Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Torgue's lines from tina's DLC, which I wasn't able to find anywhere either.

e: Whatever happens, "PLOT TWIST" must be one of his lines for a missed shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

LowellDND posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=628321798 This one? :confused:

Also, I keep wanting to try the 'active all pods', but it terrifies me everytime it procs :v:

I'm playing it on my new Commander+ Game. It's... fun. It feels like that's what it shoulda been, when an alert goes up the other enemies aren't supposed to ignore it. Still really early game, just picked up Mag Weapons, working on AWC, but it's pretty neat.

Kinda fearing the arrival of the Advent Sniper mod and the other higher level enemies, though.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigRed0427 posted:

The Experimental stuff in the proving grounds, since it's completely random what you get when you do it, is it possible to get two types of whatever there is for that project or do you only get one of each?

You get one of each, then it's completely random.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

oohhboy posted:

You get one of each, then it's completely random.

Not sure that's true. I kept getting AP rounds in one of my previous runs. Really annoying because I wanting dragon or viper.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I have discovered the best and worst things in XCOM 2, all in one mission.

Best: Grenading a muton and couple of ADVENT on a 3 story roof who fall straight down into viper poison gas.

Worst: Reinforcements dropping directly behind you while you're already engaged with 2 pods.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Away all Goats posted:

I have discovered the best and worst things in XCOM 2, all in one mission.

Best: Grenading a muton and couple of ADVENT on a 3 story roof who fall straight down into viper poison gas.

Worst: Reinforcements dropping directly behind you while you're already engaged with 2 pods.

The truly best: Reinforcements behind you and you have a hacked sectopod and mind controlled units ready to intercept.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

BenRGamer posted:

I'm playing it on my new Commander+ Game. It's... fun. It feels like that's what it shoulda been, when an alert goes up the other enemies aren't supposed to ignore it. Still really early game, just picked up Mag Weapons, working on AWC, but it's pretty neat.

Kinda fearing the arrival of the Advent Sniper mod and the other higher level enemies, though.

Ah, Im still playing at Commander :v: Working my way up.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Does the enemy purposely avoid attacking mind controlled/hacked units? I've seen troops run straight past a hacked MEC to shoot at one of my dudes. On the other hand, I had an Andromedon chassis run up and whomp up on a hacked turret, but those seem less intelligent than others.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Danaru posted:

Does the enemy purposely avoid attacking mind controlled/hacked units? I've seen troops run straight past a hacked MEC to shoot at one of my dudes. On the other hand, I had an Andromedon chassis run up and whomp up on a hacked turret, but those seem less intelligent than others.

They don't avoid them, no. Strange they ignored the mech, because those are usually ripe targets. A mind-controlled/hacked unit standing out in the open is usually a priority. Did they have a good shot on one of your xcom units?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
No, I had the MEC standing two tiles in front of the guy, between him and my troops who were all in cover. I was hoping they'd all zap the MEC so I could recover the corpse post mission and also not get my dudes shot at :saddowns: I never really tried it again since I assumed they were too smart until the Andromedon chassis went all Clobberin' Time on that turret.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm pretty sure they do prioritize shaken units though. I had a guy run past a dude standing in the open to take a shot at a shaken soldier in the back of my group.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Legendary is...well, loving me up quite a bit. I'm having a blast: each mission has a good chance of putting a soldier in medbay for a month, if not dead, and its nerve-racking as hell. I need to keep bringing rookies along just to keep bodies in the roster.

Still, I keep hoping there will be a breakthrough soon and I'll get my feet back underneath me, and then I'll need to install the enemy podsize mod or something. Or lose, whichever comes first. Right now though, it's a fantastic feeling.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Grapplejack posted:

I'm pretty sure they do prioritize shaken units though. I had a guy run past a dude standing in the open to take a shot at a shaken soldier in the back of my group.

That's kind of funny actually. "Hey rear end in a top hat remember us?"

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl

RBA Starblade posted:

That's kind of funny actually. "Hey rear end in a top hat remember us?"

Gotta bully the nerd of the group.

"Are you gonna cry? Huh? Are you gonna cry?!"

EvilSlug
Dec 5, 2004
Not crazy, just evil.

