Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

JerikTelorian posted:

I think that grass is part of the tile and can't be dealt with.

Yeah I've tried the sword and scythe to no avail. See that title just south of my door? It's the same type of grass as the corner ones on the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The starter sprinkler seems completely useless

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Robzilla posted:

Soooooooo... the Scarecrow is reduced?

Is it area or radius? Cuz I thought it was like the sprinkler and the original 20 squares is dinky.

The text needs to be more specific and/or the wiki needs updating

doesn't it literally say radius vs the sprinklers saying adjacent

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Robzilla posted:

Is it area or radius? Cuz I thought it was like the sprinkler and the original 20 squares is dinky.

I thought it was this:

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Robzilla posted:

It's definitely radius. I have a bunch of 3x5 plots all covered by one scarecrow.

Or, taken straight from the wiki:

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Does running through your plants damage them at all? I have been tip-toeing through them and trying to to disturb them but does it even matter?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

Does running through your plants damage them at all? I have been tip-toeing through them and trying to to disturb them but does it even matter?

Dev stated that it doesn't, so plot accordingly!

Edit: In the sense that you can be using ground crops as pathways between your standing crops.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MotU posted:

Pam trailer trash, penny trailer treasure

trailer trash is really just trailer treasure plus thirty years

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

When does Iron start showing up in the mines? I'm only down to level 15 so far, but I get the feeling I should have seen something by now

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

trailer trash is really just trailer treasure plus thirty years

And several gallons of hard liquor.

Icedude posted:

When does Iron start showing up in the mines? I'm only down to level 15 so far, but I get the feeling I should have seen something by now

Copper is 1-39, Iron is 40-79, Gold is 80-120

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

edit not reply

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I got to post here while I'm still trying to catch up on the thread.
So I spend most by days, I'm only a few in mind you, tending to my ever growing herd of turnips and potatoes in the morning. Sprint to town to give any flowers I find then fish the evening away.

What should I cut out to start exploring the mine?

Also my new quest is to get animals. Who makes the silo and where do I get grass from to plant for chickens?

Last question how does the sprinkler system work? Is it like this?
X X X
X S X
X X X

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the game is more slower-paced than harvest moon and things like giving gifts to people can only be done twice a week and i hear that you can only get the boost from talking to them once a week, so you can afford to chill a bit. just decide what you want to do each day. events coming up? prepare for those, if any is needed. raining? check out any rain-specific stuff, such as fish. feel like hitting up the mines? get your plants watered first and just head out. take care not to stay out too late or get knocked out in them.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So I spend most by days, I'm only a few in mind you, tending to my ever growing herd of turnips and potatoes in the morning. Sprint to town to give any flowers I find then fish the evening away.

Also my new quest is to get animals. Who makes the silo and where do I get grass from to plant for chickens?

X X X
X S X
X X X

Tier one is;
code:
 X
XSX
 X
Tier two is;
code:
XXX
XSX
XXX
Tier three is;
code:
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXSXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Rain days mean mine/fishing days. Also it's all you'll be doing in winter anyway so you'll have plenty of time for both.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
You can tell what the general consensus of "Who's the best marriage candidate?" by way of Abigail being the only one filled out on the wiki.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

so appearantly itting a wooden fence with a bat causes it to spawn an infinite amount of new fence parts :laffo:

gonna be hard not to use this for easy money

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

JerikTelorian posted:

Left click bait, right click onto rod. It needs to be a Fiberglass or Iridium rod, though.

This was my problem, wrong rod. Thanks.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Gamerofthegame posted:

You can tell what the general consensus of "Who's the best marriage candidate?" by way of Abigail being the only one filled out on the wiki.

It also helps that if you're doing any spelunking at all, you'll have amethysts coming out your rear end.

I'd have gone for Leah if it was actually possible to find her most days.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Broken Cog posted:

It also helps that if you're doing any spelunking at all, you'll have amethysts coming out your rear end.

She hangs out at her cottage a lot, and tends to frequent the bar in the evening. She loves salad btw.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Broken Cog posted:

She's usually by the pond to the west of her house or in the saloon.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

it helps that abigail doesn't give you a horrible first impression like haley and most of the boys do

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Gamerofthegame posted:

I picked Leah. She spends her entire day staring at the lake, partying at the bar past 2am, or making the same sculpture over and over. She is clearly the most 420 friendly waifu for Dank Nuggz Farmz.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
For me it just comes down to who's easiest to find and give gifts to. Right now Abigail and Hayley are the frontrunners since I have an abundance of the stuff they like. Penny's in third, Leah would be higher if I ever ran in to her more than like once a week, and Maru I just give pity gifts to whenever she's in the clinic.

On the bar, are there any foods that raise max endurance? I'm never going to find a stardew plant or whatever at this rate and without the Power Berry equivalent hiding out around the map, I'm at a loss. Or really are energy restoring items so plentiful it doesn't matter? There's more than enough berries/nuts/mushrooms to forage to never have stamina be a concern past like the first two weeks of Spring 1.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

For me it just comes down to who's easiest to find and give gifts to. Right now Abigail and Hayley are the frontrunners since I have an abundance of the stuff they like. Penny's in third, Leah would be higher if I ever ran in to her more than like once a week, and Maru I just give pity gifts to whenever she's in the clinic.

