Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

It's very nice that we're encouraging ex-commandos to come here and post but if you think about it we're just luring the scum of the internet to these forums. let's face it SA is bad enough without a bunch of additional unfunny, meme-spewing reddit neckbeards sliming around. Sorry to the 1 in 10 of you new posters that are worth a poo poo but most of you aren't even good enough for Games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/hotsauceshotyme

Nice hat.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Listened to the audio here and it's pretty artificial from Sandi. Some of it is personable, but wow, 1.17."If you're nervous, just know that I was.one.of.the.test.subjects." Beep boop. I am a robot reading. Perhaps I'm nitpicking. She has good cadence now again, but man, I want to edit it so her dialogue so it sounds more human and less like terms and conditions being read out for an advert. I dunno. Can't quite place my finger on it. Again, I might be nitpicking.

That final voice actor is excellent however.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Yeah, I just edited my earlier post to include the face of racist shitposting.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

It's very nice that we're encouraging ex-commandos to come here and post but if you think about it we're just luring the scum of the internet to these forums. let's face it SA is bad enough without a bunch of additional unfunny, meme-spewing reddit neckbeards sliming around. Sorry to the 1 in 10 of you new posters that are worth a poo poo but most of you aren't even good enough for Games.

:wtchris:

We don't want standards slipping?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

AP posted:

We don't want standards slipping?

standards are already very low without reading racist epithets and unironic rants about how someone didn't fight and die for this country so Croberts could rip him off to the tune of an Idris jpeg

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

We are not population control, we are joke makers, and if something awful has an influx of 'scum' than the jokes shall be told and the report button will do its job. It's all part of the beautiful tapestry that is this bedridden forum.

Besides, gently caress it, ours is not the reason why, ours is but to do and shitpost.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

standards are already very low without reading racist epithets and unironic rants about how someone didn't fight and die for this country so Croberts could rip him off to the tune of an Idris jpeg

And yet, you still post.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

AP posted:

:wtchris: We don't want standards slipping?

I mean we have to get a hold on all this slippering going on. I mean deadlines and features are slipping around like there is no tommorow. If standards go slippin' who knows what's going to happen slip next !?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

AP posted:

And yet, you still post.

Even in death he still rattles

and posts

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

AP posted:

And yet, you still post.

yes, even outside this thread. you wisely stay here where you blend in.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

yes, even outside this thread. you wisely stay here where you blend in.

I post where I like when I like, I think you've over thinking this posting business.

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015
I feel like this thread has been suddenly gently caressed.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

:allears: sSquawk.gif is awesome - comes out ot PTNs LP thread = https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383329

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Chalks posted:

Lets not dwell on the chap pulling down his pants and laying a big fat turd on the thread.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Prob same reason the shots don't hit where the dot is. It's completely fake. IMMERSION FIELD DISRUPTED

E: hey I think it was you that posted way back when someone was talking about "building upon" their previous work or whatever, and I think it was Swedish(?) where "Vi Byggen" means like 12 different things like "we're gonna build, we're building on something, maybe we're gonna build with these random bricks laying around?"

I'm going to assume this is pronounced exactly like English "We Biggen" because 1: that'd be amazing if building something was somehow cognate to making it bigger, and 2: I like to think somewhere in the old countries there's a bunch of people walking around saying what sound to be absolutely English words but the grammar is totally different and incomprehensible.

What Tippis said. Y is a vowel in Swedish, sounding a bit like a German ü but more distinct. Nine vowels in Swedish, lol at you poors with what, five and a half?

Swedish prosody and conjugation is pretty foreign-proof

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
e: n;m

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Feb 29, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

HotsauceShoTYME posted:

Excommunicated from the den of shitizens I come seeking asylum.

BTW folks calling Money a token is an upgrade. This gently caress nugget grinning like a loving idiot every week with that gaudy loving clothing topped off with the cliche wanna be rapper cap, is front runner for coon of the year with Stacy Dash(at least she is fuckable). This fucker sets black folks back 11.5 years every loving time he appears on a show tap dancing for Sandi.

Got some opinions there, don't you
:frogout:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
e: n;m

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Feb 29, 2016

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Galarox posted:

Well now I could hardly make sandi into dorothy could I?

No words. Ok one. Fantastic.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

What Tippis said. Y is a vowel in Swedish, sounding a bit like a German ü but more distinct. Nine vowels in Swedish, lol at you poors with what, five and a half?

Swedish prosody and conjugation is pretty foreign-proof

Vi bygger en ny framtid för dem vars hopp sugits upp av Kristoffer Robertsson Sextioåtta

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

True, but posting about people posting is never not boring

Also I'd say a weak majority of new signups are actually solid-ish contributors

I didn't join the Reform, Alabama Obamassacre non-Urban Vigilante Militia to watch this thread tear itself to pieces :911:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I didn't register to not tell jokes! *cocks punchline*

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mr.Tophat posted:

I didn't register to not tell jokes! *punchline: cocks*

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ag Bengip posted:

This was shown around Chairgate, and didn't get enough love.

All of science fiction. Anything could be possible.

And this is their design. A Farm Bureau agent, who even in the T pose, looks tired and withered looking, from a bygone era even in today's world. The only ounce of sci-fi is some sort of pilot wings that look photoshopped onto his 1940's era bomber jacket.

I can guess the hat says SERENITY because it's the original 'verse totally created by Roberts and nothing is stolen. You can't even find 42 things ripped off from any other franchise because it's totally new and unique.

The model looks pretty great though. Kudos to the modellers. I can only imagine how they must have felt as they were making a John Rhyes farmer for their ultra future space game.

