Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Average Bear posted:

Yeah but its the 20th anniversary and they said something like "all generations coming together". I can dream.

Also just got yellow for 3ds :D

It'd kick rear end if it happened but that'd be a gigantic game

I'll believe it when i see it

qnqnx posted:

Pikachu loving SUCKS!

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Only two balls left in Viridian forest

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I just accidentally made pikachu forget thunder shock. Lol gently caress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

In 2 and a half hours there is a segment called "future of pokemon" on this stream: http://www.twitch.tv/Pokemon

What did this end up being

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

Nothing. right now they're streaming a marathon of every pokemon movie over here http://www.twitch.tv/twitchwatchespokemon

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Besides the Jynx color change and the animation changes on attacks to prevent seizures, is there anything else that was changed with the RBY VC release?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

I think the only thing is they implied Pokemon S&M isn't the last generation. People thought that was the case

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Nothing. right now they're streaming a marathon of every pokemon movie over here http://www.twitch.tv/twitchwatchespokemon

Im impressed that 60k people are tuned to watch and spam twitch emotes whenever a pokemon does a move.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

I think the only thing is they implied Pokemon S&M isn't the last generation. People thought that was the case

Why in the world would pokemon ever end.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Slur posted:

Besides the Jynx color change and the animation changes on attacks to prevent seizures, is there anything else that was changed with the RBY VC release?

The cable club is local wireless now, and you can play the surfing pikachu mini game in yellow without teaching pikachu surf. Nothing else

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

Why in the world would pokemon ever end.

It can't

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Average Bear posted:

The cable club is local wireless now, and you can play the surfing pikachu mini game in yellow without teaching pikachu surf. Nothing else

If it goes down to $5 CAD, I'm sold.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not gonna lie I was excited to play red on my ds

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Twitch watches pokemon is watching pokemon origins rn, goes great with rby gaming

e: https://www.twitch.tv/twitchwatchespokemon

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 28, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have a Wartortle now. I forgot how much of a pain in the rear end mt moon is.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

I have a Wartortle now. I forgot how much of a pain in the rear end mt moon is.

yeah im there too. it suuuucks

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I'm now levelling my team equally, which is a complete 180 from my original playthrough. Exp share has spoiled me and made me weak. Time to put my grinding skills from Dragon Quest IV/V to good use.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Dragon Quest taught me to love grinding and made me a more powerful gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

I'm now levelling my team equally, which is a complete 180 from my original playthrough. Exp share has spoiled me and made me weak. Time to put my grinding skills from Dragon Quest IV/V to good use.

I was always an equal opportunity leveler. It was horrifying to me to see my friends copy had his starter to level like 80 and tht was it. What in the hell are you doing

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I was always an equal opportunity leveler. It was horrifying to me to see my friends copy had his starter to level like 80 and tht was it. What in the hell are you doing

That's pretty powerful, assuming you were a young kid at the time. I was 11 and was dumb as hell. I did have some backup pokes by the time I reached Elite 4, but it was mostly my insanely powerful Venusaur that killed them all. How did I manage this? I don't know. None of my friends could get through the Elite 4 themselves. I had to clone my Mewtwo to their games so they could do it. A clone army of Mewtwos, wreaking havoc. Chaos reigns.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

my Mewtwo was named Maximus after the badass gladiator in the badass movie, Gladiator. red/blue was released in fall 1999 in EU. Gladiator came out spring 2000 and i had the movie on vhs, so i must have captured mewtwo around a year after release. what a journey.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have no idea how I had the patience to do this but I had a party of 6 level 100s eventually. I played one billion hours of that game.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I have no idea how I had the patience to do this but I had a party of 6 level 100s eventually. I played one billion hours of that game.

this... is a true Pokémon Master

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually thinking about it I must have just used the Missingno rare candy infinite glitch

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Remember to keep that one trainer west of nugget bridge around to get mews/version exclusives. Gen 1 glitches ftw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is that trick repeatable?

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

In Training posted:

i was the kind of stupid where I believed all of those poke god rumors and so I beat the elite 4 about 40 times in silver version with a level 100 typhlosion. he could one shot everything with either cut or flamethrower except for the rock guy's onix. i was 10

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I believed every rumor as a kid as well. Hell some of them ended up true

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

In Training posted:

Is that trick repeatable?

Yeah, as long as you don't fight that one trainer. There's a way to get any pokemon with it using dittos or something.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I remember printing off some step by step process in tomb raider psx that involved navigating a hedge maze and standing in front of a grandfather clock that I believed would unlock the coveted nude mode.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can has warturtle.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

I remember printing off some step by step process in tomb raider psx that involved navigating a hedge maze and standing in front of a grandfather clock that I believed would unlock the coveted nude mode.

90s gaming game rumors were the best. should make a thread for em

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

a forty year old woman at the gas station told me today that she didn't like pikachu's redesign. a cool mom

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Exploring the mew glitch some more. Doing it on the second trainer in mistys gym nets a staryu. Cool!

Also this is really cool music:

https://loudr.fm/release/pokemon-reorchestrated-kanto-symphony/ytsMr

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh did the pokemon symphony not come to your town :smug:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

you haven't lived until you've heard a theatre full of nerds try to mumble along to kiseki

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

As a Millennial I posted:

you haven't lived until you've heard a theatre full of nerds try to mumble along to kiseki

gamecube is truly living the gamers high life

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mister GameCube? Your table at the Pokemon symphonium is ready.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oh did the pokemon symphony not come to your town :smug:

• Locked thread