Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Stuff like this always makes me wonder what percentage of our fiction/literature would be lost forever if characters were forced to allow each other to explain themselves when situations like these arise. It's constantly happening in good and bad fiction alike, especially if you include "I have a huge secret and I could fix everything in the first five pages if I reveal it right away but I'll hold onto it until everybody's doomed or dead because I don't want you to think poorly of me."

Radio Patrol

Again: These are a-bombs. Just casually exploding a-bombs in people's faces just because it's 1946 and that's how we do.

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (February 3, 1951)

Barnaby (July 11, 1942)

Nancy (March 20, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (December 1, 1928)

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 29, 1928)

Peanuts: Year Four (May 13-16, 1954)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

This is the best thing I've ever seen.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

This is the best thing I've ever seen.

Reggie is looking for any reason to go over there.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Is anyone else having issues with some images not loading right?

EDIT: Everything's showing okay now. Must have been my ISP.

Reminds me of this:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 28, 2016

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
What? I thought the Queen specifically owned all dolphins caught (or washed up dead) near England's shore. Did this guy ask permission before he literally ate the Queen's lunch? Because that'd be a terrible thing to go to prison over.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Trilobite posted:

What? I thought the Queen specifically owned all dolphins caught (or washed up dead) near England's shore. Did this guy ask permission before he literally ate the Queen's lunch? Because that'd be a terrible thing to go to prison over.

I thought that was swans.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 28, 2016

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I appreciate that they're touching on at least one of the reasons Uber is poo poo. A normal yellow cab is designed so that the vomit will wash right out, your 95 Subaru Outback is not.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The abject disgust of the entire cast for coconut flavour has always been one of the more baffling recurring elements in Peanuts to me.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Of course, the advantage of living alone is that you can decide to ignore all that stuff.

Pros and Cons

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

My Lovely Horse posted:

The abject disgust of the entire cast for coconut flavour has always been one of the more baffling recurring elements in Peanuts to me.

He probably got thinking about the texture of shredded coconut a little bit too much one day. Because that's how it happened to me.

Peanuts (March 2, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

GO FOR THE THROAT.

Crankshaft

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Ah it's been a while, old avatar of mine.

Again, thanks for posting these, it's lovely to see a flow of Moomin into the thread again.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

mastersord posted:

I thought that was swans.
It's swans and "royal fish" (sturgeon, whales, porpoises).

I'd say it was the British equivalent of those antiquated laws in the US about not letting donkeys wear hats in church or whatever, but apparently a guy got arrested in 2004 for catching and selling a sturgeon, so someone over there is taking it seriously.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Trilobite posted:

It's swans and "royal fish" (sturgeon, whales, porpoises).

I'd say it was the British equivalent of those antiquated laws in the US about not letting donkeys wear hats in church or whatever, but apparently a guy got arrested in 2004 for catching and selling a sturgeon, so someone over there is taking it seriously.

We all do.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

We are capable of so much more than we achieve. Just Imagine Comix.

See, that's the difference between dogs and humans. To put a human into catatonia like that, you'd have to remind them of that thing they said in front of a hundred people back in high school.

Ballard Street

Annie isn't going to let her experience be lessened by some flimsy folding chair, and I respect that.

Lost Side of Suburbia

It was actually a pretty good speech. A bit like the one at the end of The Great Dictator, but with a lot more denouncing of puns and some really strong imagery of a tentacle caught in the gears of an ice cream machine.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

I like that last one.

Mary Worth

I'll be rooting for you! Not to accomplish anything in particular, just generally "rooting"!

It's finally ending. Next week will hopefully just be recap where she goes to the Bum Boat with that guy she constantly rejects.

Rex Morgan MD

A wild character approaches!

Secret Agent X-9

He seems too old to be this dumb.

Apartment 3-G

Hey, it's the whole "not letting someone explain" thing like in Classic Phantom! This whole angry outburst could have been avoided had LuAnn acted like a normal person and came in and said "Hey, Web told me *this*. Is that accurate, Margo, one of my best friends?" But, that would make for boring reading, and we wouldn't have these great angry LuAnn drawings!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oh hey, the baking hobo prophesy in Mary Worth hasn't come true yet.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Anybody gonna snag that little in-set panel as an avatar?

Outland

Ripley's

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
gently caress yeah! Probably like the equivalent of a white buffalo.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (March 1, 1969)

Linus, I got some bad news for you about how the apostle Paul might have felt about women teachers...

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

This is one of my favorites. "DROP THAT WEINER!" Thanks for posting Outland.

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Gay and Her Gang (click for big)

http://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/euclid posted:

Numerology
SoulUrge Number: 8
People with this name have a deep inner desire to lead, organize, supervise, and to achieve status, power and wealth.

Expression Number: 9
People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

And to add some fun to Sunday - some random Banana Oil! (click for bigger)

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

This seems pretty unethical.

Slammy posted:

Outbusts of Everett True

:swoon:

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

So... I guess that's it then?

Prince Valiant

I'm willing to buy quite a lot of silly business in Prince Valiant, but expecting me to believe that that horse survived falling off a cliff is just too much.

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

This feels like an ending too, but this storyline only started last Sunday. That would be pretty ridiculous.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

This has always been one of my favorites.

And this has me cracking up like a fool

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 06/07/15

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

The next week's worth of strips will be these nothing but these two talking about what Godiva will do when she finally arrives in town.

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

TOBY

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Can someone TL:DR me up a summary of what's happening in TOBY up to this point?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

The next week's worth of strips will be these nothing but these two talking about what Godiva will do when she finally arrives in town.

Is it my imagination or is the art different? The shading looks all crosshatched and stippled. Kind of pop-arty. But maybe it's been that way for a while and I didn't notice.

quote:

9 Chickweed Lane

Isabel is constantly horny due to her hot Latin blood. I mean, all the women in this comic are constantly horny, but because Isabel is Latina she's even MORE horny and Brooke has to write her as a borderline rapist to set her apart.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Tunicate posted:

Oh hey, the baking hobo prophesy in Mary Worth hasn't come true yet.
Holy crap, you're right. I guess it will come to pass while she's on her way home, or soon afterwards. This might be the first time we see someone literally phone in the praise for the obligatory Mary Worth victory lap!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Peanuts (March 3, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (November 7-8, 1928)

Thimble Theater (September 17, 1929)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Inspector Danger

Deep Dark Fears

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Johnny Aztec posted:

Can someone TL:DR me up a summary of what's happening in TOBY up to this point?

After being absent for a few months the strip has recently rebooted with a new art style. The protagonist, Morris Gumboot, has just woken up from an 8-year sleep and is reconnecting with his old life, including his robot roommate TOBY. In the past TOBY was evil (the strip is alternately called "TOBY, Robot Satan") but it remains to be seen whether this is still the case. He seems to have given up his signature viking helmet which now hangs behind the bar where Morris worked.

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Wallace the Brave

TOBY

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

The gently caress is this art? Oh, apparently Adams is away working on a movie. For a month. So we get a month of this weirdness, four different people, one each week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Someone saw that Superbowl commercial, I guess.

quote:

Dilbert

The gently caress is this art? Oh, apparently Adams is away working on a movie. For a month. So we get a month of this weirdness, four different people, one each week.
I honestly thought you drew it.

• Locked thread