Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

SubponticatePoster posted:

Isn't there something similar to this with a monkey and a lemon? Like the monkey gets seriously pissed and chucks the lemon across the room.

There's this one, where a monkey gets adorably annoyed about being given a stupid cucumber instead of a delicious grape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL45pVdsRvE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Ten years ago, my mother was tasked with watching over kittens whose owner's didn't give a poo poo. One had her eye sealed shut with herpes for two months. My mother ended up forcing the eye open, treating it with boric acid, a prescription topical and by feeding her L-lysine. So she went from this:

To this:

Her name is Shelly Belle and she still lives in my parents' farmhouse with two of her siblings, whom we also kept for similar health problems. She's an entirely useless cat who can't hunt and never learned to use her claws. She can only floof in defense. But she butterfly kisses and makes high-pitched happy sounds while napping, so :3:.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Buckets posted:

It's a Jerboa.

They are just ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENkW_V2GjGM

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Chili posted:

Who's boopin' who?

Who booped who, who booped you?
Who booped who, ain't nobody told you?
Who booped who, who booped you?
If you booped them and they booped you
Who picked up the bill, and who booped who?

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

Chili posted:

Who's boopin' who?

this picture deserves framing. :buddy:

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Oh my god :3: that is unreal

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
"A study in the attention span of puppies"

http://i.imgur.com/eL7LxoS.webm

:allears:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

grumplestiltzkin posted:

"A study in the attention span of puppies"

http://i.imgur.com/eL7LxoS.webm

:allears:

The ending is my favorite part.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Two months ago:

Now:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Chili posted:

Who's boopin' who?

Still you wonder who's boopin' who
And who's bein' true
And who don't even care anymore
It makes you wonder who's doin' right
With someone tonight
And who is sleepin' on the floor

Butterscotch is butterlicious. TBH, if a "famous cats of SA" calendar was sold to raise money for charity, I'd totally buy it.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hYVpW9Ai8Q

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Minarch posted:

Wow, could somebody post a picture of some benedryl? tia

Seriously, people always joke that cats know to make a beeline right for the most allergic person in the room, but look at that. The only one that isn't flinging loose fur everywhere is flinging snot.

They know, and they're intentionally loving with us.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

PREPARE THE FLOOF WAGON :black101:

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

I would play the poo poo out of a mad max cat collecting sim.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

RandomFerret posted:

Seriously, people always joke that cats know to make a beeline right for the most allergic person in the room, but look at that. The only one that isn't flinging loose fur everywhere is flinging snot.

They know, and they're intentionally loving with us.

Not only do they know it, but my friend's cat seems to know when I've taken allergy medication. If I forget and go over there, he's like "Oh hey girl, let me just climb in your lap via your face."

When I remember, he wants nothing to do with me.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Eponine posted:

Not only do they know it, but my friend's cat seems to know when I've taken allergy medication. If I forget and go over there, he's like "Oh hey girl, let me just climb in your lap via your face."

When I remember, he wants nothing to do with me.

cats are intimidated by staring, so when you go out of your way to take allergy meds and want to find the kitty for cuddles you scare it and it wants nothing to do with you, whereas if you haven't you try your best to avoid it which in the cat's hosed up backwards brain means "well I guess this person's chill" and want to hang out with you

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

President Ark posted:

cats are intimidated by staring, so when you go out of your way to take allergy meds and want to find the kitty for cuddles you scare it and it wants nothing to do with you, whereas if you haven't you try your best to avoid it which in the cat's hosed up backwards brain means "well I guess this person's chill" and want to hang out with you

This is true from what I understand. Cats feel wary when they're scrutinized, as in nature when something is staring at you it's not usually a good thing, and eye contact is also used to show dominance or hostility. Ignoring the other party says, "I have no quarrel with you good sir" and makes you seem safer. Then they feel okay with approaching you.

Of course some cats are down for anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiWVqT2sNTw

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
OR

I think you might all be overlooking the obvious.

