Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Litany Unheard posted:

Apparently Graham did retire recently - from the Air Force Reserves. He had been in the reserves during most of his legislative career, and attained the rank of Colonel for his service to the Air Force's budget.

Why wasn't he discharged for his sexual status?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

I didn't realize he Told

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Southern Dandy is not a sexual orientation.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFa0dNY3QtU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Yep they're definitely tearing themselves apart.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

This is an extremely effective ad. I hope Hillary, and other senate senate/congressional candidates, take note and copy its format.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:lol: the way McCain says he's a loyal Republican and would support the Republican nominee sounds like he's going to put a bullet through his own head as soon as he finishes that sentence.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Rubio's Rubioing seems to be the democrat's gain?

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/03/democrats-lead-most-fl-sen-match-ups.html

quote:

PPP's newest Florida poll finds Democrats leading 5 of 6 potential Senate match ups, although all of them are by narrow margins and there are a lot of undecided voters on the table because the candidates are so little known.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Eh give it time, the FL Dems are very skilled at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

ufarn
May 30, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

Eh give it time, the FL Dems are very skilled at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory
Or, you know, just five minutes.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The most shocking things about that poll are that Grayson is still leading the primary and that the Packers are more popular in Florida than in-state NFL teams.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If the Democrats choose an electable candidate and the Democratic Nominee is running strong then, yes Rubio stepping down worked out well. Of hours given the same conditions Rubio himself would probably be in trouble. It's not like he's the greatest Senator since sliced bread, dude won a three way race in 2010.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The most shocking things about that poll are that Grayson is still leading the primary and that the Packers are more popular in Florida than in-state NFL teams.

Is it really surprising that such winning teams as the Jaguars, Buccaneers, and Dolphins aren't very popular? I mean, I guess Miami's got some history fans could lean on.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Gyges posted:

Is it really surprising that such winning teams as the Jaguars, Buccaneers, and Dolphins aren't very popular? I mean, I guess Miami's got some history fans could lean on.

Miami and Tampa Bay (in that order) actually are the leading fanbases in the state, its only the Jags that are back with the out of state teams.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I wonder if any other state has a home team that managed to be only the 5th most popular team. Poor Jags.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

At least the other 2 teams have at least 1 super bowl ring to their names which helps. that said, anecdotally i don't see a lot of serious fans of any of them in Orlando area, in my circles Bucs fans live in tampa area and Miami fans all live on the east coast.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The Jaguars are the best Florida team because

1) Their uniforms are ugly as hell.
2) Their quarterback is named Blake Bortles
3) Jaxson De Ville

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HMS Beagle posted:

3) Jaxson De Ville

Also The Allens (Robinson and Hurns) own.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

HMS Beagle posted:

3) Jaxson De Ville

Jaxson De Ville has consistently been far more popular than the Jaguars since their first game.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Senate (and house) update for those who care, our first round of primaries were held a few hours ago and so far it appears that no-one has been upset. The idea that Trump voters would wash out masses of Republicans in the primaries does not, at this point in time, appear to be happening.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

once it's final i'll update my stillborn house thread with the big news that none of the incumbents lost and nothing interesting happened. it's the perfect start to the house's election season

shelby winning isn't surprising but i think a lot of safe-seat republican congresspeople who couldn't lose in even the worst democratic wave and whose only real worry is losing a primary will start to feel less personally threatened by a trump candidacy

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Getting Russ back in the Senate is going to be real cool

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Florida race is dozing off!
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/704902231259217921

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Christ no. Can we not do more damage to my awful state please?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Fuuuuuck. We're totally dumb enough to elect Carson down here in Florida.

At least you generally need to be awake to vote on things, so the Republicans are going to be down one vote most of the time.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

So was the idea to get Carson out of the race, get Rubio out of the race, or both? Carson seems to have dropped out, but no word of a FL-Sen run.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

HMS Beagle posted:

3) Jaxson De Ville

Jaxson De Ville retired so the jaguars are garbage again

also carson better not loving run for a Florida senate seat because the idiot-retards here that elected Rick Scott are certainly idiot-retarded enough to elect Wonderhands Carson too, probably by a wide margin

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Ben Carson for Jaguars mascot.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Honestly if it comes down to it Florida's primary comes so late that Rubio, assuming he does not become the Republican nominee, could easily file for a second term.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Bobby Digital posted:

Ben Carson for Jaguars mascot.

Cats do sleep about 16 hours a day, this adds up.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Cliff Racer posted:

Honestly if it comes down to it Florida's primary comes so late that Rubio, assuming he does not become the Republican nominee, could easily file for a second term.

Rubio wouldn't want a second term; he openly despises everything about being in the Senate and that's why he doesn't show up to anything

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
For those who care, Murphy and Strickland both scored the coveted Obama (and Biden!) endorsement over the past day.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I Biden was willing to go full Onion Biden while campaigning for Murphy I'm convinced the Democrats would have Florida in the bag no matter who wins the Presidency.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010
A Challenger Appears!

Former IA Lt. Gov. Patty Judge is gonna take on Grassley. Looks like she's basing her campaign around Grassley's SC obstructionism, which comes as no surprise.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I will miss Grassley's crazy tweets

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Franco Potente posted:

A Challenger Appears!

Former IA Lt. Gov. Patty Judge is gonna take on Grassley. Looks like she's basing her campaign around Grassley's SC obstructionism, which comes as no surprise.

This is a really big deal if it's at all competitive, because this seat was previously considered so safe it wasn't clear anyone was going to bother to challenge him.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

even at its worst i doubt this topples grassley, but obviously it's good to have a candidate

if they nominate the Iowa lady he said all that nice poo poo about in her last confirmation, the one who was confirmed like 97-0, that'd help with the attack ads

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

evilweasel posted:

This is a really big deal if it's at all competitive, because this seat was previously considered so safe it wasn't clear anyone was going to bother to challenge him.

Any idea what kind of chance she'll have, assuming SC gets blocked the entire election?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Mitt Romney posted:

Any idea what kind of chance she'll have, assuming SC gets blocked the entire election?

I'm not even sure she'll win the primary, to be honest. Probably, but she's very unpopular with Iowa progressives.

I think she's doomed against Grassley unless he's Mark Warner'ed.

• Locked thread