Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Grand Tour!

So is there still no word AT ALL about a DB Super dub? It seems really weird that Funimation hasn't said anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

GRAND TOUR GRAND TOUR WELCOME TO THE GRAND TOUR DRAGON BALL GEE TEE

i always found gt to be much more mature visually compared to z

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They are still working on Kai. They have a hell of a backlog.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Augus posted:

I really want to hear Chris Ayres politely greeting everyone and feeding the orphans now.

hell yes

free dragon ball super, toei

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

CharlestheHammer posted:

They are still working on Kai. They have a hell of a backlog.

Are they? I haven't heard anything about Buu Kai either.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
They're probably going to announce it on Toonami or something.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

And then there's 60 episodes of Buu Kai to air before Super. Even if it's in the works it seems like it will still be a long while before English Super is a thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

mikeycp posted:

Are they? I haven't heard anything about Buu Kai either.

The actors talked about going in the both last summer and remember the Buu saga is still like two seasons even in Kai

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Well they need to get off of their asses and start dubbing it, at this rate we are going to get the Dragonball Super Abridged before the official dub. With the internet everyone in America is already going to have watched it all by the time they dub it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rutibex posted:

Well they need to get off of their asses and start dubbing it, at this rate we are going to get the Dragonball Super Abridged before the official dub. With the internet everyone in America is already going to have watched it all by the time they dub it.

"Getting off their asses" isn't the problem, the hold-up is on Toei's end. Toei is notoriously difficult to work with.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
it's not like the japanese execs are in any rush for their holiest of animated television to be gajinfied

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

JohnnyCocksville posted:

it's not like the japanese execs are in any rush for their holiest of animated television to be gajinfied

I'm sure they aren't afraid of making money and being an overseas success. BoGs and RF did great in theatres, no reason not to think Super wouldn't at least do decent.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

JohnnyCocksville posted:

Which is very weird, since people said the only reason Buu Kai exists is because Kai did better in Western audiences.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Covok posted:

I'm sure they aren't afraid of making money and being an overseas success. BoGs and RF did great in theatres, no reason not to think Super wouldn't at least do decent.

theyd rather be racist than rich

Momomo posted:

Which is very weird, since people said the only reason Buu Kai exists is because Kai did better in Western audiences.

Working more 18 hour days to appease americans? UGH

kai sucks anyway they cut too much action out

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

JohnnyCocksville posted:

If they think it is so holy they should keep up better animation standards :colbert:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

"Dragon Ball was a mistake, it's nothing but trash." -Akira Toriyama

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I wouldn't cut a single thing out of the Buu Saga. Even the filler is great.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I'd cut Buu. Just Saiyaman and tournaments for hundreds of episodes.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

A Saiyaman standalone series wouldn't go amiss, I feel.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

JohnnyCocksville posted:

theyd rather be racist than rich

Finally, a man with the proper understanding & appreciation for the rich and ancient Nippon culture.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mikeycp posted:

Yeah, the Buu Saga is when they figured out how to actually amp things up. Buu doesn't just kill you, he eats your soul, or worse he goes into the after life and double kills you! Frieza blew up one planet? Well Buu will blow up one per minute!

Buu made a child eat an old man, like, I don't know where you go from there.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mikeycp posted:

if they cut gohan's highschool hijinks they are seriously loving up. tbh I can't think of anything about the buu saga that should be cut either

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

XboxPants posted:

Finally, a man with the proper understanding & appreciation for the rich and ancient Nippon culture.

No he said they don't want to be rich, you've got it all backwards

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I finally got to catch up on the thread since Dragon Team released their subs and I got to watch them tonight.

I really doubt Frost was responsible for what happened to Goku, he looks surprised and exclaims how Goku is wide open before he takes him out. I would assume it was either Hit or Vados doing something.

It is quite amusing to see how much of a through the looking glass character set up everyone has been up to this point. Champa doesn't really care about staying the course of a god of destruction like Beerus, Vados is more of a force to push him down that path than Whis was to Beerus as well. The Saiyans and Arcosians(?) being forces of good to start with as well.

