Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
choke artist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Majorian posted:

Saying "No, failing to clearly condemn the KKK is a line too far" would probably come off as more principled than opportunist among GOP establishment voters. At the very least he'd be salvaging some of his perceived credibility. (he really has none, I know, but perception is reality etc etc)

GOP establishment voters are dumb and gay and old and history.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

the trump tutelage posted:

Does anybody here remember Dubya Bush?
Remember how he said that the
mission was accomplished
in Iraq?
Dubya, Dubya,
What has become of you?
Does anybody else here
Feel the way I do?

i've got a big binder with my women in
got a badge from murdoch and a flag pin
when i'm a good boy they sometimes throw in a bonus

i got a pocket bible keepin my jesus on
got those swolen prayer knees
i got 24 hours of poo poo on the tv to choose from
i'm in a twitter fight
about civil rights
i got amazing powers of constitution
and that is how i know
when i try to get through
on cnn to you
donald still leads the polls

i got the obligatory reagan perm
and the necklace made out of bullets
all in front of my favorite morning show
i got santorum stains on my fingers
i got a silver spoon on a chain
got a support are troops ribbon on my pickup truck
i got wild beady eyes
and i got a strong urge to cry
but i got no one to cry to

ooo babe
when i look at my phone
donald still leads the polls

i got a pair of cowboy boots
and i got fading roots

Just spitballin' this right now, kinda sucks, need a punch up if you got any ideas. Gonna record a cover later.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Somewhere a lawyer is rubbing his hands together.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

That one makes it super clear that the reporter shoved the SS agent

The retaliation was way over the top but the agent wasn't the provocateur here

No clue why a SS agent is handling press corraling

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Better Call Saul

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Joementum posted:

Hmm, from that angle it's clearly a chock slam.

:wow:

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Compare that to Trump who threatens lawsuits but never follows through. Trump: All hat, no cattle.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
so that actually was an SS agent? wtf?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
One of my particular favorite questions about Donald J. Trump, businessman, becoming the republican nominee is what Sandoval will do.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

My first inclination is that that dude's hosed- what a clear lack of professionalism, escalating like that in a room with approximately 90 million cameras. However, this being the rage/gently caress the establishment election, he'll probably get a raise.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Baloogan posted:

So lick it now lick it good suck this dick just like you should, right now lick it good suck this dick just like you should, thats it like that lick my dick and my sack. dont quit like that lick my dick and my sack, yeah bitch like that lick my dick and my sack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQzSM22pUMg

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Any known livestreams of the Christie conference?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Powercrazy posted:

But Trump isn't "openly racist," and you are going to be hard pressed to convince everyone that he is.

Why does "everybody" need to be convinced of that? Black voters, Latino voters, and a lot of white voters already believe he is. A few more will probably be convinced by attack ads. And those unfavorable ratings will, in all likelihood, not go down.

Also, he's totally an open racist.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

a cop posted:

My first inclination is that that dude's hosed- what a clear lack of professionalism, escalating like that in a room with approximately 90 million cameras. However, this being the rage/gently caress the establishment election, he'll probably get a raise.

No he's getting fired lol the SS has been trying to clean up their image after their last few gently caress ups and this is not helping.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

a cop posted:

He's probably angling for a position in the white house press room during the Trump presidency.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Majorian posted:

The vast majority of them probably will. Hard to see a situation in which Trump recovers from "you're all rapists and drug dealers" in their eyes.

"They're sending us rapists and drug dealers" is not "you are all rapists and drug dealers"

And illegals cannot vote.

That's not to say that I disagree with you that most Hispanic voters will go Hillary, just don't intentionally misrepresent the facts when you have plenty of legitimate ammunition for criticism. It's not hard

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
http://i.imgur.com/P8Q5vg1.webm

http://i.imgur.com/Jp5Yt44.webm

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

No he's getting fired lol the SS has been trying to clean up their image after their last few gently caress ups and this is not helping.

He'll get fired by the SS and hired by some Trump fanatic for a better wage.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Joementum posted:

Hmm, from that angle it's clearly a chock slam.

Nah, looks more like a botched spot. Reporter no sold it too.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Powercrazy posted:

But Trump isn't "openly racist," and you are going to be hard pressed to convince everyone that he is.

the bar to convincing minorities that a white person said something racist is much lower than the bar for convincing fellow white voters. add to that that in swingy Florida the fastest-growing portion of the Latino electorate is from Puerto Ricans rather than the relatively more conservative and economic-focused (and it must be said, lighter-skinned) Cubans, and these statements may prove troublesome to Trump in the general. it'll depend on the effectiveness of Clinton surrogates in Latino communities.

