Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zettace posted:

If you remove Haruka from her ribbons then you're left with nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

book
Nov 29, 2014

Polsy posted:

Yeah, you should at least wait until it's someone you want, the gacha system isn't going anywhere. I'm going to do it, though, because I want Miho.

Yeah, I didn't do it. Kaede isn't even top 5 on my cool list, though I do like her. I'm just drat thirsty for SSRs at this point.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
when you miss a beat on easy mode. way more frustrating that higher difficulties

cuz it means you gotta play easy mode again

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Skwee posted:

when you miss a beat on easy mode. way more frustrating that higher difficulties

cuz it means you gotta play easy mode again

The worst.

Sometimes you just plain get thrown off because you're too used to the faster difficulties. :/

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Ha, just noticed that Master+ Absolute Nine is 999 notes long. Cute.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Sooo..
If if you full combo a song in the event does it count towards the full combo thing on the regular list

cuz i finally full combo'd this song i've been trying to full combo for basically the entire last event, but i did it during a groove.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
iirc, no.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
balls

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
It does not count. Which is too bad.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

tiny hats are awful

Literally the worst opinion in this thread.

Polsy posted:

Yeah, I tried to do that one time. In (obvious) retrospect I should have healed up before the song but I was feeling confident..

A Pro-level event song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv3mP2EIN7U

the rest of it's pretty normal Pro difficulty, but lol

How can you possibly play with those cutins? Even 10s of that looked really distracting.

Also I feel like the master version was equally weird like that for a little.

Skwee posted:

there are definitely missing idols, but I am not gonna figure out what is missing and where it would go alphabetically in japanese. I'll just add girls if they are missing when I get them.

Also not gonna figure out what versions of everything I have to add some sort of idolization column. I'll just figure out if stuff is idolized in the in-game album.

I didn't bother keeping track of versions — but I do have a separate cell for the idolized convos, that i usually add 1 to once it unlocks/I see it. So I at least have that, which is easier than trying to remember where anything is in the album.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Ha

just failed a song by missing the last note

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Well-done tiny hats are good. Something like the hastily-plopped tiny crown on Nico for the Autumn event SR is an example of a tiny hat that looks gaudy because of the lack of care.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

How can you possibly play with those cutins? Even 10s of that looked really distracting.

Also I feel like the master version was equally weird like that for a little.

Hmm, I guess I mentally filter them separately from the notes, they're pretty distinct from them at least. I'm not sure it's worse than 3D mode.

I already miss having a rehearsal button for Master like in the token events. I'd like to try it to see if I can do it, but it'd cost me 50 stamina and maybe I wouldn't even get to the actual event song anyway.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
hmm, wildly tapping in the general direction of the beats seems to be a valid tactic in GFN. Somehow finished a song with nearly full stamina and somehow hit a LOT of beats that I should not have.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah, I'd figure out that at least on 2D with a static background, you can filter a decent amount out.

I'll get to a medley tonight, but I've gotta do some really hard grinding for GF Note since I've been busy all day otherwise.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Oh boy, another Cool SSR, just what I definitely wanted. Then I did three more and got mostly old stuff and a couple of new SRs, neither of which were Cute.

Highlights of four 11-pulls on GF Note, with double SSR chance:

(bonus: I already had the fourth one)

Well, good evening's work.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

So is there a nico nico equivalent in that game?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I'm limited in my experience but it doesn't seem like there's a girl with an equivalent personality - though I feel like with the far larger cast, you can't have one girl getting popular in terms of getting jobbed constantly.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Oh boy, another Cool SSR, just what I definitely wanted. Then I did three more and got mostly old stuff and a couple of new SRs, neither of which were Cute.

Highlights of four 11-pulls on GF Note, with double SSR chance:

(bonus: I already had the fourth one)

Well, good evening's work.

Dunno why you're so mad, Blue is objectively the best.

Also another con of SS.
- No Chihaya

Phantom Limb
Jun 30, 2005

blargh
Did anyone actually manage to get a ticket to the Love Live final concert? Dunno if it's kosher for this thread, but if anyone's got an extra they're looking to sell, shoot me a PM.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Happy March, Triad Primusers

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also another con of SS.
- No Chihaya

Wouldn't be my first pick, but agreed there's some important omissions

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

Happy March, Triad Primusers

Wouldn't be my first pick, but agreed there's some important omissions

I mean, I get that it's a CG game but I'm pretty sure the original CG game had the original cast?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I mean, I get that it's a CG game but I'm pretty sure the original CG game had the original cast?

It's really only on a technicality - they do exist as cards (varying numbers depending on who they are) the larger part of which I suspect were added at launch to ease people into the transition. There were a few more cards later (I got bikini Haruka and bikini Chihaya for free as some kind of promotion because I was playing at the right time 3 years ago), but since then they effectively don't exist - there's no new cards, they're never present in events or comics, basically the only place you see them any more is in the today's idol birthdays box.

