Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Stanyer89 posted:

Finishing up the Blood Angels Leviathan Dreadnought. Waiting for the base to get here still...

No assault cannons instead of every heavy Flamer you could possibly own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Stanyer89 posted:

Finishing up the Blood Angels Leviathan Dreadnought. Waiting for the base to get here still...

That'll make a hell of a dent

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

TTerrible posted:

That'll make a hell of a dent

Good thing we ham at Hixson's house and not mine.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Stanyer89 posted:

Good thing we ham at Hixson's house and not mine.

We haven't had any trash talking from your group in this thread for a while. I hope you're saving it up.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

We haven't played in a while. The mad was too real after the last game. Hell, I'm still mad.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

TTerrible posted:

We haven't had any trash talking from your group in this thread for a while. I hope you're saving it up.

By mid-March the flood gates will re-open.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I got my Breachers in the mail today. Turns out they don't come with bases.

Forgewoooooorld!! :argh:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Endman posted:

I got my Breachers in the mail today. Turns out they don't come with bases.

Forgewoooooorld!! :argh:

They should. When I got my fire raptor it didn't have a flying base or that clear cockpit bit. I contacted Forge World and they got them right to me.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Safety Factor posted:

They should. When I got my fire raptor it didn't have a flying base or that clear cockpit bit. I contacted Forge World and they got them right to me.

Looks like I've got an email to write then.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Stanyer89 posted:

Looks great my dude. I'm a big fan of your dirty looking red.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Endman posted:

Looks like I've got an email to write then.

if you can, you'll be better served by calling.

Incidentally, I called about trying to combine my weekender order with some extra stuff (hello angron red), but apparently weekender orders are being shipped from a different warehouse. No free shipping on paints for me :(

Endman
May 18, 2010

I might just buy some bases from GW. It'll be a hell of a lot quicker than getting them to post some from the UK.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
The Ordinatus Saggitar should be coming fairly soon.

Lewd.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I hope that shoots Nerf darts.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I don't understand why the adeptus mechanicus expects a round of applause every time they install macro weapons on tractors.

dark age of technology my rear end.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Looks great my dude. I'm a big fan of your dirty looking red.

Thanks guy. You would like it though since it's your oil washes I'm using. Btw bring over some brown oil wash please, I'm down to just the black now.

I also love my new avatar, thank you bb.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

xutech posted:

I don't understand why the adeptus mechanicus expects a round of applause every time they install macro weapons on tractors.

They put all of their resources into making a big gun and then near the end of the project they realize they forgot to design how to transport it. Pretty realistic actually.

Speaking of the mechanicus!
I think I've settled on my first 1250 points of Legio Cybernetica, mainly using the models that I own.

HQ
Archmagos Dominus (245)
- Augury Scanner, Cyber-Familiar, Machinator Array, Rad Cleanser, Abeyant

TROOP
15 Adsecularis Tech-Thralls (80)
- Rite of Pure Thought, Carapace Armor

15 Adsecularis Tech-Thralls (80)
- Rite of Pure Thought, Carapace Armor

2 Castellax (260)
- 2x Enhanced Targeting Arrays, 2x Frag Grenades, 2x Flamers

2 Castellax (290)
- 2x Darkfire Cannons, 2x, Frag Grenades, 2x Enhanced Targeting Arrays

HS
1 Thanatar-Cynis (290)
- Enhanced Targeting Array

Archmagos joins the basic Castellax, one blob of thralls ahead of them, they all move forward to get into close combat.
Darkfire castellax hang in the middle, try to pop transports.
Thanatar-Cynis also truddles forward looking for blobs or 2+ saves. It'd be funny to use Rite of Destruction on this guy and vomit 8 S8 AP2 small blasts and 6 S6 AP3 pinning shots.
Second thrall blob hangs back, or covers the home objective.

Will eventually expand with some Vorax and at around 1750 switch the Archmagos for Scoria.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 29, 2016

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

xutech posted:

Hey, tractors work, and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Blood Angels and shattered legions. Thoughts? Is it even possible fluff-wise?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DJ Dizzy posted:

It's the Heresy, sure. There are real concerns in the book that the Blood Angels may fall to Khorne - Sanguinius won't, but who's saying there aren't Blood Angels who fell?

Or if you're loyalists, not hard to imagine some remnants of other Legions, especially traitors, joining up with the Blood Angels for redemption.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Play with your space Barbies how you want. Forge your own narrative!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

But muh immersion.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a bunch of little blurbs early on in the new book that basically justify why any legion can be used in a shattered legion force.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

Yeah if you like AIDS.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

What's the ruling on whether DA Quad Heavy Bolter Rapiers can take the acid shells? I guess technically the "Quad Heavy Bolter" is a different profile than a "Heavy Bolter" so no? If they can take them, I wanna get me some.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Well blood Angels and shattered legions doesn't mean they are traitors, there was the one company who failed the rendezvous that went on a "gently caress traitors" crusade once Garro told them what happened, wouldn't be that weird for them to pick up stray marines along the way.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DO IT TO IT posted:

What's the ruling on whether DA Quad Heavy Bolter Rapiers can take the acid shells? I guess technically the "Quad Heavy Bolter" is a different profile than a "Heavy Bolter" so no? If they can take them, I wanna get me some.
The wargear entry specifies heavy bolters or twin-linked heavy bolters and only for models with the LA(DA) rule or dreadnoughts of any type. So not even predators can take them. Quad heavy bolters are definitely out too.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 1, 2016

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Some sperg over on B&C is arguing that you have to roll 1D6 for each model with an acid shell bolter.

Please just roll 1D6 for each unit TIA

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well, it doesn't specify so who knows what the gently caress. I'd just roll 1d6 for a whole unit, but I'm not a typical sperg.

Edit: Honestly, it wouldn't be that hard to figure out AP for each model. Roll one round of dice to figure out AP and then separate a pool of dice which allow armor saves and another that doesn't.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 1, 2016

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I fully intend to take maxed out units of jetbikes and roll each gun individually.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I fully intend to take maxed out units of jetbikes and roll each gun individually.

This is the correct way to play.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

You have to roll 1D6 per shot, because in the rules you have to resolve each hit and wound seperately :goonsay:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
In retaliation I'll bring my 12 thudd guns, one blast marker, and insist on using my single and one only scatter dice

DJ Dizzy posted:

You have to roll 1D6 per shot, because in the rules you have to resolve each hit and wound seperately :goonsay:

**takes 10 times as long to resolve shooting for a single unit**

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

In retaliation I'll bring my 12 thudd guns, one blast marker, and insist on using my single and one only scatter dice

For some reason it never dawned on me to use more than one scatter dice after the impact on my quad mortars.
I feel like a dumbass, I've been pulling 12 dice and just rotating the face to how many hits for each flop.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Safety Factor posted:

Edit: Honestly, it wouldn't be that hard to figure out AP for each model. Roll one round of dice to figure out AP and then separate a pool of dice which allow armor saves and another that doesn't.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm the guy that insists your unit of 10 salamander assault terminators roll each master-crafted attack separately.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
No one can explain how to resolve Iliastus assault cannons without rolling them separately. This is absolutely what they intend.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I'm glad FW understands a fundamental desire of their player base is to roll as many dice as possible while arguing about how many dice to roll.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hell, it's my favorite part of the hobby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

panascope posted:

Play with your space Barbies how you want. Forge your own narrative!

This.

Also you can run an Imperium Secundus style shattered legion with Blood Angels, Imperial Fists and Ultramarines.