Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Fruitsnacks posted:

You can search for matches while doing training mode. Pause the game while in training mode and at the bottom of the menu is an option called Network Match Fight Request Settings, which is identical to the one on the main menu screen.

Yeah, I know about that. That's like... not fun, though? If I turn up the AI difficulty on the training dummy, it's a decent warm-up, but I'd rather be doing actual discrete fights than like infinite combo practice. I don't really want the matchmaking service to just be rescuing me from a Sisyphean Chun-Li who never dies :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Bisse posted:

For being a multiplayer game the multiplayer features sure suck rear end, it takes me between 1 to 10 minutes to find a ranked game, and battle lobbies would be great if I could EVER successfully join any of them.

I like the, and yes, I'm sad enough to time it, from the moment AFTER it takes 'connecting' off screen, and has apparently connected, it takes another 42 seconds before you get to play Street Fighter.

E: And before the obvious retort, yes, my PC loads SP in <10s total.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, I know about that. That's like... not fun, though? If I turn up the AI difficulty on the training dummy, it's a decent warm-up, but I'd rather be doing actual discrete fights than like infinite combo practice. I don't really want the matchmaking service to just be rescuing me from a Sisyphean Chun-Li who never dies :v:

You can set health to normal for you and the dummy, and then it'll play out like an actual round until one of you dies.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Smirking_Serpent posted:

You can set health to normal for you and the dummy, and then it'll play out like an actual round until one of you dies.

Huh, I stand corrected. Okay, I think I'll start doing that, actually. I only ever messed with the basic CPU behavior options, haha.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Bisse posted:

Laura actually seems good. Like she is garbage at everything except the one thing that really matters so far in this game which is footsies, frame traps, overall the mid range game. And she seems good at converting to big damage from midrange stuff. I haven't played her but she looks like a good close range brawler to me.
actually laura is the worst character in the game

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'm glad

Her hair is poo poo.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Her hair is the best thing about her wtf

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

InnercityGriot posted:

Her hair is the best thing about her wtf

I'm the delivery of "BOOM!" that sounds like your aunt trying to tell you about a meme she likes.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

everyone who doesn't like her english voice is sexist

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm the delivery of "BOOM!" that sounds like your aunt trying to tell you about a meme she likes.

Turn on japanese voices, smdh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ayGQm2yKZ4

I mean some of them are insane, like english ryu and necalli vs japanese ryu and necalli. I'm not even a weeb

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Yardbomb posted:

I'm glad

Her hair is poo poo.

Imo all the new female characters from sf4 and forward are extremely uninspired character designs. It's all weird rear end buttpants and/or cleavage plus funky hair.

Poison gets a pass (but she's not exactly new) and Decapre is Cammy clone with a mask :downs:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought viper + juri were cool

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

croutonZA posted:

You can extract the images from that with umodel btw.

umodel.exe export -dds -game=ue4.7 <filename>.uasset should do the trick.

Edit: gently caress it, here: http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/3kWGovdi/file.html

Oh, thanks for this! I have Ryu but this helps for the rest.

Has anyone figured out music replacement yet?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

deadly_pudding posted:

BooooOOOoom

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

It would be cool if hitbox ranges and pushback were measured and collected along with the frame data for attacks. It'd be useful to know if you can punish/take initiative from something with jab or if they'll be out of range

Anki flashcard guy, you should at least grab the ranges from dantarion's data. I don't know if he has pushback data

FightingStreet
Oct 21, 2012

Take it to the bank, boys.

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought viper + juri were cool

Viper and Juri's designs are totally fine and from what I've seen they're the only new characters from SF4 that seem to have any kind of popularity

And as much as I can't stand how he plays, I think Fuerte's design is fine too

OTOH I don't think I'd be upset if Rufus, Abel and Decapre were never in another SF game

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I'd like to see like an old wizened female akuma/gouken type lady. Can't think of a fighting game that's had a woman fill that archetype yet.

Has there been?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I'd like to see like an old wizened female akuma/gouken type lady. Can't think of a fighting game that's had a woman fill that archetype yet.

Has there been?

my girlfriend actually taught me that there have been like two appearances by an elderly woman in a fighting game, ever. those are "power instinct" and some ramna 1/2 fighting game where she is only playable with a code to access her.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Decapre is Cammy clone with a mask :downs:

I mean, she's literally a Cammy clone. :haw:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Juri's design is great, Viper's has a dumb boob window and they make her wear Combat High Heels(tm).

