Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's a comfy-rear end chair too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
No you join the White ops

They're like black ops but even more secret. Also they fight the alien threat, so you get to fight aliens

The trick is to find the recruitment center, which is a secret...

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

There's an even better one linked there:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-come-back.html

How do you gently caress this up?! How do you make these kinds of decisions without thinking it through?! I can barely but clothes because I want to make sure I make the right purchase and you are telling me that some people just go full terrorist without thinking twice?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I saw a new food truck parked outside near my house. Following the generic fake old-timey font and "IT'S ANTIQUE BUT NEW" Millenial (so called hipster) craze, it was a grilled cheese truck with fat young bearded and beanied guys behind the counter. On their reclaimed-wood signboard menu, their prices started at $12 and went up. All they sold was grilled cheese sandwiches.

Cool for them and stuff.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
did you slash the tires?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I'm just gonna leave this here...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/prepd-pack-the-lunchbox-reimagined#/

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Haier posted:

I saw a new food truck parked outside near my house. Following the generic fake old-timey font and "IT'S ANTIQUE BUT NEW" Millenial (so called hipster) craze

Shabby Chic

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Haier posted:

I saw a new food truck parked outside near my house. Following the generic fake old-timey font and "IT'S ANTIQUE BUT NEW" Millenial (so called hipster) craze, it was a grilled cheese truck with fat young bearded and beanied guys behind the counter. On their reclaimed-wood signboard menu, their prices started at $12 and went up. All they sold was grilled cheese sandwiches.

Cool for them and stuff.

lol 12 bucks for something that costs like a quarter worth of ingredients to make.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm trying to figure out the worst part: the fact that the standalone pack is $55, there's an app that comes with the drat thing, or these stats

too good for paper bags, millennials are

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Man Whore posted:

lol 12 bucks for something that costs like a quarter worth of ingredients to make.

It's even less than that. A friend of mine has an American Pickers type of business. American Heritage the style is called. I say lol let's buy some junk, spit on it and sell at a 800 percent mark-up.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

"instagram worthy lunches"

im going to kill myself, brb

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Madcosby posted:

"instagram worthy lunches"

im going to kill myself, brb
never mind, i know what the worst thing is

that phrase

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The entire premise of that entire video is "isn't lunch hard?"

no it's actually easy as gently caress. People complain these days they cant eat cereal because it means having to clean a bowl. Cereal is literally the loving easiest thing to clean out of a god drat bowl

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

im losing control

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

WaryWarren posted:

It's even less than that. A friend of mine has an American Pickers type of business. American Heritage the style is called. I say lol let's buy some junk, spit on it and sell at a 800 percent mark-up.

i never understood that. dude pulls out an old grill from a barn thats rusted to poo poo and goes "i can get 200 dollars for this all day!"

FROM WHOM? who is buying this poo poo

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
In case it wasnt linked (it prob was)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/23/this-is-the-height-of-laziness/

quote:

Almost 40 percent of the millennials surveyed by Mintel for its 2015 report said cereal was an inconvenient breakfast choice because they had to clean up after eating it.

So if you're an insufferable millenial twat and need to make a cool million on kickstarter, here's what you promise: Breakfast Bars. But call them b squared. Open with a shot of a sunset over San Francisco for some reason. Add quirky off-interest instrument playing the same four notes over and over. Then promise a device that compresses your choice of cereal, a little milk and a marshmallow into an instant, on-the-go bar that you can eat anywhere. And nothing to clean up afterwards! Oh it comes with an app that lists loving cereals. You will make millions. Explain it's easy to clean (even though that was the problem in the first place), safe for the environment, even if it was made in North Korea, and "stylish". I dont know what stylish means but if your object has rounded corners you hit the loving jackpot

I'm heading to san fran in a month. I used to love it htere, I ahvent been in 15 years. I think it's going to drive me insane

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dude, its like 100% more cleaning because mom won't do it

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Madcosby posted:

In case it wasnt linked (it prob was)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/23/this-is-the-height-of-laziness/

So if you're an insufferable millenial twat and need to make a cool million on kickstarter, here's what you promise: Breakfast Bars. But call them b squared. Open with a shot of a sunset over San Francisco for some reason. Add quirky off-interest instrument playing the same four notes over and over. Then promise a device that compresses your choice of cereal, a little milk and a marshmallow into an instant, on-the-go bar that you can eat anywhere. And nothing to clean up afterwards! Oh it comes with an app that lists loving cereals. You will make millions. Explain it's easy to clean (even though that was the problem in the first place), safe for the environment, even if it was made in North Korea, and "stylish". I dont know what stylish means but if your object has rounded corners you hit the loving jackpot

I'm heading to san fran in a month. I used to love it htere, I ahvent been in 15 years. I think it's going to drive me insane

You mean rice krispy treats?

Did you know you can make rice krispy treats with cereals other than rice krispies?

Because I am always amazed that people are amazed when I tell them that.

Alpha-Bits are particularly tasty in marshmallow-bar form, I find.

