Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I like reading build chat here because I learn stuff I didn't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday
I've yet to see a good place for listing builds. There just needs to be someplace that lists them in a "this skill, this skill, this skill, points here, these weapons..." fashion, yet every place I've looked is poorly organized and each build is a wall of text from the author on useless poo poo.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Yeah that's the other reason I like reading stuff here, especially ennuid's stam build posts. Start off with the skills and bars and gear and then explain why afterwards.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Exactly.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

My least favorite is video only builds.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Interpretative dance only builds are the worst.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Berke Negri posted:

My least favorite is video only builds.

Those are pretty terrible, especially the ones where you have to pause them and look at the bars because they never actually talk about the build.

Mercurius posted:

especially ennuid's stam build posts

:tipshat:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I logged back in to the Al Tura Estate outside Wayrest, and downstairs a handful of RPers were having a meeting. In the few seconds I was in the building, the conversation quickly turned from thinly RP-veiled internet drama to full on internet drama.txt

My only regret is not capturing "*she sighs to herself* vampires and their drama..."

Also, a well put together stamina DK build post would be cool.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

I've seen some great ones because for me they're always out of context. Like, I'll have a single line pop up in chat and none of the others that are related to it. But that's how it always gets weirdly hilarious or, perhaps, hilariously weird, YMMV. "'You don't have to be so gentle, I don't easily break' she whispered, hoping to ignite a greater passion" I double-took so hard I think I might need spine surgery.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Does anyone know why character names need to be unique (PS4-side, at least)? Is there some secret way to display character names instead of PSN account names?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Just play the god damned game already, dread

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

titties posted:

Does anyone know why character names need to be unique (PS4-side, at least)? Is there some secret way to display character names instead of PSN account names?

As of right now, no, but in the future you will have the option of showing your character name instead of PSN.

Gom Jabbar
Oct 3, 2005
The high-handed enemy
PSN Midas38

Just got this Any of the goon guilds active?

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Gom Jabbar posted:

PSN Midas38

Just got this Any of the goon guilds active?

No.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
dont be curt you'll scare away the new ones

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

What I mean is you're not going to see more than one or two people online at a given time, not that none of us play.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?
But the gbank is an excellent resource and good place to dump mats as I do.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I.. uh.. have you guys seen this? http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/02/16/hearts-day-love-in-eso

JackBadass posted:

What I mean is you're not going to see more than one or two people online at a given time, not that none of us play.
There's a quick fix to this problem, but I'm not sure you're quite ready to join the master race.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
I used to be part of the goon guild back in the day. During beta, I think? To get back in what do I need to give you guys? I recently reinstalled the game to give it another go.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Overemotional Robot posted:

To get back in what do I need to give you guys?
@accountname, after you've brought the server back to life from maintenance.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

valuum posted:

There's a quick fix to this problem, but I'm not sure you're quite ready to join the master race.

I'm already on PS4. Joined last summer.

whats the haps yo
Feb 25, 2009

I am the Emperor, and I want dumplings.
Just started playing this game again recently with a friend after hitting max level at launch and immediately quitting. Anyone able to send me an invite to the guild? I'm @blockmind in game, also looking to buy or beg a vampire bite if anyone has one up.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Invite sent, and I have two bites up on EP.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
I think I'm @overemotionalrobot if I can get an invite.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Invite sent!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Now I'm in the black hole of trying to put together an outfit for TG, using my cache of VR14 mats. They really need an preview window for stuff while crafting, also I'm hoping the barbershop options in DB is more than haircuts cause there's a lot of stuff I'd like to tweak on my main (body, face, voice)

edit: also if they want to stick to their guns on VR16 being ridiculous and monster armor pieces your go to they need some custom costume designer.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 2, 2016

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Is there a barber shop in the update? And yeh, it is very hard to tell how stuff will actually look from the tiny icons in the crafting windows.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Sogol posted:

Is there a barber shop in the update? And yeh, it is very hard to tell how stuff will actually look from the tiny icons in the crafting windows.

