Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

Kumbamontu posted:

I assume the matches from the weekend are hosted somewhere? I watched a lot of Saturday but missed yesterday entirel. Were there any particular battles that stood out from yesterdayI should watch

C9 vs renegades both maps definitely
Clg vs vexed map 3 was pretty good.
Don't waste any time with the f3 tempo storm game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

LEM is so hard for me right now that the ranks seem to have settled. I can't imagine what global must be like now.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

MrSmokes posted:

LEM is so hard for me right now that the ranks seem to have settled. I can't imagine what global must be like now.

It's not so bad. Everyone who beats me is a hacker and everyone I beat is a boosted noob

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Everyone who beats me is a hacker

Yeah this is true for me as well FYI.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Yeah this is true for me as well FYI.

Wow youre playing against a hacker every game?

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!
So its been a while since I played CSGO but some friends and I have gotten back into it. It seems like there's a lot more hackers then there ever was.

Not much aim hacking but super obvious wallhacking is everywhere. For you long time CSGOers is there more hacking going on right now or is this the norm?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Chocolatebuddha posted:

So its been a while since I played CSGO but some friends and I have gotten back into it. It seems like there's a lot more hackers then there ever was.

Not much aim hacking but super obvious wallhacking is everywhere. For you long time CSGOers is there more hacking going on right now or is this the norm?

Feels like the norm. If you guys are just getting back into it you're probably just being wallbanged and prefired.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
From what I've been reading VAC doesn't really catch 64-bit cheats, so not many people are getting banned right now.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Depths posted:

Wow youre playing against a hacker every game?

Every game that I lose, yeah.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Smol posted:

From what I've been reading VAC doesn't really catch 64-bit cheats, so not many people are getting banned right now.

poo poo's depressing

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

how do you guys train you're aim?

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!

VelociBacon posted:

Feels like the norm. If you guys are just getting back into it you're probably just being wallbanged and prefired.

Nah, while theres some new stuff in CSGO we are all CS vets from way back 1.6 and previous. I watched some of the demos (before it stopped allowing me to view my matches at all for some reason) and they were pretty blatant, staring at the wall all the time hackers.

To be fair we are lower rank and dont exactly have a large sample size of games played yet, so maybe just bad luck.

This is just a stop off until The Division anyway, so it goes.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Google Butt posted:

how do you guys train you're aim?

community ffa dm, pistol dm and gunnars

sometimes 1v1 arena

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Bohemian Nights posted:

community ffa dm, pistol dm and gunnars

sometimes 1v1 arena

what's gunnars?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I usually practice clicking on desktop icons

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Google Butt posted:

what's gunnars?

(i don't actually wear gunnars. im lame but not THAT lame)

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Chocolatebuddha posted:

Nah, while theres some new stuff in CSGO we are all CS vets from way back 1.6 and previous. I watched some of the demos (before it stopped allowing me to view my matches at all for some reason) and they were pretty blatant, staring at the wall all the time hackers.

To be fair we are lower rank and dont exactly have a large sample size of games played yet, so maybe just bad luck.

I've seen way more blatent hackers on my Nova 1 alt than I have in MGE/DMG, even one person who got VAC'd mid-game. Like I don't know how that even works, I guess most of the completely obvious hackers get overwatched/VAC'd before they even get to MG?

But in answer to your question, I think most of the community is in agreement that the amount of cheating in this game is a gently caress ton higher than it was 6-9 months ago (January had the highest total number of VAC bans in CSGO history).

qhat fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 29, 2016

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Chocolatebuddha posted:

a) demos are broken for everyone atm
b) lmao the Division is garbage and so are you for wanting to play UBISOFT PRESENTS A TOM CLANCY MMORPG SHOOTER

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Smol posted:

LOL how can this possibly be!?

EDIT: From what I could find the only source on this is some reddit idiot who later deleted his post. Is there another?

pocket pool fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 29, 2016

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

pocket pool posted:

valve doesn't care about counter strike global offensive

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Let’s dispel with this fiction that Valve doesn’t know what they're doing. They know exactly what they're doing

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Well actually lots of people are in fact getting banned, 100-150k a month so far this year. Part of the problem is valve has put the game on sale twice in the past 3 months.

