Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

yo for real where did the mayor lose his shorts, it's the end of summer and i'm DONE looking for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Indecisive posted:

yo for real where did the mayor lose his shorts, it's the end of summer and i'm DONE looking for them

Marnie's bedroom.

Also, I'm loving the game but I really wish there was someone at the GOG offices during the weekend for patch support. Steam's on 1.03 and while GOG hasn't pushed out a singe update.

Khorne posted:

There is a literal seed machine. No idea what level it requires.

It doesn't work with fruit from trees and wild stuff. But, it might work with ancient fruit if that's what you are getting at. Pretty sure it works with star fruit.

Level 9 Farming

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Feb 29, 2016

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The speed increases in 1.03 fix my major problem with this game. So much better moving around now.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Fans posted:

The speed increases in 1.03 fix my major problem with this game. So much better moving around now.

yeah, i'm glad the speed was buffed. the time in a day already felt 'right' to whatever degree, but player movement has less to do with game flow and more just feeling good to actually control.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
yeah that was a good change. oh my god.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Spaced God posted:

New build:

The scarecrow change is a fucker, but I can live with it.

The rest is great.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
I'm just dying to know what creepy old sailor in the rain is trying to sell me

Also I did restart, and this time when I hit level 1 farming I didn't learn the scarecrow recipe. I wonder if that's related to the change. gently caress.

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Feb 29, 2016

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So a hobo taught me how to make sashimi, and I just caught a pufferfish...

who do I murder?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So apparently months in this game are not 30 days long.

I don't know how I missed that detail considering how many times I looked at the calendar

My tool upgrading schedule is no longer optimized :saddowns:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

is there a way to discreetly murder that jojacorp guy and make it look like an accident. is that something the junimos do if you fill out enough bundles.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Wait so assuming scarecrows are centered like sprinklers, is that a 17x17? Or is it more like a diamond?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

The White Dragon posted:

Wait so assuming scarecrows are centered like sprinklers, is that a 17x17 area or an 8x8 one?

17x17. The old area was, uh, admittedly a bit bonkers.

RIP some of my wood stockpile right before winter, though.

Edit: Emalde, are you QUITE SURE? I'm almost positive my previous scarecrows had a RADIUS of twenty.

(and radius of 4 is extraordinarily dinky-rear end)

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 29, 2016

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

The White Dragon posted:

Wait so assuming scarecrows are centered like sprinklers, is that a 17x17 area or an 8x8 one?

8x8 herp im dum

Gibbo posted:

The thing to get married with.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 29, 2016

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

inthesto posted:

So apparently months in this game are not 30 days long.

I don't know how I missed that detail considering how many times I looked at the calendar

My tool upgrading schedule is no longer optimized :saddowns:

Better restart.

I can't find the old videos but I'm pretty sure the mines have changed drastically from the early concepts. You used to be able to tunnel through soft earth and torch placement was more important, right now there is only a 5 level segment of the mine that needs light.

Edit:

My least productive weekend on record, my god.

Demiurge4 fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 29, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

Better restart.

I can't find the old videos but I'm pretty sure the mines have changed drastically from the early concepts. You used to be able to tunnel through soft earth and torch placement was more important, right now there is only a 5 level segment of the mine that needs light.

And you'll probably get a ring that acts as a tiny torch! :toot:

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Crisis averted. Just made a minor (unimportant) discovery about skills. They can level up in the middle of the day, so you can look at your stats and be like "I didn't get X level rewards. Why do I have it".

So the level indicator rolls over as soon as you get it (with no notification), but you don't get the rewards until you sleep. Seems a little strange to me, but minor in the grand scheme of things.

Emalde posted:

The thing to get married with.

I was even considering adding a "don't actually tell me" after that. Glad it's nothing cool or gamechanging.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

1.03's movement fixes might have introduced a new bug with event scenes.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/0/405692758720223992/

I triggered the same event with Abigail while shopping at Pierre's and my character was stuck running into a wall.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Gyoru posted:

I triggered the same event with Abigail while shopping at Pierre's and my character was stuck running into a wall.

Yep, just walked right out stage left during one of Penny's events. :negative:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I found this review. This site is a little click bait sometimes but it seems a little better than the pcgamer "review".

http://www.gameskinny.com/bpkbl/stardew-valley-review-oh-my-parsnips

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Gibbo posted:

Also I did restart, and this time when I hit level 1 farming I didn't learn the scarecrow recipe. I wonder if that's related to the change. gently caress.

It's the equivalent of the Blue Feather.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wonder if i should upgrade my axe or pick to steel first. i assume steel axe will be able to cut those logs, one of which blocks off that forest to the west of the wizard, i think? and i vaguely saw somewhere that a rock blocks the access to someone and i assume a steel pick can get that.

i figure i can't go wrong, either way

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I assume with the existence of pickles that there are cucumbers in this game?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Tired Moritz posted:

I assume with the existence of pickles that there are cucumbers in this game?

Not as far as I know, you just pickle everything.

