Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

We're a very fair minded team, one for you, one for you, one for you aaaaand one for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren:This round is over, update your fighters, place bets.:siren:

Super Secret Note for Petting Zoo Eyes Only:

Do something with your points because my fighter is useless and you all need to pick up the slack.

And Impy, post a link to that fighter kill tally you have going please and thank you. I hate having to hunt for it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I done all my gamble dumping.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
This is a rarity, a perfect division of kills amongst a team. The entirety of 2CWD pitch in. Stumpy and Richard are in double figures, 11 and 10 respectively.

Since it's the end of the round, here's the leaderboard.

Chaz Steadyfist, 17 kills.
James LargeSausage, 16 kills.
Sriracha Fartstorm Returns, In Like Flynn, Qwarf, Jimbo Akimbo, 3 Wolf Moon Shirt, 13 kills.
Dusseldwarf, 12 Kills.
Stumpy, 11 kills.
Snarls Barkley, Albirik the Insignificant, Turquoise Tonic, Candy Corn Tiger, Simon Belmole, Richard Kyanka, 10 kills.

Five unblooded remain.

Ten rounds have taken place. This means 40 opposing gladiators.

Chaz Steadyfist is only three kills off having killed half the gladiators he has faced.

Chaz and James have killed the equivalent of 4 entire teams, having faced ten.

Edit: Tally is here.

Jazz, any chance we get this in the initial posts so Spermy doesn't have to search or ask in future?

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
I knew smuggling in a pair of silver knuckledusters would pay off eventually:

quote:

Suck and gently caress bashes Urist McLee in the upper body with her silver war hammer, bruising the muscle, jamming the right false ribs through the liver and tearing the liver!
Stumpy punches Urist McLee in the upper body with her right hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the right false ribs through the liver and tearing the liver!

And man, the next round is going to be brutal for betting, it consists almost entirely of very even match-ups.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Mygna posted:

And man, the next round is going to be brutal for betting, it consists almost entirely of very even match-ups.

It's never an even matchup when Jimbo's on the field.

read that however you like

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Mygna posted:

I knew smuggling in a pair of silver knuckledusters would pay off eventually

That doesn't make suck and gently caress look too good...

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Dirty Frank posted:

That doesn't make suck and gently caress look too good...

Well, this is Dwarf Fortress, so there's a 50-50 chance that that was just the punch hitting the same spot and pushing the bone splinters in a bit deeper.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I wish skill trading was an option. Every round you could sell off one level of a skill for half its cost.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Hey Subterranean Animists, update your fighters! Buy some slade codpieces or whatever, just use the points!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Hey Subterranean Animists, update your fighters! Sell all your armor, weapons, and invest in kicking.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hey Subterranean Animists! Hi. How you doin'.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
Ugh adamantine daggers are soooooo expensive I'm never gonna get one. Even steel is far away!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

LorrdErnie posted:

Ugh adamantine daggers are soooooo expensive I'm never gonna get one. Even steel is far away!

I saved my points from last round and it worked out that I had precisely enough points to get the upgrade I wanted for this round. Y'all better watch out!

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

Decoy Badger posted:

Hey Subterranean Animists, update your fighters! Buy some slade codpieces or whatever, just use the points!

I have been! I have like 100 atm, barely enough for a platinum condom for my dwarven junk

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Bad Munki posted:

I saved my points from last round and it worked out that I had precisely enough points to get the upgrade I wanted for this round. Y'all better watch out!

I could buy a hat but then I'd be farther away from a good stabber.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
who even cares if i spend my points, apeliminator will never win anything anyway

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

alcharagia posted:

who even cares if i spend my points, apeliminator will never win anything anyway

Yell at your team for not pulling their weight instead of blaming your own fighter.

Its what I do, and I feel better.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

alcharagia posted:

who even cares if i spend my points, the nameless unblooded which shames me, my family, and my nation will never win anything anyway

Fixed that for you. He's even less useful than you think.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!
Oh for loving out loud.

Just when I think she's got the message about not running in face first, she goes and gets taken down in two chump shots.

That's it. The sign goes back on.

At least our armourer does his job right.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

AJ_Impy posted:

Jazz, any chance we get this in the initial posts so Spermy doesn't have to search or ask in future?

Sure, I'll put a link to it in the results post, which I also need to update.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 29, 2016

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Looking forward to our team's fight against the Plump Helmets. From what I've seen of the FARTSTORM his successes have come out of quickly incapacitating opponents by shattering their arms, but almost everyone on the Plump Helmets is wearing armored gauntlets. Also, they have Panty Thief. :ohdear:

So I posted that, and then

quote:

Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) grabs SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Worse Munki) by the small cow leather leggings with his left hand!
Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) strikes SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Worse Munki) in the left upper arm with his small cow leather leggings, bruising the muscle!
Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) strikes SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Worse Munki) in the right lower arm with his small cow leather leggings, bruising the muscle!
Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) strikes SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Worse Munki) in the right hand with his small cow leather leggings, bruising the fat!

Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) strikes Werewolf 1 in the head with his small cow leather leggings, bruising the muscle through the large silver helm!

