Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The best 2 power creature is actually Young Pyromancer but all of the crying of people who hate blue cards would have you believe there isn't a playable red card in the history of magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

rabidsquid posted:

The best 2 power creature is actually Young Pyromancer but all of the crying of people who hate blue cards would have you believe there isn't a playable red card in the history of magic.

Just like tarmogoyf, young pyromancer is also a blue creature. :smith:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

No, all of those cheap blue cantrips are actually just red spells.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Favorite 2 power creature? Got to be Oracle of Mul Daya, closely followed by Acidic Slime.

Trilas
Sep 16, 2004

Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, because those blue cantrips shouldn't be so drat cheap.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

rabidsquid posted:

No, all of those cheap blue cantrips are actually just red spells.

I wish that's how it worked too, brah. But it isn't.

Anyway I prob would argue that monastery mentor is a better blue creature. So YP is not even a top tier blue creature.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 1, 2016

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Prophet of Kruphix :smith:

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

En Fuego posted:

Everyone's favorite Twitter poster / MTG Spokesman Trick Jarrett posted the question: What's your favorite 2-power creature.

Best color, best value, best art

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Guys it's clearly Giant Spider

Or maybe Woolly Spider

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

I didn't know Samoa Joe played Magic or had long hair

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Cactrot posted:

but neither side has 2 power :confused:

It averages two power.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

My favorite 2 power creature is a tie between Young Peezy and Tidehollow Sculler.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Hellsau posted:

What happened in Pittsburgh?

Agentsythe would be better to ask but, among other things they forgot to leave room for people in the main event coming in with byes so they pushed their backup event off for like 4 hours after playing the first round. Side events pretty much just didn't happen and the ones that did were 4-5 hours late with no announcements that they were suddenly happening.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It averages two power.

Yep.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
um best two power creature is definitely 2/2 zombie token

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
My favorite 2-power creature is Atog after it's eaten half of an artifact

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Zoness posted:

um best two power creature is definitely 2/2 zombie token
Created by Sarcomancy. Man I remember when Sarcomancy+Umbilicus was the best deck ever. t1 sarc, t2 dark rit umbilicus swing.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
the best 2 power creature is two incredibly horny baleful strixes making out in public, gettin all ready to rub their cloacas together

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

suicidesteve posted:

Are PES doing Detroit? I wasn't likely to go but after Pittsburgh, if they're doing it, I'll be 0%.

Yea. I'm still going though because I have byes.

black potus posted:

the best 2 power creature is two incredibly horny baleful strixes making out in public, gettin all ready to rub their cloacas together

Go on..

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 1, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

Bolt exists tho...

and also yeah Young Pyro is my fav 2 power guy, and heck he might be my fav creature

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Yawgmoth posted:

Created by Sarcomancy. Man I remember when Sarcomancy+Umbilicus was the best deck ever. t1 sarc, t2 dark rit umbilicus swing.
Created by bridge from below you mean.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
I'm a simple man. My favorite 2-power creature is Wind Drake.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
My favorite two power creature right now is probably a pair Monastery Swiftspears attacking into a tapland after the prowess trigger from Titan's Strength.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

best 2 power creature is wild mongrel :colbert:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Lab maniac

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
The best thing inquest ever did was what they called iron man magic. They put one copy of every card into 5 decks, filled them up with a ton of basic lands, and let things loose in a free for all. The killing blow was delivered by a severely pumped Camel that survived numerous pieces of removal over the course of the game.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Meatbag Esq. posted:

The best thing inquest ever did was what they called iron man magic. They put one copy of every card into 5 decks, filled them up with a ton of basic lands, and let things loose in a free for all. The killing blow was delivered by a severely pumped Camel that survived numerous pieces of removal over the course of the game.

Wasn't that the one where someone Channel Earthquaked everyone, including himself, for lethal?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

I wish that's how it worked too, brah. But it isn't.

Anyway I prob would argue that monastery mentor is a better blue creature. So YP is not even a top tier blue creature.

It's also my spirit animal

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
i was hoping camel had 2 power bc that would have been a good choice ;_;

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

dogsupremacy posted:

What's the deal with gp and scg pricing vs payout. Especially the scg thing is rough when you look at total taken in vs payout but with these record attendance events something needs to change. I mean I get that you want to cover venue etc but when you consider that competitive magic is a non trivial product seller (wotc) and probably a primary driver for the secondary market in just suprised they can't up the prizes/hype. The EV is really rough not even considering travel or lodging. At least with my poker tourneys there is at least a chance for some of the optimism. Unlike the current situation of I need to top 8 this 700 person event to cover any trip that I can't drive to and crash at a buddies place.

Edit: I think scavenging ooze is my favorite 2/2 as it has a ton of random game vs graveyard shenanigans, incidental delve and snap hate, but most of all a high ceiling

With record attendance obviously the prizing isn't keeping people at home so why would they do this?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Meatbag Esq. posted:

I seem to remember the guy cast the camel on his first turn. Camel had banding and immunity to damage by deserts. They should reprint it in eternal masters.

And just to clarify, each deck had one of every card that existed in magic at the time.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Dysgenesis posted:

I seem to remember the guy cast the camel on his first turn. Camel had banding and immunity to damage by deserts. They should reprint it in eternal masters.

And just to clarify, each deck had one of every card that existed in magic at the time.

also each person had 100 life, for some reason

the game took 13 hours or something

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Elyv posted:

also each person had 100 life, for some reason

the game took 13 hours or something

I really want to try this format out....in it's current incarnation. I mean, how many cards are IN magic now anyway?

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
It's obviously Mulldrifter

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

15625, including un-set cards.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Madmarker posted:

I really want to try this format out....in it's current incarnation. I mean, how many cards are IN magic now anyway?

I feel like you could do this with magiccards.info's random function and a lot of sharpies/markers. For each draw, roll a D10, on <=4, roll the D10 again and 1-2 is plains, 3-4 is island, etc to hit your 40% lands, if the first D10 is >4, then use magiccards.info's random function and then write down that card on a post it. Searching your deck just lets you use the search function.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Madmarker posted:

Apparently someone made a script for it in Cockatrice. Allegedly it works but takes like 5 minutes to load.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Cockatrice/comments/20nmgu/looking_for_a_way_to_create_a_deck_with_one_of/cg50uz2

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
It's mayor of avabruck

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Algid posted:

Created by bridge from below you mean.
Bridge From Below wasn't around in 1999. :colbert:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The best 2-power creature is four Little Girls with banding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
Mtgo has a format a little like this. You make a deck of all basic lands and then your vanguard momir vig vanguard. You discard a card and pay x to get a random creature with x Cmc. There is actually some pretty deep strategy involved.

• Locked thread