Also Million Live launched at some point so any of that kind of work will have shifted over to there.

CG and 765Pro are still canonically in the same universe, according to the anime. I don't think we've seen any canonical evidence that Million Live is, though, so that could still be an alternate reality.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't even see the point of Million Live, wasn't one meaningless card game enough?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

"Let's see... Please rewrite the following sentence into one that emphasizes the word [yesterday]."
Ken saw Lucy at the movie theater yesterday.
"I'll try it!"
"What a relief... it looks like she can do this one properly."
"I'm finished, Maki-chan!"
"Oh, that's faster than I expected."
"This sort of stuff is a piece of cake!"
Ken saw Lucy at the movie theater YESTERDAY.
"No, this isn't the kind of emphasis I was talking about."

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I don't even see the point of Million Live, wasn't one meaningless card game enough?

Uhh, it has 765 Pro in it, the best idols, for real instead of just being a concession. Also 37 other hangers-on, but they don't really matter.

If you don't want basket(?)ball devil horns Futami Mami on your squad then I just don't know.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

"This isn't good... just how bad is her brain?"
"All right, next question."
"I'm ready."
"There's a limit to how bad you can be at English."
"Please rewrite the following sentence into English."
"How do I go to Tokyo Station?"
"Geeeeeeze, Kayo-chin, what are you talking about?"
"Eh?"
"You just need to take the Yamanote Line, you know?"
SMU~UUUUG
"N, no! This is a question!"
"It's not even English this time?!"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

quote:

The Pool at Maki-chan's Place
"It's a pool!"
"W... wooooow~"
"Come on, Kayo-chin, let's get in!"
"Wait for me, Rin-chan~"
"Ah, Rin, that's..."
"The doctor fish pool."
CALM
"NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
"Rin-chan?!"
"Why do you even have these things?"
Flop Flop
"I'm from a family of doctors, remember?"

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

"Why do you even have these things?"
"I'm from a family of doctors, remember?"

Oh dear. Are they even called 'doctor' fishes in Korean or did that have to go through English first?

e: unless I'm overthinking it and she just has them as a legitimate medical treatment I guess

Polsy fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Mar 1, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nah it's literally translated as 닥터 피시, which is pronounced dakteo pishi.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That being said, Maki uses 풀 (pul) when saying Doctor Fish Pool but when the title and Rin are talking about it it's called a 수영장 (suyeongjang) which means pool.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I see that in Japanese sometimes and it's like 'you have a perfectly good word for this already', it's a little weird. France was right, people need to take an official anti-English-words stance.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well, in the case of the Doctor Fish Pool, I think it's preferably to go all English words than do Doctor Fish [Korean Word for Swimming Pool].

But yeah I see people using needless English in my job a lot as a translator and it's weird at times. Sometimes the final product doesn't even use the English word because Koreans tend to use the English words improperly.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Holy poo poo guys, there's gonna be a real-life SIF event in the states.

Scheduled for March 25-27 in Boston.

That's hopefully at Anime Boston, which I coincidentally will be attending. It says they'll have limited-edition goods for sale as well as an offline competition. Should be fun!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Whoa, I'll tell my friend who lives there. Maybe he can get us some nice Nico or Rin stuff. :3:

Do you have any other info about it? Event name, site, etc.?

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 1, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Been a long time since I've watched the anime but was Rin the one that got in trouble with her grades? I thought that was Hanayo.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Chill la Chill posted:

Whoa, I'll tell my friend who lives there. Maybe he can get us some nice Nico or Rin stuff. :3:

Do you have any other info about it? Event name, site, etc.?

"We are excited to announce the SIF Score Challenge 2016, the first ever Love Live! School Idol Festival (English version) offline competition event! It will take place in Boston, USA from March 25 to 27, 2016. (EST)
As part of the event, we plan to have demo game booths and limited-edition goods for sale.

More details on the event and how you can enter will follow soon here and on our social network feeds.

We hope to see you there soon!"

From the ingame announcement. So like I said, /hopefully/ at Anime Boston, but not 100% confirmed yet. KLab America will have a booth there, so that seems likely, but still, I don't want to state that outright unless KLab fully confirms it through one of their official outlets.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chill la Chill posted:

Been a long time since I've watched the anime but was Rin the one that got in trouble with her grades? I thought that was Hanayo.

No but Rin likes sports and everyone knows anime characters who like sports are dumb.

You can be athletic and smart but not like sports and be smart.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rin is hella cute + I want to bully her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Rin is hella cute + I want to bully her.

wtf don't bully Rin she's nice