The advertising machine has convinced people that any kind of food preparation is just too hard for the common person, and requires special gizmos for each dish. It's been going on since the 50s, but I think the infomercial format of the 90s really perfected it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Fruit loops is god tier

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Madcosby posted:

no it's actually easy as gently caress. People complain these days they cant eat cereal because it means having to clean a bowl. Cereal is literally the loving easiest thing to clean out of a god drat bowl

im losing control

same

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
my adult palate can't handle the sweetness of fruit loops so i've moved on to golden grahams

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ive been on raisin bran crunch since it was released. now i just buy raisin bran and mix in a little granola into it

young me would consider this traitorous. i used to love cookie crisp but holy poo poo that stuff is like fiberglass on the roof of your mouth

edit: frosted flakes mixed 1:1 with corn flakes is also good. its too sugary on its own. i tend to mix my cereals now, which makes me think they last twice is long and thus im saving tons of money

cereal expensive, yall

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SaltLick posted:

Fruit loops is god tier

look everyone, this idiot never had cookie crisp

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

reallivedinosaur posted:

You mean rice krispy treats?

Did you know you can make rice krispy treats with cereals other than rice krispies?

Because I am always amazed that people are amazed when I tell them that.

Alpha-Bits are particularly tasty in marshmallow-bar form, I find.

The advertising machine has convinced people that any kind of food preparation is just too hard for the common person, and requires special gizmos for each dish. It's been going on since the 50s, but I think the infomercial format of the 90s really perfected it.
i too like a hard bar of processed diabetes to start off my mornings

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Isn't this basically just what lunch boxes are in Asia? Of course those savages don't have an app that goes with the lunch box so it isn't revolutionary as the lunchbox reimagined.

Kudos on finding a way to bring "we made the tupperware fit in the box nicely" into pretentious twatdom.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Holy poo poo, these people realize you can buy Tupperware at stores, don't they?

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I'm the guy in the background grabbing fist fulls of food out of my brown paper bag like a zoo animal wile jealously watching the guy eating salad out of his bento box.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Lufiron posted:

i never understood that. dude pulls out an old grill from a barn thats rusted to poo poo and goes "i can get 200 dollars for this all day!"

FROM WHOM? who is buying this poo poo

From what he tells me, people that live in refurbished buildings in neighborhoods like the Fulton Market in Chicago. It all ties into the hipster/millenial zeitgeist about treasuring authenticity and nostalgia.

oh hai, i didn't know you were a collector of rusted and tangled bicycle parts
i'll offer you 10 dollars for it
yes? ok, deal.
*drives back to store*
that will be 295 dollars pls lol

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

look everyone, this idiot never had cookie crisp

Cookie Crisp is dope as a cereal. but as a rice crispie esque treat fruit loops is drat good

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Nap Bar in Dubai invites visitors to sleep on soft pebble-shaped seats
http://www.dezeen.com/2016/02/28/nap-bar-smarin-installation-sleeping-zumtobel-lighting-warehouse-dubai/

"""Nap Bar""" you can't fool me those are gently caress Couches you gently caress on.

Look at this shithead:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
There is definitely quite a lot to be said about this generation, and I really would like to see hour long documentaries of this generation on youtube if there aren't already.

Wedemeyer posted:

http://www.dezeen.com/2016/02/28/nap-bar-smarin-installation-sleeping-zumtobel-lighting-warehouse-dubai/

"""Nap Bar""" you can't fool me those are gently caress Couches you gently caress on.

Look at this shithead:

For real, if I had one of those, I'd just run straight at it so I trip on the lower part and just fall face first into the bigger side. Over and over again.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose

Madcosby posted:

im losing control

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

""Within the secret services, it's said that British jihadis are more interesting because they have a higher intellectual level than their French colleagues, who are more often donkeys," one expert told the paper."

Wicker Man posted:

For real, if I had one of those, I'd just run straight at it so I trip on the lower part and just fall face first into the bigger side. Over and over again.

True, they do look comfortable, but making a 'bar' to nap in sounds so loving stupid. Like tumblr's concept of a bar for asexual people.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

that last panel advocates incestual blowjobs

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

Wedemeyer posted:

True, they do look comfortable, but making a 'bar' to nap in sounds so loving stupid. Like tumblr's concept of a bar for asexual people.

ah yes landlord, i'll have one rem 3.. no, make it 4! one rem4 fifteen minute nap. and send a light snooze over to the lady in red. open a tab and be warned: i'm paying with a check.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

symbolic posted:

that last panel advocates incestual blowjobs

holy poo poo it does

at least it's just a sarcastic blowjob tho

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wicker Man posted:

yeah, for drat realsies!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Wedemeyer posted:

Look at this shithead:

Be fartin all over dem couches while I napped. Yeah!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Sometimes I wonder how much of these products are brought about strictly from seeing crappy sci fi movie/show that has oblique, weird rear end furniture and thinking, "That poo poo looks so cool..."

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

WaryWarren posted:

From what he tells me, people that live in refurbished buildings in neighborhoods like the Fulton Market in Chicago. It all ties into the hipster/millenial zeitgeist about treasuring authenticity and nostalgia.

oh hai, i didn't know you were a collector of rusted and tangled bicycle parts
i'll offer you 10 dollars for it
yes? ok, deal.
*drives back to store*
that will be 295 dollars pls lol

I lived in an "artists loft" and my neighbor would "reclaim" rusted junk from abandoned buildings and arrange it into piles. Pretty sure his last one was from a toxic site. He didn't take it with him when he left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Liberator Platinum Edition

• Locked thread