On the bar, are there any foods that raise max endurance? I'm never going to find a stardew plant or whatever at this rate and without the Power Berry equivalent hiding out around the map, I'm at a loss. Or really are energy restoring items so plentiful it doesn't matter? There's more than enough berries/nuts/mushrooms to forage to never have stamina be a concern past like the first two weeks of Spring 1.

I found that in summer, I had enough Salmonberries to last me well into fall for energy restoration, and by then I was pulling in enough cash to buy a bunch of baguettes/salads for when I wanted to hit the mines.

Also, with early foraging you unlock a recipe to turn tree seeds into trail bars, which are handy in a pinch and you should have scads of the seeds from woodcutting.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I'm finding fishing so difficult it's seriously hampering my enjoyment of the game :( I haven't managed to catch more than two, despite tapping, holding, using my mouse, using my controller, and literally everything else I can think of...

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Icedude posted:

It's definitely radius. I have a bunch of 3x5 plots all covered by one scarecrow.

That picture wasn't on the wiki last night. :colbert:

Tiny Chalupa posted:

X X X
X S X
X X X

From the Wiki that I now discovered is updated =/

Robzilla fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 29, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

I'm finding fishing so difficult it's seriously hampering my enjoyment of the game :( I haven't managed to catch more than two, despite tapping, holding, using my mouse, using my controller, and literally everything else I can think of...
Keep the top 1/2 of the bar over the fish. The bottom isn't as big as it looks.

Hold left click briefly then let it go and hold it again. The bar shouldn't move while you do this. Once you get this part down you just hold slightly longer to follow the fish up or let go slightly longer to follow the fish down. Some fish are real jerks don't let them get you down, but most fish are smooth sailing once you level up fishing once or twice.

Fishing is really unintuitive at first. You'll get the hang of it quickly.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Icedude posted:

Even this radius is still more than big enough to fit a few Tier-3 Sprinkler-sized plots in each. It's not like anyone's going to go resource-poor by making a few more scarecrows.

Thank god that everything is movable in this game, though. I have a feeling that once winter hits, I'm going to end up rearranging everything.

Are the coops/barns/buildable buildings movable in any way yet, or are we still stuck demolishing them and losing all the resources if we want to move them around?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Thanks for the reply so is it even useful for the first sprinkler? Maybe veggies with stocks so you can't run through them? I don't know

Fishing annoyed me until I realized keep the fish in the bar not above it. that plus hitting level 1 seemed to make it easier. I now find fishing genuinely enjoyable. I try to find different ponds to fish out of, I know this makes no difference, and yeah. Fun as hell

2 days off coming up and I'm ready to spend way to much time playing this game

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
That Scarecrow wiki picture really puts into perspective how large the original 20 tile radius was.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

I had a rough time of fishing, but at some point it clicked and got a lot easier. I guess you eventually learn how to deal with how the bar coasts after you click and let go. Tracking all but the most frenzied fish is easy now.

Upgraded rods help too. But since you have to fish a lot to get them, you're hopefully already better at it.

I hope everyone can get it. :ohdear: This is the best fishing mechanic I've ever dealt with.

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
when you fish a lot you subconsciously figure out how many clicks it will take at what rhythm to maintain/move faster/slower etc

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Accidentally went to receive an adventurers guild reward with a full inventory. It was a new weapon so I thought no problem I'll back out and sell my sword first. And then it turns out by backing out of that menu the adventurers guild weapon is gone forever and I have to restart the whole day after doing a bunch of poo poo.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Son of Rodney posted:

so appearantly itting a wooden fence with a bat causes it to spawn an infinite amount of new fence parts :laffo:

gonna be hard not to use this for easy money

Anything that doesn't break a fence will cause it to spawn a fence. Some tool/weapons (scythes work really well) will cause them to shower out fences. This works on all fence types. Dunno if there are fences past iron, but iron fences sell pretty well. I usually just use this exploit just so I don't have to craft fences since the crafting thing is cumbersome.

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
Welp think my save is bugged or something, purchased the upgrade to my pickaxe and been waiting to get it returned 5 or 6 days now. Is he supposed to send it by mail? Because I've not received it there nor can I interact with him in his shop. Give me back my drat pickaxe

edit welp nevermind it was on his desk man pixel art can be unintuitive.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Just checked the steam discussion pages and apparently other people are having an issue of no more tool or inventory use nor running prompts working after any character event triggers outside of your house. Guess I'm not playing for a while then. :(

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

If I chose mushrooms do I get a chance to change it for fruit next summer? Or is there a way to save hack it?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Lexorin posted:

Anything that doesn't break a fence will cause it to spawn a fence. Some tool/weapons (scythes work really well) will cause them to shower out fences. This works on all fence types. Dunno if there are fences past iron, but iron fences sell pretty well. I usually just use this exploit just so I don't have to craft fences since the crafting thing is cumbersome.

Shift clicking a couple times to make stacks of five os cumbersome?

This bug is almost as good as geese laying iron tables in dwarf fortress.

Can anyone that chose bats give a quick list of what they drop?

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
Is starfruit the item that increases max energy? or is there another item called a Stardrop fruit?