Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gman14msu
Mar 10, 2009
On Hillary.OK.YES, I just sold at 76 and jumped back in at 62 10 minutes later. This website is weird and super Tuesday is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Cross-posting from ST thread:

quote:

The OK #s are unusual. I'm not sure how accurate they'll be. This doesn't look like Bernie's normal electorate at all. Independents are supporting Hillary and Bernie is only winning 18-29s by 14 (instead of his usual 60 points)

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

e_angst posted:

Seems like that super-early exit polling data is pushing my Hillary winning Oklahoma shares up 45%. Debating if I really think she'll pull it off or if I should cash out now.

there's no super early exit polling data for anywhere, and won't be for hours

if someone is claiming otherwise, ignore it

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Arkane posted:

there's no super early exit polling data for anywhere, and won't be for hours

It was apparently exit polling of early voters or something? Whatever it was, it was a completely useless data point, which is why it moved the market so hard.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Oh I see it...

http://www.cbsnews.com/elections/2016/primaries/democrat/oklahoma/exit/

Last update was yesterday afternoon, so I guess it's early voting like that pathetic little tramp has said?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

predictit seems to think bernie's neck and neck with clinton in MA. uhhh

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
This is looking ahead a couple days, but KSCAUCUS16.DEM with Bernie.NO is down to .65 despite Hillary polling ~+25 and the caucus happening during a home KU basketball game.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Abel Wingnut posted:

predictit seems to think bernie's neck and neck with clinton in MA. uhhh

it's an echo chamber in there

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Mike_V posted:

This is looking ahead a couple days, but KSCAUCUS16.DEM with Bernie.NO is down to .65 despite Hillary polling ~+25 and the caucus happening during a home KU basketball game.

You sure you're not thinking of Arkansas polling? Clinton has a 25 pt lead there, but nobody, AFAIK, has even tried polling the KS caucuses, and no one probably will.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I love the people itt who pointed out OK and CO.

(ps i'll never take the money and run!! never!!!!!! quote this when I lose it all!)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Hillary YES/Bernie NO Colorado friends??? Are you holding or selling???

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

FourLeaf posted:

I'm holding all the way. Already sold enough to cover possible losses tho.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

FourLeaf posted:

Largely holding, but some profit taking.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

FourLeaf posted:

Holding Hillary YES, but it's only 45 shares and I'm kinda expecting this to be the one I lose tonight.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
A cop, looks like you are having a SUPER tuesday my friend

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Also my lottery ticket play of the night: about $18 on Trump in Texas. I think if you're holding Cruz at 80 cents, you're on hair trigger alert for any sign of a Trump surge and ready to stampede out of the market. Absentee results should get dumped first, and those have favored Trump in the past.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

railroad terror posted:

A cop, looks like you are having a SUPER tuesday my friend

As long as our boy takes MN!!!

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Concerned Citizen posted:

Absentee results should get dumped first, and those have favored Trump in the past.
They will appear at 7PM local time yes, but absentee/early votes typically favor the state frontrunner.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

railroad terror posted:

You sure you're not thinking of Arkansas polling? Clinton has a 25 pt lead there, but nobody, AFAIK, has even tried polling the KS caucuses, and no one probably will.

Whoops, you're right. But there is at least one poll recently released that had Clinton up 10. I do think that the KU game is going to hurt Bernie a little, at least in the Lawrence's district.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

a cop posted:

I love the people itt who pointed out OK and CO.

(ps i'll never take the money and run!! never!!!!!! quote this when I lose it all!)

the reason for profit taking has nothing to do with lacking conviction, it has everything to do with this:

thethreeman posted:

In the last 36 hours, I've bought big blocks between 28-35c and sold between 38-44c four times now. Dem COCAUCUS is insanely volatile. The differences in prices between Sanders NO and Hillary YES have been huge

and this:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a cop posted:

As long as our boy takes MN!!!

*loads rube tube*

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

thethreeman posted:

the reason for profit taking has nothing to do with lacking conviction, it has everything to do with this:

and this:

ahh gotcha. it definitely seems to have settled around ~50c so far today but ya never know what kinds of stupid data points will push things one way or the other so that's a tough call.

Vox Nihili posted:

*loads rube tube*

not the water!! anything but the water!!!

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
What is up with the MN market

I don't actually think anyone likes Marco Rubio more than they like Trumperino

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

AHH FUGH posted:

What is up with the MN market

I don't actually think anyone likes Marco Rubio more than they like Trumperino

MN historically being off-kilter in primaries and a lack of polling has people going there for an upset. Still think Trump's going to take it handily though, didn't some stuff over the weekend indicate that Rubio's counter-punching was working against him for the most part?

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Nothing has changed. If you believe MN shares will start to spike after Trump gets VT and MA called, keep buying.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Hard to say. I feel like just dumping my Trump shares in MN and putting them into something safer.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I'm getting out of Trump No Minnesota at 38c for a solid profit. More money to play around with as exit polls happen and less exposure to the Trump Train.

Also, less goon blue on blue.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The only trump I have today is Yes Arkansas. I have NO for Sanders in Colorado and a paltry amount in NO for Sanders in Minnesota.

I put the vast majority of my bucks into Michigan YES Trump NO Rubio for a guaranteed 7 day return on my money. My heart just ain't good enough for all this day-of horse tradin.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

FourLeaf posted:

Holding all the way and caucusing for Hillary tonight. Lot of friends are too because they're afraid that Trump would not feel the Bern.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Just shipped my MN Trump.Yes shares over to a safer AK Trump.Yes

Probably going to pick up a little bit more in one of the Bernie.No markets too.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

mintskoal posted:

Holding all the way and caucusing for Hillary tonight. Lot of friends are too because they're afraid that Trump would not feel the Bern.

:hf:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hillary's gotta win one of MN or CO and I'll have a happy night.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Proud owner of 300 shares of Kasich Yes in Minnesota (1c each).

Looking to get in on Cruz Yes in Arkansas now if the price is right...

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Vox Nihili posted:

Proud owner of 300 shares of Kasich Yes in Minnesota (1c each).

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Vox Nihili posted:

Looking to get in on Cruz Yes in Arkansas now if the price is right...

do you expect any catalyst for a surge to sell? Just Trump underperforming in the early states? Or do you think he can win?

The Jan poll favored him, but I actually think Rubio is much more undervalued if you want to pick a not-trump. He was tied w Trump in Jan (-4 from Cruz), and has campaigned there several times since primaries started, including yesterday, the eve of ST. With the national polling down for Cruz and up for Rubio in the last two weeks, I like Rubio for like 3-5c as a flip candidate. Frankly I don't think either has a chance though

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
turn left betting thread nooooo

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I think his odds in Arkansas are pretty good. Enough that I'll pay 16c a share, anyway.

The survey monkey polls are pretty bad. Internet polls tend to favor Trump and downplay Cruz. If such a poll shows Cruz within 7 points, yeah I think it could be competitive.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Rubio staffer on MSNBC saying that she's "certain" Rubio is going to pick up MN.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

a cop posted:

Rubio staffer on MSNBC saying that she's "certain" Rubio is going to pick up MN.

I think his odds are on par with Cruz in AR tbqh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

a cop posted:

If you didn't say "she" I'd ask if the staffer was Rove.

• Locked thread