Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
"What do you mean, where do I keep my flame thrower?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I can't quite figure out the difference between purple crystals and purple outline crystals. Are they actually the same?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

prefect posted:

I can't quite figure out the difference between purple crystals and purple outline crystals. Are they actually the same?
Nah, the purple outline crystals are a really deep purple with white in the middle and a defined outline around the white core (hence the outline name) whereas the standard purple crystals are quite a bit lighter purple, almost getting towards pink (the same colour as the lightning that most of the inquisitor's effects are) and the inside white blends in with the purple a lot smoother.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lightsabers look completely different with bloom off, so that might affect it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So they finally responded to my ticket about not getting the guild conquest rewards last week (far too late for the drawing of course)... and their answer has me completely confused.

SWTOR Customer Service Rep posted:

I looked over your logs for your character and indeed see you gaining your personal conquest rewards which is fantastic, congratulations. However I looked up your guild to see if they reached their goal for any of the planets, and your guild has not reached first for either planet yet for February. I do hope this information helps and I hope that your guild reaches for the top soon in order to gain the guild conquest award.

What the hell is she talking about with 'first for either planet yet'?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Locator posted:

So they finally responded to my ticket about not getting the guild conquest rewards last week (far too late for the drawing of course)... and their answer has me completely confused.

What the hell is she talking about with 'first for either planet yet'?

They probably think you're asking about the rewards for getting first place in conquest, which is a title. Clarify that you're asking about the guild conquest rewards of purple jawa junk and an encryption for the ship.

You *are* in That's No Goon, right?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So I'm in the GTN looking at speeders and I don't see a single speeder that talks about having excellent or exceptional protection from being knocked off.

Am I supposed to be getting more info that I'm somehow not receiving?

edit: Oh I see, it doesn't show speeder abilities when you're browsing. It only shows when you've actually purchased the item and have activated it.

Thing is I need to know speeder abilities before buying them.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 1, 2016

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Medullah posted:

They probably think you're asking about the rewards for getting first place in conquest, which is a title. Clarify that you're asking about the guild conquest rewards of purple jawa junk and an encryption for the ship.

You *are* in That's No Goon, right?

Yea, I sent a response back via email so that I could attach screenshots, although I very clearly stated that I was after the 'top 10 for the week' rewards when I created the ticket. One of the 2k point things I did counted for personal conquest, but not the guild, so I didn't get the guild rewards.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

theblackw0lf posted:

So I'm in the GTN looking at speeders and I don't see a single speeder that talks about having excellent or exceptional protection from being knocked off.

edit: Oh I see, it doesn't show speeder abilities when you're browsing. It only shows when you've actually purchased the item and have activated it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

theblackw0lf posted:

Hmm interesting, yeah it's not showing the Excellent protection speeders when you look at them on the GTN, but it does show Exceptional. 99% of speeders are Excellent protection anyway so it's not a huge deal.

If you're just looking for an Exceptional mount, 3 that I know for sure are Exceptional are the Irakie Hawk, Vectron LW-1S, and the Korrealis KL-1F. Looking at prices on JC right now you can get a Korrealis for 112,500 (default price of speeders).

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Medullah posted:

Hmm interesting, yeah it's not showing the Excellent protection speeders when you look at them on the GTN, but it does show Exceptional. 99% of speeders are Excellent protection anyway so it's not a huge deal.

If you're just looking for an Exceptional mount, 3 that I know for sure are Exceptional are the Irakie Hawk, Vectron LW-1S, and the Korrealis KL-1F. Looking at prices on JC right now you can get a Korrealis for 112,500 (default price of speeders).

Thanks, found an Irakie Hawk for 100,000.

All the speeds are the same right?

edit: although when I bought it the tooltip now says it only provides excellent protection, not exceptional.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

theblackw0lf posted:

Thanks, found an Irakie Hawk for 100,000.

All the speeds are the same right?

edit: although when I bought it the tooltip now says it only provides excellent protection, not exceptional.

Yeah I think they made every mount the same speed based on your speeder skill. I wouldn't worry about protection, it's not a huge deal. The tank from EC is nice because you can plow through everything without getting knocked off (except that one drat cat by the Rishi daily), but even if you do get knocked off you can usually just keep running and things lose interest in you pretty quick (put companion in passive if you're running).

