Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

I produce ITG solo with interviews with folks whereas OTVG is done as a roundtable and is affiliated with Voices of Wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Midnightghoul posted:

Why did he name his child after a Sharmell gimmick?

I'm wondering why he named her after Gordon.

Edit: And then I realised I probably have dyslexia.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

New op should have a write up on the pipers pit pod

Rip.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Midnightghoul posted:

Why did he name his child after a Sharmell gimmick?

He wanted to name her after something from wrestling. Whitney wanted something unique.

Then after they chose that they discovered the country singer.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Of course Bryan Alvarez would name his daughter, indirectly, after the two greatest things in wrestling, TNA and Mason Ryan.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
No mention of the Jim Ross podcast in our potential new OP?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BlueArmyMan posted:

Karl Stern's version of After Dark is the better one imo. His love for whatever he's talking about is infectious.

I generally only listen to Karl Stern's version if the subject matter interests me, but the one with him and his wife chatting about that haunted tour attraction they went to was great, they sound like an adorable couple :3:

After Dark with Bryan has its ups and downs, sometimes it is really good and sometimes it is pretty boring - this latest show wasn't particularly great. Agreeing on the Jonestown survivor recommendation though, that was a phenomenal interview.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I wish I cared about wrestling as much as John from Florida.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Jerusalem posted:

I generally only listen to Karl Stern's version if the subject matter interests me, but the one with him and his wife chatting about that haunted tour attraction they went to was great, they sound like an adorable couple :3:

I admit I have a strong bias for Karl Stern; I like his shows the best of all because it seems like he really researches the topics he talks about, or at least knows a good bit about them. I'll listen to anything he wants to talk about.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Yeah I really got into him during his July Marathon and have really enjoyed his bios. He does a lot more research of the Pioneer era than others and it's cool to hear about wrestling history in the Gotch era.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Is After Dark radio gonna be as bad as I think it'll be? Knowing Bryan does bigfoot hunting etc. I'm skeptic as you get (or from my point of view, sane and rational)

The few I've listened to aren't nearly as trainwrecky as the letters page in Fortean Times but if you want to listen to some people talk about their weird hobbies, yeah its pretty cool.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I miss Wrestlecrap Radio it was cool. Almost as cool as the Meme Lovin' Dudecast (RIP).

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/704443137922433024

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014

Luigi Thirty posted:

I still like MSL and Sullivan :shrug:

I do too!

Msl+sullivan
Aow
Flair(awkward silences, bad connections)
Konnan+bauer

I gave other podcasts a try, but i just couldnt buy in. How can i say? They sounded like a bunch of jojo marks. I tried the champions podcast, but hes too monotone and boring for me.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
On MLW, I really like Alex Greenfield as a podcast personality. He does Writers' room, drawing on his time working at WWE creative, and VIP Lounge with MVP. They had Edge on a few weeks ago, worth checking out.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I miss Wrestlecrap Radio it was cool. Almost as cool as the Meme Lovin' Dudecast (RIP).

They, like you, sucked.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Xerzes posted:

They, like you, sucked.

Nice

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/704524645978910720

Their first wrestling show together :unsmith:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

daaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I can't wait until Paisley pipes up during Raw with something like

"But Dada, didn't Bwock bweak Hunter's arm twice? Why is he putting Bwock in the triple threat? Does he want to get his arm bwoken again? He should want Dean Ambwose to win!"

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Always a shame when babies have babies

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan explaining being at the birth on Filthy Four Daily was hilarious.

"Holy poo poo, a little man just came out of my wife! :vince:"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan has beautiful eyes

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wait did he say she had a "natural birth" or whatever?

Okay!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
:bahgawd: SHE'S BUSTED WIDE OPEN!!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

dave had the scoops on the baby's birth before bryan's own family

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
don't gently caress with the scoopsmaster

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Rovert knew about the baby nine months ago.

He's the father

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
who's paisley's father? heh heh heh heh... ask oliver, he knows!

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

LordPants posted:

Okay!

Yup, no epidural.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

This week's Filthy Four Daily rules if you like birth stories, Tom talking about his upcoming fight, and a review of a lovely episode of TNA.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LordPants posted:

Okay!

They had her at a birthing centre instead of a hospital, which I assume means she had a midwife/doula instead of a regular OB. They can't do epidurals there since they'd need a doctor but they can usually give mothers nitrous oxide instead if they want it (though I figure Bryan would've mentioned if she used that).

Either that or 'birthing centre' is code for Dave's tape shed

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Knowing Whitney, I'm not surprised by any of that at all.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Listening to the start of WOR, I legit thought Dave was going to go into this whole thing about epidurals and talking about the mentality of birthing centers when he paused for a minute after saying "epidurals."

edit: "nobody tells ME what to do...except the subscribers I guess..." This is my favorite WOR Raw recap in awhile.

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 1, 2016

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

"I think she was in the womb all these years hearing Raw..." -Bryan, on his daughter

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I teared up at the loving gym listening to Filthy Tom crying and Bryan clearly trying not to cry and going 'it was so weird, it was so fuckin weird'

Unsubscribed

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

flashy_mcflash posted:

I teared up at the loving gym listening to Filthy Tom crying and Bryan clearly trying not to cry and going 'it was so weird, it was so fuckin weird'

Unsubscribed

What episode!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yesterday's Filthy Four Daily.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Alakaiser posted:

Listening to the start of WOR, I legit thought Dave was going to go into this whole thing about epidurals and talking about the mentality of birthing centers when he paused for a minute after saying "epidurals."

edit: "nobody tells ME what to do...except the subscribers I guess..." This is my favorite WOR Raw recap in awhile.

From now on Owens shall be known as The Plumber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tom: I wonder what Lance would think about this spot.
Bryan: He would not like it.
Tom: Would he like it more or less than libraries?

:vince:

• Locked thread