It is supposed to be coming with Dark Brotherhood DLC in the summer, I believe.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Berke Negri posted:

It is supposed to be coming with Dark Brotherhood DLC in the summer, I believe.

That seems to be the tagline for ESO. "Basic functions: coming soon!"

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Imperial Sewers pre-end game: "Where is everyone? I'd love to run the sewers, but this place is dead empty."
Imperial Sewers post-end game: "Time to do some solo tel-var farmi... oh, or just steal all my kills. Thanks, hundreds of people now in the sewers."

It's like this game knows when I'm in a good mood.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren:BUILD TALK - STAMINA SORCERER TANK/DPS (aka The THUNDER HOUSETM):siren:

Goal - To actively tank and murder everything in a dungeon. THIS BUILD IS VETERAN CRYPT OF HEARTS HARD MODE, VETERAN BANISHED CELLS HARD MODE, and CITY OF ASH HARD MODE APPROVED (Thank you PUGs for helping me prove this actually works). NOT tested for Veteran White-Gold Tower or Veteran Imperial City Prison (gently caress those dungeons).

Difficulty Factor - 8.5/10; requires constant vigilance on buff bars and is more geared towards actively seeking out larger threats and assuming your Healer and DPS can handle themselves; No group buffs aside from War Horn or Barrier

Fun Factor - 10/10; no need to just sit there holding block while the big guys hit you, you can actually hit back, and hard too!

Race - Imperial: Their Health + Stamina racial bonuses help this build out the most
Alternative options include: Redguard (Stamina and Stamina Regen racials) and Dunmer (Stamina + Magicka Racial Bonuses)

The Build

(Fully buffed stats are ~25k Health, 38k/1300 Stamina regen Stamina on S&B bar, and 14k Magicka with tri-stat; 25k Health and 33k Stamina/1800 Stamina regen on S&B bar with Health+Stam Regen food; 2900 Weapon Damage with buffs up on 2H, 2600 on S&B.
  • I go 5/1/1 for the Undaunted Mettle passive which grants me an additional 4% to Health/Magicka/Stamina.
  • Mundus stone is Thief (for those Wrecking Blow/Executioner crits). Alternatives include Tower (Max Stamina), Serpent (Stamina Regen), or Lord (Max Health).
  • Blood Spawn 2pc is probably the most important thing to have here, since it helps you build ultimate extremely fast and also gives you a massive boost in Armor and Spell Resist. With this build I can focus more on damage dealing and still be able to hit 28k resists with Major Ward/Resolve and Blood Spawn proc (which procs fairly often). Ideal weights are light and medium, and ideal traits are Divines or Reinforced.
  • I use Black Rose for my 5-piece Heavy Armor build since it grants additional Health/Stamina, and the 5-pc bonus grants me additional Weapon Damage; preferred trait is Reinforced but Infused and Divines will also work.
  • I would also consider using the Tormentor set for increased healing, and the AoE taunt when using a charge ability as well as the additional increase in armor and spell resist (which stacks with Major Ward/Resolve AND the Blood Spawn proc).
  • Twice-Born Star would also be a viable alternative just for the double mundus buff allowing me to run both the Health and Stamina mundus stones.
  • Enchants are Health on large pieces, Stamina on the smaller pieces. It's really player's choice here.
  • Ideally, I would be running a Maelstrom Maul or Battle Axe for the additional Weapon Damage and the sweet DoT from Crit Charging an enemy, but VMSA is a slog and I'd have to hate myself to sit down one day and do it in one go (also, saved progress is coming with TG so I'll probably go for one then). Preferred trait is Sharpened.
  • Since I run Endurance for my jewelry set, I run Agility on my Sword and Board for the stamina increase. Preferred trait on Sword is Precise (Ransack can crit for 10k, giving me about 5k health back from Crit Surge), and preferred trait on Shield is Reinforced, followed by Infused and Divines.
  • As mentioned before, my jewelry set is Endurance, with all 3 pieces enchanted for Weapon Damage
  • Depending on the dungeon, I will either use Tri-Stat food for more Magicka, or Health+Stamina Regen food (this is an Orsinium food) for more sustain.