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Just a side note, I think the Irakie Hawk is just a normal Excellent and it's the Irakie Renegade that's Exceptional unless I'm misremembering.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mercurius posted:

Just a side note, I think the Irakie Hawk is just a normal Excellent and it's the Irakie Renegade that's Exceptional unless I'm misremembering.

Yeah I think the Hawk is bugged in that the item shows it's exceptional but like he said, the mount shows excellent when used. :( I seem to remember filing a bug report on that a long time ago.

You're right, the Renegade is legit exceptional.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is it impossible to get hk-55 if I wasn't subbed in january?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So far.

He'll probably be buyable eventually.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

So far.

He'll probably be buyable eventually.

I don't think so. Bioware has a pretty good track record of subscriber rewards being one time only (Party Jawa, Niko Okarr, Black-Purple Crystals, etc). Especially now they want people to have an incentive to stay subscribed, and if people thought sub rewards would be purchasable in the future they might unsubscribe

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Isn't Niko confirmed to be buyable later?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

There's at least one exception in the Collector's Edition stuff (STAP, Flare Gun, Holodancer) eventually becoming available through the Digital Upgrade pack, however.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Cross-Section posted:

There's at least one exception in the Collector's Edition stuff (STAP, Flare Gun, Holodancer) eventually becoming available through the Digital Upgrade pack, however.

Those things have been part of the Digital Deluxe edition since preorders started.

There is still no way to get access to the Collector's Edition vendor without buying an actual CE.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Man gently caress this game if I can't get Hk 55. Why even play.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

cheesetriangles posted:

He's not even the good HK model. 47 or gtfo.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

cheesetriangles posted:

My interest in this game died the day they changed the tracer missile animation. I refuse to give EAware a single penny until they fix this outrage.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gasoline posted:

Those things have been part of the Digital Deluxe edition since preorders started.

There is still no way to get access to the Collector's Edition vendor without buying an actual CE.

Correct, and I believe there is at least one other item you got from it that you can't get otherwise. I can't remember offhand but I know Oedzi was eBay hunting for it for an achievement.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a little droid pet that's only in the physical CE.

I do not recall buying the physical CE at all, but I do have the CE pet and Collector's Vendor access. I wonder what happened to the Malgus statue.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 1, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Total Galactic War is conquest this week.

My picks are Belsavis, Quesh or Tatooine. Those three have crafting bonuses and warzone bonuses. Belsavis and Tatooine have bonuses for group finder, but already have a bunch of guilds going for it. Quesh might be harder, but easier to place in top 10 I think.

Thoughts? I'm thinking Quesh if no one responds with objections within the next 20 minutes.

Edit - Jesus, 50k points instead of 20k.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 1, 2016

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Medullah posted:

Total Galactic War is conquest this week.

My picks are Belsavis, Quesh or Tatooine. Those three have crafting bonuses and warzone bonuses. Belsavis and Tatooine have bonuses for group finder, but already have a bunch of guilds going for it. Quesh might be harder, but easier to place in top 10 I think.

Thoughts? I'm thinking Quesh if no one responds with objections within the next 20 minutes.

Edit - Jesus, 50k points instead of 20k.

unless I'm reading that wrong as poo poo, Quesh gives a total of ONE bonus and gently caress all for everything else so can we do a planet that gives the heroic weekly bonuses instead?

I mean we're not gonna win anything we do this week, I think we'll be lucky to scrape into 10th so at least make it easy for the 10 people who will give a poo poo enough to plan it out and do it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Yea.. I saw that 50k and choked a bit, especially since it's going to be either all crafting, or warzones (and I don't do PvP).

At 1500x, that would require 34 crafting things (not the bigger combines), which isn't that big of a deal I guess as long as those items are stackable like most crafting, just set 6 dudes to working on it with 5 queued on each one overnight. Not including stronghold bonus's of course which makes it easier.

Edit: I just realized that the crafting stuff is also broken up over different planets, so it's only going to be bonused for specific crafting specialties, which sucks. I've only got synthweaving, so I'll only be bonused on Nar Shadda, Belsavis, Ilum or Hoth.

Quesh only gives a bonus on a single 1-time combine, not the repeatable crafting ones or the combine, and nothing else at all that I can see.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 1, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Telex posted:

unless I'm reading that wrong as poo poo, Quesh gives a total of ONE bonus and gently caress all for everything else so can we do a planet that gives the heroic weekly bonuses instead?