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!

Katana Gomai posted:

a) demos are broken for everyone atm
b) lmao the Division is garbage and so are you for wanting to play UBISOFT PRESENTS A TOM CLANCY MMORPG SHOOTER

:shrug: I had fun with friends during the Beta. Shame on me.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

There are unlucky periods I find, like two or three weeks ago was totally insufferable because so many games had a guy who knew everything because he could see it through the walls but the last week or so I didn't see any cheating, some smurfing but nothing absurd. I don't think the overall percentage of cheaters changed, just my luckiness or lack of luck avoiding them.

It is worse than it was though I think.

I'm looking forward a little to the division too. If they find some way to deal with the basic issue apb had of cornerhumping+third person+burst damage leading to super passivity at any decent level of play it could be fun.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Yeah this weekend seemed better than last. That being said, I just looked at the profiles of a couple low hours guys that I played against yesterday and they have several other obvious alt accounts all VAC'd within the past month, so who knows.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Going from supreme to global after rank shift i met more cheaters in January than the entirety of 2015

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Let’s dispel with this fiction that Valve doesn’t know what they're doing. They know exactly what they're doing

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

pocket pool posted:

EDIT: From what I could find the only source on this is some reddit idiot who later deleted his post. Is there another?

There is no other source, and it struck me as pure bullshit.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Someone was asking where match vods are hosted and you can either find them clicking around hltv.org or https://m.reddit.com/r/CSeventVODs/ which is pretty well updated.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

I assume the matches from the weekend are hosted somewhere? I watched a lot of Saturday but missed yesterday entirel. Were there any particular battles that stood out from yesterdayI should watch

The C9 / RNG game was pretty good. I don't know if you caught any of it but I'd definitely suggest watching the Splyce games. Pretty entertaining throughout.

e: FFS. I can't post the youtube channel because of the auto embedding. Have a video. They're all on the channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kDwHUSo_kg

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I'm bored as gently caress of pugs. How do you go about joining a properly competitive team/clan in this game? Back in the day you could search ladders on websites like clanbase (now dead) and tryout for clans who would then organise scrims against other clans. Is there anything like that nowadays? I just want to play in a team where each player has set roles and things like grenades and site executes are coordinated well, as those kinds of teams in MM seem to be a luxury.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

qhat posted:

I'm bored as gently caress of pugs. How do you go about joining a properly competitive team/clan in this game? Back in the day you could search ladders on websites like clanbase (now dead) and tryout for clans who would then organise scrims against other clans. Is there anything like that nowadays? I just want to play in a team where each player has set roles and things like grenades and site executes are coordinated well, as those kinds of teams in MM seem to be a luxury.

wnana join my clan?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

just ranked up on a tie :woop:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

qhat posted:

esea.net

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I just unlocked Overwatch (at 153 wins for those who care) and did my first case. How often do you get new ones if you're active and your judgments are sound?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Katana Gomai posted:

I just unlocked Overwatch (at 153 wins for those who care) and did my first case. How often do you get new ones if you're active and your judgments are sound?
One every two or three days, seemingly.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i dont really do overwatch more than once every 2 months but i always have a new case and any time i finish it theres usually another new one for me within 15 minutes.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Yea some people do like a dozen in a day on reddit ("Overwatch Sunday"), I was just curious if that's the norm.

*edit: what do you know, got another one an hour after the first. Guess that answers that question.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 29, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Up Circle posted:

i dont really do overwatch more than once every 2 months but i always have a new case and any time i finish it theres usually another new one for me within 15 minutes.
Hmm, okay. My experience might be skewed considering I only play GO for one stretch a day, and Overwatch is the last thing I do before I quit the game. It might be that often after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I've never run out of cases, but then again I only ever did maybe 20-ish and I think the most I did in a day was like 4.