:stare:

God that thing frightens me.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Decoy Badger posted:

Huh, I thought I needed more points than that to stab better. Thanks for the reminder.

Frozen_flame posted:

I have been! I have like 100 atm, barely enough for a platinum condom for my dwarven junk

Save it if you have a big purchase you need to save for (better-than-copper sword), and don't bother blowing it on something that won't help you (THIRD copper mail shirt) just to spend em.

Captaindirtnap fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 29, 2016

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug

Bad Munki posted:

code:
gbuchold                        1542
I was part of the middle class once but now it's all gone. The times they are a changin'. #FeelTheUrist

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'll try to get on tonight but I'm working for a while yet, please don't rush end of round

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I have placed my bets. I think all teams I have bet on will probably win their rounds EXCEPT FOR Team Laser Explosion and Cool Rad Awesome Pals , who I think will probably lose but have upset potential to be worth a small investment, and Lightly Whipped who is my team so eh might as well throw in 18 bux as pity support.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Well, I am all in on Lightly Whipped this round!

It's not inconceivable that this is their chance to shine.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

ZeeToo posted:

Well, I am all in on Lightly Whipped this round!

It's not inconceivable that this is their chance to shine.

Hot drat a full 100 dorf bux. Big spender.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Sure, I'll put a link to it in the results post, which I also need to update.

And the fanart :ssh:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ramc posted:

And the fanart :ssh:

:ughh: Sorry, I've fallen behind on updating the OP. The fanart post should be up to date, please let me know if anything's missing!

Also, I've put a link to AJ Impy's kill tally at the top of the results post. I think I'd like for the site to eventually host the kill tally itself by tracking the individual kills by round, as long as it doesn't create too much work for the commissioners.

EDIT: Also, I predict that this is the round that Lightly Whipped finally gets off the schneid, one round after suffering the ignominy of being the first team in the tournament to be mathematically eliminated* from the possibility of winning their division. They aren't mathematically eliminated from a spot in the playoff yet, though.

*If, against all odds, Lightly Whipped wins the rest of their matches and Subterranean Animists lose the rest of theirs, Subterranean Animists would finish with a 9-9 record in the Bronzestabbed Division, and Lightly Whipped would finish behind them at 8-10.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 1, 2016

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

So I posted that, and then

quote:

Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) grabs SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Worse Munki) by the small cow leather leggings with his left hand!
Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) strikes SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Worse Munki) in the left upper arm with his small cow leather leggings, bruising the muscle!
Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) strikes SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Worse Munki) in the right lower arm with his small cow leather leggings, bruising the muscle!
Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) strikes SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Worse Munki) in the right hand with his small cow leather leggings, bruising the fat!

Return of Panty Thief (Plump Helmets) strikes Werewolf 1 in the head with his small cow leather leggings, bruising the muscle through the large silver helm!

:stare:

God that thing frightens me.

Panty Thief posted:

Dear Diary,

Today I showed my friends Lightly Whipped how to deliver a proper whipping! :)

(What, you can't cause bruises through a solid metal helmet with a pair of leather trousers? It's easy, doesn't even take any misc object skill.)

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
A bit late to the party, but glad to see Go Big getting another win. 6W4L isn't too shabby a record, and Willy getting a kill makes me all kinds of proud.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

AJ_Impy posted:

This is a rarity, a perfect division of kills amongst a team. The entirety of 2CWD pitch in. Stumpy and Richard are in double figures, 11 and 10 respectively.

Since it's the end of the round, here's the leaderboard.

Chaz Steadyfist, 17 kills.
James LargeSausage, 16 kills.
Sriracha Fartstorm Returns, In Like Flynn, Qwarf, Jimbo Akimbo, 3 Wolf Moon Shirt, 13 kills.
Dusseldwarf, 12 Kills.
Stumpy, 11 kills.
Snarls Barkley, Albirik the Insignificant, Turquoise Tonic, Candy Corn Tiger, Simon Belmole, Richard Kyanka, 10 kills.

Five unblooded remain.

Ten rounds have taken place. This means 40 opposing gladiators.

Chaz Steadyfist is only three kills off having killed half the gladiators he has faced.

Chaz and James have killed the equivalent of 4 entire teams, having faced ten.

I wonder what the majority of kills are caused by? Beheading?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Afriscipio posted:

From what I've seen its probably beheading with a distant second place being: "the spear strikes **unconscious** in the head and the injured part is cloven asunder!"

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ok, done.

I hope these points get less stingy though - is it common?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Yeah, I'm just waiting to be able to purchase a worthwhile skill upgrade.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Afriscipio posted:

Good question. Head destruction/removal is probably the leading cause of death, followed by blood loss.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

AJ_Impy posted:

Good question. Head destruction/removal is probably the leading cause of death, followed by blood loss.

When Josie goes down, it is almost invariably to blood loss because that is about the only thing that can stop her.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Bets betted, points pointed. Judging by the betting ratios we are going to get fully owned next round. That or I'll become insanely rich. Hopefully my strategically timed upgrade turns me into an invulnerable murder machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oh hey, its 3-sword-antwoman vs 3-sword-antwoman in my fight. Both of us up top too.

Good luck, rest of my team, I plan on dying in 9 seconds.