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I've got a bug where skulljacking doesn't show the actual interface, which means that if I attempt a skulljack, it just stands there looking at the character's wrist. Anyone know a way to handle that?

Edit: I hear it's actually a problem with one of my mods. I'll check it out when I can.
This can happen non-modded if you skulljack a dude on a roof/bridge and glitch down to street level. You get stuck in the scenery and can't see or click the UI element. If you hit your enter key it will automatically try to do the lower-level of the two available hacks and then magically return you to where you were originally standing.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Thanks for your goonpool soldier Coolguy, he dealt the final blow in my first commander mode run.

Things were going really well until the last rear end in a top hat I had to kill teleported away to the farthest corner, surrounded by dudes. Several turns and a huge clusterfuck later, I made it out. Only one casualty this campaign :toot:

Game got pretty buggy in the last room--a couple faceless ran up to a soldier then ran away instead of attacking, my grenadier bugged the gently caress out and couldn't launch anything past him own feet, and a Fuse missed (is this normally even possible? It blew up the muton's cover but did no damage).

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Digirat posted:

e: Whatever happens, "PLOT TWIST" must be one of his lines for a missed shot

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So I posted about this idea earlier, but now I've actually tried it and it seems to be working.

For my second campaign I've bumped up both XCOM and alien squad sizes, but I also wanted to mess with pod composition. I've mixed the normally split groups of terror/not-terror, so now Faceless, Chryssalids, and Berserkers can spawn in non-Terror missions. Further, the standard "boss" pool now includes Berserkers and Faceless, which were normally restricted to being Terror bosses. Then I've made all the instances that normally pull from these separate pools instead pull from this new omni-pool. So outside of "purely advent" pods, you can pretty much run into anything anywhere.
I'm debating scratching the "advent only" pool entirely, so you can have dropships loaded with faceless or vipers, or a reinforcement pod of chryssalids and andromedons or something. Haven't done that yet, but considering it.

Finally, I've added avatars to the boss pool as well. :unsmigghh:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
So, update on that activate all pods mod.

It makes the unmodded timer really friggin difficult because of all the fighting. Had to actually work for it in my last mission, though that one was a hostile VIP.

Ended up having to leave a stabilized troop behind because I forgot to pick 'er up and didn't have time to run back and get it--and still had a basic trooper firing overwatch shots at me for a couple of turns because I literally didn't have time to stop and kill them.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So this was a fun discovery.

Someone gets knocked unconscious by a stun lancer, and then gets targeted by Blazing Pinions. I hastily have someone carry away to a place I though was safe, but they get hit, either due to a chain reaction with exploding environmental objects, me underestimating the explosion size, or a graphical error preventing me from seeing the target location. Either way, they get set on fire.

Turns out, the ability to set someone down is one of the abilities disabled by fire.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
If a unit with a Stock has special ammo equipped, and misses - will the special ammo still cause status effect, like burning/poison?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Vib Rib posted:

For my second campaign I've bumped up both XCOM and alien squad sizes, but I also wanted to mess with pod composition. I've mixed the normally split groups of terror/not-terror, so now Faceless, Chryssalids, and Berserkers can spawn in non-Terror missions. Further, the standard "boss" pool now includes Berserkers and Faceless, which were normally restricted to being Terror bosses. Then I've made all the instances that normally pull from these separate pools instead pull from this new omni-pool. So outside of "purely advent" pods, you can pretty much run into anything anywhere.
I'm debating scratching the "advent only" pool entirely, so you can have dropships loaded with faceless or vipers, or a reinforcement pod of chryssalids and andromedons or something. Haven't done that yet, but considering it.

Finally, I've added avatars to the boss pool as well. :unsmigghh:

Neat! Ive been dealing with early Chrysalids with this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=631302779 but I would love to be seeing some Faceless on other maps. You posting the mixed pods mod somewhere? :D

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Uhhhhhhh ok well see ya

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
For the purposes of maximum delay on the Avatar Project counter, when the timer is counting down, is it better to target facilities with less or more completed blocks?

Right now I have a facility with 1 red block, and another with 3 red blocks. The one with 3 hasn't increased in AGES, so I'm wondering if that might be the limit each facility can do. In which case I'd rather take down the 1-block facility.