Man, isn't Star Citizen supposed to be set like 1000 years from now? Can you imagine what it would be like to work with a person who dresses like a generic peasant from the 11th century

As a military professional
[/quote]

I don't think we are focussing enough on this aspect. Even if SC/SQ42 was a legit game that was actually going to be released, it's going to be TERRIBLE. This bizarre World War 2 pew pew/ Sheepskin Jacket / Dog Tag/ Gruff ole Veteran/ Lancaster Bomber turret nonsense fused with sub-par racist stereotype Star Trek baddies. It's an awful, awful, hackneyed, naff, derivative, lovely, tired pile of old bullshit even as a story pitch, let alone a tech demo, let alone a loving AAA game. I mean you can just instantly visualise the cut scenes, the tropes, the McGuffin, the twist, the denoument just by looking at this poo poo.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Why is it that ever since this morning whenever I press "submit reply" I get this message?

At first I thought the posts didn't get through but I can see now that they do. Seeing as we were DDOSed a few days ago is this a second strike?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Feb 29, 2016

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

That's not fair, there's going to be a bunch of terrible Fall of the Roman Empire references thrown in there.

Vanduuls=Vandals. I actually groaned when I realized that.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

Why is it that ever since this morning whenever I press "submit reply" I get this message?

At first I thought the posts didn't get through but I can see now that they do. Seeing as we were DDOSed a few days ago is this a second strike?

DEREK SMART security workin overdrive again

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MeLKoR posted:

It doesn't want you to contact Smart or 8Ace.

Kavak posted:

That's not fair, there's going to be a bunch of terrible Fall of the Roman Empire references thrown in there.
I hope their Roman research was limited to History of the World Part 1.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

quote:

The decline and fall of the UEE can be largely pinned on the adoption of the cult of Roberts as the state religion. Trillions of UEC was pumped into buying icons of holy vessels thought to propel their owners into the afterlife at the end of the verse, a time prophesied in the phrase, "two weeks." A time of death, when faith is lost and the funding of [icons of] the holy vessels runs out.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

There's nothing in the source of newreply.php that I'm seeing to indicate that there's a problem. The issue may be a false positive or it may be related to your local environment (something injecting malware into pages being loaded by your browser).

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
ESET released a bad update, new update should fix it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chalks posted:

There's nothing in the source of newreply.php that I'm seeing to indicate that there's a problem. The issue may be a false positive or it may be related to your local environment (something injecting malware into pages being loaded by your browser).
I'm getting the same message when I edit a post or submit a thread, seems related to anything that calls the SA automatic page refresh.

Hamburger Test posted:

Probably. What made me wary was the fact that this is seemingly only happening in SA, it's happening with everything that has to do with actually posting in SA (as opposed to just reading) and that it came in the heels of a DDOS.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I blame The Cloud™

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6sigd_KMEk

Why does a laser rifle have recoil? And literally go pew-pew? I thought the sound engineers at CIG were supposed to be good?

Notice how the gun has a scope in 1person. but when he goes in 3rd person to look at it the scope its gone lol.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6sigd_KMEk

Why does a laser rifle have recoil? And literally go pew-pew? I thought the sound engineers at CIG were supposed to be good?

:siren: THEY GOT CROSSHAIRS WORKING :siren:

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I like the three to five sets of crosshairs best

overdelivering on value

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hamburger Test posted:

Restarted computer, re-updated anti virus, seems OK now, thanks.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Alexander DeLarge posted:

When I look at the gameplay, I see seamless transitions from one system to the next, and adaptive multiplayer on a large scale. That's impressive tech as someone who has worked with the CryEngine before. That's the thing people need to understand, they're doing crazy poo poo with a game engine that wasn't made to do any of this, no engine is made to do any of this, but they're doing a good job.

I rather like the flight model and the ARMA-esque FPS mechanics are extremely difficult to get right. Only time will tell how this ends but I can easily see them pulling something amazing out by mid 2017.

Been playing 2.0 quite a bit and it really is quite something when it's not crashing at this rate, which I suspect will be fixed in a week or two, I think it's a really solid foundation for all the "core mechanics". Only thing I'm still skeptical about are the economic systems, if they get that right, I can say they have an extremely solid foundation for the rest of the game.

Looks amazing on a 4K monitor too.

Is that really such a bad thing though? It was included with the caveat of "it's coming soon, but we're not going to say a specific date just to keep disappointing you"

poo poo happens in game development. I can't imagine something of this magnitude. Keep in mind that we live in a day and age where date are announced 9 months ahead of release, and then they're ALWAYS delayed. Here is a list of what I remember (and I'm not good at remembering these things)

Batman Arkham Knight
The Witcher 3
Battlefront Hardline
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Dark Souls II
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Hitman
The Division
Evolve
The Order 1866
Dying Light
Mad Max

They've been within a six month period of the updated timeline, that's good enough for me. At least they're not making the same mistake over and over and over throughout development and getting people's hopes up.

So... how's SC working out for you?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Feb 29, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Samizdata posted:

Ummm, yeah. Fidelitous (I love that word since I discovered it actually existed) immersion. Gotcha. (Yes, I am saying this all in a monotone of utter disbelief.)

time to make this a new instant ban word on twitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

MeLKoR posted:

So... how's SC working out for you?

:lol: That guy's primary mistake is treating CIG just like they're any other publisher who are in the business of building and selling games. Once you lose that perspective (easily done by looking at anything whatsoever that CIG has done) the laughs flow more easily. It's the same thing the gaming media is doing - giving CIG the benefit of the doubt and treating them just like any other publisher/developer, assuming their goal is to make a game, and that they have the ability to do so. Neither is true.

• Locked thread