Pickled corn? Sure, why the gently caress not.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Chantilly Say posted:

much like the real world

:colbert:

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Gyoru posted:

Yeah, I restarted (don't judge me!) earlier, and I had to skip the scene with the kids at the sewer because my character got stuck running.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Chantilly Say posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYey8ntlK_E

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Pickled peppers, I'm totally into making obviously. I'm gonna plant a ton of peppers in Summer Y2. Right now I'm just pumping out blackberry preserves to work through this stockpile and build up a gift stash.

I just hit winter and I'm so tantalizingly close to finishing a whole room of bundles from the community center. I'm so excited about magical fairy renovations!!!

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
There was just another patch rolling back the diagonal movement speed since it was breaking events.

quote:

New Build -- 1.03
Fixed a variety of issues, and made some changes/additions!

Edit: Diagonal movement speed fix temporarily removed again, not working properly in events.

Gameplay Additions/Changes:
The cooking menu now looks for items in your refrigerator as well as your inventory.
Scarecrow range reduce to 8 tiles radius.

The price of mayonnaise and other artisan animal products now increased by the rancher profession.
Once you befriend someone to 2 hearts, their room is permanently unlocked, even if you go below 2 hearts again.

Bug Fixes
Fixed duplicate item issue in the mines.
Ladders should no longer spawn underneath the player, locking them in place.
Fixed problems with the Community Center menu. You can now throw items down and delete them ('delete' key) in the Community Center menu.
Fixed item quality exploit.
You can now throw items down while in the crafting menu.
If you destroy the stable, you can now rebuild it.
Spa won't recharge you while the game is paused (e.g. steam overlay up).
Fixed problems with the Stardew Valley Fair fishing game.
Various stability fixes.

Edit: scrolling through Community Center tabs fixed.

Hope you had a nice weekend, everyone!

-ConcernedApe

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Does that mean that all the different types of jams and pickles technically are the same item?

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Feb 29, 2016

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

grrarg posted:

There was just another patch rolling back the diagonal movement speed since it was breaking events.

And I was just about to post about how wonderful the change was :negative:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Spring is just two days away and I'm loving ready! Sprinklers have been made and set up, huge tracts of land have been cleared and I'm gonna make jam, beer and booze enough to supply one American diner. I've pretty much decided that all longterm crops will go under the sprinklers, the one-time harvest stuff will be done by hand. I'm gonna keep a healthy stockpile of everything around so I can cook stuff year round, this is gonna be good :3:

I should also get the luxury coop for ducks and the barn for goats and sheep. I'm honestly not happy about that part of the upgrade system though because ideally I'd just want one barn and one coop but I'll need to have 4 plus the slime thing if I don't want to demolish my old barn and coop.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Man, wine takes like forever

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

How long does it take to build the coop? She's been working for days on it!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

Spring is just two days away and I'm loving ready! Sprinklers have been made and set up, huge tracts of land have been cleared and I'm gonna make jam, beer and booze enough to supply one American diner. I've pretty much decided that all longterm crops will go under the sprinklers, the one-time harvest stuff will be done by hand. I'm gonna keep a healthy stockpile of everything around so I can cook stuff year round, this is gonna be good :3:

I should also get the luxury coop for ducks and the barn for goats and sheep. I'm honestly not happy about that part of the upgrade system though because ideally I'd just want one barn and one coop but I'll need to have 4 plus the slime thing if I don't want to demolish my old barn and coop.

Good news! Turns out the luxury coop is an upgrade to the regular coop.

I know, I was surprised too.

Same space, double the capacity, plus incubator and ducks. :getin:

(I upgraded it in mid-fall, which is where I am right now, to aid the Mayonnaise Economic Empire.)

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Your Computer posted:

And I was just about to post about how wonderful the change was :negative:

i mean, the character should still be faster overall.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Good news! Turns out the luxury coop is an upgrade to the regular coop.

I know, I was surprised too.

Same space, double the capacity, plus incubator and ducks. :getin:

gently caress yes!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

gently caress yes!

Which reminds me, I need to purchase a duckling.

Edit: Also, other than the incubator, it's actually more economically appropriate to build more basic coops, unless ducks are somehow made of magic, which I won't rule out.

And the incubator is Kind Of A Big Deal. Chuck in a 100g* egg, it turns into an 1800g chicken.

* - Assuming you have mayonnaise machines, which you should, because otherwise what the hell are you doing?

Double edit: Yeah, unless ducks own or you just straight up go with one chicken/duck -> deluxe coop -> incubator, it's a better idea to build a new coop, I think. Maximum benefit from incubator is 1800x4, which is less than the cost of the upgrade, no?

Or unless you're pressed for space, which is... not really a concern.

Triple edit: The heater is a thing, which makes it a lot closer. Okay, maybe with extra duck magic it works.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 29, 2016

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Double edit: Yeah, unless ducks own or you just straight up go with one chicken/duck -> deluxe coop -> incubator, it's a better idea to build a new coop, I think. Maximum benefit from incubator is 1800x4, which is less than the cost of the upgrade, no?

According to the ever-informative wiki, duck mayonnaise sells for 200G at minimum, while gold star regular mayo sells for 150.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

According to the ever-informative wiki, duck mayonnaise sells for 200G at minimum, while gold star regular mayo sells for 150.

So slowly phase out Regular Chickens and replace them with Amphibious Alien Chickens. Got it.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Feb 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Ducks only give eggs every other day as opposed to every day which Chickens though I think