I mean we're not gonna win anything we do this week, I think we'll be lucky to scrape into 10th so at least make it easy for the 10 people who will give a poo poo enough to plan it out and do it.

There's no planetary heroics this week. Quesh has bonuses for crafting war supplies (500 points x2) along with the other two planets. Tatooine has the most bonuses that are applicable to us (Group finder flashpoints and operations), but also the most people invading it. If we go with Quesh we'll have a better chance of placing in the top 10.

Edit - I'll leave it open for a few hours for discussion. Don't start crafting til we decide tonight.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

How does the number of people invading a planet affect our ability to get into the top 10? I don't see the correlation at all. Isn't the top 10 just based on how many points everyone gets? How does the number of other people invading the same planet change the point rewards shown on the conquest screen?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Medullah posted:

There's no planetary heroics this week. Quesh has bonuses for crafting war supplies (500 points x2) along with the other two planets. Tatooine has the most bonuses that are applicable to us (Group finder flashpoints and operations), but also the most people invading it. If we go with Quesh we'll have a better chance of placing in the top 10.

Edit - I'll leave it open for a few hours for discussion. Don't start crafting til we decide tonight.

Unless the dulfy page is out of date, Quesh has one crafting bonus, the one-time war supplies, and War Supplies is a one-time not repeatable is why I'm concerned.

if it's repeatable, then who gives a poo poo I don't care. I'll just craft it out on 3/4 of my dudes I guess whatever.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Quesh sucks so hard but I can't disagree with your reasons.

E: But other people can. Guess I should refresh the thread before replying.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Locator posted:

How does the number of people invading a planet affect our ability to get into the top 10? I don't see the correlation at all. Isn't the top 10 just based on how many points everyone gets? How does the number of other people invading the same planet change the point rewards shown on the conquest screen?

Because you're competing against more guilds.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Because you're competing against more guilds.

So is the top 10 based only on that planet? If that's the case, then that's the connection I wasn't making, I thought the top 10 was just that.. the top 10... period, not per planet.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Telex posted:

Unless the dulfy page is out of date, Quesh has one crafting bonus, the one-time war supplies, and War Supplies is a one-time not repeatable is why I'm concerned.

if it's repeatable, then who gives a poo poo I don't care. I'll just craft it out on 3/4 of my dudes I guess whatever.

All of the crafting objectives are repeatable this week - You get a 1 time bonus for Invasion Force but the standard 500 (times modifier) for every other one.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Locator posted:

So is the top 10 based only on that planet? If that's the case, then that's the connection I wasn't making, I thought the top 10 was just that.. the top 10... period, not per planet.

Correct, it's top 10 per planet. For instance - right now Quesh has 6 guilds competing, Tatooine already has 10 guilds on the board, Taris (Empire) only 2 guilds which isn't surprising because it's bonuses suck.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Medullah posted:

All of the crafting objectives are repeatable this week - You get a 1 time bonus for Invasion Force but the standard 500 (times modifier) for every other one.

The web page is wrong then, because it shows that one as a one-time for 2000. My internet is stupidly sporadic right now so I was going off the web page instead of looking in the game since I keep getting disconnected.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Locator posted:

The web page is wrong then, because it shows that one as a one-time for 2000. My internet is stupidly sporadic right now so I was going off the web page instead of looking in the game since I keep getting disconnected.

There are two tables on the Web page. The 2000 is under non-repeatable, but the five individual crafting bits are listed separately under repeatable. Search for "Crafting: Crystal Capacitors", for example.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

prefect posted:

There are two tables on the Web page. The 2000 is under non-repeatable, but the five individual crafting bits are listed separately under repeatable. Search for "Crafting: Crystal Capacitors", for example.

The dulfy page has the Invasion Force as a non-repeatable 2000 point. It does not have the 500pt repeatable.

This is the source of the confusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Telex posted:

The dulfy page has the Invasion Force as a non-repeatable 2000 point. It does not have the 500pt repeatable.

This is the source of the confusion.

Yeah, the objective Crafting: War Supplies, which is a generic craft any war supply including Invasion Force went from a 2000 point one time objective to a repeatable 500 point objective and Dulfy hasn't updated the page.

• Locked thread