually gets them all now but it only gets Surf and Strength in Gen I. Not even Fly.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Super No Vacancy posted:

Nope, unless you count Mew. But if you get a Farfetch'd for Cut/Fly and basically whatever (like a Lapras since you get one anyway) for Surf/Strength, you're basically set. Or just teach Strength and Surf to whatever pokemon you use in battle, since they're actually decent battle moves.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

According to this tool, the only thing that can learn all of Cut, Fly, Surf, and Strength in Yellow is Mew.

Surf is actually useful to use elsewhere, though, so if you want just Cut, Fly, and Strength you can also get a Charizard.

Note that Charizard can't learn Fly in R/B - it got that HM in Yellow.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Aw man the current episode on the stream is really great, I'm digging this Lost Tapes concept, lovely voice acting aside.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Has Pokemon Origins been on yet?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Yeah, it played right before Chronicles. Looks like they're not doing the XY movies.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The start and end of each Origins being the start menu and Red saving is a nice touch. It also makes me wonder what is the fastest time for catching all 150 in R/B/Y?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Electric Phantasm posted:

The start and end of each Origins being the start menu and Red saving is a nice touch. It also makes me wonder what is the fastest time for catching all 150 in R/B/Y?

420:69

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

1:50:32 for Red/Blue and Yellow clocks at 1:59:27, both real time, not in-game time. And it's 151.

EDIT: Also Twitch Plays Pokemon is going through Crystal, they are already in Kanto and boy do they have some overleveled pokemon there :v:

Kikas fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 29, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Rudoku posted:

He does this in Unova, too. Then gets beaten by a retard that deliberately used less pokemon. That season got bad after the earthquakes.

Those earthquakes just completely derailed any plan they possibly had for that season, necessitating the incredibly repetitive tournaments.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Why did the earthquakes change their plans? Was there a lot of earth type pokemon storyarcs?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

CJ posted:

Why did the earthquakes change their plans? Was there a lot of earth type pokemon storyarcs?

There was going to be a Team Rocket versus Team Plasma story, but it was going to begin in an episode that destroyed parts of Castelia City. Then the earthquake and tsunami happened two weeks before the episode was to air, having destroyed cities and nuclear reactors.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
The only thing I remember from the Unova saga that I actually liked was the utter TERROR in Georgia's reaction when that little Axew learned Outrage. Methinks there's a reason in her past for focusing on beating dragon-types...

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

These Pokemon Chronicles episodes airing now are pretty great. We've got some Butch and Cassidy, also known as The Other Team Rocket Duo who are somehow even more incompetent. They've even got their own slightly different version of the "Prepare for trouble" speech.

And Butch has an absolutely hilarious voice. He sounds like a parody of himself every time he speaks, somehow.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

*Biff

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

"MY NAME IS BUTCH!"

They're onto Team Rocket's origin-flashback episode now.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Cassidy and Bob just got blasted off within one minute of making their entrance. That has too be some sort of record.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Move this thread to Anime Drawings To Replace Women

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
I somehow managed to gently caress up and get myself stuck in Alpha Sapphire.

I just got the fifth badge and got Surf. Issue is I have zero Pokemon who can Surf, and the very next route requires use of Surf, or else you can't continue in the game. I didn't get the fishing rod when I was in Dewford, so I went back Mr. Briney so I could go back to Dewford... and he isn't there. House is empty and his boat isn't at the dock, I have no idea why.

So I have no Pokemon who can learn Surf, and no way to catch a fish Pokemon because I can't get the fishing rod. Am I missing something? What can I do from here?

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

I just got the fifth badge and got Surf. Issue is I have zero Pokemon who can Surf, and the very next route requires use of Surf, or else you can't continue in the game. I didn't get the fishing rod when I was in Dewford, so I went back Mr. Briney so I could go back to Dewford... and he isn't there. House is empty and his boat isn't at the dock, I have no idea why.

So I have no Pokemon who can learn Surf, and no way to catch a fish Pokemon because I can't get the fishing rod. Am I missing something? What can I do from here?

Check south of Slateport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

Your old friend Zigzagoon can learn Surf.

• Locked thread