The bald cat is obviously allergic to cat hair, hence the cat ooze being flung around.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

President Ark posted:

If you want a cat you don't know to come over, try this one weird trick:

Catch its eye, then close your eyes and turn your head. You've just told the cat you're aware of it, and would like to be friends. Most non-rear end in a top hat cats will come over and headbutt you.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
my new dog is pretty cute if you're into that sort of thing:

pictured with existing dog for scale:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Clive the capybara gets a little greedy with the food

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

thatbastardken posted:

my new dog is pretty cute if you're into that sort of thing:

pictured with existing dog for scale:

Im posting this in GiP because that is one good/Cute af pup.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That is the most confident cat I've ever seen. Look at that tail.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

Clive the capybara gets a little greedy with the food

Clive the capybara appears to play bass in a 70s band.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
okay so I've been having an incredibly sucky night(been dealing with a sort of choking issue since around 6, currently it's about 2:15 here), and I need as much cute stuff as possible to combat the existential dread that's been piling on due to this(seriously it's so uncomfortable in every way that part of me would welcome death just cause it'd mean I'd be done with this)

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh man this takes me back, it was like the first cute picture I ever saved. :3: I saved a whole bunch of babies around then. gently caress it, I'm dumping them.

Something something terrible cat I don't actually get the joke but whatever

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Just got back from a holiday in Thailand, where I met this lovely family of elephants!

(It was on a tour organized by the wonderful Elephant Nature Park, not part of a tourist show. These elephants are owned by a local Karen village, but they're free to do as they like - but they're smart enough to know tourists have bags of cucumber to feed them!)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Oh man this takes me back, it was like the first cute picture I ever saved. :3: I saved a whole bunch of babies around then. gently caress it, I'm dumping them.

yeah that helps a little with the unceasing pain and discomfort

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Chili posted:

Butterstuff

Congratulations, by the way.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Angry Salami posted:

Just got back from a holiday in Thailand, where I met this lovely family of elephants!

(It was on a tour organized by the wonderful Elephant Nature Park, not part of a tourist show. These elephants are owned by a local Karen village, but they're free to do as they like - but they're smart enough to know tourists have bags of cucumber to feed them!)

Elephant Nature Park is amazing. It's a retirement home for old, abused elephants, where they look after them and give them everything they could want to enjoy their lives. Some day I'm going to go back there and volunteer with them.

I found some shots of my trip there, but none especially cute. So have a pic of my old kitty, Amber, who died a few years ago at around 18 years of age.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Butterscotch appeared in my dream last night. He was lying in a blanket on a chair and I was thinking "Oh wow I'm going to get to pet Butterscotch!" I pulled the blanket aside and two cute little kittens popped out and were jumping at my arms and so I got a little distracted, and then the dream faded away.

But for a moment there... :unsmith:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Dick Trauma posted:

Butterscotch appeared in my dream last night. He was lying in a blanket on a chair and I was thinking "Oh wow I'm going to get to pet Butterscotch!" I pulled the blanket aside and two cute little kittens popped out and were jumping at my arms and so I got a little distracted, and then the dream faded away.

Makes me wish for some nice dreams like that(seriously haven't gotten any sleep or had anything to eat or drink since about 6 last night, I'm getting pretty darn close to my breaking point here)

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Dick Trauma posted:

Well, if you're anywhere near us (Maryland) keep your eyes open for Openscotch. After we get back from vacation, we'll be having a day where you fine goons can meet the legend yourselves!

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

http://i.imgur.com/sK7eeZu.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/ZHwdvi2.gifv

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

Makes me wish for some nice dreams like that(seriously haven't gotten any sleep or had anything to eat or drink since about 6 last night, I'm getting pretty darn close to my breaking point here)

Oy, sorry friend :sympathy:

Think happy thoughts, like Butters snoozin on the couch:

And being king of the cabinets:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I love how in almost every picture you post of him, Butterscotch's pupils are almost completely dilated.

Like he's seen some poo poo.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

AlphaKretin posted:

http://worstcats.tumblr.com/

What's not to get? They're just, like, the worst cats. Way too moist, for one. None of them have any hair and half of them are covered in straw for some reason. Just, really awful cats.

thats about the extent of the joke, there's really not much more to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh well I got that bit I just wondered if there was a reason or story behind why we were jokingly pretending hippos were cats. Guess not :)

• Locked thread