I'm just looking for which one will give me the most long-term delay (assuming I'll let the counter get to countdown again, and then stop it again).

I could easily knock everything down and finish the campaign (this is my second playthrough), but I'm having fun delaying things while I make my squad even more godlike.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

WhiteHowler posted:

For the purposes of maximum delay on the Avatar Project counter, when the timer is counting down, is it better to target facilities with less or more completed blocks?

Right now I have a facility with 1 red block, and another with 3 red blocks. The one with 3 hasn't increased in AGES, so I'm wondering if that might be the limit each facility can do. In which case I'd rather take down the 1-block facility.

I'm just looking for which one will give me the most long-term delay (assuming I'll let the counter get to countdown again, and then stop it again).

I could easily knock everything down and finish the campaign (this is my second playthrough), but I'm having fun delaying things while I make my squad even more godlike.

I've seen a faculty with four. They can definitely go past three.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Does reduce beginner VO actually turn off any VO? I'm getting sick of bradford telling me civs are getting massacred every other time one bites a bullet.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Uncle Jam posted:

Does reduce beginner VO actually turn off any VO? I'm getting sick of bradford telling me civs are getting massacred every other time one bites a bullet.

I believe the mod 'quiet bradford' works, and its also plugged into 'stop wasting my time'.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Well, I did it. I beat the XCOMs. I had to save-scum like crazy to do it but I've never beaten an XCOM campaign before so I'm pretty pumped.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

PantsBandit posted:

Well, I did it. I beat the XCOMs. I had to save-scum like crazy to do it but I've never beaten an XCOM campaign before so I'm pretty pumped.

Gratz!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Now do it without scum. :v:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

SynthOrange posted:

Now do it without scum. :v:

Never do it without scum :v:

Someone needs to make a strategy game like this where savescumming is worked into a literal mechanic to use within the game itself.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

BenRGamer posted:

Someone needs to make a strategy game like this where savescumming is worked into a literal mechanic to use within the game itself.

Planescape Torment :v:

Also, Ill go as far as Bronzemode. Ironman is just ridiculous :v:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I could see doing Commander ironman but I am barely making it through Legendary with some liberal beginning of combat saves and occasional round do over saves. Although I have a couple LTs and plasma grenades so things are slightly better now, but I still sigh heavily when I run into a huge pod. Like legendary is walking a fine line between game and work.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

LowellDND posted:

I believe the mod 'quiet bradford' works, and its also plugged into 'stop wasting my time'.

Unfortunately, that mod doesn't turn off VOs for stuff like "first appearance of new enemy", and neither does the Reduce Beginner VO option that you'd kinda think would do it!

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

My commander ironman run hasn't been too bad so far. I'm nearing the endgame and have lost 8 soldiers and 2 missions. Not looking forward to the final mission though.

Overall the hardest part of the run was the first chunk of the game where I basically lost my entire A-team over the course of a few missions. At least it's easy to train up rookies in the early game to replace your lost soldiers.

The GOP Delusion
Sep 10, 2010

The security of Israel is a moral imperative for all free peoples.

BenRGamer posted:

In Invisible Inc. the number of times you're allowed to savescum IS the difficulty level.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Dr Christmas posted:

So this was a fun discovery.

Someone gets knocked unconscious by a stun lancer, and then gets targeted by Blazing Pinions. I hastily have someone carry away to a place I though was safe, but they get hit, either due to a chain reaction with exploding environmental objects, me underestimating the explosion size, or a graphical error preventing me from seeing the target location. Either way, they get set on fire.

I think that units who are knocked unconscious are always considered to be in the tile they were laying down in, even if they're picked up and being carried halfway across the map.

So yeah, you can't actually pick someone up and carry them away from an impending explosion.

Dr Christmas posted:

Turns out, the ability to set someone down is one of the abilities disabled by fire.

Now that's just comedy gold.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The Alan Patridge voice mod is disappointing, he just says "I've got a girlfriend" and not much else.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Dee Ehm posted:

I think that units who are knocked unconscious are always considered to be in the tile they were laying down in, even if they're picked up and being carried halfway across the map.

So yeah, you can't actually pick someone up and carry them away from an impending explosion.

You can, but only if you put them down before it actually explodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr Christmas posted:

Their flesh melted together in a loving embrace.