Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
The ending to the Steve plot was so great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
"This isn't an ambulance! It's a goddamn HAMBULANCE! Ahhhhhhh! Pigs! THEY'RE ALL PIGS!"

What a great ending.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
More PETA propaganda from MacFarlane, heh.

I love when Klaus and Haley both get a lot of time in an episode, the chemistry there tends to be good and it's hard to otherwise find good spots for Klaus.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I feel sorry for the goons who said they're done with the show for the premiere (which indeed sucked), because these past two episodes could have been part of a classic season without anyone knowing or asking.

Great episode.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Steve & Co shouldn't have gotten sick like that. Once the temperature exceeds 120* F bacterial growth stops. That's one of the running principles of sous vide: low and slow. I've cooked chicken, beef, and pork at 145*F for three days and they all came out delicious.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I lost it at the hambulance.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Kinda wish it would've ended right there, like a Twilight Zone episode. But yeah, as someone said above, these last two have more than made up for "Roots."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ShadowCatboy posted:

Steve & Co shouldn't have gotten sick like that. Once the temperature exceeds 120* F bacterial growth stops. That's one of the running principles of sous vide: low and slow. I've cooked chicken, beef, and pork at 145*F for three days and they all came out delicious.

They cooked it for twelve days, and they're teenagers who are using a slow cooker for the first time without any instructions or supervision. I think it's pretty safe to assume they might do something wrong like set the temperature too low which would let the meat go bad. No idea how maggots got in there though.

Anyway, this was a great episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Go away Tim, you're not even a real pervert!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They cooked it for twelve days, and they're teenagers who are using a slow cooker for the first time without any instructions or supervision. I think it's pretty safe to assume they might do something wrong like set the temperature too low which would let the meat go bad. No idea how maggots got in there though.

Anyway, this was a great episode.

Yes, this was the unrealistic part of the episode and not the sentient pigs who sold them the slow cooker to begin with. :D

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
It's weird when nothing fantastical happens in act 3.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Mister Kingdom posted:

Fish and the Jeffman!

I loving lost it at that one.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Chris Knight posted:

I loving lost it at that one.
That bit ending with the lawyer handing him a C&D was great

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
N.S.A. (No Snoops Allowed)
Steve attends work with Stan and is introduced to the National Security Agency; and Hayley bags being a vegetarian and eats meat for a day.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The_Doctor posted:

N.S.A. (No Snoops Allowed)
Steve attends work with Stan and is introduced to the National Security Agency; and Hayley bags being a vegetarian and eats meat for a day.

She ate plenty of meat in "Camp Refoogee".

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
This past slowcooker/young Hailey episode should have been the season premiere.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Metropolis posted:

This past slowcooker/young Hailey episode should have been the season premiere.

It's really a shame that they decided to open the season with one of the worst episodes they've ever done because the last two weeks have been classic AD.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

haha Hayley's meat fantasy :stonk:

a good episode

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 16, 2016

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

haha Hayley's meat fantasy :stonk:

a good episode

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I like Roger's cut off grinning face in the background. Yeah, this one was good.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM

HorseRenoir posted:

It's really a shame that they decided to open the season with one of the worst episodes they've ever done because the last two weeks have been classic AD.

I actually like Roots the most out of this season so far. Don't get the hate.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

twistedmentat posted:

That's a good episode, but Ricky Spanish is by far the best episode they have ever done.

I can't decide between this and Adventures in Hayleysitting. That episode makes me laugh with almost every line. "You're doing great!" "That drunk prostitute isn't wearing her seatbeat!" "HEEY-" *looks down at her shoulder* "eeeey~..."

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Stan Smith Is Keanu Reeves as Stanny Utah in Point Break

Stan goes undercover as a surfer. Meanwhile, Steve strikes up a friendship with a drifter; Hayley might be pregnant; and Roger is determined to bring the World Cup to his backyard.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That sounds like an uncoordinated mess. Like they hrew some poo poo at the wall and realised that none of those ideas could fill half an episode.

But this show impresed me before. Maybe they have a way to tie all that together.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Some of those sideplots may not take up more than a few minutes, I would guess...

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
If there are 4 storylines, I suspect they will all come together in some epic fashion. This show has always stuck to an A and B plot, and sometimes even fill the episode with a single story. If they're deviating so strongly, my guess is there's a good reason for it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

HorseRenoir posted:

I know! Wilkes Barre got rid of our arena football team like 10 years ago.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I want to believe Patrick Stewart was doing that dance in the recording booth.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The tip is my favorite part Smith. The tip is all I need.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I want to believe Patrick Stewart was doing that dance in the recording booth.

need a gif of this asap

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

need a gif of this asap

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I like at the end the Black Agent is all "What?" when he starts dancing. It was a good usage of the subplots as not actually plots, but more just showing how crazy Stans life is.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Any chance someone with more skill than I have cutting out the horn from the episode where Roger kills the guys in the limo for my text message tone? Preferably the one where he kills the guy in the bathroom. I would really appreciate it.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Feb 29, 2016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Isn't it just La Cucaracha? Googling 'la Cucaracha horn' brings up a load of ringtones for it.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Kiss Kiss Cam Cam
Stan gets Francine baseball tickets for her birthday but is upset when they have a horrible kiss on the kiss cam; Steve and Roger head to Nevada to help clean polluted water.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

smashpro1 posted:

Kiss Kiss Cam Cam
Stan gets Francine baseball tickets for her birthday but is upset when they have a horrible kiss on the kiss cam; Steve and Roger head to Nevada to help clean polluted water.

This is going to be another one of those "B-plot is better than A-plot" episodes.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Stan as the Cuban ballplayer was pretty good.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The MC Skat Cat bit was very Family Guy.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

This season has been so much better than last. The first TBS season seemed like they were running out of steam, but this one's consistently great. Also, Francine's list of favorites that got progressively worse was amazing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nichael posted:

This season has been so much better than last. The first TBS season seemed like they were running out of steam, but this one's consistently great. Also, Francine's list of favorites that got progressively worse was amazing.

Gotta go with my boys, the Axis powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
"YA'LL READY FOR THIS?"

Ya'll ready for this?

Ya'll ready for this?

Ya'll ready for this?

Ya'll ready for this?