Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So I got pubbies to level 5 last night, and thanks to some generous goons got him geared in mixed banded/low end magic armor with a fine steel weapon and about 270pp to throw around. I kind of want to reserve some of that money for spells and such as I level, but aside from that what should I be looking at in EC for twink items aside from Mistmoore Battle Drums and the Lute of the Gypsy Princess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_zaius
Jul 7, 2005

HEY GUYS! AM I A FURRY?! IT'S NOT LIKE I'VE EVER HAD SEX WITH A LIVING ANIMAL.
Switchblade Switcharoo

DeathSandwich posted:

So I got pubbies to level 5 last night, and thanks to some generous goons got him geared in mixed banded/low end magic armor with a fine steel weapon and about 270pp to throw around. I kind of want to reserve some of that money for spells and such as I level, but aside from that what should I be looking at in EC for twink items aside from Mistmoore Battle Drums and the Lute of the Gypsy Princess?

I have a lute that's been sitting in my bank for a very long time that you can have.

I have a bunch of low level items I'd be willing to give fellow goons to get them going. Shoot me a tell in game. Moogaman 57 rogue.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Kortel posted:

So.. Get your drops then kill the Sleeper? Sorry I'm a horrible person.

yep, we're just farming it longer on the red server because there isn't anyone else on the server capable of getting into sleeper's tomb. there's only 2 sleepers keyed players on the server who aren't tagged in empire. i think at one point they may have tried to wake the sleeper before blue, but the gm's reset it? someone else can c/d that.

i'm sure it will eventually get awoken, since there's a few best in slot items for a couple classes that can only be acquired post-awakening, but from the sounds of it nobody feels the need to cut off the gnome mask gravy train any time soon.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 1, 2016

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Friendly reminder to anyone considering necro or SK - get your Circlet of Shadow ASAP, because the drop is nerfed next patch.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So I got the bard to level 8 tonight and it's time for me to figure out swarm kiting. I've watched a couple of youtube tutorials on it and I think I've got the layout figured out, now I just have to die horribly a couple of times to get the range of discord figured out proper.

FknMeh
Dec 9, 2008

How rainbows are made...
Swarming hits its sweet spot at level 18 when you get Denon's Disruptive Discord. Message Tarts in game and I can show you how to swarm.

Also if any of you on Blue have lying around or come across Lambent armor in EC (I can't stare at auctions 24/7), paying 300 for boots, gloves, braces and 400 for helm and greaves.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

FknMeh posted:

Swarming hits its sweet spot at level 18 when you get Denon's Disruptive Discord. Message Tarts in game and I can show you how to swarm.

Also if any of you on Blue have lying around or come across Lambent armor in EC (I can't stare at auctions 24/7), paying 300 for boots, gloves, braces and 400 for helm and greaves.

p99auctions is a pretty good site and tool. you can download their little plugin and it'll alert you if your item suddenly becomes available, too. after you register and set up what item(s) you want alerts to. it's how i finally got a spell i was searching for a long while.

http://www.p99auctions.com/Loot/Lambent_Boots

that or try the p1999 EC forum. i've posted there when buying and selling and had luck -- sometimes.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

FknMeh posted:

I'll keep my eyes open for Lambent and I might have to have you show me how to kite, swarm or otherwise, sometime too on my bard too. Ha ha.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

DeathSandwich posted:

Did you get plat or gold fire opal wedding rings yet? They're good for an obscene HP boost.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

FknMeh posted:

I'll give you my set in EC in exchange for a swarm party to 44. Currently 41.8 on Klaymen. Think all I'm missing is the helm.

Zaepho
Oct 31, 2013

This game is terrible and you are all terrible for mentioning it and making me play it again. Haven't played in YEARS. I think I retired after finally getting the Wizard Elemental Pants from PoTime.

Currently level 3, screwing around in GFay as a Gnomish Wizard. (Yes I am an MMO masochist)

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Zaepho posted:

This game is terrible and you are all terrible for mentioning it and making me play it again. Haven't played in YEARS. I think I retired after finally getting the Wizard Elemental Pants from PoTime.

Currently level 3, screwing around in GFay as a Gnomish Wizard. (Yes I am an MMO masochist)

What your char's name? We can get you into the goon guild.

Zaepho
Oct 31, 2013

ChairmanMauzer posted:

A totally boring and lacking in creativity name but character name is Zaepho.

Zaepho fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 1, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Anarch posted:

Did you get plat or gold fire opal wedding rings yet? They're good for an obscene HP boost.

dr_zaius gave me a care package that had some +str rings among other things. I'm holding off on buying some hp rings here for a spot. the str rings may not help me swarmkite, but it'll help me haul loot afterward.

