Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9DoAGd6SXM

I'd heard Bloodborne was full of crazy geometry but this is just ridiculous! :suicide:

This happened to me when I visceraled Amelia one time. Fell right through the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Ha cha cha cha cha cha cha
https://fat.gfycat.com/LikableDentalIrishdraughthorse.webm

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Those loving subtitles

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hello my honey, hello my baby, hello my ragtime gaaaaa~aaal!

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Everyone make way for the Limbo Queen!

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
She's no Barbados Slim.

But then, who IS? :swoon:

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Who What Now posted:

Hello my honey, hello my baby, hello my ragtime gaaaaa~aaal!

I don't get it, it's just some NPC laying on the stairs.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

m2pt5 posted:

It's an .mp4, you probably need to update your browser.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

m2pt5 posted:

Stuntman posted:

:allears: It never gets old.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J8SzBhjqaQ

Any reason to post this one.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Check please!

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kennel posted:

I guess a lot of it has to do with the fact that there isn't ready solutions for 3d grid-based turn-based games with destructible procedurally generated environment and pretty unique cover system (a guy behind a cover can see and be seen as if he also was in the square next to him). A bigger and more talented squad of programmers surely would have done better job, but it's probably much trickier than your standard FPS.

AW shucks, is Xcom 2 playable in its current state though? I just bought it today and was looking forward to playing it... I'd hate to see my team of characters named after friends and coworkers die to constant glitches and bugs. :ohdear:

GyverMac has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Feb 26, 2016

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

GyverMac posted:

AW shucks, is Xcom 2 playable in its current state though? I just bought it today and was looking forward to playing it... :ohdear:

I just finished it, and it only crashed on me once, during the loading cinematic for the final mission. Save often, you probably won't have much trouble.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

GyverMac posted:

AW shucks, is Xcom 2 playable in its current state though? I just bought it today and was looking forward to playing it... I'd hate to see my team of characters named after friends and coworkers die to constant glitches and bugs. :ohdear:

There are only a handful of gamebreaking bugs and the game is completely playable.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

GyverMac posted:

It's playable at least for me (relatively old desktop). I've beaten it twice and soon finishing my ironman run. There's shitton of tiny glitches such as mistimed animations and sometimes it gets very laggy but it has crashed only once during 100 hours. Some people have been less lucky though.

In one mission it somehow forgot to do proper line of sight calculations and I was able to see aliens through walls.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 18:37 on Feb 26, 2016

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Prioritize killing Vipers (their special ability can do some really weird, annoying, buggy things) and Stun Lancers (they interact very strangely with certain bugs) where feasible, and be careful about leaving your dudes on roofs, and you should be totally fine.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Prioritize killing Vipers (their special ability can do some really weird, annoying, buggy things) and Stun Lancers (they interact very strangely with certain bugs) where feasible, and be careful about leaving your dudes on roofs, and you should be totally fine.

Why be careful with roofs? Spontaneous collapse bug?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

No, any reason to post this one.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

SpacePig posted:

Why be careful with roofs? Spontaneous collapse bug?

Maybe not entirely spontaneous, but I have had a guy on a roof get shot at, the shot itself miss, sailing over his shoulder, and somehow the floor underneath him evaporated, causing him to plummet to his death. Major city tile sets seem more prone to it rather than outskirts and retaliation tile sets, but that's my anecdotal observation.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Melee attacks are also slightly buggy and prone to rampantly annihilating terrain nowhere near the area of attack. So, it's fine to put a Sharpshooter on an undamaged building for Squadsight sniping away from the fray, but try not to loiter on rooftops during frenzied firefights or someone's gonna end up with a broken leg when your Ranger misses an enemy with her sword and somehow kills most of an office building instead. From 25 metres away, while not looking at it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sorry, a "handful of game breaking bugs" is considered acceptable?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It depends on how frequent they are, and how likely a given person is going to encounter them, and how much progress someone actually loses when they encounter it.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

flatluigi posted:

It depends on how frequent they are, and how likely a given person is going to encounter them, and how much progress someone actually loses when they encounter it.

