Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also congratulations to the idol thread for being the first (and last) ADTRW thread I will ever bookmark, with the exception of the chat thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Jesus Christ @ the posting, guys, but lol at the graph. And here I was being conscious about constantly replying to others.

I can let GF Note rest for a few hours since overflow handles that very nicely. Time to get back to medley-ing, but I don't think I'm going to tier because I don't really have much attachment to those idols.
Still, it'll be good for bonding idols I don't really care about so I can get rid of a bunch of N.

I tried a pull for Kaede last night and only got 2 SRs, and only one new one (the new Chiaki). I guess I did use up my luck on GF Note the other night.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also it's a loving crime, a CRIME, that Natalia isn't voiced.

I want natalia

Also workin on fillin this poo poo out now that i finished making it:

there are definitely missing idols, but I am not gonna figure out what is missing and where it would go alphabetically in japanese. I'll just add girls if they are missing when I get them.

Also not gonna figure out what versions of everything I have to add some sort of idolization column. I'll just figure out if stuff is idolized in the in-game album.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Comparing the pros and cons of SIF and SS once more.

SIF

- I can't skip the cutscenes???

You can fast forward the cutscenes, which basically skips them as it goes incredibly fast.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think among the CG girls who don't have VAs yet, Nono, Honoka, and Yuzu are the ones I'd like to see voiced most.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
oh man, nearly full combo on the SS event song on only my 3rd shot. Felt really good till the part that is entirely different from the rest of the song near the end came up and i good hit 1 bad hit 1 and missed one.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

- Only a few good songs (subjective)

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the SS song selection overall. There's some I legitimately like but listening to something mediocre repeatedly is likely to make me think a little better of it. I didn't think much of M@GIC in the anime but after playing it like 20 times I think it's at least ok.

This is the kind of thinking that makes me think some anime OP/EDs are good and then I hear one of them again three years later and think hmm, why did I like this, it's actually bad.

- Too many idols (subjective)

Difficult to disagree with this, though, like I get that they're trying to cover all the bases but the average player is going to perceive the larger part of them as redundant.

That's pretty cool

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

This is the kind of thinking that makes me think some anime OP/EDs are good and then I hear one of them again three years later and think hmm, why did I like this, it's actually bad.

This is probably how I'll see ALI PROJECT and all their same-ish songs in the future.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
finished fillin out my spreadsheet with all the stuff i've accomplished so far.

Sort of wish i had a good way to get idolizations on there, but i'm not smart enough with spreadsheets to figure something out. Like an example is Rina Fujimoto, i have a normal and an SR, the normal i haven't idolized, but the SR I have.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Feb 29, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I tried out a Normal song on SS to look at my new SSR in 3D and also to give Natalia a voice and GOD drat I spent too much time watching the 3D and not enough time paying attention to the notes and I didn't even get 50 combos on the easiest level.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

pls. i am trying to get cannonfodder, not 2 more slots taken up

but pretty great luck to get 2 rares from 600 handshake point pull.

but still, now i can only pull 4 at a time for leveling stuff

e: make that 3, just got another non-dupe rare.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 29, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

man, gf note already dying huh..

They also just doubled the SSR gacha chance too (3% SSR 9% SR 88% R) for the next few days, for that well-known milestone of 100 days. Nurse Fumio is cute though, so I'll probably give it a shot later.

Mini-crown!

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Ugh... I've been saving all my Star Jewels for this day...

SSR Kaede... I've done 3 10-pulls and haven't gotten her.

I've got 3 more left...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Scamco rolling in those sweet Kaedebux.

And then there's others going for Miho I assume. But probably nowhere near as many as want Kaede.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I got SSR Ranko!!!! Not a complete loss.

And then I got 3 R Kaedes. IN A ROW

NOT FUNNY GACHA

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I decided to boot up Girlfriend for the first time in a while. It gave me so many things, and I was able to pull.

The luck never comes in the games one actually cares about.

book
Nov 29, 2014
3 10 pulls and no Kaede or any other SSRs. I could pull twice more, but I'm not crazy enough about Kaede to do it. At least my Passion and Cool teams are pretty solid now.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Decided to do a 10-roll, expecting poo poo.

Say hello to my catgirl idol.

My man

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Decided to do a 10-roll, expecting poo poo.

Say hello to my catgirl idol.

Miku is good. Maybe even better than Rin?!?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
My god, it's been one day and I was 4 pages behind. Happy I got my SR Eli last night and can now relax again. My phone died and I need to get Starlight Stage again though. What a hard life I live.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ChubbyThePhat posted:

My god, it's been one day and I was 4 pages behind. Happy I got my SR Eli last night and can now relax again. My phone died and I need to get Starlight Stage again though. What a hard life I live.

