Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I got mew from my friend when I was 12 using some duplication trick and I like to think mew spread across the country from kid to kid that way. Strong gamer feel

Yea I got one that way. But he had 4 HMs lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
why does red blue and yellow etc cost like 15 dollars?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Nintendo cant into price cuts.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I really want X/Y now, to play before Sun/Moon. I haven't even completed White and Alpha Sapphire. I have a problem

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

why does red blue and yellow etc cost like 15 dollars?

It's 10 bucks here, which is acceptable to me. 5 would be even nicer but more than 10 and I wouldn't buy it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

brock's gym was loving rough in yellow

key thing to remember in gen 1 is that speed determines basically everything. a few string shots and your opponent won't be able to get any critical hits on you

i just stringshotted and sand attacked until they were useless, then whittled down their health with tackles from my lvl 7 rattatta for a freaking hour.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

As a Millennial I posted:

key thing to remember in gen 1 is that speed determines basically everything. a few string shots and your opponent won't be able to get any critical hits on you

i just stringshotted and sand attacked until they were useless, then whittled down their health with tackles from my lvl 7 rattatta for a freaking hour.

i think i used a mankey on brock. that was in blue though, i dont know if you can get one in yellow. i was also like 5 or 6 when i did it so my memory might be a little hazy haha.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

(Guy whose button-up shirt is buttoned misaligned not by one, but two whole buttons) I didn't pick Squirtle

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
? i wanted charizard cos of the cartoon

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

(Guy whose button-up shirt is buttoned misaligned not by one, but two whole buttons) I didn't pick Squirtle

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
additionally i also wanted charizard because he was the strongest pokemon card (rarest, highest hp, most dmg = strongerst).

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

i think i used a mankey on brock. that was in blue though, i dont know if you can get one in yellow. i was also like 5 or 6 when i did it so my memory might be a little hazy haha.

did you ever see my funny hospital bill.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

did you ever see my funny hospital bill.

phimosis surgery :-)?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

additionally i also wanted charizard because he was the strongest pokemon card (rarest, highest hp, most dmg = strongerst).

I never liked him that much but with mega evolutions hes back and hes back big.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think Charizard looks like a dope. (sees Ristolaz in the room) Oh! But not you man, you look, really, uh, cool.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

phimosis surgery :-)?

the 420.69 bill

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm sorry i made fun of your fake orchestral pokemon album, average bear. i listened to some tracks and it's fine. i typically prefer arrangements written by people who actually played the video game anyway. the pokemon symphony composer's previous claim to fame was the score to The Smurfs 2 (2013).

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

out of the like three songs they played from gen 1, one of them was the 5 second long loop that plays in team rocket's hideout. :psyduck:.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

i'm sorry i made fun of your fake orchestral pokemon album, average bear. i listened to some tracks and it's fine. i typically prefer arrangements written by people who actually played the video game anyway. the pokemon symphony composer's previous claim to fame was the score to The Smurfs 2 (2013).

I thought I recognized that iconic style from somewhere.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

I think Charizard looks like a dope. (sees Ristolaz in the room) Oh! But not you man, you look, really, uh, cool.

He looks awesome except its kinda weird for a dragon to have skinny arms. Strong bad was right

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

the 420.69 bill

haha thats cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

You can get one in yellow on the little path to victory road

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Nidoran male also learns double kick, a fighting type move, at like level 7

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

In Training posted:

You can get one in yellow on the little path to victory road

Average Bear posted:

God dammit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

My Nidoran Male is level 10 and has learned no such move

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that Pokemon games are difficult for precisely 1 gym and then never again for the rest of the game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I like that Pokemon games are difficult for precisely 1 gym and then never again for the rest of the game

they actually can be really difficult if you keep your pokemon just 1 or 2 levels below the gyms, i played heartgold not too long ago and had a ton of fun

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Uhh sorry I forgot. Well he learns it eventually lol.

I'm still having some hard spots in yellow. When Gary comes around it's usually when your Pokemon are weakened. Much harder than new gens anyway

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I had this insane thing happen where I chucked out a level 5 kakuna to take a few hits while I healed my charmander back up and between the speed debuffs and harden buffs it took his Lv14 onyx nearly 30 turns to take the kakuna out

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

Uhh sorry I forgot. Well he learns it eventually lol.

I'm still having some hard spots in yellow. When Gary comes around it's usually when your Pokemon are weakened. Much harder than new gens anyway

the furthest I've played is black 1. But the rivals in that are your friends. In r/b/y it's a guy who's a jerk to you. G/S it's Giovanni's son. I don't remember R/S being an antagonist
E: I've played CS and Pearl but I don't remember the rivals from those. I thought the evil Team story in Pearl was cool tho

frank.club fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 29, 2016

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

R/S had bitch rear end Wally, the first boy to want to gently caress a Gardevoir.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

they actually can be really difficult if you keep your pokemon just 1 or 2 levels below the gyms, i played heartgold not too long ago and had a ton of fun

hg/ss is still the best I.M.H.O. but they're all fine, really

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
yeah its my favourite. x+y is great too, i wish it was a little longer though. i havent played omega ruby or sapphire yet, ill probably just wait for sun/moon instead.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i lost my soulsilver five years ago and i finally stumbled on it again this weekend. time to climb mt silver.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

R/S had bitch rear end Wally, the first boy to want to gently caress a Gardevoir.

I thought it picked the opposite gender of what you picked. I kinda liked your rivals in black 1 being your friends.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gold was a defining gaming experience I should get heart gold

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think every game since RS has basicalyl had two rivals and one of them is the friendly gender opposite of you.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Hell, not the last either.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I spent an hour getting the psychic type early on in R/S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just remembered that badass eevee gym in gold/silver

• Locked thread