Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eifert Posting posted:

It cracks me up when New Yorkers go full "It's not pizza" on Chicago because I've met about thirty Italians and they all went out of their way to proclaim that NY style isn't pizza.

It's like watching a Dane making in a No True Scotsman argument.

italians don't make real pizza

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Volkerball posted:

When my Dad was in italy on a business trip he said that they all had the chefs at the hotel make pizza American style the last day they were there and it was the best pizza they ever had

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Eifert Posting posted:

It cracks me up when New Yorkers go full "It's not pizza" on Chicago because I've met about thirty Italians and they all went out of their way to proclaim that NY style isn't pizza.

It's like watching a Dane making in a No True Scotsman argument.

Som en meget Dansk mand, er jeg fornærmet!!

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 1, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Volkerball posted:

This is absurdly wrong and you are a bad person for saying it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

This is absurdly wrong and you are a bad person for saying it.

He's right, but only on a technicality; Italians don't exist. They're still Roman. :can:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
NY pizza is far closer to Italian pizza than Chicago sauce pie is.

All forms of pizza are closer to original italian pizza than goddamn chicago sauce pie.

As an italian who has NY family roots my opinion is more valid than everyone else's

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I found an interesting documentary on this particular topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EktmJmfxm9E

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Ross Angeles posted:

When my Dad was in italy on a business trip he said that they all had the chefs at the hotel make pizza American style the last day they were there and it was the best pizza they ever had

Having sampled pizza in London, Paris, Florence, and Rome, the best pizza was in... drum roll please... Paris.

But then, I'm a quarter French, so.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Som en meget dansk mand, er jeg fornærmet!!
go back to your country

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Filthy Casual posted:

Bring it, that flimsy poo poo you gotta fold stands no chance against the one true king of thinly veiled soup product.

Fixed that for you. Try not to fall down and hit your head repeatedly today.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I was blessed by a holy vision in my coffee mug this morning. A Jaguar in full snarling crouch.

http://imgur.com/gallery/i64MT

It is a VISION OF GREATNESS.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Hmm, I can read these things. The symbol is telling you... to do your loving dishes

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Suspect Bucket posted:

I was blessed by a holy vision in my coffee mug this morning. A Jaguar in full snarling crouch.

I like the dog better

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Suspect Bucket posted:

It's the grim!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Suspect Bucket posted:

Good dog :3:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So if the Jags actually use their cap space to hire, I don't know, a quarterback, they might do OK. Is broken first draft pick fixed now? I can't wait for the Colts to start getting owned every year so true fans like me can buy tickets for $5. Oh who am I kidding the AFC South is always going to be a poo poo show of poo poo that the Colts own with a lucky QB draft pick.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Elephanthead posted:

So if the Jags actually use their cap space to hire, I don't know, a quarterback, they might do OK.
Bort owns, gently caress you!!!

(Unrelated, but apparently I stopped checking this thread in January, so my thanks to all you dudes for giving me an hour of reading material while I'm getting my hosed up ankle checked out at the hospital)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

All forms of pizza are closer to original italian pizza than goddamn chicago sauce pie.

Someone's never been to Russia :barf:

Let's use Mayo in place of cheese and serve it cold!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Eifert Posting posted:

Wow Russia is a backwards shithole who would have guessed

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Elephanthead posted:

So if the Jags actually use their cap space to hire, I don't know, a quarterback, they might do OK. Is broken first draft pick fixed now? I can't wait for the Colts to start getting owned every year so true fans like me can buy tickets for $5. Oh who am I kidding the AFC South is always going to be a poo poo show of poo poo that the Colts own with a lucky QB draft pick.

Bort is actually a pretty solid looking young quarterback.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Eifert Posting posted:

Or Hong Kong Pizza, where instead of pizza crust we use shrimp.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bucket list: Lou Malnati's crustless pizza, wherein the crust is actually a flattened out disk of sausage:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Bucket list: Lou Malnati's crustless pizza, wherein the crust is actually a flattened out disk of sausage:

Wtf why is the sauce on the outside of the cheese?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

That's normal, just Google for Chicago Style Pizza and click on Images.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Wilford Cutlery posted:

OMG, are these on the regular menu? We have a Lou's 5 mins from our house and that looks amazing!

e:

It is! And lol at the description "Perfect for those on a gluten-free or low-carb diet, our "Crustless" pizza is made with Lou's lean sausage as the base, and then topped with mozzarella cheese and vine-ripened tomato sauce."

Not sure that is "perfect" for any diet...

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 1, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Elephanthead posted:

Source your quotes.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wow Russia is a backwards shithole who would have guessed

Pretty much everything else I had was really good. The biggest thing you learn about the US when you travel is our produce is uniformly poo poo and our meat is hit and miss.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

neo Kobe pizza

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Wilford Cutlery posted:

owns

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Wilford Cutlery posted:

That's normal, just Google for Chicago Style Pizza and click on Images.

It's like someone telling you they put their shoes on before their socks like it ain't no thing, and you don't believe it until you look down and they've got these filthy lumpy socks pulled over their shoes and it's like what the gently caress is wrong with you.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Get a basset hound and name him Bortles.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Eifert Posting posted:

Pretty much everything else I had was really good. The biggest thing you learn about the US when you travel is our produce is uniformly poo poo and our meat is hit and miss.

I double dog dare you to eat some meat in Mexico and say that again

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Linedance posted:

It's like someone telling you they put their shoes on before their socks like it ain't no thing, and you don't believe it until you look down and they've got these filthy lumpy socks pulled over their shoes and it's like what the gently caress is wrong with you.

You may think it's crazy, but what's really crazy is stuffing a layer of sauce inside a flap of cheese and toppings, like why even let that poo poo come squirting out through the sides when you can just throw it on top.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The way I feel about people that dislike deep-dish pizza is similar to how ISIS warlords feel about Dutch political cartoonists.

Also, I can't look at the Washington logo and not think that the indian is in the process of being delietized :cry:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

GNU Order posted:

You may think it's crazy, but what's really crazy is stuffing a layer of sauce inside a flap of cheese and toppings, like why even let that poo poo come squirting out through the sides when you can just throw it on top.
It doesnt squirt out if it is done right :colbert:

I am adding pizza to my list of things I dont talk to friends or the internet about, along with politics and religion.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elephanthead posted:

What? Bort is fine, we need defense.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I am very interested in reading your opinions on food, please continue this not just in this thread but in all other threads as well
Here are some discussion points.

1) What are some different kinds of pizza?
2) How different can a pizza be and still be called a pizza?
3a) Why do some people like different kinds of pizza?
3b) Are those people bad people?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Magicpants posted:

3b) Are those people bad people?

Yes

Today's comic is a simple one
http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/mock-draft-season-is-here/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I feel that should have been done in T2 style with Mayock as skynet.

But mock season is the worst. I get it twice even, NFL mocks followed by the endless streams of fantasy rookie drafts in dynasty which are even more hilariously awful.

• Locked thread