Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

this bean is a loving failure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Just chiming in to say as a Rune Factory/Harvest Moon vet who has had the main series somewhat killed for me by how streamlined and generally more interesting RF is, I'm still actually really enjoying this game. It has some really nice improvements over HM and has stuff like character advancement from RF which I dig. It's great to see Concerned Ape is actively looking at improving and adding new content too.

Exactly the type of game I've been hankering for on PC for a long time. Great Stuff.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Rookersh posted:

I'd be curious if you even can get a dance at the first Flower Festival.

You need 4 hearts to get a dance accept ( and apparently all are bugged so if they are married to you it doesn't count as having enough hearts, they'll have the no thank you line! ).

Of the potential romances, only Haley has a birthday in Spring. Her favorites however are ungettable in Spring, so you can't? get her to 4 stars by the festival. I wonder if you brought her a Daffodil on her birthday if it'd be enough to boost her to 4 hearts.
I just got Haley to 4 hearts on the Monday of Flower Festival week. Gave her two Daffodils each week including one on her birthday. I'll report back if I get a dance later.

Also had Pam and Shane at 4 hearts by buying them Beer on their birthday.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Someone earlier in the thread said they got a Pierre heart scene. I've got the dude at 5 hearts and I've only seen the plot-mandated coupon one, how do you trigger the others?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

this bean is a loving failure

When I first planted beans, I didn't mentally connect that "grows on a trellis" means "you can't walk through them like other plants". So naturally I planted them from the very start in a 3x3 arrangement.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

Khorne posted:

Left click on them with the bowl. It will give you milk or say they have no milk.

Thanks dude. I guess i didn't have the bowl clicked cause I could have sworn I tried that.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I still can't seem to get hay from my coop for the bundle. If I click on the hay without hay in my inventory, it counts up on the left but the item in my bar, the hay itself never goes above 1.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

I still can't seem to get hay from my coop for the bundle. If I click on the hay without hay in my inventory, it counts up on the left but the item in my bar, the hay itself never goes above 1.

The coup bin can be a bit wonky(and possibly buggy, I had it just devour like 12 hay yesterday on that exact same collection). But your best bet is to have the 4 slots empty, grab from four from the dispenser, shove them in a box, rinse and repeat. If all else fails drop a grand at the animal shop.

Edit drat I was cutting it close. sold 200g in fish to get to 10k exactly for the final backpack upgrade. Went to bad, crash to desktop from hitting level 10.

Alaan fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 1, 2016

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Why the gently caress isn't Shane a bachelor? I bet he'd clean up really nice.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
Ancient Fruit Jelly is 1550g a pop. Thats pretty bawler. I got like 12 vats constantly pickling stuff and planning on more. We're going big time here.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

dragon_pamcake posted:

Shane would have to get a new sprite and portrait as you gain relationship. drat only Pam looks rougher than him.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I want to set the Hobo and Pam up together

Khorne
May 1, 2002
For the person who was wondering, you can seed machine ancient fruit. Only wild crops and fruit tree fruit seems to not work. All of the stuff that comes from seeds and gets planted in tilled soil works as far as I can tell.

dragon_pamcake posted:

Why can't I marry Robin? Or evelyn? Or marnie?

I am disappointed in you ConcernedApe. You could have made anything possible, the sky is the limit, but instead you settled for the limitations of your predecessors.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

why can't I roleplay as the genderfluid transwolf I was meant to be? you are worse than Hitler, ConcernedApe

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

So I've tried about 10 times on various days, and It looks like in the Leah romance cutscene the option to "reason" with the ex doesn't work. Crash every time. You will just have to beat him up. Aw, shucks.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
This game is great. Also it fits on a USB stick and plays fine off of it. It's perfect for loving around during a boring work day.

Morris for most evil villain of the year

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Excelzior posted:

why can't I roleplay as the genderfluid transwolf I was meant to be? you are worse than Hitler, ConcernedApe

:yikes:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So is it possible to get a single to gain 10 hearts without giving them the flowers?

I want to sample a bit of everyone before settling down.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

So is it possible to get a single to gain 10 hearts without giving them the flowers?

Yes, you're just on the befriending stage and probably won't see any romantic scenes.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tired Moritz posted:

Good news: giving the flowers seems to be nonexclusive.

You can presumably be dating all ten simultaneously.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Nice.

Also the fact that corn-hating Goku is available but not Shane is hosed up

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
Where can you reliably get Iridium ore? I can only find it in geodes right now.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Tired Moritz posted:

Nice.

Also the fact that corn-hating Goku is available but not Shane is hosed up

Yeah I kind of like Shane. He's got issues but I can fix him.

Knowing modders I'm sure every character will eventually be available to date, along with the entire cast of MLP. Whether the nude mods and dragon dildos come before or after is the only question, really.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Any tips for someone about to start?

Crops to avoid? Random items you can pick up that are really valuable? Most attractive farm animals?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Away all Goats posted:

Crops to avoid? Random items you can pick up that are really valuable? Most attractive farm animals?

There is no way to fail. It's super, eternally chill. Just do whatcha can, have fun, explore around, grow some 'nips, go to some festivals. Use the wiki if you feel the need.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Away all Goats posted:

If you see three worms wriggling on a tile, use the hoe to dig it up. There's always something underneath.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Away all Goats posted:

Pick short duration crops at first. You get the returns faster and can reinvest in seeds. On top of that, most crops have pretty reasonable returns in this game. Things like Corn and the expensive stuff border on being a trap. Although you should plant a few anyway and keep them for gifts/community center.

