Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Uthor posted:

I'm sure this would drive some people mad.

(via reddit)

I had to do a double take because I first read the second name as Gustave Doré and that seems like it would have been a Hell of a get for a Bizarro comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Street Soldier
Oct 28, 2005

An egotistical being like myself can't be allowed to live...
Apparently that sexy new Black Science hardcover has glued binding :emo:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Does anyone know if the Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 is getting a reprint? I've delayed getting it and the prices are starting to go up. :emo: I just noticed this listing on Amazon though saying that it's being released on May 17th (although it also has the image and description of the Vol. 1 omni).

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
DC is doing an Absolute Batman Year One collection. No word on what sort of extras it'll have, but there has to be something, right...?

There's also an upcoming hardcover of the mini-series The Golden Age. Don't know if it'll be oversized or have extras or anything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lets hope they fix the cock-ups that screwed up the deluxe edition of YO.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Rhyno posted:

Lets hope they fix the cock-ups that screwed up the deluxe edition of YO.

What was wrong with the deluxe edition?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

catlord posted:

What was wrong with the deluxe edition?

David Mazzucchelli loving hates it.

http://www.tcj.com/david-mazzucchelli-disavows-forthcoming-batman-reprint/

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

Does anyone know if the Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 is getting a reprint? I've delayed getting it and the prices are starting to go up. :emo: I just noticed this listing on Amazon though saying that it's being released on May 17th (although it also has the image and description of the Vol. 1 omni).

I tried checking Marvels release calendar and they don't have any info past March so I couldn't confirm what volume is being reprinted (if any). That said, I'm guessing that It's a reprint of vol 2 that has the wrong info. Amazon occasionally cocks up the description/image for omnibus preorders (At the time of writing the product information for uncanny x-men omnibus 3 currently has the blurb from the Daredevil omnibus companion). The page will hopefully be corrected closer to the release date. Can't say for certain though.

You could also try ordering it via a local comics shop since they get releases faster than the online retailers.

Sorry I couldn't be more help :(

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

irlZaphod posted:

The January solicits list a reprint of Omnibus vol 1 coming out in May so I expect the Amazon listing reflects that and they've just got the title wrong.

I also looked at the upcoming releases on the Masterworks site and there's no mention of a vol 2 reprint and those guys are pretty on the ball with knowing what's coming.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Thanks guys, I had noticed the description cock-up on Vol. 3 (I've seen it on numerous other books too, which is annoying because sometimes I use those listings to see what an omni contains), so I'd been hoping the title was correct and description wrong.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shameless posted:

The January solicits list a reprint of Omnibus vol 1 coming out in May so I expect the Amazon listing reflects that and they've just got the title wrong.

I also looked at the upcoming releases on the Masterworks site and there's no mention of a vol 2 reprint and those guys are pretty on the ball with knowing what's coming.

Ah balls. Was hoping it was volume 2. Thanks for the correction.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just dropping by to say East vs. West is great. I'm still not completely sure what's going on with some of the arcs, but overall the story is intriguing.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I made myself something.

I followed these instructions and used these cardboard sheets. It's strong enough to hold the comics (they don't weigh too much), but the cardboard is on the thin side and bows in the middle when you give it a slight squeeze. Thicker cardboard is much more expensive, though. :| I might experiment with doubling up the sheets.

I didn't have access to sticker paper, so I had the graphics printed at Office Depot and used spray glue. I'm not super happy with that as it was messy and it feels like I got dust stuck to the outside, so I'm going to attempt getting stuff printed on sticker paper again next time.

The comics are in sleeves, but I cut the flaps off so they don't get in the way and I don't have to deal with tape. They are nice because they let the comics slide in and out easily.

It was about $2.50 in materials, so I'm really happy with how it came out for that price.

More pictures:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsks29oSv

I wanna make some more, just need to find the right series. 12-issues isn't enough for a box and anything over 30-issues I'm going to worry about the weight.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Uthor posted:

I made myself something.

It looks very good. Like it was professionally made.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

I made myself something.
Neat! :waycool:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
That owns. Would love to see what you'd do with other series

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It would be supercool if the second Bendis Avengers Omni would ever come out.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think my most-wanted never-gonna-happen volume two omnibus from Marvel is New Warriors.