Producing idols is hard work that is hopefully rewarding in the end

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Allarion posted:

Miku is good. Maybe even better than Rin?!?

even obama san agrees

Only registered members can see post attachments!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I see he's learning from Uncle Joe.

Jesus CHRIST @ GF Note. I stop playing for a few hours and I'm already down to rank 4000. Gotta roughly double my point total just to make it back into the top 2k.
Well, we did get 500 Luck Stones from a retweet campaign that just happened, so looks like I can easily spend 500 stones on stamina refills in the next couple days.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Futaba Anzu posted:

even obama san agrees

Politicians molesting 2D idols is very funny meme.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Oh poo poo. I remembered why i chose my healing team for this event on the first 4 runs after i chose a team that i wanted to get idolized/fans for.

Ran into a song I am terrible at. Not terrible enough to fail, but terrible enough to get low on stamina, and then the next song had a bit of a difficult part, so I failed.

3rd song i don't have unlocked, but I wanted to play, so i spent gems to continue the 2nd song. We'll see how this goes I guess.

e: like last half of 3rd song I had a sliver of stamina left, and managed to clutch through the fasted part of the song. I have 1/127 stamina for the final song..

I've nearly full combo'd the last song, so hopefully that goes well. Cuz missing 1 note = death

e: whelp.

one of the slides at the start didn't work. GG

Goodbye 50 gems to play a song i've never played before. Weren't worth it.

edit:

Don't play with low battery. Low battery warning made me fail..

That song is really fun though, I got it again. But the low battery thing.. Seriously irritating, i used stamina drinks to play that run too. Not gonna spend more gems to continue though. Guess I shouldn't try to get bond with girls in the event.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 29, 2016

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Skwee posted:

e: like last half of 3rd song I had a sliver of stamina left, and managed to clutch through the fasted part of the song. I have 1/127 stamina for the final song..

I've nearly full combo'd the last song, so hopefully that goes well. Cuz missing 1 note = death

e: whelp.

Yeah, I tried to do that one time. In (obvious) retrospect I should have healed up before the song but I was feeling confident..

A Pro-level event song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv3mP2EIN7U

the rest of it's pretty normal Pro difficulty, but lol

book
Nov 29, 2014
Despite my previous words, I'm tempted to blow another 10 pull on this gacha. If I only I knew what the next limited is so I wouldn't have to worry...

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

book posted:

Despite my previous words, I'm tempted to blow another 10 pull on this gacha. If I only I knew what the next limited is so I wouldn't have to worry...

Stop!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, you should at least wait until it's someone you want, the gacha system isn't going anywhere. I'm going to do it, though, because I want Miho.

Mini-crown!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Polsy posted:

Yeah, you should at least wait until it's someone you want, the gacha system isn't going anywhere. I'm going to do it, though, because I want Miho.

Mini-crown!

They probably should have changed her hairstyle so that the crown wasn't just plopped over her ribbon.

tiny hats are awful

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

They probably should have changed her hairstyle so that the crown wasn't just plopped over her ribbon.

Yeah, that is pretty unfortunate. It was just a good excuse to post Miki tbh, then I noticed there was a Haruka too.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

tiny hats are awful

the ribbon is probably what is keeping the thing on.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Skwee posted:

the ribbon is probably what is keeping the thing on.

They all have tiny crowns, so I theorize some sort of Idol head-tiny crown gravitational force holding them together.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Or maybe some sort of as-yet undiscovered particle. When CERN first detects it 20 years from now, I hope they remember to name it after me.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
On a vaguely related note, do the idolmaster girls change their hairstyles much? The Love Lives do it fairly often, and it is very good.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

They all have tiny crowns, so I theorize some sort of Idol head-tiny crown gravitational force holding them together.

I'm imagining they've formed a square to keep themselves in balance

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

On a vaguely related note, do the idolmaster girls change their hairstyles much? The Love Lives do it fairly often, and it is very good.

It's pretty uncommon actually. I don't think I've seen it happen in Million Live at all and even in the thousands of Cinderella Girls cards people keep their hairstyle most of the time.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Not that I can recall. Literally the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is this lol.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
im just happy that one of them is explainable. not upset that there's a ribbon under it

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

tiny hats are awful

Whoa there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

tiny hats are awful
If you remove Haruka from her ribbons then you're left with nothing.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

For the main cast it's pretty much only when they get new character designs (first vision to second and now to third).

Zettace fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 29, 2016