Cauliflower is maybe worth it first year I didn't do the math, but the returns on it are really good. I'd definitely hold off on it though because you can do parsnip/potatos. Potatos are pretty legit, better than the spreadsheets/wiki say because you get multiple pretty often. With that said, they aren't super imbalanced or anything. I haven't done the min-max math because numbers weren't available when I started.

Hold right click while harvesting crops with a seed packet out and it will pick+plant at the same time. Makes recurring crops not nearly as convenient.

Make sure to pick all the berries you can when they start blooming on the bushes. You can get 100+ per day during whatever week of spring (and later autumn) they bloom. You can use these for energy, or you can turn them into jam/wine once you unlock one of those things. You could also sell them for a quick 2k-2.5k gold per day.

You need a silo to get hay. I don't know which is more efficient to build first. It probably depends how strapped for cash you are.

Crops take 1 day longer to grow than what the package says. Minimum. Barring special events/fertilizers/professions. A 4 day crop takes the day you plant it +4 days.

The fastest way through the mines is to mostly pick up/smash ores and kill monsters in my opinion. It's more important to get deeper at first than to thoroughly break rocks. Although sometimes you have to.

Boiler Room community center upgrade is ridiculously good and easy to do fast although it's bad for your social life.

The horse is even more amazing once you get enough income established, but this won't be for a while.

Horde fishing trash (except the newspapers) because recycling machines are great.

You can plant wild winter seeds during winter.

Upgrading hoe/watering can is actually not very important.

Remember to replant tree saplings on your farm. This makes no sense at first, but you should definitely plant a ton during the fall. You can be lazy about it until then because you don't have the energy/upgraded tools to make it really worthwhile until fall/winter.

Tap one of each tree at some point but no real need to rush to this. Maple sells the highest, but pine tar/oak whatever are used in certain recipes and for the community center.

Try to keep at least one of everything.

There's a cooking show that teaches you recipes but I don't know on which day because I am awful. It reruns on wednesday, I know that much.

If you want lake/river crab pots put them south of your town along the east bank of the giant lake (near marnie's, to the west of her). This will allow you to check for the black market lady who shows up at random on fri/sat?/sun, she can show up on friday, leave on sat, and come back on sunday with new stock. Pretty useful thing to know. It's also near respawning hard wood. Much later, when foraging hits 10, you can get hard wood from normal trees but by that point you should have hundreds stocked.

I can go all day on these advice snippets.

Oh, the bait machine is really underwhelming. It gives far too little bait although it produces from nothing so eventually it pays for itself I guess.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 1, 2016

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DoubleNegative posted:

If you see three worms wriggling on a tile, use the hoe to dig it up. There's always something underneath.

Just got my first instance of this. It was a Rock :downs:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Cygni posted:

There is no way to fail. It's super, eternally chill. Just do whatcha can, have fun, explore around, grow some 'nips, go to some festivals. Use the wiki if you feel the need.

My 'nips have been making some good progress this spring. They're a solid 3" now, a real mouthful. Should fetch a fair price if Pierre fancies 'em.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

The White Dragon posted:

Just got my first instance of this. It was a Rock :downs:

The only thing better is cracking open one of those super geodes that can hold any mineral and getting a single rock out. :argh:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

dragon_pamcake posted:

i'm genuinely surprised shane isn't a bachelor because i know a lot of people would love romancing the dude and have him lighten up + maybe eventually whisk him away from his poo poo job at the local walmart stand-in

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I am bad at fishing with both a mouse and a controller. It's the only part of this game that's making me consider cheating. I have maybe successfully caught a fish once. Anybody got hot tips?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Can I gay marry the hobo?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Just one more day.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITīS 3AM gently caress YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Geektox posted:

I am bad at fishing with both a mouse and a controller. It's the only part of this game that's making me consider cheating. I have maybe successfully caught a fish once. Anybody got hot tips?

unless the fish is resting, always keep your finger gently tapping. tap a little faster if the fish goes up, a little slower if it goes down. don't loose control of your fishing bar, if it starts bouncing around you're in trouble. go for the chests if you think you can, but getting the fish is more important. timing is the most important thing, keep trying and you'll figure it out :)

oh wait, fishing minigame? wrong thread, i thought this was an e/n marital problems thr-

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

nutranurse posted:

Can I gay marry the hobo?

No(t yet).

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Stardew Valley - You can't gay marry the hobo (yet)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Does grass die in the winter? I've been assuming it does but haven't seen anyone mention it yet. Got a pretty sizable self-sustaining field growing, want to know if I should stuff it all in the silo before the end of fall.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Two days before the end of spring and it is finally raining. I was starting to wonder if one of the patches had broken my save. It rained twice the first week then nothing since. One day to catch a catfish and eel, and the Fortune Teller forecasts bad luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Indecisive posted:

Does grass die in the winter? I've been assuming it does but haven't seen anyone mention it yet. Got a pretty sizable self-sustaining field growing, want to know if I should stuff it all in the silo before the end of fall.

It is 100% nuked and gone on the 1st of winter.