Is there something strange happening with Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3? I pre-ordered it off Amazon UK back in September and it's meant to have come out a week ago, but it's saying it's out of stock on the item page (though it seems you can get it from marketplace sellers).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think my most-wanted never-gonna-happen volume two omnibus from Marvel is New Warriors.

Is there something strange happening with Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3? I pre-ordered it off Amazon UK back in September and it's meant to have come out a week ago, but it's saying it's out of stock on the item page (though it seems you can get it from marketplace sellers).

I also would like a NW vol.2 and after getting the second Busiek Avengers omni I would Marvel to get off their butts and get me a Thunderbolts Omnibus.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

If someone's looking for some Starman omnibuses, artist Ryan Kelly is selling his set of 2-6 on instagram for $190.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCoH36_w29p/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's a good price.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Amazon releases about two weeks after street release the UK branch might even take longer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Amazon releases about two weeks after street release the UK branch might even take longer.

It just hit US shops on Fen 17th so the marketplace guys are probably shops. Also the DM version is sold out at Diamond and the standard version is already low stock so if you guys want that book at any time you should get it right now.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah I just noticed that Amazon UK said it was out of stock so I just ordered it off Amazon US this morning.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
As I say, I've had it on pre-order since last September, so I was going to be charged around £55 rather than the £95 that's listed (and is rather more than I'd pay for an omnibus unless it was one of the ultra-rare out-of-print ones), which is why I'm reluctant to cancel it.

It seems like it went out of stock immediately upon becoming available, but I think if I'd pre-ordered it, a copy would've been sent to me anyway. It is very confusing indeed.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

It's showing back in stock now...did they ship you your pre-order?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They seem to have, yes. :)

That was quite an odd episode.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I can only assume they were shorted on their initial shipment, or that it was a system/inventory mistake.

There are weird things happening with Amazon lately. Recently I wanted to pre-order a game from them, but they wouldn't let me because they insisted that it wouldn't ship it to Ireland.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

irlZaphod, was it you asking about X-Men omnibus vol 2? Latest round of fishing on Amazon seems to have a reprint pencilled in for October

http://www.amazon.com/Uncanny-X-Men...x-men+omnibus+2

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Shameless posted:

irlZaphod, was it you asking about X-Men omnibus vol 2? Latest round of fishing on Amazon seems to have a reprint pencilled in for October

http://www.amazon.com/Uncanny-X-Men...x-men+omnibus+2
Awesome, thanks! Hopefully they're correct about it. It seems a bit of a long way off for it to have been solicited, although if I recall there was a list of HCs expected in the first half of 2016 sometime late last year? So maybe the list for the second half was published.

I got the Stern Spider-Man omni today. Can't wait to read it!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

irlZaphod posted:

I got the Stern Spider-Man omni today. Can't wait to read it!

The only Spider-Man book I actually own, but it's a great one to have.

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Awesome, thanks! Hopefully they're correct about it. It seems a bit of a long way off for it to have been solicited, although if I recall there was a list of HCs expected in the first half of 2016 sometime late last year? So maybe the list for the second half was published.

It's not been solicited as yet. These fishes tend to come from distributors who supply regular book shops as opposed to comic shops and need more lead time to order (I assume). Of course, plenty of these never see the light of day but, to be honest, I think a reprint of X-Men vol 2 is a bit of a no-brainer.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There is speculation we are getting a clone saga omnibus.

Hell yeah

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

There is speculation we are getting a clone saga omnibus.

Hell yeah

There's no way it would fit in one or even two volumes.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Oh I know, it's vol. 1.

If it's true, then it will at least be 4.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Locke & Key Vol. 4 pisses me off so much.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Locke & Key Vol. 4 pisses me off so much.

This makes me want to just spam you with pictures of it.

It does bother me that the IDW blocks at the bottom are uneven on the slipcased set.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You don't really need to. I can see my copy from here. Glaring in bright, unmatching white.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

You don't really need to. I can see my copy from here. Glaring in bright, unmatching white.

But I need to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I'm thinking of replacing my mismatched TPBs of Transmetropolitan with the new Absolutes, but I'd like to gauge how awful the damage will be. I have a friend who wants to by my current trades, so that will mitigate a little, but this looks like it could be in Sandman territory.

I'm that seeing 2 are out/almost out, and they only cover up to issue 36. It's a 60 issue run; so I'm thinking total of 4? Does that seem right? I can't find anything official on the topic.