Also, it's XCOM, so any losses you may incur via glitch, you can be sure they were going to die anyways.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Dabir posted:

Sorry, a "handful of game breaking bugs" is considered acceptable?

It's par for the course with XCOM titles, honestly. Firaxis gets the benefit of being the one real major player in a niche genre market. There just isn't many Western turn based tactical strategy games made. The only alternative is waifu loaded otaku pandering tripe from modern Japan or take a trip back to the late 90s and catch Final Fantasy Tactics again, which itself was a horrible buggy mess.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
That's some strong words about Valkyria Chronicles.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I'm so mad they took the wrong lesson from Awakening as I felt like Fire Emblem had suffered not from a lack of waifus, but a lack of accessibility for newbies to the genre.

But nope, gotta ride the Waifu train.

I do wish the genre's more popular, competition would do it some good in forcing developers to better about squashing bugs, and just having more options would be good.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Project X Zone is a pretty solid Japanese strategy RPG without waifus.

It's anime as gently caress, and somehow has even more tits than you'd imagine from a game that's got both God Eater and Darkstalkers representation, but the actual game is still pretty rock-solid.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Robindaybird posted:

I'm so mad they took the wrong lesson from Awakening as I felt like Fire Emblem had suffered not from a lack of waifus, but a lack of accessibility for newbies to the genre.

But nope, gotta ride the Waifu train.

:agreed:

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Stun Lancers melee stun attack also doesn't give a single gently caress about cover, line of sight and walls.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

princecoo posted:

Stun Lancers melee stun attack also doesn't give a single gently caress about cover, line of sight and walls.

This is true for all melee. Skulljacking/mining included. Nothings more rad than a early game psi zombie slowly trotting up to 2 tiles away from your guy behind cover and it successfully hits and panics them.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The only kinda game-breaking bug I've had was that all the enemies forgot to do anything for the rest of the battle. Every turn they'd just do nothing and return the initiative to me. I didn't mind so much because my squad was hosed up to say the least and I didn't mind picking off the I think 2 vipers 1 shapeless and a berserker from distance. Felt a little cheaty, but I don't care too hard.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Robindaybird posted:

I do wish the genre's more popular, competition would do it some good in forcing developers to better about squashing bugs, and just having more options would be good.

Me too. I like Xcom, but I'm not going to encourage releasing games as buggy as Xcom 2 sounds like. Even if the game is mostly playable, with only seldom crashes to desktop and only a few game breaking bugs.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Wheany posted:

Me too. I like Xcom, but I'm not going to encourage releasing games as buggy as Xcom 2 sounds like. Even if the game is mostly playable, with only seldom crashes to desktop and only a few game breaking bugs.

It's buggy as poo poo, but I've not had a game breaking bog that wasn't in my favor. /me puts on sunglasses

mostly its just been graphics stuff and who cares about that

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you don't want bugs, dont buy pc games right when they release. exactly how many times do some people have to do the exact same thing before they learn?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
if you don't want bugs, code your game competently and there won't be any when it's time for release. exactly how many times to developers have to do the exact same thing before they learn?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stuntman posted:

*CROOOOOOOOOOAK*

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

This is how gaming works now. People are willing to buy games before they are even finished. Why fix everything when you can release buggy poo poo and just patch it later(maybe.)

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

CJacobs posted:

if you don't want bugs, code your game competently and there won't be any when it's time for release. exactly how many times to developers have to do the exact same thing before they learn?

Why learn? People buy them anyway.

Edit: Got up to do dishes before I replied. Beaten.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wish we lived in a world where a game releasing with basically completely random game-breaking bugs that will render dozens of hours of your free time wasted in 1 second was considered insulting and unacceptable. People will buy it even if you don't put any polish on it, but that doesn't mean that you're no longer obligated to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

XYZ posted:

This is how gaming works now. People are willing to buy games before they are even finished. Why fix everything when you can release buggy poo poo and just patch it later(maybe.)

Well you see, if you don't pre-order than the communists win. Also you don't get your free goku pre-order bonus skin.