Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Is he actually german himself? I thought his first language was English. If he is German, then his accent is super slight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FauxGateau posted:

PC Master race.

Now all we need is Bison in a Cammy outfit.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Man Whore posted:

Is he actually german himself? I thought his first language was English. If he is German, then his accent is super slight.

He's actually Jamaican

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Man Whore posted:

All I've gathered from various videos is that he lives in Berlin now but his family lives in the U.S. and he lived in New England long enough to complain about picking up an accent. Then again Franz isn't a typical U.S. name so maybe they emigrated or something.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

DumbparameciuM posted:

Probably because he's German but his english is good enough (and his accent null enough) that the differences in his verbiage and cadence are very subtle. I would contrast with a video from a german LP'er called Bismarck who also speaks excellent english but has a much stronger German accent.
You'll notice some similarities in cadence between Bismarck and AGS but I bet Bismarck irritates you less because he sounds more Chermann. If that's still not it, racism? :laffo:

I know the difficulty of speaking a second language in casual conversation, it's a lot harder to have your personality come across when you have to think about how to speak. And getting/telling jokes is probably the hardest thing to learn, linguistically.

I think Spy is German born but spent a lot of his childhood in the USA, which is why he has next to no accent. These problems can still come up even if he is fully bilingual, if German is his preferred language.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So the folks in Japan heard that Team Four Star's channel was (temporarily) taken down and made this in honor of them, I'm sure.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So the folks in Japan heard that Team Four Star's channel was (temporarily) taken down and made this in honor of them, I'm sure.

Note that there's a little rumble pack in the base so you can make Vegeta "tremble with the humilation of defeat":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD_Amo5T0DE

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Okay pat is loving wrong about dbz super, the current arc is loving awesome.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
DBZ Super is the semi-remake of DBZ that's way uglier and much more poorly animated than the original DBZ right? Because it's Not Good.

E: Oh wait no, it's more of an uglier, poorly animated sequel. Amazing how much worse it looks than a show that started in 1989

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 29, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

DBZ Super is the semi-remake of DBZ that's way uglier and much more poorly animated than the original DBZ right? Because it's Not Good.

E: Oh wait no, it's more of an uglier, poorly animated sequel. Amazing how much worse it looks than a show that started in 1989

look, it's one of those guys that doesn't remember what Dragonball Z looked like

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
He's also wrong on the basic premise of this arc: they seem to be fighting alternate universe counterparts to their villains and a saiyan, the small green man with massive nipples is the strongest person in Goku's universe and this is all so Beerus can beat his alternate-universe brother in a competition because this brother of his wants to take earth for himself and eat all the tasty stuff we make.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/dollenrm/status/704064897496309760
https://mobile.twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/704084850568011776

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Rodyle posted:

look, it's one of those guys that doesn't remember what Dragonball Z looked like

Like, at least DBZ's basic art style looked alright and unique, this looks like it was pulled of Deviantart.

E: LOOK AT THOSE ELBOWS

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Honestly dodging the worst of the bugs in XCOM 2 is solved by just playing honestman instead of ironman.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Like, at least DBZ's basic art style looked alright and unique, this looks like it was pulled of Deviantart.

Rodyle posted:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

that second shot is from a game, though there is a lot of QUALITY in super, same as there was in the original series.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Art by Deviant Art
Elbows by WalmArt

e:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
It's also becoming increasingly evident that the alternate universe is the "good" one.

EDIT:

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 29, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Watching kai has taught me that Dragonball Z consistently looked like complete dog poo poo for much longer periods of time than super

And that Dragon ball z is a terrible adaptation of a good manga

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Monaghan posted:

that second shot is from a game, though there is a lot of QUALITY in super, same as there was in the original series.

DBZ looks very QUALITY all tge time but I loving hate how Super looks. The outlines are too thin and every clip I've seen looks super low budget in a different, worse way than DBZ does.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Dragonball Super is awesome now that it is out of the movie recaps (and the Ressurection F recap was pretty good from what I hear).

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DBZ looks very QUALITY all tge time but I loving hate how Super looks. The outlines are too thin and every clip I've seen looks super low budget in a different, worse way than DBZ does.

Ah, it wasn't on when you were 12 you say...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Rodyle posted:

Ah, it wasn't on when you were 12 you say...

Please kindly shove it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
To be honest, my favorite part of Super is how much it makes GT non-canon, like Battle of the Gods already did that but I have one friend who liked GT and kept saying it was still canon, so it was nice seeing every other week something else that discredited GT and him going "that could still not mean anything..." until he gave up with the kaioshin defusing.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

To be honest, my favorite part of Super is how much it makes GT non-canon, like Battle of the Gods already did that but I have one friend who liked GT and kept saying it was still canon, so it was nice seeing every other week something else that discredited GT and him going "that could still not mean anything..." until he gave up with the kaioshin defusing.

also super is good while Gt sucked, so thank got it's non-cannon.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Super looks on par with DBZ when it comes to art, the thing that feels kinda rushed is the coloring and shading. It's like they only had time to do flats before deadline.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the thing is dbz had plenty of scenes where the art wasn't hosed up but every single still of super looks bad in some way

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dias posted:

It's like they only had time to do flats before deadline.

Blockhouse posted:

the thing is dbz had plenty of scenes where the art wasn't hosed up but every single still of super looks bad in some way

Exactly

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
but it's also a situation where "well just draw better!" or "throw more money at it!" isn't a solution

in fact thanks to the state of the anime industry there pretty much is no solution

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
All anime is bad.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

in fact thanks to the state of the anime industry there pretty much is no solution

There are non-bad looking anime, from Toei itself even.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ApeHawk posted:

All anime is bad.
This is not true. But all of your posting is, indeed, bad.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I've only recently started following these guys, and I'm clearly missing something because all of you are talking about XCOM episode 5 which does not seem to exist in any place that I've looked. I want to watch gross incompetence and mission failure screens, and I want to watch it now

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Vargs posted:

I've only recently started following these guys, and I'm clearly missing something because all of you are talking about XCOM episode 5 which does not seem to exist in any place that I've looked. I want to watch gross incompetence and mission failure screens, and I want to watch it now

Episodes get posted on Vessel first

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Link in case you didn't have it.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

does Invictus make giant anime effortposts in this thread too, or is that a Giant Bomb thread special exclusive

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Vargs posted:

does Invictus make giant anime effortposts in this thread too

All the time

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Monaghan posted:

Okay pat is loving wrong about dbz super, the current arc is loving awesome.
I have no clue how he thinks the actual main plot of the series is somehow a filler arc???

Blockhouse posted:

but it's also a situation where "well just draw better!" or "throw more money at it!" isn't a solution

The Blu-Rays that have come out so far actually bothered to fix the animation in certain places.

Vargs posted:

does Invictus make giant anime effortposts in this thread too, or is that a Giant Bomb thread special exclusive
If you value your time do not mention OnePiece.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

HGH posted:

I have no clue how he thinks the actual main plot of the series is somehow a filler arc???

I assume he doesn't even watch Dragon Ball Super and just sort of half read about it on twitter or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

cmykjester posted:

Soooooo who wants to take bets for how long until the first death in Final Fantasy X?
Hahahahaha