The Bars

• The Main bar is pretty standard. Ransack for taunt; Razor Caltrops (gotta PvP for this) for AoE snare and DoT; Boundless Storm (I'M NOT USING THUNDERING PRESENCE, ennuid) for Major Resolve, Major Ward, and an AoE DoT; Resolving Vigor (hello another PvP skill) for self-heals (heals for about 10k over 5 seconds); Bound Armaments for the extra Stamina, and the Daedric Protection passive (+20% Health and Stamina recovery while slotted). Overload is my ult here, mainly because I have another set of self-buffs on my third bar.
  • Secondary Bar is also pretty explanatory. Critical Charge for my opener (and an emergency heal with Crit Surge up). I use Brawler for trash pulls, mainly because it's a frontal AoE that also grants me a damage shield for each enemy hit (I can pull up to an 18k damage shield from this, lol). When we're dealing with single targets like bosses, I swap this out for Wrecking Blow for the extra DPS. Executioner is slotted for the additional damage to 2-hander skills when targets are below 25% health, and to finish off targets as well, which procs the Battle Rush Passive, giving me 30% more stamina regen (plus it's loving awesome to pull 25k executioners on bosses in all heavy armor). Rally is an additional Heal over Time to complement Vigor and Crit Surge. Bound Armaments for the same reason it's slotted on my main bar.
  • The slotted Ultimate on my secondary bar varies on the situations. If we're running through easy dungeons, it's usually Aggressive Horn, which grants +10% Max Health/Stamina/Magicka to allies as well as Major Force, increasing Critical Hit damage by 30% for 9.5 seconds. If we're running harder stuff, I'll go for Reviving Barrier, which grants all allies a 35k damage shield while also healing them for 13k health over the duration of the shield (even after the shield expires too). Both of these are Alliance War (aka PvP) skills, with Horn being the easier to get since it's a Rank 4 skill, while Barrier is a Rank 6 skill. Alternatives include Negate Magic (from the Dark Magic line) for an AoE dispel/stun, Meteor for a massive AoE knock down + DoT, or Storm Atronach for an extra hand with damage dealing.
  • My overload bar is basically buffs galore, as in the stuff that doesn't fit on my other two bars. Rapid Maneuver for speeding through dungeons, Critical Surge for delicious crit heals, and Shuffle for Major Evasion, which is a 1 in 5 chance to dodge attacks, well as a purge for snares.

Champion Points
I won't include Champion Point distribution right now, since we're about to get hit with a massive re-arrangement in the Champion system. Once I finish testing out the changes on the live server next week I'll add it to this post.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

JackBadass posted:

Imperial Sewers pre-end game: "Where is everyone? I'd love to run the sewers, but this place is dead empty."
Imperial Sewers post-end game: "Time to do some solo tel-var farmi... oh, or just steal all my kills. Thanks, hundreds of people now in the sewers."

It's like this game knows when I'm in a good mood.

story of my sewer existence. kinda telling it's better stones to run to enemy spawns and kill pvers than it is try to scrape out mob kills in your own area

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

story of my sewer existence. kinda telling it's better stones to run to enemy spawns and kill pvers than it is try to scrape out mob kills in your own area

At least the only thing worth spending stones on is dirt cheap.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
What's the deal with PvP nowadays anyway? It is everyone just loving around in the IC or is there still plenty of action in greater Cyrodiil?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
theres plenty of huge zergs lagging each other out, yes

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

What's the deal with PvP nowadays anyway? It is everyone just loving around in the IC or is there still plenty of action in greater Cyrodiil?

As much action as Cyrodiil has always had: none.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The only surprise animation in the game is so loving bad

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

They need to patch in the walking animations from Morrowind.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RkdR1X0V7sI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Boundless Storm

:qq:

Seriously, looks good. Haven't seen a decent tank build in a while: all the theorycrafters were scared off by the blocking change. Good to see something fresh, especially for sorcerer.

Is that what you were running AA with the other day?

• Locked thread