I fixed my keybinds and got some macros set over my lunch break here to get me set to started in the process. I've got a couple of questions:

When you start the circle, do you hold right click and mouse turn, or do you feather the keyboard turn button?

The video tutorials stress the importance of strafing while running, and I can see where that's handy when they are chasing you and for emergency "oh poo poo, selos dropped' moments, but is that normally used during the circling/murdering process? It feels like my character cant turn and strafe at the same time, making it feel sort of unnecessary at that point.

Is there a way to adjust how quickly you turn on the keyboard? I'm hung up on mouse turning because it feels like trying to control both that and jockeying around instruments means one of those duties will get in the way of the other.

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Anyone else feeling the Velious pain at level 60? I've died so many times I nearly lost the level.

Not really. A few days ago I tried to take an exp death to corpse a crown in PoM, but then like an hour later a random cleric ressed me while I was running through WL. I was like "eh" and took it, so now I'm back at 100% into 60. Now I somehow keep ending up in the exp group on raids and feeling bad that all that exp is going to waste.

Zaepho posted:

This game is terrible and you are all terrible for mentioning it and making me play it again.

Yeah we all started that way, don't worry you're not alone. Even most 60s think that way. But it's Everquest, there is no escape.

FknMeh
Dec 9, 2008

How rainbows are made...
Only need helm, bracer, and boots now thanks to Pillow Armadillo.

Equality
Feb 26, 2007
So I havn't played in ages and just reinstalled out of boredom. Anyone on red99 willing to take me under their wing? Ive got a 36 monk with a fungi and a 52 chanter that I probably am terrible at playing. Need some advice as to what to do and where to go as I've never had the pleasure of exploring Velious!

Zaepho
Oct 31, 2013

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Is there anyone specific I should check for being online that can toss me an invite?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Equality posted:

So I havn't played in ages and just reinstalled out of boredom. Anyone on red99 willing to take me under their wing? Ive got a 36 monk with a fungi and a 52 chanter that I probably am terrible at playing. Need some advice as to what to do and where to go as I've never had the pleasure of exploring Velious!

I can't speak so much for Red, but if it's anything like old school Velious at 52 Velketor's Lab is pretty much the go-to grouping spot for that level range.

Edit: ^^^^ Just post your character name and someone will get you when you're online. I got my invite in like, less than an hour.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
36 might be a little high but you could take that monk to Crystal Caverns.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
alright i'll say it. why the gently caress is anyone still playing on red?

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
i would rather play on a free ultima online server than play on red

i would rather poo poo on a kitten than play on red

this game is badly, horribly designed for any kind of pvp

why

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
also who is caiu here on the forums?

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

I've been occasionally leveling a druid on red and the eight or nine people I have encountered have been very friendly and fun to play with.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Sorry to anyone that has been looking for me in game on red, I seem to have some sort of cold that keeps coming back every few 2-3 weeks and this is the 3rd time now. Docs still don't know what the issue is but I have had a lot of msgs/tells of people trying to get ahold of me. I won't be able to continue with any PLing for a while til I can get some things worked out. Lately ive been raiding only with a day or two of extra play time compared to my 12hr+ day normal schedule so I don't have too much free time out side of raids atm. But when I do get things figured out, I have all the necessary characters/classes setup to PL 25/30-51 swarming in OT.

As far as Red goes, It isn't that bad. I prefer it way more then blue anyday, blue just is terrible in my personal opinion if choice with picking one. But everyone has their own play style or how they want to do things, Not everyone will like red just as well. Especially if they are one of the unlucky few that login and get decimated nonstop by fungi twink SK etc that are full raid buffed. Moving epics post 46 was def a good choice for this since it took rogues huge atk bonus out of play, they are still dangerous with a fungi and decent gear but other classes like crippling warriors, or HT SK are far more OP with introduction of velious 2handers etc.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I honestly can't fathom playing on blue, this game is way too easy to grind it the gently caress out for dem pixels to....more easily beat trivial encounters then sit in EC and look pretty? :confused:

PVP is unbalanced, crazy and mostly bullshit but it also adds a lot of excitement.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Also do any red pals have a cache of holgresh elder beads?

I'm looking to buy a set for a non horribly cringe inducing price, preferably!

