Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

panda clue posted:

I know you already know that CW is fundamentally against that and it will never happen. nice try m8

There are two things you can never do in the poe thread.

1. Don't start a pros/cons discussion about large changes to the trading system, it ends in a crazy derail.
2. Don't ever ever ever engage Duck and Cover.

You did both in one post. Admirable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014

funmanguy posted:

1. Don't start a pros/cons discussion about large changes to the trading system, it ends in a crazy derail.

im a god tier shitposter what can i say

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

funmanguy posted:

give me some of that loot you got earlier. TIA :glomp:

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Holyshoot posted:

give me some of that loot you got earlier. TIA :glomp:

I have no idea who you(or anyone) is in game.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Kild posted:

Eh my gear wasn't that good on my Monk and I only died going to act 2 until I got better gear and then didn't die again until Diablo all prenerf

I'm talking about like, Patch 1.0.3 (June or so) where it literally didn't matter what gear you had in A3+, if you got hit more than once you died. Most rares just one shotted you anyway.

It was definitely possible but I am going to call you a filthy liar if you try to tell me you did all of A3 and A4 without dying until Diablo. Either you are the best Monk player who ever existed or you're talking about some point post nerfs.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mystery Prize posted:

I'm talking about like, Patch 1.0.3 (June or so) where it literally didn't matter what gear you had in A3+, if you got hit more than once you died. Most rares just one shotted you anyway.

It was definitely possible but I am going to call you a filthy liar if you try to tell me you did all of A3 and A4 without dying until Diablo. Either you are the best Monk player who ever existed or you're talking about some point post nerfs.

I did it all prenerf. I killed Diablo like a day or 2 before the nerf.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Is Incinerate more viable now with any of the ascendancy classes? None of them seem to fit it particularly well when I looked at them.

Also, are there any builds that fit Eldritch Battery + Zealot's Oath + Mind Over Matter better than most? It's tough to find sources of life leech that far north in the tree to cover the lost regen.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Vanguard Warden posted:

Is Incinerate more viable now with any of the ascendancy classes? None of them seem to fit it particularly well when I looked at them.

chieftan is like the ascendancy for incinerate, and its going to be good with it as well.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Thoughts on Champion Duelist with a bow skill (probably LA)? Permanent 24% Fortify and a ton of extra evasion/armor/movespeed seems really good on a LA character and it means I can probably afford to run less life and more damage.

Free +1 chain from Deadeye Ranger seems amazing too, though.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

funmanguy posted:

I have no idea who you(or anyone) is in game.

tonic317(dontplayfromyourtablet) meanie head!

J
Jun 10, 2001

Full post on perandus league details. Some new uniques spoiled in here too.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

quote:

Flasks do not apply to you.
Flasks apply to your zombies and specters.

That loving belt!! Wish it worked with Animate Guardian.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

How would you build an EA Duelist? All the damage nodes around Duelist seem to be projectile damage and accuracy, neither of which EA needs.

Also man is it hard to not just want to go Scion Pathfinder+Something on basically everything.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Count Uvula posted:

That loving belt!! Wish it worked with Animate Guardian.
Coruscating Elixir Minion Instability. Someone make it happen.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Safari Disco Lion posted:

How would you build an EA Duelist? All the damage nodes around Duelist seem to be projectile damage and accuracy, neither of which EA needs.

Also man is it hard to not just want to go Scion Pathfinder+Something on basically everything.

EA is a projectile, so projectile damage works just fine. It's the Deadeye Projectile ATTACKS that doesn't work, as EA is not an attack or a spell.

Just copy the standard Scion EA tree and swap some of the random stuff for Duelist area things. I am sure someone will have a good tree for Duelist EA soon as it's going to be a very popular version of EA for anyone on hardcore.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
New best in slot leveling boots?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

To those who thought/think I was trolling what other improvements to trading do you think they'll add? (I suppose anyone can answer this)

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Cinara posted:

EA is a projectile, so projectile damage works just fine. It's the Deadeye Projectile ATTACKS that doesn't work, as EA is not an attack or a spell.

Just copy the standard Scion EA tree and swap some of the random stuff for Duelist area things. I am sure someone will have a good tree for Duelist EA soon as it's going to be a very popular version of EA for anyone on hardcore.

Oh, I thought proj damage didn't apply to the explosion. I guess you could path down through Art of the Gladiator and then head towards Blood Magic. You'd have basically no damage bonuses for like 40 levels except a couple of proj damage nodes, and EA isn't even available until 28, so that early game is gonna be boring as poo poo, but you're near Golem's Blood which is nice for anything BM later on.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Oh, I thought proj damage didn't apply to the explosion. I guess you could path down through Art of the Gladiator and then head towards Blood Magic. You'd have basically no damage bonuses for like 40 levels except a couple of proj damage nodes, and EA isn't even available until 28, so that early game is gonna be boring as poo poo, but you're near Golem's Blood which is nice for anything BM later on.

proj does.

the explosion is projectile, area, and fire (which means it's also elemental). It isn't attack, spell, or weapon.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Huh, apparently the league coins are tradable too
(though thinking about it, why wouldn't they be? everything is)

Would be interesting to see how they get valued.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

proj does.

the explosion is projectile, area, and fire (which means it's also elemental). It isn't attack, spell, or weapon.

Yknow, if you're going through Duelist, some accuracy from the tree is basically unavoidable. Wonder how viable it'd be to drop RT and go for Elemental Overload for 2 more points. Even if you're at 85-90% chance to hit, you're firing so many arrows so quickly I don't think missing one out of 9 or 10 is going to matter compared to 40% increased damage with almost permanent uptime.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Gheed Mode.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Gheed League

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Gheed is Good

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Gheed Weed

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

panda clue posted:

chieftan is like the ascendancy for incinerate, and its going to be good with it as well.