Hillary isn't going to win off the back of convincing the electorate that trump is racist, but targeted reminders of his most out-there statements to drive turnout will be a factor.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
I only just realised that the giant white rabbit that walks past behind the reporter/ss guy is in fact someone's backpack.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

CubsWoo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LAVXMCohNs yawn

mannerup fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 29, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Maoist Pussy posted:

Baloogan posted:

So lick it now lick it good suck this dick just like you should, right now lick it good suck this dick just like you should, thats it like that lick my dick and my sack. dont quit like that lick my dick and my sack, yeah bitch like that lick my dick and my sack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQzSM22pUMg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xywv-yoDy8E

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Majorian posted:

Why does "everybody" need to be convinced of that? Black voters, Latino voters, and a lot of white voters already believe he is. A few more will probably be convinced by attack ads. And those unfavorable ratings will, in all likelihood, not go down.

Also, he's totally an open racist.

Ok then. :thumbsup:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brannock posted:

"They're sending us rapists and drug dealers" is not "you are all rapists and drug dealers"

No, I know, but I think that's kind of what the Latino community heard, and for good reason. They know how people like Trump feel about them. Just as Fiorina was right (for once in her life) to say "women knew what Trump was really saying," you can bet that Latinos knew what he was really saying about them.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the bar to convincing minorities that a white person said something racist is much lower than the bar for convincing fellow white voters. add to that that in swingy Florida the fastest-growing portion of the Latino electorate is from Puerto Ricans rather than the relatively more conservative and economic-focused (and it must be said, lighter-skinned) Cubans, and these statements may prove troublesome to Trump in the general. it'll depend on the effectiveness of Clinton surrogates in Latino communities.

Hillary isn't going to win off the back of convincing the electorate that trump is racist, but targeted reminders of his most out-there statements to drive turnout will be a factor.

Agreed.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Why do people keep saying "his supporters don't care if you call him racist" like this is a new insight? It would be about galvanising your own voters or depressing grumbling Republicans who never liked Trump. If they even bother, there's tons of ways to do either. But attacking the cult is an obvious waste of time.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

CubsWoo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-q0vOFy99A

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
How are you ignoring that it was a choke slam into a table

This means we live in the WWE reality. Lizard people are probably real now too.

This is what we get for turning on CERN.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/704394499569623041

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Homework Explainer posted:

"strict political correctness" here means believing white supremacy is bad?

As an elected politician, I personally would refuse to listen to the concerns of any voters who think things that are bad.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I hope Trump instructed all SS detail to chokeslam with the intention of being filmed doing it. It builds up his strength credentials. "Bernie weak. Hillary paranoid, etc."

He probably did

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Oh it's a state supreme court nomination

whocares.jpg

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

TheTatteredKing posted:

Why do people keep saying "his supporters don't care if you call him racist" like this is a new insight? It would be about galvanising your own voters or depressing grumbling Republicans who never liked Trump. If they even bother, there's tons of ways to do either. But attacking the cult is an obvious waste of time.

THANK you. And the whole line of, "Welp, his crazy statements haven't hurt him so far, so there's no way they're going to in the future!" is so unbelievably dumb.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Magnificent.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
It's pretty obvious that Rubio has lost his voice because God is punishing him for lowering himself to Trump's level. He needs to repent and take the high road once again and his voice will return.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/Ebolamerican/status/704395029297696769

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The first general election debate is going to be trump german suplexing hillary 15 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

CubsWoo posted:

Hillary focus grouping and microtargeting attacks is going to be seen as the old way of winning elections when Trump can just bypass all the filters and get things out there in seconds on twitter

I feel like Clinton is always going to be three steps behind Trump because they won't release a line of attack without testing it first

trump can move faster, I'll buy that. he's not hitting a home run on every first pitch, though. a lot of what he's been doing at the rallies especially is basically message testing in a public forum, seeing what gets a reaction and what doesn't. he has a process too, and how will that process work when he needs to respond to the reaction of the general electorate? where is he going to get that feedback? is his method going to work better then Clinton's there? maybe it will. it can be imagined that it would. he might have some focus groups too though, i think he sells a naïve image but he's got a real campaign apparatus behind it all

if the general electorate has the same opinions as the gop primary electorate then it's all over and there's nothing to be discussed, trump will say what they want to hear and Hillary won't be able to respond, but i don't think that's the scenario. trump has been a conservative Twitter superstar for most of the Obama adminstration and hes good at it. will the lessons he's learned transfer when he leaves the bubble he's spent most of a decade developing that message for? lots of people think so on here, i kinda don't

as for microtargeting, that's not a synonym for overthinking, and particularly with respect to the black vote it's something even Republican politicians can make work, like that Mississippi senator who beat a right wing challenge partly by direct mail advertising to black voters tying his opponent to white supremacists, i think in the 2014 cycle. Trump's white nationalist supporters have been microtargeting with their robocalls, I'm sure. this isn't about the Democrats spending all their time trying to turn out gay Hispanic dog owners, it's about talking to 12% of the population

• Locked thread