Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

At first I was confused, "why was this so appreciated on Imgur?" Then I read on and realised that it was on the expense of the black people they show their support for the natives.

Never change, Imgur....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The bitching about reposts on imgur is usually overblown, but jesus christ:

All of those are exactly the same gifs/pictures, just with different captions. And this is on the front page, where you'd think stuff would have been filtered a little.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Perestroika posted:

All of those are exactly the same gifs/pictures, just with different captions. And this is on the front page, where you'd think stuff would have been filtered a little.

And on your first day on the internet you also registered for an account here

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I dreaded this day for a long time. Not because I don't like Leo, he's fine. But because his rabid fans on 9gag, Reddit and the rest of the places would flip the gently caress out and be unbelievably obnoxious about it.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

BigglesSWE posted:

I dreaded this day for a long time. Not because I don't like Leo, he's fine. But because his rabid fans on 9gag, Reddit and the rest of the places would flip the gently caress out and be unbelievably obnoxious about it.

Why not just...not go to those places for a while?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Why not just...not go to those places for a while?

I won't, but I'll still take my chance to splerg some hate on them whenever I can.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Why is the second one in a dump of racist poo poo?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Why is the second one in a dump of racist poo poo?

There's a few of those that seem like they were made by people making actual jokes. I assume yellowjo is one of those people who thinks "If I laugh at both racist and not racist things, that means I am not racist and can just take jokes, unlike those oversensitive people who always complain."

Also LOL at the first one confusing a Sikh for a Muslim, then a bit down a Sikh who needs a sign because of ignorance like that. Haha, who cares if it's spreading wrong information? It's just a joke!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

This one was reprinted onto a greeting card, which my old boss bought, thought was hilarious and showed to every customer she could find, all while she had a large "JE SUIS CHARLIE" sign behind her. Man, does this bring up unpleasant memories.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Well you see, the Paris attacks showed everyone that moslems are terrorist nutbags and can and SHOULD always be frowned upon. When was the last time a right-wing nazi did anything like that??

What's that? Breivik? Well he acted in national self defence, so he clearly wasn't a terrorist. More like the Norweigan government that forced his hand, amirite?

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

over under on him being 1/64th cherokee. When ever someone says they are a native american and uses that stock photo my eyes do a backflip i roll them so hard.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

snergle posted:

over under on him being 1/64th cherokee. When ever someone says they are a native american and uses that stock photo my eyes do a backflip i roll them so hard.

I give him less credit and assume he's 100% white and knows it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

snergle posted:

I'm a quarter and rarely mention it, he's definitely 0 percent native american.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I give him less credit and assume he's 100% white and knows it.

I agree he is probably 100% white. I meant he claims he is 1/64 cherokee. Probably because cherokee is the only tribe he knows and 1/64 is the lowest amount you can claim before everyone makes jerk off motions in your face when you say it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This isn't even a meme face how am I supposed to take this issue seriously? :laffo:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

quote:

As a Native American. I'm sick of this poo poo. Hollywood has never apologized for the racism they've portrayed and encouraged towards natives over the years. I want black people to just loving stop. Your race was not all but wiped out by murder and disease. Your land was not stolen. Boo hoo you weren't nominated for oscars. At least you have a homeland to go to if you want. Just stahp.

Africa, a land untouched by white imperialists.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

snergle posted:

When I went through their submitted images to see if they were a real account, I found out he is actually a she. Still a lot of misplaced anger.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

http://imgur.com/gallery/LmExf

This is the woman in question.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Why does imgur have such a massive boner for Leonardo DiCaprio?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Rambling Robot posted:

Why does imgur have such a massive boner for Leonardo DiCaprio?

I thought it was just funny because he has such a history of Oscar bait movies, yet keeps not winning?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

I thought it was just funny because he has such a history of Oscar bait movies, yet keeps not winning?

yeah, but who cares but 13 year old imgur users?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Rambling Robot posted:

yeah, but who cares but 13 year old imgur users?

So... The question I was responding to has been answered then?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kazil posted:

The classic light features of the Native American people.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

So... The question I was responding to has been answered then?

yes, hitler tea kettle

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Rambling Robot posted:

yes, hitler tea kettle

HTTP error 418

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Is Imgur still going to bitch about how no one cares about male sexual assault victims now that Vice President Joe Biden spoke about male sexual assault victims at the Oscars? And some of the people on stage for Lady Gaga's performance were guys?

No one cares, right? Give me internet points.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

Is Imgur still going to bitch about how no one cares about male sexual assault victims now that Vice President Joe Biden spoke about male sexual assault victims at the Oscars? And some of the people on stage for Lady Gaga's performance were guys?

"Just a minute; gotta get to this first..."

http://imgur.com/gallery/0UuQm90

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

e: wrong thread

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

kazil posted:

Gaunab posted:

When I went through their submitted images to see if they were a real account, I found out he is actually a she. Still a lot of misplaced anger.

Glow in the dark milk looking motherfucker who sucks at putting on lipstick and 1/64th cherokee

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

blarzgh posted:

All that and no mention of the "daddy stitch."

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

kazil posted:

Africa, a land untouched by white imperialists.

This is actually kind of awe-inspiring. I have never seen someone so obviously misdirect their anger.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

cash crab posted:

This is actually kind of awe-inspiring. I have never seen someone so obviously misdirect their anger.

When I saw that, it immediately reminded me of this:

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Wait they looked at that article and didn't realise it was clickbait designed to piss you off?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Solice Kirsk posted:

The classic light features of the Native American people.

But Natives can be light skinned? That person could easily be 100% native from those pictures.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Picnic Princess posted:

When I saw that, it immediately reminded me of this:

LOL. Oh, no. That poor person.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

blarzgh posted:

Jezebel is terrible and I'm sure that article is awful but despite the cringeworthy term "birth rape," a lot of women are in fact traumatized during their birth by medical professionals who perform procedures including but not limited to vaginal exams without their consent. It's illegal and it's traumatic and unfortunately it happens all the drat time. I've never seen anyone put in a "daddy stitch" but I have seen lots of situations where "No" is met with "I have to," not with a respectful conversation. (I'm not talking about emergencies here; I'm talking about situations where there is definitely time to get informed consent.)

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Dogfish posted:

Jezebel is terrible and I'm sure that article is awful but despite the cringeworthy term "birth rape," a lot of women are in fact traumatized during their birth by medical professionals who perform procedures including but not limited to vaginal exams without their consent. It's illegal and it's traumatic and unfortunately it happens all the drat time. I've never seen anyone put in a "daddy stitch" but I have seen lots of situations where "No" is met with "I have to," not with a respectful conversation. (I'm not talking about emergencies here; I'm talking about situations where there is definitely time to get informed consent.)

Oh, no. They've followed us here.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dogfish posted:

Women are secondary to the birthing process. The doctors job is to get that thing out safe and quickly and move onto the next one. Welcome to Obama's birth panels.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
My personal favorite thing about that native american one is the stealth-"go back to your own country"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
In what situations mr dogfish, are there an abundance of doctors telling patients "they have to" when they really don't? "I need to do this" is doctor speak for "no seriously it's critical that I do this".

• Locked thread