Why Chieftain? Assuming we're not talking about Incinerate totem, Chieftain gives: 30% increased fire damage, 35% increased damage against burning enemies, and 10% fire penetration (and some leech)?

Meanwhile, Elementalist would give you: 30% elemental damage, 8% cast speed, 4s of 100% elemental damage every 10s, 20% fire penetration on casting a lighting skill (Orb of Storms or even just Lightning Warp) and depending on how you're pathing, then the potential for Elemental Conflux.

Or you go Inquisitor and gain: 30% elemental damage, 20% spell damage, 4% cast speed & 20% cast speed (activated just by whirling blades), 30% crit multi & 45% crit multi on enemies with status effects, 100% crit chance against enemies with no status effects, and your non-crits will penetrate 10% elemental resistance (same as chieftain) while your Incinerate crits will ignore elemental resistance completely. Considering that the Increased Critical Strikes gem gives base crit now, Incinerate will be able to finally crit.

You could probably also build Assassin to go fully Incinerate crit, but I'm kind of partial to the Inquisitor.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

elemental conflux probably wouldn't work great with incinerate, very low damage per hit and all

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

AegisP posted:

Considering that the Increased Critical Strikes gem gives base crit now, Incinerate will be able to finally crit.
You could probably also build Assassin to go fully Incinerate crit, but I'm kind of partial to the Inquisitor.

Uhh... This sounds utterly garbage. You could use increased critical strikes to activate Elemental Overload, but investing a ton in to crit for a base chance of probably under 3% seems crazy.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

AegisP posted:

(and some leech)?

1% fire leech is kinda the major point of going Chieftan. You cannot get that much fire leech through gear or through the tree otherwise, only by straight up using the life leech gem. This makes it essentially a free link for incinerate, ignoring every other bonus in the entire tree.

If you're doing any sort of critting with incinerate it is also probably just to proc Elemental Overload.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

elemental conflux probably wouldn't work great with incinerate, very low damage per hit and all

Ignite and Frozen will likely not do all that much, but probably be able to Shock at the bare minimum duration, which with the cast speed of Incinerate would likely produce some damage increase.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/48eslp/new_labyrinth_rewards_up_to_10_lootable_chests/

this owns. optional hardmodes of labyrinth boss for more loots

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Yea, the treasure key system with lootable chests at the end seemed to be quite exciting as an option for those runs.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

panda clue posted:

1% fire leech is kinda the major point of going Chieftan. You cannot get that much fire leech through gear or through the tree otherwise, only by straight up using the life leech gem. This makes it essentially a free link for incinerate, ignoring every other bonus in the entire tree.

If you're doing any sort of critting with incinerate it is also probably just to proc Elemental Overload.

Scion with Berserker as one of your picks gets 1.5% generic leech, it is an incredibly strong pick for a lot of builds from that alone.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Cinara posted:

Scion with Berserker as one of your picks gets 1.5% generic leech, it is an incredibly strong pick for a lot of builds from that alone.

I was actually thinking of also including this as an option, and I guess I should have because you are absolutely right. Scion with Berserker + wildcard is excellent for many casters for the free leech alone. For cast on crit it is particularly absurd because 1) it allows you to do CoC early in a league with only a 5L volls instead of needing a 6L to be a respectable build, and 2) when you do get a 6L, you can use a third payload spell, which is crazy.

I think Chieftan is a better option for most fire caster builds if you want to lean on the tankier side, but Scion + Berserker works great too if you want a heavier damage focus.

edit: vvv get owned nerd vvv

panda clue fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Mar 1, 2016

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

panda clue posted:

Scion Berserkers gets 1.5%.

Cinara posted:

Hey don't copy me you future seeing jerk.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 1, 2016

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Iron Grip works with Incinerate, right? Thinking of something like this for an Iron Grip / Iron Will Incinerate Marauder
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...NWm8B8Es2jywGY=

Best viewed in the offline skill planner, if online also note that I'm taking the requisite Chieftan nodes.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Mar 1, 2016

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Iron Grip is for ranged weapon attacks. Iron Will is the equivalent for spells.

It looks like an Ascendant with Berserker and Deadeye will probably make the best incinerate character. The Berserker node grants 10% more damage and 1.5% generic leech, while the Deadeye node grants 20% increased projectile speed, up to 30% increased projectile damage, and one extra projectile for wider coverage.

Is there a relatively easy way of getting +1 projectile other than the Deadeye node? It'd be nice if I could spare the LMP link, and skills that fire two projectiles are kind of weird to control.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Vanguard Warden posted:

Iron Grip is for ranged weapon attacks. Iron Will is the equivalent for spells.

It looks like an Ascendant with Berserker and Deadeye will probably make the best incinerate character. The Berserker node grants 10% more damage and 1.5% generic leech, while the Deadeye node grants 20% increased projectile speed, up to 30% increased projectile damage, and one extra projectile for wider coverage.

Is there a relatively easy way of getting +1 projectile other than the Deadeye node? It'd be nice if I could spare the LMP link, and skills that fire two projectiles are kind of weird to control.

Yeah, wasn't sure if it would work. Iron Grip says Projectile and Incinerate is listed as Projectile but guess it's that drat "attack" verbiage.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
You know, I just realised something from Witch's Elemental Conflux notable. It causes Chill, Shock and Ignite. Chill, not freeze. Which won't shatter enemies.

Holy poo poo, I think this could make burn proliferate come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

If they can't bother to give everyone one free public stash tab, they shouldn't have even tried to fix trading. What a waste of time.

• Locked thread