Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Montasque posted:

Trolling Rick Wilson is the easiest drat thing. Dude responds to just about everyone.

I'm surprised he's still around after all the abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Mayor Dave posted:

how the gently caress does this thread generate so many posts, it's like a full-time job to keep up with it

I would say it's an even split between the people who want to discuss the GOP primary and the people having a manic episode that compels them to say Donald Trump is racist every 3 minutes.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Mayor Dave posted:

how the gently caress does this thread generate so many posts, it's like a full-time job to keep up with it

just go to the last page and assume 80% of the previous pages are variations on cant stump the trump, its what i do

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SuperDucky posted:

It is my most intense, feverish dream that Reince Priebus comes on stage at the Republican convention with 1/4 of a handle of Jack in his hand, mumbling about, "the establishment" and "Rubio sucking dick in Miami in the 90s" and begins shooting wildly into the crowd. This, of course, being the RNC, is an open carry event and literally everyone dies in a Sandy Hook-style bloodbath.
If you think that is an outlandish possibility, you obviously haven't been paying attention. Chaos reigns.

I was hoping this would happen with Jeb during the last debate (ie: right after he dropped out).

T r a v i s posted:

I would say it's an even split between the people who want to discuss the GOP primary and the people having a manic episode that compels them to say Donald Trump is racist every 3 minutes.

It's not a manic episode; it's genuinely hilarious to see people like you scramble to register your complete denial.:laugh:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

DaveWoo posted:

Typical gotcha liberal media tactics. I bet you they wouldn't have asked Obama to disavow the support of someone like Farrakhan :colbert:

To everyone who doesn't get this post,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJkU1e-_r3w

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TRUMP!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

DaveWoo posted:

Typical gotcha liberal media tactics. I bet you they wouldn't have asked Obama to disavow the support of someone like Farrakhan :colbert:

Only hillary was really persistent in that particular line of attack.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/692154715321307140/pu/vid/1280x720/sFegXgFRkkB9Pn3U.mp4

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Darkman Fanpage posted:

They're both mentally ill, not gimmicks.

*cuts off own weiner*

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I had an actual question but whatever.

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
Really digging that you can see that guy's whole penis, this election would not be the same without him and his dick.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
peeps are like "look at maoist pussy's rapsheet"

no one is like "look at baloogan's rapsheet" :(

i even have a probation from vilerat (rip)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Maoist Pussy posted:

*cuts off own weiner*

youre not really disproving his allegation here, m8

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

Joementum posted:

Should Trump win the nomination, interesting things to watch for:

1. Does he actually build a campaign ground game? There have been anecdotal stories both saying he did a good job of this in some primary states (SC) and a terrible job in others (IA). We don't really know which is true and which isn't, or if both are true whether the people running his campaign have learned from past organizing mistakes and can apply that to a general election campaign.

2. To what extent does the RNC support him organizationally? The RNC has made a lot of noise about how they've fixed the Orca debacle from the 2012 campaign and now have a reliable network for electronic organization. If true, how much will Reince coordinate with the Trump campaign and give them access to this information? How much will the Trump campaign cooperate with the RNC and share back their data?

3. To what extent does the RNC support him monetarily. This is a big deal because the individual contribution limit is $2,700, but you can contribute an additional $10,000 to state parties, and an additional $33,400 to the national party. Those larger donations get put into the "victory fund", a large portion of which pays for advertising supporting the Presidential candidate, but is controlled by the RNC. Will they run ads supporting Trump, as they did for Mitt in 2012, or will the victory fund be used to support down ticket candidates to the exclusion of the Presidential campaign?

4. Does Trump continue to have outsized dominance of television news coverage, or will his and Hillary's campaign be covered with some parity? Will the cable networks cut to live stream his rallies? Keep in mind that Fox has not been doing that while CNN and MSNBC have. Will that continue in the general election?

5. How does he handle the convention? Typically, the RNC turns over convention planning to the Presidential candidate's campaign, coordinating with them on the speaking schedule and other details. Will Reince do that with the Trump campaign, or will they move to establish tighter control to ensure that down ticket Republican candidates are given a presence at the convention. Will those down ticket candidates agree to appear at a Trump convention? Will they go off script and criticize the nominee?

There are a lot more open questions about how the party will act should Trump win the nomination and how his campaign will operate. This is what I've meant when I've pointed out that we can't just look at historical trends and pretend to know how the campaign will work. There's going to be a lot more going on than an argument about what percentage increase/decrease we'll see for each demographic group.

It's inconceivable to me that the RNC doesn't throw their full weight behind him if he wins. I don't see what other option they have. They'll jump on the Bob Dole bandwagon and pray he's like Schwarzenegger and sobers up after the election is over. I have a hard time believing that Trump isn't going to start running things exactly the way he wants to when it comes to the pomp and circumstance of the convention. Once he clinches the nomination he becomes the de facto party leader and unless the establishment folks are planning on setting everything on fire, I just can't see any of the major conflicts you describe no matter how tantalizing they are. Trump is the one flipping the script, not the RNC.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

youre not really disproving his allegation here, m8

He might just be German, don't judge.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Mayor Dave posted:

It's my second job while I'm doing my first.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

no....no!

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/PopulationWatch/status/703802757510098944

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I had an actual question but whatever.
There was a time when this thread could shoulder the burden of requests such as these.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

This thread has room for all things.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NolteNC/status/704378839527464960

lol

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
that dude in the trump side picture does not look old enough to vote/drink

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Oh! We are undone!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Tsk Tsk, Where Are the Parents?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I love the new modern takes on the "republican women are hotter" meme

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Baloogan posted:

peeps are like "look at maoist pussy's rapsheet"

no one is like "look at baloogan's rapsheet" :(

i even have a probation from vilerat (rip)

I feel your rap sheet through every post, it's okay

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Blondie had it coming.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Shirtless frat bros are supposed to be superior to successful famous people?

I am clearly not the target audience.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

That dude looks like he is about choke-slam a bitch.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Where has Sarah Palin been? I was hoping he'd bring that poo poo show on the road

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

They forgot bernie

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Enough of this. Vader, release him!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

rear end cobra posted:

Where has Sarah Palin been? I was hoping he'd bring that poo poo show on the road

Trump realized she was a deranged pill-popper and stopped taking her calls

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

railroad terror posted:

I love the new modern takes on the "republican women are hotter" meme

They always seem to include Ann Coulter in their "hot Republican women" lists, which always makes me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Will Hillary disavow the endorsement of admitted rapist and known uggo Lena Dumbham?

• Locked thread