Speaking of Freiza's race, have they ever talked about that at all? I was disappointed to see everyone refer to Frost as Universe 6's Frieza, instead of another of his race.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Well it's not like they ever saw King Kold or know what Freeza's race is

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Freeza's race hasn't been named officially at all. Even in Xenoverse it's just "Freeza's race".

Frost is referred to as Universe 6's Freeza because that's exactly what he is. He's of the same race, has the same position, the same voice, and is the same kind of mutant with ungodly power. He isn't just another one of his race, he seems to literally be Freeza's U6 version.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Speaking of Freiza's race, have they ever talked about that at all? I was disappointed to see everyone refer to Frost as Universe 6's Frieza, instead of another of his race.

I don't think Frieza has a "race" per se, I think a few times I have heard him referred to as a mutant (Or, at least King Cold is the mutant). He must be unique, everyone in the universe knows about Frieza, but no one talks about his home planet. His strength can't come from his race, a whole planet of Friezas would be noticed.

He is also immortal, in the sense that he doesn't age, so there is no telling how old he is or where he came from.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rutibex posted:

I don't think Frieza has a "race" per se, I think a few times I have heard him referred to as a mutant (Or, at least King Cold is the mutant). He must be unique, everyone in the universe knows about Frieza, but no one talks about his home planet. His strength can't come from his race, a whole planet of Friezas would be noticed.

He is also immortal, in the sense that he doesn't age, so there is no telling how old he is or where he came from.

I like how we're starting to make Freeza sound more like Cthuluhu

Repster
Nov 29, 2014

Rutibex posted:

Frieza is a mutant, in that he is STUPIDLY overpower for his race. Much like say, your Tien or Krillin is to the human race. Weak as they may be in comparison, At peak power it's still tens of thousands times stronger then a normal human, and since Frieza's race would most likely be much stronger then the human race to start with, he's just that much more ridiculous.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Freeza's race hasn't been named officially at all. Even in Xenoverse it's just "Freeza's race".

Frost is referred to as Universe 6's Freeza because that's exactly what he is. He's of the same race, has the same position, the same voice, and is the same kind of mutant with ungodly power. He isn't just another one of his race, he seems to literally be Freeza's U6 version.

Where the hell did Arcosian come from then?

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Xenoverse calls them Freeza race but if you play as one Cell refers to you as a "Frost demon" when you fight him.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Repster posted:

Frieza is a mutant, in that he is STUPIDLY overpower for his race. Much like say, your Tien or Krillin is to the human race. Weak as they may be in comparison, At peak power it's still tens of thousands times stronger then a normal human, and since Frieza's race would most likely be much stronger then the human race to start with, he's just that much more ridiculous.
Yeah, I get the feeling being able to breath in space (snicker) is a racial ability, so a generic Frost Demon is probably up there with a normal Saiyan or Namekian.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Twiddy posted:

Yeah, I get the feeling being able to breath in space (snicker)

Well it can't just mean he doesn't need to breath, as Frieza clearly pants when he gets tired. This must mean that his race breaths single hydrogen atoms and cosmic rays.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Well it can't just mean he doesn't need to breath, as Frieza clearly pants when he gets tired. This must mean that his race breaths single hydrogen atoms and cosmic rays.

mmmm yes

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Drowning Rabbit posted:

They're mentioned as planet traders or some poo poo somewhere and meet with the early Saiyans. They're only named in the dub.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

It was invented by the dub as the name of the aliens that first makes contact with the Saiyans. It was assumed this was Freeza's Race, because they gave the Saiyans technology and hired them to capture planets.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Drowning Rabbit posted:

The funimation dub http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Arcosian

Frieza and his father are considered mutants because they're so stupidly strongly. I'd imagine you don't hear about his race because Frieza doesn't give a drat about them. Probably getting their poo poo pushed in like everybody else not defended by the galactic patrol

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 1, 2016

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Xenoverse calls them Freeza race but if you play as one Cell refers to you as a "Frost demon" when you fight him.

They were called Frost Demons in Dragon Ball Multiverse long before that. I'm guessing someone working on Xenoverse included that as a reference.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Also Frieza probably genocided his race to prevent any chance of another mutant like him appearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Also Frieza probably genocided his race to prevent any chance of another mutant like him appearing.

I actually fully accept this as fact.

Reminds me of this, strangely.

• Locked thread