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Equality posted:

send anime a tell, i only log in to poopsock and raid but i can give you tips and give you red goon names no prob. red goons are also welcome to use my port bot druid as long as you don't strip its gear off, i change the password every once in a while so just stay in touch with me if you want to use it.

pepito sanchez posted:

i would rather play on a free ultima online server than play on red

i would rather poo poo on a kitten than play on red

this game is badly, horribly designed for any kind of pvp

why

blue server is the better server if you just want to explore norrath and dungeon crawl 1-59
red server is just a significantly better place to play at level 60 and if you play enough that's where you'll be eventually. no variance means no tracking, pvp means there are no fte rules, ruleset is more classic, raids are more challenging because there is no item recharging and the risk of pvp/ninja looting (100% allowed on red if you're in pvp level range of the raid.) you just show up and kill the dragons when they spawn, no bible-length rules sets about where you can or can't pull to, or 16 hour tracking windows at all, no dumb rules saying which guilds can engage which npc's etc.
red server has none of the bullshit rules lawyer stuff and insane 24/7 poopsocking that ruins the blue server endgame experience, dealing with pvp is a drop in the bucket by comparison (source: my main is like 2-50 k:d ratio i literally just ignore the existence of pvp on red)

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 2, 2016

FknMeh
Dec 9, 2008

How rainbows are made...
Only need Lambent Bracer and Boots now for anyone keeping any eye out.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Red rules.

I get two weeks off of work in a week, so I am probably going to push for 60 to join Empire.

Equality
Feb 26, 2007
RE: red talk

Got my monk almost to 42 and I would love to get in on some swarming in OT if ever possible especially to power through 45. I'm looking for some haste like a SCHW or FBSS and a nice 2HB if anyone has something in the bank to sell I'd be a happy camper! Pillo in game

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Equality posted:

RE: red talk

Got my monk almost to 42 and I would love to get in on some swarming in OT if ever possible especially to power through 45. I'm looking for some haste like a SCHW or FBSS and a nice 2HB if anyone has something in the bank to sell I'd be a happy camper! Pillo in game

if we schedule a swarm session, I would love to join. It would have to be scheduled though, because work is on blast right now so I can't just log on and wait :smith:

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
respect

guess the class

duo tranix and magi up to nagafen's lair :D

places i never really went to for fun on live

the corpse rez exploit for rerolling a character? o.O

pepito sanchez fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 4, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

pepito sanchez posted:

That wasn't a thing on live back in the day, was it?

Seems kind of easy to swarm a bard up to 60 so you can multimurder yourself and quick level a cleric/warrior/rogue/other poor solo class.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

DeathSandwich posted:

That wasn't a thing on live back in the day, was it?

Seems kind of easy to swarm a bard up to 60 so you can multimurder yourself and quick level a cleric/warrior/rogue/other poor solo class.

no, it wasn't like this back in the day, and i wouldn't believe it possible now until i saw this happening with my own eyes, with a cleric with epic waiting on the side, who i was inquiring, actually giving me a tell back saying "lol i dunno, i guess he wants to reroll"

i don't actually care and wouldn't snitch the dude out, but drat is it shady. i was just in freeport underground looking for some spells i never thought about during lower levels.

unfortunately didnt get any screens of the cleric or the tell, but it happened.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

pepito sanchez posted:

no, it wasn't like this back in the day, and i wouldn't believe it possible now until i saw this happening with my own eyes, with a cleric with epic waiting on the side, who i was inquiring, actually giving me a tell back saying "lol i dunno, i guess he wants to reroll"

i don't actually care and wouldn't snitch the dude out, but drat is it shady. i was just in freeport underground looking for some spells i never thought about during lower levels.

What's the cast time on the epic clicky? Seems to me deleveling from 60, rerolling, then accepting all those rezzes in under 3 hours would be tricky

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

pepito sanchez posted:

I know you can get a rez box if you reroll the character with the same name, but do you actually get XP? I've never seen anyone confirm this, and I don't know if it's because it does work and people are being hush hush about it or because it doesn't work and people are embarrassed that they tried and lost a character.

I do know you can't loot the corpses to xfer nodrop items etc.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

Pillow Armadillo posted:

What's the cast time on the epic clicky? Seems to me deleveling from 60, rerolling, then accepting all those rezzes in under 3 hours would be tricky

actually the same thing i was thinking. that's a lot of rezes. that ogre was still blue to me at 53 or 54 with a huge amount of corpses around me.

no idea. just posting what i've seen. i wouldn't know how this reroll tactic even works. Daprincess isn't a very good reroll name :(

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

10 or 12 seconds. I mean, you don't need three hours for the whole process, just three hours to get to the first corpse. If you had an epic cleric you could probably rez the bodies faster than he was able to kill himself in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

pepito sanchez posted:

respect

guess the class

duo tranix and magi up to nagafen's lair :D

places i never really went to for fun on live

[4/25/2015 1:22:01 AM] nilbog: it is ridiculous that i am a better content database administrator than they could employ, but that is the truth. regarding our db. i don  t expect a job offer, but if i got one, but i  m less than confident they could match my rl pay.