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Has there been?

A character with the design aesthetic of Jade Fox from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon along with a a staff and a moveset similar to Rolento would be cool.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

bhsman posted:

Juri's design is great, Viper's has a dumb boob window and they make her wear Combat High Heels(tm).

Viper looks like she fell out of an SNK game and I'm cool with that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Has there been?

ggxrd rev has a young korean girl living inside of a gouken robot body

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Imo all the new female characters from sf4 and forward are extremely uninspired character designs. It's all weird rear end buttpants and/or cleavage plus funky hair.

Poison gets a pass (but she's not exactly new) and Decapre is Cammy clone with a mask :downs:

To be fair, Decapre also existed prior to SF4 just only in story and comic stuff. Also, according the story she's a Cammy clone along with Juni and Juli (they were in Alpha 3 but they also look a lot like Cammy clones). That still doesn't make it come off any less lazy, but at least there's a pre-existing story reason for the similarity in appearance.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Has there been?

Well there's Heihachi's wife in Tekken 7 who should be like 70 years old but looks like she's 16 :japan:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

BOOOM!~

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Turn on japanese voices, smdh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ayGQm2yKZ4

I mean some of them are insane, like english ryu and necalli vs japanese ryu and necalli. I'm not even a weeb

Japanese laura is garbage too

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
just want to say that shimmy is a dumb term and we should all switch to using the superior one, microwalk

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Shimmy is a valid term because it describes the strategic usage of multiple prolonged microwalks

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
bring back the neo-crackdash

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

angel opportunity posted:

i hate big lobbies, and i hate xrd's lobby system for that reason. when i'm playing online i want to loving play, not watch other people play. the whole reason i'm playing online is so that i can play the max amount of time for the least amount of effort (and because people only want to play offline like twice a week), so the worst thing ever is when six people want to join a lobby and sit there watching two people play instead of actually playing

I was shocked when I found out that the simultaneous match lobbies from Skullgirls isn't a standard feature found in every online fighting game, what the gently caress japan

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
is ken's run a macrodash

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yeah shimmy yay
Gimme the initiative so I can take it away
Off on a buffered charge bon-voyage
Yeah from the home of the microstep squad

USER WAS PROBATED FOR THIS POST

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

fozzy fosbourne posted:

shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yeah shimmy yay
Gimme the initiative so I can take it away
Off on a buffered charge bon-voyage
Yeah from the home of the microstep squad

:lol:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

mycot posted:

All of these modelswaps work so well. (From this thread)

http://i.imgur.com/fSZm6wS.webm
OHOHOHOHOHOHO

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
microshimmy

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay, so thanks to whoever posted the Laura mixup video. That was really helpful.

I'm trying to master her LP xx LP Elbow, but the timing is /incredibly/ tight on it. Is there anything I can do short of constantly working on it in training to make it easier?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Voodoo posted:

c.LP x 1000 because his jab is good.

The only thing that is even remotely like a bnb is F+HP > s.LK (hold forward) > lariat. You have to land a pretty deep jump in to combo into it, but it's possible.

s.HP > v.trigger (hold) > EX air SPD is good damage as well.

But really you just want to SPD as much as possible. Tick SPD, v.skill armor SPD, v.trigger for the blocked vortex SPD, F+MK for a hop SPD. Whatever it takes.

Like Snake Eyez says - plant people, not trees.

Ok this amazing! Thankyou! What is vskill armor SPD, is that a thing I can do? Just tap mk + mp into spd? If so that's kind of amazing! Also, blocked vortex SPD? Can you buffer it during? Because in my experience, if they block your v trigger, then you have to block low because otherwise no matter what I press they sweep me? (Sometimes even holding low block while I'm spinning didn't seem to get enough and I got sweeped anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Okay, so thanks to whoever posted the Laura mixup video. That was really helpful.

I'm trying to master her LP xx LP Elbow, but the timing is /incredibly/ tight on it. Is there anything I can do short of constantly working on it in training to make it easier?

Should be roughly same timing as s.Lp, s.Lp combo. The slightly easier (slower) one is c.lp, s.lk, qcf+lp.